Astrology: Are 'Scorpios' prevalent among INTJs? None
Old 01-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #1
sed0007
Core Member [358%]
“Now here is my secret, very simply: you can only see things clearly with your heart. What is essential is invisible to the eye.”
MBTI: INTJ

When I first joined the forum and scanned the profiles of those who had visited my profile, I noted that 75-80% were.....Scorpios, as am I.

Obviously, there's a lot of convergence between the characteristics of INTJ's and Scorpios.....so much so that I'm kind of surprised I found no threads devoted to this notion.

Or maybe I just didn't look hard enough.

All input welcomed.......

Old 01-09-2012, 10:28 AM   #2
davai
Core Member [240%]
MBTI: INFP

Define - being a Scorpio.

---------- Post added 01-09-2012 at 03:51 PM ----------

Or perhaps i should ask, what are the prerequisites for being a Scorpio?
Old 01-09-2012, 10:54 AM   #3
sed0007
Core Member [358%]
“Now here is my secret, very simply: you can only see things clearly with your heart. What is essential is invisible to the eye.”

Scorpio in a Nutshell:

Scorpio is the astrology sign of extremes and intensity. Scorpios are very deep, intense people, there is always more then meets the eye. They present a cool, detached and unemotional air to the world yet lying underneath is tremendous power, extreme strength, intense passion and a strong will and a persistent drive. Scorpios have a very penetrative mind, do not be surprised if they ask questions, they are trying to delve deeper and figure things out and survey the situation. They always want to know why, where and any other possible detail they can possibly know. Scorpio's are very weary of the games that other people try to play and they are very aware of it. Scorpios tend to dominate and control anyone that lets them, or anyone that they find weak. The person that a Scorpio respects and holds close to them is treated with amazing kindness, loyalty and generosity. On the outside, a Scorpio has great secretiveness and mystery. This magnetically draws people to them. They are known to be controlling and too ambitious but only because they need control for this makes them feel safe.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:56 AM   #4
davai
Core Member [240%]

Well that's a nice description, but how does one become a Scorpio in the first place??
Old 01-09-2012, 10:58 AM   #5
Polymath20
Core Member [677%]
MBTI: ENTP

Originally Posted by davai
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Well that's a nice description, but how does one become a Scorpio in the first place??

Your birthday.

Old 01-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #6
davai
Core Member [240%]

Originally Posted by Polymath20
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Your birthday.

You mean, the constellation the sun rises in on my birthday?

Old 01-09-2012, 11:02 AM   #7
sed0007
Core Member [358%]

Though the heavens have shifted slowly over the eons, it is an astrological sign and most people acknowledge that your 'sign' is determined by your birthdate....my query is simply to determine how many in the forum see a correlation. I will be happy to delete the thread if you feel I'm being non-inclusive. I meant to start a discussion....not a thesis.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:03 AM   #8
heartless
Member [04%]

i'm not a Scorp.

you have to look at the entire natal chart as sun sign alone is mostly a sweeping generalisation. i'm also into astrology, btw. the correlation (my natal and MBTI) is uncanny.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #9
davai
Core Member [240%]

Originally Posted by sed0007
Though the heavens have shifted slowly over the eons, it is an astrological sign and most people acknowledge that your 'sign' is determined by your birthdate....

If most people believe the earth is flat should we believe them?

Old 01-09-2012, 11:20 AM   #10
sed0007
Core Member [358%]

Originally Posted by heartless
i'm not a Scorp.

you have to look at the entire natal chart as sun sign alone is mostly a sweeping generalisation. i'm also into astrology, btw. the correlation (my natal and MBTI) is uncanny.

Thanks for the comment........Granted, there is no scientific basis for astrology typification, (again, because of the inexorable shift of these constellations over the millenia); there can be thought-provoking correlations which each or any of us may find it amusing to ponder.....just the sort of discussion I was looking to start.....

Perhaps I should have noted that ANY sign can and may have correlations to MBTI, but I reiterate my initial observation.... that Scorpios seem to predominate....at least among those whose profile I have looked at.

Old 01-09-2012, 11:25 AM   #11
Polymath20
Core Member [677%]

Thanks for the comment........Granted, there is no scientific basis for astrology typification, (again, because of the inexorable shift of these constellations over the millenia); there can be thought-provoking correlations which each or any of us may find it amusing to ponder.....just the sort of discussion I was looking to start.....

Perhaps I should have noted that ANY sign can and may have correlations to MBTI, but I reiterate my initial observation.... that Scorpios seem to predominate....at least among those whose profile I have looked at.

I think that any influence the heavens have on your personality will be mostly influenced by the seasons during your gestation. I think the constellations were just a way to keep track of it. Science has recently shown that there are some personality traits which are more common in spring babies versus autumn babies and so on. I think spring babies (Pisces) are more prone to depression - which makes sense if you're a moody Pisces.

Old 01-09-2012, 11:25 AM   #12
davai
Core Member [240%]

Granted, there is no scientific basis for astrology typification

There's some interesting theories out there, but nothing definitive as yet i agree.

