ESTP Women None
Old 10-19-2011, 07:49 PM   #1
Bisclavret
Core Member [140%]
"Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally. Golly, what a day!"
MBTI: INfj

From my readings of the MBTI Types, the ESTP would, at least on the surface, appears to be portrayed as one amongst the least stereotypical depictions of women that I have seen, amongst the sixteen types (along with the NT types of course).

I've never met one. How are they like?

Note: I'll expand my question to emcompass the other ST Artisan: the ISTP.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:00 PM   #2
DrCiao
Member [40%]
MBTI: INTJ

ESTPs I've found are very charming and good at reading people. They have those enthusiastic personalities primarily good with motivating people or something sales-related.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:04 PM   #3
Bisclavret
Core Member [140%]

Originally Posted by DrCiao
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ESTPs I've found are very charming and good at reading people. They have those enthusiastic personalities primarily good with motivating people or something sales-related.

The enthusiastic motivational sort? How then would you diffentiate them from the extroverted feelers like the NF?

Old 10-19-2011, 08:13 PM   #4
Zsych
Core Member [500%]
MBTI: ENTP

Fun, dangerous, morally ambiguous.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:16 PM   #5
Bisclavret
Core Member [140%]

Originally Posted by Zsych
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Fun, dangerous, morally ambiguous.

Dangerous you say? And would the moral ambiguity have anything to do with their preference for T over F?

Old 10-19-2011, 09:10 PM   #6
Imagineering
Veteran Member [53%]
MBTI: xxxx

Originally Posted by Bisclavret
Dangerous you say? And would the moral ambiguity have anything to do with their preference for T over F?

The F feels bad after the fact. The T feels nothing.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:12 PM   #7
Bisclavret
Core Member [140%]

Originally Posted by Imagineering
The F feels bad after the fact. The T feels nothing.

Or maybe the T feels something but is unwilling to show it and or admit it?

Old 10-20-2011, 06:25 AM   #8
Tactical Panda
Core Member [133%]

ESTP women are dangerous territory.

Get to know them well. If you realize that you don't, not really, then red alert and step back twenty paces.

ISTP women are suprisingly feminine in some ways - such as compassion displays through actions - but can be dangerous territory when their hearts do 165 degree turns if you were hoping for a steady course.

But get a second opinion.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:11 PM   #9
Bisclavret
Core Member [140%]

Originally Posted by Tactical Panda
ESTP women are dangerous territory.

Get to know them well. If you realize that you don't, not really, then red alert and step back twenty paces.

ISTP women are suprisingly feminine in some ways - such as compassion displays through actions - but can be dangerous territory when their hearts do 165 degree turns if you were hoping for a steady course.

But get a second opinion.

Interesting opinion. I still have difficulty imagining how these specific types can be particularly "dangerous" as you've described them to be. My (possibly erroneous) assumption is that one could expect more straightforwardness from a female T than from an F. Though I realize that straightforwardness does not always translate into honesty (though one would hope that it could).

Old 10-20-2011, 01:17 PM   #10
Distance
Core Member [765%]
Cultural distaste.
MBTI: eNTj

I find ESTP women obnoxious. Same goes for many ISTPs of both genders. But when ISTPs mature which doesn't appear to be age reliant, they're awesome!

ESTP men are a blast but be forewarned about energy drains since they don't stop going and going and going.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:45 PM   #11
Bisclavret
Core Member [140%]

Originally Posted by Distance
I find ESTP women obnoxious. Same goes for many ISTPs of both genders. But when ISTPs mature which doesn't appear to be age reliant, they're awesome!

ESTP men are a blast but be forewarned about energy drains since they don't stop going and going and going.

All expressed extroverts are draining, though some are definitely more interested to talk with than others. Personally, I feel that I'd have an easier time with an ENTP or ENFP woman, considering that she may have something to talk about that I am at least interested in hearing (especially if we are dealing with ideas/concepts). Though I realize that this is a gross generalization, as it really depends upon the individual.

