Thematic Apperception Test (TAT) None
Old 10-29-2010, 07:15 AM   #1
GouldFan
Veteran Member [99%]
I'm an oscillator. I oscillate and that's what I do.
MBTI: INTJ

Here's an abbreviated version of thematic Apperception Test (TAT) that you can take online. For the real one, you'd sit down with a psychologist and be shown 31 ambiguous pictures and tell stories about each of them, but this test has only one picture. Pretty simple but quite interesting.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[HIDE="My result"]
LIWC dimension Your data Male average Female average
Need for Achievement 9.25 5.8 5.6
Need for Affiliation 1.03 1.1 1.3
Need for power 1.03 1.7 1.8
Self-references (I, me, my) 0.00 0.5 0.8
Social words 13.95 11.4 12.0
Positive emotions 3.52 1.8 2.1
Negative emotions 0.73 1.5 1.6
Big words (> 6 letters) 23.20 18.7 17.7

Need for Achievement. The typical person generally scores between 4.5 and 8.5, with an average of 5.7. The higher your number, the more you wrote about achievement-related themes.

Need for Affiliation. Because this picture typically elicits themes associated with achievement, most people don't pay too much attention to human relationships in their story. In fact, the typical person scores around 1.2 on this dimension. Indeed, 30% of participants score 0.00.

Need for Power. Most people score between 0.8 and 2.7, with the average being 1.7. High scores on the need for power dimension hint that the writer is concerned with who is or is not in control and who has the most status.[/HIDE]

Old 08-10-2011, 11:49 PM   #2
Kisai
Core Member [439%]
Mad, bad, and dangerous to know.
MBTI: XXXX

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Hello," Dr. Rogers, said Dr. Mathers, "What are you doing today?"

"I am mixing the semen of your father with the ovum of an alligator so we can develop an army of monsters like yourself to take over the world."

"Oh, how droll. I see you're not pippetting with your mouth anymore. Did you marry your lab equipment?"

"Ha, ha.", said Dr. Rogers, "At least I have a husband, and not a polygamous family of butch lesbians who are into fisting without washing their hands after working on their motorcycles."

"I say", said Dr. Mathers, "You have quite the gall coming here to work with that attitude. Do I come to your house and knock your mothers cock out of your ass?"

"You should be one to talk," said Dr. Rogers, "The alligator that was your mother was a serial rapist and a Republican".

"Wow," said Dr. Mathers, "I can't believe that you're one to talk. I have it on good authority that your mother is the product of Satan's tryst with a bowlegged nun with bad teeth and you are fated to destroy the world with your brimstone queefs. I suggest you douche that wretched gash of a cunt of yours with some of the hydrochloric acid on the shelf."

[HIDE="Resuts"]LIWC dimension

Your data

Male average

Female average

Need for Achievement

Need for Affiliation

Need for power

Self-references (I, me, my)

Social words

Positive emotions

Negative emotions

Big words (> 6 letters)

Overall, you wrote 211 words in the 10 minutes.

Need for Achievement. The typical person generally scores between 4.5 and 8.5, with an average of 5.7. The higher your number, the more you wrote about achievement-related themes.

Need for Affiliation. Because this picture typically elicits themes associated with achievement, most people don't pay too much attention to human relationships in their story. In fact, the typical person scores around 1.2 on this dimension. Indeed, 30% of participants score 0.00.

Need for Power. Most people score between 0.8 and 2.7, with the average being 1.7. High scores on the need for power dimension hint that the writer is concerned with who is or is not in control andwho has the most status.

One thing that is interesting about this kind of exercise is that language analyses can tell us many things about the writer that go far beyond power, achievement, and affiliation. Look at the table below. In it, you can determine some features of your own writing and can get a sense of your writing style compared with others:

Self-references: People who use a high rate of self-references tend to be more insecure, nervous, and possibly depressed. They also tend to be more honest.

Social words: Social words are words that make reference to other people (e.g., they, she, us, talk, friends). Generally, people who use a high level of social words are more outgoing and more socially connected with others.

Positive emotion words: The more that people use positive emotion words (e.g. happy, love, good), the more optimistic they tend to be. If you feel good about yourself, you are more likely to see the world in a positive way.

Negative emotion words: Use of negative emotion words (e.g., sad, kill, afraid) is weakly linked to people's ratings of anxiety or even neurotic. People who have had a bad day are more likely to see the world through negatively-tinted glasses.

Big words (words with more than 6 letters): Use of big words is weakly related to higher grades and standardized test scores. People who use a high rate of big words also tend to be less emotional and oftentimes psychologically distant or detached.

