Nick Fury- ENTJ
Phil- ENFP
Clint Barton- ISTP
Natasha Romanoff- ENFJ

Old 05-20-2012, 08:28 PM   #2
jonathanb
Member [06%]

MBTI: INTJ

Captain America is a very stereotypical ISTJ in my opinion, and Thor is ENFP. This has been addressed a million times on Keirsey's MBTI blog. In fact, Thor is so ENFP that he actually refers to himself (in the Avengers) as "Champion of the people of Earth" ("Champion is David Keirsey's nickname for ENFPs). Phil is too much of an introvert to be ENFP. Natasha is a ruthless killer - how does that coincide with ENFJ?... ENFJ doesn't correlate with either "spy", or the fact that Barton is probably ISTP, which is the opposite of ENFJ. In most cases I know of, MBTI opposites don't get along so well, and these two worked quite well as a team.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:22 PM   #3
Auburn
Member [02%]
physiognomist
MBTI: INTP

Saw it today. Quite good. :3
Rough Estimations:

Loki - **
Tony Stark - TeNi
The Hulk - NiFe
Captain America - FeSi
Thor - **
Nick Fury - FeNi
Phil Coulson - SiTe
Clint Barton - TeNi
Natasha Romanoff - FeNi

** = character is unrealistic
Old 05-20-2012, 09:54 PM   #4
OwenF
Core Member [151%]

Loki - too deranged and inconsistent to type (INxx?)
Banner - INTP
Stark - ENTP
Captain America - ISxJ
Thor - too boring to type
Fury - ENTJ
Phil - introverted, probably a judging type, but not an INTJ
Barton - ISTP
Natasha - ESTP

All are too fictional to type, but whatever.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:34 AM   #5
Tussenbroek
New Member [01%]

Initially I did think Captain America an ISTJ with his "old fashioned" attitude and his strategies concerning his attacks but after scanning one particular blog my opinion was swayed because it pointed out his feeler tendencies when interacting with team members as well as his gullibility to serve Shield and the military because it was a worthy social cause. I listed Thor as an ESTP because of his lack of planning and his natural abilities as an athlete. Phil caught me as an ENFP purely because of his card collection and his last words to Fury. I had quite a bit of trouble with Natasha, she presents with a playful and caring attitude which she's uses to manipulate people for personal gain, which struck me as ENFJ.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:55 AM   #6
IreOfDesire
Member [34%]

Natasha Fe dom, Thor Ne dom?!?!
Guys, what have you been smoking lately.
IreOfDesire is online
Old 05-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #7
bellcs
New Member [01%]

Banner - INTP
Tony Stark - ENTP without a doubt
Thor - no way an Ne dom unfortunately I think keirseys blog is wrong on this one, i say ENTJ just imagine him like he's 12 in human years with alot of power
Captain America - ISTJ
Loki - INTJ just imagine him like he's 12 in human years, very pissed off, and alot of power
Phil - INFJ
Fury - ENTJ but grown up and less E than thor
Barton - prolly S tough though they didn't really give much time for him to talk
Natasha - not sure either

With loki and thor I think there types are right if you were to just imagine them as pissed off kids and ignore their adult bodies
Old 05-24-2012, 05:55 PM   #8
scorpiomover
Core Member [179%]
Remember, you're a Womble.

Saw the Avengers film last night. Good film.

Summary:

Natasha Romanov - INFJ.

Captain America - ISFJ.

Tony Stark - ENTP.

Bruce Banner - evolved INTP.

Loki - classic INTJ.

Nick Fury - ENFJ.

Clint Barton - ISTP.

Explanation:

1) Natasha strikes me as an INFJ. She has that NF intuitive understanding of people, and that NFJ-ness to make others do her bidding. The ENFJ is a teacher type. She is moulding you. But she does so overtly enough, that you know that she is doing it. The INFJ is the Counselor type. She too is moulding you. But it never feels like that's what is happening, because she keeps her true feelings hidden so well, and you don't realise that you are being moulded, until it is way too late to do anything to stop it. She builds a plan, that no-one knows but her, and then she uses other people's emotions to make it happen. Clear Ni-Fe.

2) Cap is a take-charge kinda guy, and a clear follow-the-rules kinda guy. Total SJ. He never says that he is a Guardian. It's just who he is. He is definitely driven by his values. He doesn't understand others, but he knows the rules of war, and so knows where to place people. So all in all, he is an ISFJ. The Protector. Suits him.

