What is the Personality Types of the Twilight Characters? None
Old 05-05-2011, 01:56 PM   #1
Twilight
Member [03%]
MBTI: INTJ

My posts relates the all the books so if you haven't read Breaking Dawn stop reading now!

I'm thinking Bella is an INTJ. Why else would she have such a good shield?
Jasper is definitely an INFJ because he is so good at reading emothions.
Alice I'm thinking is an ENFP due to her sight seeing and party planning
Jacob is probably an ESFJ since he is always trying to keep the peace
Edward - Maybe an INTP??
Carlise and Esme are probably ENFJ's
I haven't really thought about Rosalie and Emmet.

Any other ideas?

Old 05-05-2011, 11:10 PM   #2
Rudy
Administrator
A human, touch.
MBTI: INfJ

Originally Posted by Twilight
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Why else would she have such a good shield?

As a convenient plot device?

Old 05-06-2011, 12:44 AM   #3
sentientbeing
Member [12%]
MBTI: INFJ

Edward - INFJ (obsession with thought purity, Fe moral judgement)
Bella - INFP (ambivalent feelings, intense introspection)
Jacob - (E/I)SFJ (mechanical skills, commitment/loyalty)
Old 05-06-2011, 04:58 PM   #4
Indubitably
Member [35%]

MBTI: INTP

I'm not so sure the characters in Twilight have a personality. Whats more is that it almost seems as if they were deliberately constructed to avoid personality. I'm guessing that the author wanted the characters to be a sort of blank slate into which the reader could insert their own fantasy (especially in the case of Bella). You do see a rather thin layer of character applied to the main love interests, but there really doesn't seem to be much dimension beyond their social standing and an associated theme. Its like the characters come in different "flavors", but don't really stand on their own as discrete personal entities. Edward for instance is "dark and mysterious loner" flavored, but there is nothing really going on beyond that, his "personality" is basically just a kind of pretty packaging in which to deliver romantic plot progression.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:44 PM   #5
Snowdragon
Member [26%]
MBTI: ENTP

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I'm thinking Bella is an INTJ. Why else would she have such a good shield??

ISFP/J is more like it; her "good shield" would be her knight (Edward) in sparkly armor.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:24 AM   #6
JulietCapulet
Veteran Member [96%]

MBTI: XNFX

My posts relates the all the books so if you haven't read Breaking Dawn stop reading now!

Edward - Maybe an INTP??

Any other ideas?

I think Bella is an INFJ because she's so emotional about Edward and Jacob.

Jasper ISTP

Alice ENFJ or ESFP

Jacob ESTP or ESFP or even ENFJ I just can't tell

Edward INTP or INFJ I can't tell

Carlisle INFJ

Esme INFJ

Rosalie ESTJ or ISTJ

Emmet ESTP

Old 05-08-2011, 05:20 AM   #7
Tactical Panda
Core Member [133%]

I am no expert on Twilight, but here goes:

Bella - ISFP, likes to think she is hard to understand. Also, TEENAGE FEMALE PROTAGONIST in a teenage fiction series on vampires. ISFP.

Jasper - INFJ, angry INFJ with deep seated convictions about the true nature of people. Lacks the social abilities of an S. Moody, can't adjust to the lifestyle, loner out of loners who is still super-empathetic.

Alice - ENFP. Anything is possible - the future keeps changing! Lets pour emotion into things to get reactions out of people. Also, I see everything as it unfolds because I am so Ne.

Jacob - ISTP. I fix things and fight and get annoyed with the system.

Edward - ESFJ. Loves his dad, driven by emotions, doesn't come up with an N insights outside of his plot device fairy mind-reading powers. And by plot, I mean I am being silly.

Carlisle - I am Atticus Finch. Also, ISFJ. Character, convictions, empathy, keeps things simple, family centered, a traditional, normal god-fearing vampire. Heh.

Esme - INFP. Love, concern, no force, not cold, doesn't do as much as an S would.

Rosalie - ESTP. I get what I want and turn heads. Fast cars, right?

Emmet - ESFP. Good natured and straight forward, cracks jokes and doesn't let things bog him down. Not cold and calculating, not overly logical or rational, and loves people.