Old 01-09-2012, 11:29 AM   #13
BellaBianca
Veteran Member [67%]
Play
MBTI: INFJ

Wouldn't scorpios be far more than one to two percent of the population?
Old 01-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #14
davai
Core Member [240%]

Originally Posted by BellaBianca
Wouldn't scorpios be far more than one to two percent of the population?

Sign frequencies are something i've never been able to find unfortunately. I would have expected at least some people to do surveys at some point or another.

---------- Post added 01-09-2012 at 04:32 PM ----------

I presume we could look at census records. Sounds like quite a chore though.

Old 01-09-2012, 11:51 AM   #15
Monte314
Core Member [492%]
Chief Scientist; Adjunct Full Professor of Computer Science; six times Who's Who in the World; national, state Advisory Panels; author of two books, many papers; Jedi Math Dog

I am a Scorpio... is that good for your theory, or bad?
Monte314 is online
Old 01-09-2012, 11:53 AM   #16
Polymath20
Core Member [677%]

Originally Posted by Monte314
I am a Scorpio... is that good for your theory, or bad?

This sounds like a job for a poll!

Old 01-09-2012, 11:57 AM   #17
Monte314
Core Member [492%]
Chief Scientist; Adjunct Full Professor of Computer Science; six times Who's Who in the World; national, state Advisory Panels; author of two books, many papers; Jedi Math Dog

Yes! Is anyone here Polish?
Monte314 is online
Old 01-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #18
Silverity
Core Member [375%]

Originally Posted by davai
Sign frequencies are something i've never been able to find unfortunately. I would have expected at least some people to do surveys at some point or another.

---------- Post added 01-09-2012 at 04:32 PM ----------

I presume we could look at census records. Sounds like quite a chore though.

Yeah... I looked for them too. I did find a snippet quote that more babies are born in the fall months but I couldn't find the original source =\

Old 01-09-2012, 12:20 PM   #19
deconspire
Core Member [436%]
i carry no ca$h
MBTI: intp

When I first joined the forum and scanned the profiles of those who had visited my profile, I noted that 75-80% were.....Scorpios, as am I.

I'll help throw that % off by visiting your profile. Maybe Scorpio's have some kind of beacon that draws other Scorpio's to them?
[HIDE="Like this guy here?"]
[/HIDE]

Obviously, there's a lot of convergence between the characteristics of INTJ's and Scorpios.....so much so that I'm kind of surprised I found no threads devoted to this notion.

Could say that about Aquarius as well. Or introverted Leo's. I think INTJ's in general find astrology to be bad science, and therefore, not worth much brain-energy. We INTX/INTP types are a little more willing to follow that road awhile.

Hey, that's sort of racist, but I polish quite well. You should see my shoes!

Old 01-09-2012, 12:27 PM   #20
Mindfreak
Member [15%]

My father was Scorpio, and most likely INTJ.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:33 PM   #21
DrCiao
Member [39%]

I only knew one "Scorpio" and she was not as you described- rather the opposite. Although she was moderately attractive, she had a huge insecurity about living in New Jersey and being overweight and spent most of her time trolling/projecting her own insecurities to other women online.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #22
sed0007
Core Member [358%]

Originally Posted by Silverity
Yeah... I looked for them too. I did find a snippet quote that more babies are born in the fall months but I couldn't find the original source =\

LOL!...I can give credence to that, my two brothers and I were all born late Oct., early Nov......all Scorpios......(seems our parents only "got together" when it was REALLY cold outisde, late Jan., early Feb.)

---------- Post added 01-09-2012 at 12:39 PM ----------

Originally Posted by Monte314

50% Polish, here.....on my mothers' side.....(and she LOVES Polish jokes)

---------- Post added 01-09-2012 at 12:41 PM ----------

When did "Polish" become a 'race'?

Old 01-09-2012, 01:28 PM   #23
Vermillion
Suspended

MBTI: XNXX

Scorpios are kind of like wannabe Leos. You know how scientists say Jupiter failed to become a star? Well that is basically how Scorpios are in relation to Leos, they just couldn't quite cut it.

And btw, you don't get your astrological sign by your birth date, that's a load of superstitious bullshit. You get your sign by your personality. Though I am a naturally born Leo so I guess that makes me extra special.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:51 PM   #24
sed0007
Core Member [358%]

Originally Posted by Vermillion
Scorpios are kind of like wannabe Leos. You know how scientists say Jupiter failed to become a star? Well that is basically how Scorpios are in relation to Leos, they just couldn't quite cut it.

And btw, you don't get your astrological sign by your birth date, that's a load of superstitious bullshit. You get your sign by your personality. Though I am a naturally born Leo so I guess that makes me extra special.

This will be news to the Horoscope publishers out there.....

Old 01-09-2012, 02:48 PM   #25
scorpiomover
Core Member [178%]
Remember, you're a Womble.
MBTI: INTP

Not that commonly, from what I've seen. I've come across a few Scorpio INTJs. But no more than generally occurs. I'm a Scorpio, and I'm an INTP. Another friend is a Scorpio, and he's an ISTP.

FYI, none of the Scorpios that I've met IRL, or the ones that I've met online, are controlling or dominating types, including the INTJs that are Scorpios here on this forum. Scorpios are INTENSE. Different word, different meaning, different form of behaviour.
scorpiomover is online