3) Robert Downey Jr is clearly playing a classic ENTP. 'Nuff said.

3) Banner is an evolved INTP. He's got the NT-ness. The first thing he suggested, was to use the spectrometers, to remove possibilities, which is exactly what Ti does. He was interested in getting to know Loki, because Loki is interesting, just like INTPs study everyone and everything. Someone else said that he was an INTJ, because he works so well with Tony Stark (ENTP), and INTJs and ENTPs work so well together. He said at the end, that he controls the Hulk, because he's "always angry". That seemed to suggest that he was controlling the Hulk, and so must be a J. But it seemed a bit odd. I didn't understand it till now. His way of controlling the Hulk, is by being angry, being like the Hulk, and making himself change to be more like the Hulk, so that he and the Hulk can work together. He adapted and became confident. Exactly what happens to an INTP, when he learns to accept his inner demons, and relishes in them. So even though he is an INTP, by evolving, he looks like an INTJ, and so Tony (ENTP) and Banner (evolved INTP, often seems like an INTJ), can work together seamlessly, even better than the ENTP and the INTJ, because he can be Ni-Te when it suits him, like with Tony, and Ti-Ne when it suits him, like when he speaks to Fury.

4) Loki is a total INTJ. Got the megalomania. He wants to rule, like a J. He keeps his plans to himself, like an I. Doesn't care who he hurts. More importantly, he's got a real plan going, that he keeps to himself, but uses others to get there. Ni-Te. Just like an INTJ, he always forgets about the little details, that crush his plan, like the strength of the Hulk.

5) Nick Fury. Definitely has plans. Plays the game, but breaks when it suits him. Manipulates others, even if it is an unfair trick to play. ENFJ.

6) Barton is a total ISTP. Brilliant fighter. Natural instincts. Works alone. Adapts to whatever is going on. ISTP.
scorpiomover is online
Old 05-28-2012, 12:19 AM   #9
Tactical Panda
Core Member [133%]

Originally Posted by scorpiomover
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
4) Loki is a total INTJ. Got the megalomania. He wants to rule, like a J. He keeps his plans to himself, like an I. Doesn't care who he hurts. More importantly, he's got a real plan going, that he keeps to himself, but uses others to get there. Ni-Te. Just like an INTJ, he always forgets about the little details, that crush his plan, like the strength of the Hulk.

INTJs don't have megalomania. We want meaning. There is a difference.

INTJs don't want to rule. We don't want blind incompetent idiots wasting our time. There is a difference.

INTJs don't act like they have inferior Fe.

INTJs use Te rather than Fe, so other people just tend to get in the way instead of being that useful. Or competent for that matter, if something serious is on the line.

And INTJs tend to have plans that work, compared to most. Even if time tends to screw the pristine little ideas of everyone in humanity over.

We are discussing Avengers fiction, not MBTI fiction. Sigh.

Loki is all accusation and no solid investigated evidence. Plus he talks and talks instead of getting his hands dirty way too much. And his plans are always the fault or pressure from others or some other petty emotional excuse instead of his own natural and healthy rational initiative. Just saying.

Plus instead of cutting bonds, he just becomes more and more unhealthy and his choices send him deeper into the holes he digs with every choice he makes. If you don't know how to sever people and relationships instead of playing emotional games, how can you be an INTJ?

Loki basically fails. If he is an INTJ he is completely and utterly undeveloped in terms of type, functions and personality.

Old 05-28-2012, 01:08 AM   #10
mieu
Core Member [194%]
/)^3^(\
MBTI: xNTx

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Except for like the 5 times he accidentally-on-purpose blurted his plans out to his enemies? Thor described him as wanting to show off his power, hence making moves where people could witness him. I don't think he's easily typ-able, too fucked in the head.

Old 06-04-2012, 01:18 AM   #11
ACe Bishop
New Member [01%]

Ever read how Loki was planning on being caught? How his plan was to fail...

He is working with Thanos... the dude who cracked the smile at the very end. Other than Death Thanos really likes this thing called the Infinity Gauntlet which is currently in the vault on Asgard. He needs Loki to help him get it. Loki cannot just show up back on Asgard with no questions... He needs a reason to go back. So He and Thanos use the chitari to invade Earth. This forces Odin to send Thor to bring Loki back. The Avengers stop the invasion and Thor brings a smirking Loki back to Asgard to get his wrist slapped by Odin.

