Do most INTJs consider themselves demisexual? sexuality
Old 12-23-2011, 12:50 AM   #1
Overanalyzer
Banned

MBTI: INFJ

I've never heard of this term till today and read it on another MBTI forum where it concerned INTJs primarily.

Old 12-23-2011, 02:54 AM   #2
Ravendicon
Member [07%]
MBTI: INTP

I've seen too many different definitions of demisexuality to use it to describe myself, but often don't have intense sexual attraction towards someone until I have formed an emotional or intellectual connection. But, I lack the asexual tendencies you find in most definitions of demisexuality.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:01 AM   #3
Fujimoto
Core Member [238%]
MBTI: INTP

What is "demisexuality"?
Old 12-23-2011, 11:33 AM   #4
theiceman
Member [42%]
"Everything you put faith in is a mockery of the truth. Safety is a lie, peace is an illusion, and love is transient. The seeds of corruption will grow in the hearts of all humanity.
MBTI: INTJ

I'm personally not one although I would consider myself to be a borderline demisexual based on the page below. I still feel attraction through personality and appearance so that would be considered primary attraction. My sexual attraction to somebody starts increasing rapidly based on the emotional connection I have to them. The definition below says that sexual attraction is formed through an emotional connection with somebody and not off such things as appearance, personality and wealth (primary sexual attraction). Being a psychology major I've heard this word thrown around a few times but it's not something commonly referenced in the psychological community.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:28 PM   #5
kalieldriel
Member [03%]

At first I was going to state that I didn't think demisexual applied to me, but the more I read about it, the more I feel as though it may. I wasn't aware of this term until you mentioned it, thank you.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:16 PM   #6
GSOgymrat
Member [11%]

I had to search "demisexual". Definitely not me. I'm more likely to find someone sexually attractive until they talk and ruin the fantasy.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:15 PM   #7
CaelestisPeste
Core Member [143%]
MBTI: XXXX

Nope, doesn't apply to me. It's a bit too idealistic.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:37 PM   #8
Taste of peat
Member [28%]

Originally Posted by GSOgymrat
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I had to search "demisexual". Definitely not me. I'm more likely to find someone sexually attractive until they talk and ruin the fantasy.

The same. However, sexual attraction and girls' smartness are relatively independent from my point of view.

Old 12-24-2011, 02:40 PM   #9
zibber
Core Member [505%]
reventive avatar remo

Hm. There's actually quite a bit to that, for me. There's definitely an.. inclination. It's more a question of comfort than anything else.

---------- Post added 12-24-2011 at 09:40 PM ----------

Originally Posted by GSOgymrat

Actually, yeah - that occurs as well.

Old 12-24-2011, 05:23 PM   #10
Moondyn
Member [08%]

Definitely not
Old 12-24-2011, 05:28 PM   #11
Metaphor
Member [07%]
Soul meets body

Definitely YES. This is how I ended up in my current relationship.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:29 PM   #12
Overanalyzer
Banned

Go on...
Old 12-24-2011, 05:33 PM   #13
mieu
Core Member [194%]
/)^3^(\
MBTI: xNTx

I score low on the I and J side, but the answer is emphatically 'no.'
Old 12-24-2011, 05:47 PM   #14
plotthickens
Core Member [845%]
Don't stick beans up your nose.

Fuck no. Horny little bastards, most of us.
plotthickens is online
Old 12-24-2011, 06:14 PM   #15
xavier3961
Member [15%]
MBTI: intj

I am one, but didn't know it until I read the article.

Thank You for sharing!!!
Old 12-24-2011, 06:24 PM   #16
Overanalyzer
Banned

Originally Posted by plotthickens
Fuck no. Horny little bastards, most of us.

so bisexual? =o

Old 12-24-2011, 06:44 PM   #17
Caramello
Member [03%]

When it comes to personal gratification, I would say no, but in terms of intimate relationships, yes.
Old 12-24-2011, 06:59 PM   #18
Overanalyzer
Banned

Originally Posted by Caramello
When it comes to personal gratification, I would say no, but in terms of intimate relationships, yes.

Does this mean experimentation?

Old 12-25-2011, 05:49 AM   #19
Purgatid
Veteran Member [64%]

That looks a lot like me. I am not limited by race, age, gender etcetera. My limitation is that I need to feel love for the person, or I just won't feel any sexual attraction to them. The evolution of attraction for me starts with becoming interested in someone as a person. I find their ideas and experiences interesting, and as time passes, I'll decide if I'd like this person to be in my life. If I do want that - then I may very well develop romantic feelings for them and only after that has happened do I see them as sexually attractive.
Old 12-25-2011, 06:40 AM   #20
Overanalyzer
Banned

Originally Posted by Purgatid
That looks a lot like me. I am not limited by race, age, gender etcetera. My limitation is that I need to feel love for the person, or I just won't feel any sexual attraction to them. The evolution of attraction for me starts with becoming interested in someone as a person. I find their ideas and experiences interesting, and as time passes, I'll decide if I'd like this person to be in my life. If I do want that - then I may very well develop romantic feelings for them and only after that has happened do I see them as sexually attractive.

Insightful, what kind of ideas/experiences would be interesting enough to be attractive?

Old 12-25-2011, 07:15 AM   #21
Purgatid
Veteran Member [64%]

Originally Posted by Overanalyzer
Insightful, what kind of ideas/experiences would be interesting enough to be attractive?

That could encompass a lot of different things. My current GF, as an example, exhibited very in depth understanding of physics (more so than my self, though I am but an amateur), philosophy, ethics, history and social sciences. That started my attraction for her. With time, I also discovered other traits, like well developed empathy, compassion, a blatent disregard for conventional "life goals" (such as money, status, etcetera), and a very strong will. That did it for me, I fell in love and hence - developed sexual attraction for her. I remember vividly that I did not feel any sexual attraction towards her the first time we met, but obsessed over her once I fell in love with her.

Old 12-25-2011, 07:48 AM   #22
Overanalyzer
Banned

Would all those things without her being involved in it, not initially but gradually, grow to possibly be of interest to you or does it have to be done prior to meeting you?
Old 12-25-2011, 08:09 AM   #23
Purgatid
Veteran Member [64%]

Originally Posted by Overanalyzer
Would all those things without her being involved in it, not initially but gradually, grow to possibly be of interest to you or does it have to be done prior to meeting you?

Not sure what you're asking here.

Old 12-25-2011, 03:03 PM   #24
Overanalyzer
Banned

Err, all those things she was interested in, if she didn't have them initially, but grew to be interested in ethics, philo, etc, would you still find her attractive?

Or if that makes sense, if she developed intrerests as you got to know her that she didn't prior to meeting you, could you see yourself attracted to her overtime/gradually?
Old 12-25-2011, 11:33 PM   #25
jonnyb
Core Member [533%]
Bring me Beer!  Leave it there, on the ground.  Now walk away, slowly.

I have sexual attraction in absence of a relationship, but I don't engage in sex without having a healthy connection with the other person.

Tags
sexuality