When I think of ESTP or ISTP women, the first thing that comes to mind are images of fictional and or real life female detectives, treasure hunters, sky diving instructors, athletes, race car drivers, firefighters, pilots, etc. What's peculiar is that each of these domains is that they are generally male oriented/dominated.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:49 PM   #12
Distance
Core Member [765%]
Cultural distaste.
MBTI: eNTj

All expressed extroverts are draining, though some are definitely more interested to talk with than others. Personally, I feel that I'd have an easier time with an ENTP or ENFP woman, considering that she may have something to talk about that I am at least interested in hearing (especially if we are dealing with ideas/concepts). Though I realize that this is a gross generalization, as it really depends upon the individual.

When I think of ESTP or ISTP women, the first thing that comes to mind are images of fictional female detectives, treasure hunters, sky diving instructors, athletes, race car drivers, firefighters, pilots, etc. What's peculiar is that each of these domains is that they are generally male oriented/dominated.

Sounds like you have a preference for Ne-doms! Many INTs also have the same preference. It appears that ENFPs have the ability to draw the INT men from their shells, whereby their core strengths being feelings, can help to compensate for the lack within INT men.

Try it, it just might work for you!

Old 10-20-2011, 07:45 PM   #13
Tactical Panda
Core Member [133%]

Interesting opinion. I still have difficulty imagining how these specific types can be particularly "dangerous" as you've described them to be. My (possibly erroneous) assumption is that one could expect more straightforwardness from a female T than from an F. Though I realize that straightforwardness does not always translate into honesty (though one would hope that it could).

They just have unexpected natures.

Its just both of them are rarely what your initial impressions usually suggest.

Some ISTPs are willing to sacrifice the future for what they think is right without giving it great thought if it seems like it is in their power to take that option and ruffle some feathers.

Some ESTPs are willing to get you to buy their stuff, do their work and then after using your help be thankful for your spinelessness and inability to realize or stand up against being used and pushed around. And by thankful I mean lose all respect.

Thats the bad sides though. I have ISTP friends and work along ESTPs I have no problems with. So... we wary but experience the real thing, or the picture will be incomplete. There are some great ESTPs and ISTPs out there.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:57 PM   #14
True Rune
Core Member [212%]
Dying is as pointless as living.
MBTI: INTx

Stereotypical "bad girls".. I've actually managed to attract a couple in my lifetime. I find it really hard to relate to them despite getting along. Immature ones... are not good friends.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:50 PM   #15
Bisclavret
Core Member [140%]

They just have unexpected natures.

Its just both of them are rarely what your initial impressions usually suggest.

Some ISTPs are willing to sacrifice the future for what they think is right without giving it great thought if it seems like it is in their power to take that option and ruffle some feathers.

Some ESTPs are willing to get you to buy their stuff, do their work and then after using your help be thankful for your spinelessness and inability to realize or stand up against being used and pushed around. And by thankful I mean lose all respect.

Thats the bad sides though. I have ISTP friends and work along ESTPs I have no problems with. So... we wary but experience the real thing, or the picture will be incomplete. There are some great ESTPs and ISTPs out there.

So dangerous due to their unpredictability, did I understand that correctly? Moreover, from your depiction of them, they sound like Hedonists. Keirsey actually goes on to label all Artisans as inherently Hedonistic beings, and based on the few male ESTP that I know, I would say that that's somewhat true. These individuals are very social, concrete minded, rational, yet completely unreliable, and they will do whatever to maximize their own pleasurable ends before focusing their efforts on others. All the same, that's anecdotal at best.

---------- Post added 10-20-2011 at 05:52 PM ----------

Originally Posted by True Rune
Stereotypical "bad girls".. I've actually managed to attract a couple in my lifetime. I find it really hard to relate to them despite getting along. Immature ones... are not good friends.

...like female bullies? I sure hope not. Maybe they were simply dysfunctional variants of the type (or mistyped due to their dysfunctionalism).

---------- Post added 10-21-2011 at 11:24 AM ----------

---------- Post added 10-21-2011 at 11:25 AM ----------

Another question:

"Do ESTP and ISTP women, from your experiences, tend to be less "girly" than other types? Are they somewhat "tomboy-ish"?

Old 10-21-2011, 11:09 PM   #16
Tactical Panda
Core Member [133%]

So dangerous due to their unpredictability, did I understand that correctly? Moreover, from your depiction of them, they sound like Hedonists. Keirsey actually goes on to label all Artisans as inherently Hedonistic beings, and based on the few male ESTP that I know, I would say that that's somewhat true. These individuals are very social, concrete minded, rational, yet completely unreliable, and they will do whatever to maximize their own pleasurable ends before focusing their efforts on others. All the same, that's anecdotal at best.