With that said Loki is too messed up in the head to type
Old 06-04-2012, 02:59 PM   #12
scorpiomover
Core Member [179%]

Originally Posted by Tactical Panda
INTJs don't have megalomania. We want meaning. There is a difference.

INTJs don't want to rule. We don't want blind incompetent idiots wasting our time. There is a difference.

INTJs don't act like they have inferior Fe.

INTJs use Te rather than Fe, so other people just tend to get in the way instead of being that useful. Or competent for that matter, if something serious is on the line.

And INTJs tend to have plans that work, compared to most. Even if time tends to screw the pristine little ideas of everyone in humanity over.

We are discussing Avengers fiction, not MBTI fiction. Sigh.

Loki is all accusation and no solid investigated evidence. Plus he talks and talks instead of getting his hands dirty way too much. And his plans are always the fault or pressure from others or some other petty emotional excuse instead of his own natural and healthy rational initiative. Just saying.

Plus instead of cutting bonds, he just becomes more and more unhealthy and his choices send him deeper into the holes he digs with every choice he makes. If you don't know how to sever people and relationships instead of playing emotional games, how can you be an INTJ?

Loki basically fails. If he is an INTJ he is completely and utterly undeveloped in terms of type, functions and personality.

I appreciate that you think you don't do any of this. Should we take a course across the thousands of threads on this site, and see if any INTJs do any of this?

Originally Posted by mieu
Except for like the 5 times he accidentally-on-purpose blurted his plans out to his enemies? Thor described him as wanting to show off his power, hence making moves where people could witness him. I don't think he's easily typ-able, too fucked in the head.

If you watched the film, he PLANNED to get caught. He told them his plans, when it didn't matter to him, and when it did, he told them only as much of the plan as he wanted them to know, in order to get them to come to the wrong conclusion and do exactly what he wanted, on a practical basis, that anyone who was in their job, would do.

He would have won, too.

He forgot something obvious, that the Hulk could stop him easily, if the Hulk got close enough. Loki figured he would be able to protect himself, and not need the army to keep the Hulk from getting near him. Overconfidence in his abilities.

He also forgot that his control of humans was incomplete, and that the humans under his power might leave a small weakness in his device, that other humans might be able to exploit. Again, over-confidence in his abilities let him down.

But you guys decide what you want to believe.

scorpiomover is online
Old 06-06-2012, 03:46 AM   #13
Tactical Panda
Core Member [133%]

I appreciate that you think you don't do any of this. Should we take a course across the thousands of threads on this site, and see if any INTJs do any of this?

Sure, although if the person in question isn't really an INTJ except in claim, I may still remain unimpressed with your argument, even if I don't bother to respond further.

Assuming you can tell the difference between serious plans and things that by design are not there to reach fruition.

Please don't tell me you think everyone who says they are an INTJ is an INTJ.

Even if we set aside the true scotsman fallacy from being used in this area of study, I'm still quite comfortable at this point over the matter.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:48 AM   #14
scorpiomover
Core Member [179%]

Sure, although if the person in question isn't really an INTJ except in claim, I may still remain unimpressed with your argument, even if I don't bother to respond further.

Knowing that so many INTJs admitted that INTJs refuse to admit failure to the hilt, even if you agreed with me 100%, I would still be astonished if you would say you were impressed with my argument.

Assuming you can tell the difference between serious plans and things that by design are not there to reach fruition.

Having been involved with a lot of projects and situations, some of which had serious plans that screwed up because of an oversight, and some of which were intended to reach results other than the ones other people were told they were for, I have some experience to work with.

Oversights show the characteristic that the owner claims much of what resulted was intentional, to cover his backside. But when you sit down and run through the different motives one might have, whichever motive you use, one small type of action would always have been done differently by the person, different small actions for different motives. But none of them fit ALL the details, except that of oversight.

Hidden intent works the same. All intents, even the ones that includes forgetting about some major issues, such as oversight, would result in a different set of actions, all except a particular hidden intent, wherein ALL the details fit so well, as if they were intended to be that way, and deliberately arranged to produce such an end result.

Loki pretended to get captured. But at the last minute, Loki's team shows up, just when the Hulk went mad, and they had a direct way in, that was facilitated by the chaos that ensued from Loki's capture with his spear. Everything makes sense, if it was intended.

