Careers for people who are highly narcissistic and anti-social? None
Old 01-13-2011, 12:26 AM   #1
morethanafeelin
Banned

MBTI: xNTJ

Anyone who fits the above criteria and found a career besides crime that you can actually cope with?

---------- Post added 01-12-2011 at 09:27 PM ----------

And if you don't know the true meaning of "anti-social" than don't comment unitl you look it up on wikipedia and do know. For the best results look up "Anti-social personality disorder"

Old 01-13-2011, 12:48 AM   #2
Still Standing
Core Member [138%]
MBTI: Isfp

People who are antisocial have poor behavioral controls (they're irritable, impatient, aggressive, often violent, verbally abusive, etc.) and have a tendency to violate the boundaries and rights of others. They also cannot tolerate boredom, often display irresponsible work behavior and a disregard for safety.

No, I don't fit these criteria, but honestly, if I did, I'm not even sure I'd be looking for a job. You'd have to find something where you can deal with people who would accept to receive some form of abuse from you. I can only think of pimping, but that's criminal.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:57 AM   #3
Mogura
Core Member [182%]
I am not the droid you're looking for...
MBTI: INFJ

Drill sergeant...
Old 01-13-2011, 01:18 AM   #4
Causa Mortis
Core Member [159%]
Macro...MACRO!
MBTI: INTJ

Originally Posted by Still Standing
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
People who are antisocial have poor behavioral controls (they're irritable, impatient, aggressive, often violent, verbally abusive, etc.) and have a tendency to violate the boundaries and rights of others. They also cannot tolerate boredom, often display irresponsible work behavior and a disregard for safety.

No, I don't fit these criteria, but honestly, if I did, I'm not even sure I'd be looking for a job. You'd have to find something where you can deal with people who would accept to receive some form of abuse from you. I can only think of pimping, but that's criminal.

Property and liability insurance claims departments are filled with antisocial types. Its low status work, but its a comfortable living.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:20 AM   #5
Blse
Core Member [125%]
MBTI: ENTJ

Therapy.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:47 AM   #6
larrysb
Member [17%]

IT helpline, definitely.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:25 AM   #7
True Rune
Core Member [212%]
Dying is as pointless as living.
MBTI: INTx

Bureaucracy or death.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:54 AM   #8
Bluesea
Veteran Member [57%]

Rock n' roll star or promoter

Anything that gives with the power a license or freedom to be abusive and self absorbed at the same time with no remorse for either ...
Old 01-13-2011, 07:36 AM   #9
Dung
Core Member [113%]

advertising executive
Old 01-13-2011, 08:19 AM   #10
N0c7urn3
Member [17%]

Self-help guru ... seriously. Those with ASPD can usually be very charming and influential on the surface. And they can lie to manipulate rather easily (no conscience and whatnot) And the fame feeds the narcissists' ego. Talking about yourself as a means to riches while getting fame for it is a narcissists' wet dream.

A cult leader works too.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:39 PM   #11
Autumnleaf
Core Member [294%]

Corporate raider.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:11 PM   #12
supra938
Member [02%]

Instead of looking for a career that will fit your traits, why don't you try modifying your behavior? Since you consciously realize that you have those disorders, it shouldn't be too difficult to alter the way you interact with people...
Old 01-13-2011, 05:14 PM   #13
Autumnleaf
Core Member [294%]

Originally Posted by supra938
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Instead of looking for a career that will fit your traits, why don't you try modifying your behavior? Since you consciously realize that you have those disorders, it shouldn't be too difficult to alter the way you interact with people...

Why try to change yourself if you can be rewarded for being just the way you are? Self acceptance is a good trait to have. Many people are not comfortable being honest with themselves about the way they are and it tends to tie them up inside as a form of emotional constipation.

Old 01-14-2011, 03:44 AM   #14
Doggzilla
Veteran Member [91%]

Originally Posted by Autumnleaf
Many people are not comfortable being honest with themselves about the way they are and it tends to tie them up inside as a form of emotional constipation.

I definitely get this feeling like people cannot admit they have made wrong decisions in life, because they simply cannot handle the realization that everything they have ever done is either wrong or terrible. I absolutely believe many people could not live with themselves if they admitted how awful they are, and they wonder why the suffer from all sorts of problems and mental ailments. Could many people live with themselves knowing that they provide no real product to society, but actually live off the work of others? How many people work jobs which are essentially pointless, and just waste resources between those who provide the intelligence to make a product, and those who actually do? How many people work jobs which rape the environment to make products nobody needs?

The mind does not ignore the truth, and it will eventually cause physical problems after decades of ignoring the key issues. I feel strongly that this is why we have such lower rates of heart problems than most other types. We are brutally honest with ourselves, and although we seem to be unhappy with our knowledge of how the world is, in the end this pushes us to do what we believe in. In the end, by looking at things as they are, we provide ourselves with better lives.

Old 01-14-2011, 05:31 AM   #15
Haumea
Core Member [109%]

In other words, you should consider running for Congress -- preferably from as godforsaken a district as possible.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:33 AM   #16
Alderamin
Member [10%]

Graduate student.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:55 PM   #17
ginandsour
Member [02%]

Originally Posted by Still Standing

That description sound like a collection agent or repo person. Perhaps that would be best.

Old 01-15-2011, 02:14 PM   #18
Blse
Core Member [125%]
MBTI: ENTJ

Tabacco Company Executive; Cocaine Lord; Meth Dealer... all the same, first one is legal though lol.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:54 PM   #19
EL Gato
Member [15%]

If you have a headache, would you take aspirin or go to work at a rock concert?
Here is an idea, why not have the courage to face your demons and seek treatment?
Old 01-16-2011, 03:12 PM   #20
jonnyb
Core Member [546%]
Bring me Beer!  Leave it there, on the ground.  Now walk away, slowly.

Police ociffer, better yet prison gaurd. Also, any job working the grave shift would fit you well. Usually you'd be the only one in your area of expertise and therefore ruler of your domain until the day shift people show up.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:25 PM   #21
retrofresh
New Member [01%]

Starving artist.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:39 PM   #22
Dover
Member [12%]
Isn't it just wonderful...
MBTI: INFJ

First thing that came to mind was engineer. LMAO Working in a building of them is a nightmare. But, I think you can possess those traits in any sector as long as you’re high enough up the ladder.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:47 PM   #23
jkatra
Core Member [921%]
"Thanks to great leaders such as... Genghis Khan, Joan of Arc and Socratic Method, the world is full of history." - Ted

Attorney.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:19 PM   #24
Megalomania
Core Member [133%]
I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled? 
-Luke 12:49

Originally Posted by jkatra
Attorney.

The legal job market is beyond terrible from what I have read.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:25 PM   #25
tandoori85
Member [04%]

Manufacturing of green tea flavoured water.

---------- Post added 01-16-2011 at 11:27 PM ----------

First thing that came to mind was engineer. LMAO Working in a building of them is a nightmare. But, I think you can possess those traits in any sector as long as you’re high enough up the ladder.

Amen, if your the boss, you can be an asshole all you want. The perk of being a boss.