The ones I am close to don't seem like hedonists at all. And they seem reliable enough.

I was referring to the finer points about the management of the human condition and the outlook on the treatment of others.

ESTPs and ISTPs can function well enough as most anyone else. They usually are quite skilled. Its just their relationships that you need to keep alert about. If you want peacefulness and no attacks or battle of wills or destructiveness, just be a bit more careful around them.

Old 10-22-2011, 07:23 PM   #17
Bisclavret
Core Member [140%]

The ones I am close to don't seem like hedonists at all. And they seem reliable enough.

I was referring to the finer points about the management of the human condition and the outlook on the treatment of others.

ESTPs and ISTPs can function well enough as most anyone else. They usually are quite skilled. Its just their relationships that you need to keep alert about. If you want peacefulness and no attacks or battle of wills or destructiveness, just be a bit more careful around them.

So essentially you are trying to tell me that they're argumentative? This would be, due in part to the synergy between the T and the E, no? How then would they compare to the other ExTx?

Old 12-17-2012, 03:43 PM   #18
lizzz
Banned

MBTI: ESTP

Id say were like esfps just less emotional and sensitive, more domineering and thickskinned.

Im definitely a girls girl. Always been the queen bee. If things get too emotional I tell everyone to shut up and we all move on. Its not because were these tough wall of bricks its just because we dont care and would rather be having fun and doing things then talking about nonsense that doesnt matter.

Bottom line is the stereotypes saying that estp girls are basically guys in a female body are just way off.

id say most most of my friends are ESP and were the coolest funniest most chilled people.youll ever meet.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:10 PM   #19
Bonafide
Member [02%]

Here's a video with an ESTP woman.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:23 PM   #20
TheGreatSwagsby
Member [06%]
MBTI: XNTJ

One of my best friends at the moment is an ESTP. We work like ying and yang. We both have a lot of energy, are really good at getting a crowd going, getting people into action, and often our Ti and Fe's connect in a magical way, and we just start laughing our asses off. Usually it's because someone said something really stupid and in a stupid way, and we end up being the only two in the room laughing.

Deep down though, the ESTP wants to be smart, to know history, math, philosophy; but they can't do it. They're pretty stupid when it comes to education, have almost no natural ability. They compensate in their constant work towards tangible goals like student government positions, and playing the stock market. I like my ESTP friend, but he has very weak morals, and feels no real loyalty to anyone, he and I have a relationship because we get along really well, and I can give him perspective where his Se finds none, and new plans and strategies where his Se lacks creativity. Together we accomplish a lot.

But like you all say, most ESTP's don't really have a moral compass, or intellectual guide that directs them. My friend wants to be a democratic politician, but i've seen him throw something at a homeless person, make racist jokes constantly, he does a great retard impression, and thinks the poor are lazy pieces of shit. Sometimes I think he just chose Democrat because his dad is one.

Now can an ---J explain to me why ESTJ's aren't complete soulless assholes? Cause my opinion of them seems to be the same one you all have of ESTP's.

Addendum: Taylor Swift is an ESTP woman, if that gives you any perspective.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:25 PM   #21
Bonafide
Member [02%]

Originally Posted by TheGreatSwagsby

Addendum: Taylor Swift is an ESTP woman, if that gives you any perspective.

LOl, no she is not. Not even close.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:08 PM   #22
TheGreatSwagsby
Member [06%]
MBTI: XNTJ

Originally Posted by Bonafide
LOl, no she is not. Not even close.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:48 AM   #23
Freeburgh
Veteran Member [83%]

Painful.

Freeburgh is online
Old 12-18-2012, 02:41 PM   #24
lizzz
Banned

MBTI: ESTP

This "woman" is a wierdo. Nothing estp about her. The most akward conversation known to mankimd

Old 12-18-2012, 03:18 PM   #25
MrFlaneur
Veteran Member [63%]
Mein Führer! I can walk!
MBTI: INTj

Dykes in the main. But then the estp ladee chastised me and got the men folk on me, then i got sacked.