Loki planned the invasion to almost perfection. He forgot one thing that even Thor forgets. The Hulk is one of the few beings that has the strength to best even an Asgardian, and so if you let him pin you, you are defeated. Not a problem, as long as you don't get so sure of your competency, that you let him get near you, and pin you down. But that takes accepting that your immense abilities have limits, that even a lowly INTP can bypass without trying, simply because INTPs do doubt themselves so often. Classic oversight.

Please don't tell me you think everyone who says they are an INTJ is an INTJ.

Knowing that so many INTJs admitted that INTJs refuse to admit failure to the hilt, I can trust that if someone looks like they are someone who does things that INTJs would regard as failure, they would claim he was not INTJ. The other way around, is equally somewhat untrustable, because of a lowering of falsifiability on the other side.

Even if we set aside the true scotsman fallacy from being used in this area of study, I'm still quite comfortable at this point over the matter.

I am glad to see that you are having a good day.

scorpiomover is online
Old 06-07-2012, 08:00 AM   #15
Tactical Panda
Core Member [133%]

I've already heard the theory that Loki intended to be captured. I'm not particularly disputing that. Merely that every step of the way he intended to mess with emotions - from black widow, to the hulk to bust up shield, to using thor's sense of kinship to escape earth's punishment.

INTJs basically don't use Fe destructively. Loki was an overly well practiced hand at it.

As to plan, he was trying to save his own ass. There was no strategic level organizational thinking - it was all one man saving himself. Get avengers angry to interest Thanos about earth moreso than keeping Loki accountable. All the plan was is 'to piss people off and save your own skin'.

I don't even consider that worth being considered as 'a plan'. It is just a sick child's desperation - doing only what he knows in order to try and wiggle out of a hole he has dug himself into, all the while calling himself a god removed above others. Pathetic.

Knowing that so many INTJs admitted that INTJs refuse to admit failure to the hilt, even if you agreed with me 100%, I would still be astonished if you would say you were impressed with my argument.

Wait what? Can you point me to this?

INTJs I know hate the blame game and are pretty honest. They seem more willing to solve a problem than play politics by pointing fingers.

What is this "knowing that so many INTJs admitted that INTJs refuse to admit failure to the hilt"?

Do you actually have somewhere or something that backs this up?

If I hadn't already heard what you have said about Loki, I would be impressed.

Old 06-07-2012, 02:17 PM   #16
scorpiomover
Core Member [179%]

I've already heard the theory that Loki intended to be captured. I'm not particularly disputing that. Merely that every step of the way he intended to mess with emotions - from black widow, to the hulk to bust up shield, to using thor's sense of kinship to escape earth's punishment.

A fundamental part of planning, is knowing how people will react, even when their emotions are making them react that way, because otherwise, they are a loose cannon, that could do anything, and screw up all your plans. You don't need to understand how they feel specifically. But you do need to understand how they will react to stimuli, including those responses generated by their emotional reactions to the stimuli you present to them.

INTJs basically don't use Fe destructively. Loki was an overly well practiced hand at it

If you watched the film, and you saw how Natasha totally manipulated the Russian guy in the beginning to reveal all his plans to her, THAT is Fe.

As to plan, he was trying to save his own ass. There was no strategic level organizational thinking - it was all one man saving himself. Get avengers angry to interest Thanos about earth moreso than keeping Loki accountable. All the plan was is 'to piss people off and save your own skin'.

Well, if you can show me that 99% of INTJs here never react to piss people off, and never react to save their own skins, I'll agree that it's not an INTJ trait.

I don't even consider that worth being considered as 'a plan'. It is just a sick child's desperation - doing only what he knows in order to try and wiggle out of a hole he has dug himself into, all the while calling himself a god removed above others. Pathetic.

Look around. Read the posts here.

Wait what? Can you point me to this?

Sure. Go to your profile. Select the Statistics tab. Click on the link called "Find all threads started by Tactical Panda". (That's you). Look at the thread "Why INTJs are terrible". Look at a few other threads of a similar topic, started by you. READ YOUR OWN THREADS!

INTJs I know hate the blame game and are pretty honest. They seem more willing to solve a problem than play politics by pointing fingers.

WE ALL PLAY THE BLAME GAME SOMETIMES! Including me.

What is this "knowing that so many INTJs admitted that INTJs refuse to admit failure to the hilt"?