All evil characters - INTJ. Just because.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:51 AM   #8
Shadow Duchess
New Member [01%]

Originally Posted by Indubitably
I'm not so sure the characters in Twilight have a personality. What's more is that it almost seems as if they were deliberately constructed to avoid personality. I'm guessing that the author wanted the characters to be a sort of blank slate into which the reader could insert their own fantasy (especially in the case of Bella). You do see a rather thin layer of character applied to the main love interests, but there really doesn't seem to be much dimension beyond their social standing and an associated theme. Its like the characters come in different "flavors", but don't really stand on their own as discrete personal entities. Edward for instance is "dark and mysterious loner" flavored, but there is nothing really going on beyond that, his "personality" is basically just a kind of pretty packaging in which to deliver romantic plot progression.

I agree. The Twilight characters do not particularly seem have have traits we realistically see in life. As for Bella being INTJ, as suggested by quite a few people, I beg to differ. She seems like an introvert, but there is no evidence to suggest whether she is 'iNtuitive' or 'Sensing'. As for the 'thinking', I personally think she 'feels'... she does not follow by logic, or rather, she allows her overly intense feelings of romance for Edward cloud her judgement. In New Moon, Meyer specifically told us Bella couldn't even bear to utter Edward's name after Edward left her (and we should take into consideration that she had only met him for a few months before deciding he was her soulmate) - and that is when we ask ourselves whether she truly goes by radical mind. For the last letter, we have no idea what to place there.

Being an INTJ myself, I feel mildly insulted Meyer's little precious girl would even perhaps share the same personality. Where Bella Swan is overwhelmed by her feelings of romance, I prefer to think that we pursue our careers with intelligence, and tread the grounds of teenage love with a clear mind ( or as clear as we can keep it).

Old 01-08-2013, 02:54 AM   #9
catzama
Core Member [198%]

They're all FEELERS

FEEEEEEELSSSS
Old 01-08-2013, 08:58 AM   #10
The Great Malefic
Member [09%]

Edward - Maybe an INTP??

Any other ideas?

one thing is sure: THEY ARE ALL SENSORS!!!
TWILIGHT = SENSOR HQ

In their world, Ni seems not to exist...at least according to their ridiculous self-made emo teenie problems which result only out of their inability to get things and to find simple and appropriate solutions! All the drama...completely unneccesary!
That's the reason why these series annoys the crap out of me!

Old 01-08-2013, 09:26 AM   #11
catzama
Core Member [198%]

Originally Posted by The Great Malefic
one thing is sure: THEY ARE ALL SENSORS!!!
TWILIGHT = SENSOR HQ

In their world, Ni seems not to exist...at least according to their ridiculous self-made emo teenie problems which result only out of their inability to get things and to find simple and appropriate solutions! All the drama...completely unneccesary!
That's the reason why these series annoys the crap out of me!

Did a sensor break your widdle heart?

Old 01-08-2013, 09:37 AM   #12
TheGreatSwagsby
Member [05%]
MBTI: XNTJ

I've never read the books, but actors usually change a written characters personality a lot.

Kirsten Stewart is an ISTP, and Robert Pattinson is an INFP, according to
. This website tends to be right, and a little reflection on those two people in interviews will make those typings seem quite obvious.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:39 AM   #13
catzama
Core Member [198%]

Aw damn maybe that's why people compare me to her.

I don't like her much as an actress...
Old 01-08-2013, 09:55 AM   #14
TheGreatSwagsby
Member [05%]
MBTI: XNTJ

Originally Posted by catzama
Aw damn maybe that's why people compare me to her.

I don't like her much as an actress...

Yeah i've had people compare me to BJ Nocak (Ryan from The Office among other things) and I didn't enjoy the comparison. I find most people are extra sensitive to praise or criticism of their same type, because so many of their flaws and strengths are ones you identify with.

I suppose an INTJ could weigh in on how they feel when Daniel Tosh received so much criticism for being an insensitive jackass for making rape jokes.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:12 AM   #15
The Great Malefic
Member [09%]

Originally Posted by catzama
Did a sensor break your widdle heart?

No but growing up in a pure sensor environment was HELL for me.