The Big Picture: The above interpretations should be considered with a grain of salt for your own writing. Your approach to the assignment may have been influenced by people bothering you, concerns about other things in your life, lack of sleep, etc. In addition, it is important to remember that the TAT is generally administered in a highly controlled situation and is always graded by a real-live human being. You will recall from the book that the TAT was devised to tap people's needs for achievement, power, and affiliation. Look at your own writings and see if you can pick up if you were in high in these motives. For example, if you said that one person was thinking about her future career, a TAT expert would probably say that you were higher in a need for achievement than if you said that the person was thinking about her lover (which would hint that you were higher in need for affiliation).[/HIDE]

Old 08-11-2011, 06:04 PM   #3
judymrad
Member [02%]

I am not sure I find that much value in this test compared to others. It has a weak correlation back to the parameters of the other common tests. Best this tells me is that I see a picture and my story is more focused on the relationship of the two people, and more positive and less negative than average, and I am below average in everything else -- but what does that mean????

Need for Achievement 4.82 5.8 5.6
Need for Affiliation 1.54 1.1 1.3
Need for power 1.10 1.7 1.8
Self-references 0.00 0.5 0.8
Social words 9.43 11.4 12.0
Positive emotions 3.07 1.8 2.1
Negative emotions 1.32 1.5 1.6
Big words (> 6 letters) 14.91 18.7 17.7
Old 08-12-2011, 01:22 PM   #4
Freudians Lip
New Member [01%]
"I like to think of myself as an INT with a silent J."

Need for Achievement 3.43 5.8 5.6
Need for Affiliation 0.86 1.1 1.3
Need for power 2.15 1.7 1.8
Self-references 1.29 0.5 0.8
Social words 6.44 11.4 12.0
Positive emotions 0.43 1.8 2.1
Negative emotions 0.43 1.5 1.6
Big words (> 6 letters) 27.90 18.7 17.7

She thinks the test is labeling and sufficiently operating the vial. the tedious vial. Her mannerisms are indicative of self-effacement and almost extreme paranoia. I watched as her eyes shifted from the table to me, table to me. She knows. Indeed. Dr. Catamaran created this test as a meta-test. The subject is supposed to come to the realization that the real dilemma is not standardizing the vial. This is when the real analysis begins. Meta-analysis as Dr. C writes in his compendium on human behavior. "The human creature, unlike say even the most evolved primate, is conscious not only of their own consciousness, but that of others as well. This creates a continuum of plausible, possible, and implausible responses upon which the human subject must act- even if that act is non-action. This is where the meta-analysis equipment is most beneficial. Every analysis room is precisely the same and even the test administrators have almost identical mannerisms and physical appearance. Under each table is a neurotransmitter which perceives the particular brain activity unique to each human test subject. Each time, for example, that the subject begins to meta-analyze our neurotransmitter is able to perceive the precise moment. More intelligent subjects start meta-perceiving or meta-analyzing sooner than others. This is how we determine which subject is to be chosen for the position of research assistant/coordinator."
Old 08-12-2011, 06:10 PM   #5
IronSulfide
Core Member [102%]

Need for Achievement 4.73 5.8 5.6
Need for Affiliation 0.32 1.1 1.3
Need for power 0.00 1.7 1.8
Self-references (I, me, my) 0.63 0.5 0.8
Social words 7.89 11.4 12.0
Positive emotions 3.47 1.8 2.1
Negative emotions 2.52 1.5 1.6
Big words (> 6 letters) 24.92 18.7 17.7

An experiment was taking place in the laboratory. Effie and Alexandria were observing the results. This would resolve a long standing dispute they had been having over how the bacterial culture would respond to certain chemical agents introduced to the environment. Effie was confident that her hypothesis was correct, and was looking forward to observing the outcome that she expected. Alexandra, on the other hand, thought that Effie was wrong, and, moreover, rather overconfident. She had noticed that her coworker was rather arrogant, and did not much like her. Alexandra hoped that the experiment would fail, simply to put Effie in her place. As Effie looked closer, a confident smile came to her lips - things were going according to plan. She reminded herself of what success would bring. She looked forward to the recognition, to the awards and gala receptions, and finally to the satisfaction of knowing that she was right, and had been right all along. Alexandra, observing her reaction, and the results of the experiment tried, unsuccessfully, to suppress a scowl. It was just like Effie, Alexandra thought, to rub success in everyone's face. But that was all right - one day Effie would fail terribly, and Alexandra would be there to see it, and she would pretend to be supportive, but deep down inside she would laugh at this ridiculous woman who she hated so very much. In fact, how pleasing it would be if Effie dropped the toxic mixture, causing the noxious chemical vapours to cloud up and spread throughout the room? Wouldn't it just be grand? As Effie basked in satisfaction and Alexandra stewed in defeat, the bell rang, and they were reminded that it was lunch hour. "Would you like to join me in the cafeteria for a sandwich?" Effie asked. "Certainly," Alexandra responded crisply, "just let me get by purse". The two ladies collected themselves and left the experiment to idle.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:08 PM   #6
daneyel
New Member [01%]