Do you actually have somewhere or something that backs this up?

Read your own threads.

If I hadn't already heard what you have said about Loki, I would be impressed.

If you have a better suggestion as to what his MBTI functions are, and what order they might be in, I'd love to hear it. Really.

But remember, I will check it out for myself. I trust you, to act according to your own nature.

scorpiomover is online
Old 06-07-2012, 10:20 PM   #17
Tactical Panda
Core Member [133%]

A fundamental part of planning, is knowing how people will react, even when their emotions are making them react that way, because otherwise, they are a loose cannon, that could do anything, and screw up all your plans. You don't need to understand how they feel specifically. But you do need to understand how they will react to stimuli, including those responses generated by their emotional reactions to the stimuli you present to them.

No, planning like that would make someone quite a failure at planning.

Planning is about contingencies, not planning for a linear stream of reactions.

Planners know that reality flays such pretty little pristine plans alive.

I think most INTJs over the age of four know this at some level.

If you watched the film, and you saw how Natasha totally manipulated the Russian guy in the beginning to reveal all his plans to her, THAT is Fe.

That is Fe. That isn't inferior Fe. I don't see how your point relates to what I have mentioned.

Well, if you can show me that 99% of INTJs here never react to piss people off, and never react to save their own skins, I'll agree that it's not an INTJ trait.

It's not a trait of INTJ planning, nor is it the primary mode of getting anything done.
Nor is it a grand stroke. Your assertion that the actions that Loki took were similar to INTJs is about as useful as saying any animal that has four legs is most likely a sheep. That is, it is unconvincing and dubious.

How is someones' skin at risk on an internet forum? Thus your entire assertion seems like a waste of the time spent comprehending it, and the test devised seems laughable.

Look around. Read the posts here.

I don't get it. What are you trying to describe or point to?

Sure. Go to your profile. Select the Statistics tab. Click on the link called "Find all threads started by Tactical Panda". (That's you). Look at the thread "Why INTJs are terrible". Look at a few other threads of a similar topic, started by you. READ YOUR OWN THREADS!

Read the first opening post of that thread. Almost no one did, or effectively acted as if they did not. Thats why that thread turned out as it did.

Ironic much? Read the thread you suggested others to read. That last sentence is a similar theme to that thread, if you bothered to actually read it.

WE ALL PLAY THE BLAME GAME SOMETIMES! Including me.

Inductive reasoning, although probably true. But people with character can choose against it. Unlike Loki, who is a pretty much slave to his own nature.

Have you actually seen mature INTJs playing the blame game? I mean outside of your own suspicion. It actually seems very rare.

Read your own threads.

Sounds like a time sink to hide a lack of reasoned evidence.

If you have a better suggestion as to what his MBTI functions are, and what order they might be in, I'd love to hear it. Really.

Perhaps, but that would depend on if I had any intention of telling anyone.
Which by now my actions should make somewhat clear.

But remember, I will check it out for myself. I trust you, to act according to your own nature.

I don't understand this last part unless it has to do with my suggestion of Loki's MBTI type.

Old 11-29-2013, 10:19 PM   #18
BlackAt
New Member [01%]

Originally Posted by bellcs
Banner - INTP
Thor - no way an Ne dom unfortunately I think keirseys blog is wrong on this one, i say ENTJ just imagine him like he's 12 in human years with alot of power
Captain America - ISTJ
Loki - INTJ just imagine him like he's 12 in human years, very pissed off, and alot of power
Phil - INFJ
Barton - prolly S tough though they didn't really give much time for him to talk

With loki and thor I think there types are right if you were to just imagine them as pissed off kids and ignore their adult bodies

Old 11-30-2013, 12:37 PM   #19
JudgeDavid
Member [28%]

Originally Posted by bellcs
Banner - INTP
Captain America - ISTJ
Phil - INFJ

It's a fair comment, since the average lifespan of Asgardians is measured in millennia. And I always typed Loki as INTJ as well; emotionally cold, above average intelligence, strategist.

Old 12-01-2013, 04:51 AM   #20
SarcasticVlad
Core Member [108%]

Thor is an ESTP. He's just not a douchebag like most real life ESTPs. He's more like an honorable knight type of ESTP. And people who typed Black Widow as anything other than ISTP have never met an ISTP woman. Women are better at tapping into their intuition and feelings.