We had a quiz in an OM class I took once that was only 10 questions but gave your levels of nach, naff, and npwr (personal/social) but I haven't been able to find it anywhere online ;(
Old 03-24-2012, 08:18 PM   #7
Ambra
Core Member [149%]
Impressively dumb ass.
MBTI: xxxx

Need for Achievement 10.60 5.8 5.6
Need for Affiliation 0.66 1.1 1.3
Need for power 0.99 1.7 1.8
Self-references 0.33 0.5 0.8
Social words 13.91 11.4 12.0
Positive emotions 2.98 1.8 2.1
Negative emotions 0.66 1.5 1.6
Big words (> 6 letters) 22.85 18.7 17.7

There was a young man and woman who had met while attending to their studies after leaving high school. The man and woman both stood out as exceptionally intelligent and soon became an inseparable pair as they shared interest in the same research. After college the couple decided to study a specific cure for a deadly virus or cancer and put in long hours at the lab refining their conclusions. One particularly long day the man was working on something and stepped away to take a break, and ask the girl if she wanted to go out for some lunch. "Sure, let me just finish this up," she responded and went back to her work. Then suddenly she hit a breakthrough in their research! Overwhelmed with what the discovery could possibly mean, the man and woman go out to lunch and discuss the next steps of their project. When they returned they began testing their discovery and worked hard to recreate what they felt could be an instrumental breakthrough in the field they were researching. The man and woman worked day and night, and finally were able to publish their research in a world renowned science journal. What they were unaware of, it that the research they provided proved to be more important than they could ever imagine. Completely redefining the field of medicine the entire world looked forward to seeing how the results of the scientist's efforts could benefit each individual ailment. The couple were pleased by the work they had done, and remained in constant contact with the studies and development that followed. They were honored with the Nobel Peace Prize as their discoveries saved millions of people, and stopped the suffering of many more. They died at an old age feeling a sense of accomplishment and camaraderie. The end.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:22 PM   #8
fleets
Member [03%]

Need for Achievement 3.45 5.8 5.6
Need for Affiliation 0.49 1.1 1.3
Need for power 0.99 1.7 1.8
Self-references (I, me, my) 1.48 0.5 0.8
Social words 14.29 11.4 12.0
Positive emotions 2.46 1.8 2.1
Negative emotions 2.46 1.5 1.6
Big words (> 6 letters) 19.21 18.7 17.7

There was an enmity between the two women, while Judith recognized her own hostility;
she had taken pains to appear agreeable. This morning, however, she had experienced
trouble with the grant submission. She was not at her best. The nervous tension that
struck her all too frequently, had now escalated, however, that morning on rising she had
decided to approach Dr. Anne, and the decision held. She wasn't sure about the result,
particularly when she was in this state, and unpredictability disturbed her.
When she entered the room Dr. Anne was preoccupied with the testing of fluorides, a
redundant test she had performed many times before; another example of her pointlessly
extending her day; wasting the team’s time. Judith felt frustration; she had to resist the
urge to call the other doctor out. Once again the bin was overflowing and the results of
the previous nights test lay haphazardly around the bench. Anne created chaos; she
collected dust.
"Good morning, Anne" she said.
Anne merely nodded without comment, but her eyes took on a steelier look.
Judith checked her own irritation, determined that today was the day her requirements would be met.
"I notice you were at the meeting last night," she said.
Dr. Anne was cool.
"I supposed that I was invited," was all she said.
"Peter had not included you in the list," was Judith's equally distant response.
"More fool him, the bugger. "
Old 03-24-2012, 09:33 PM   #9
Ambra
Core Member [149%]
Impressively dumb ass.

Am I the only one who thought the other girl was a man?

Cool stories by the way, I am enjoying reading them.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:10 PM   #10
idem
Member [17%]
God be wi' you. Let's meet as little as we can.

Need for Achievement 2.52 5.8 5.6
Need for Affiliation 0.46 1.1 1.3
Need for power 2.52 1.7 1.8
Self-references (I, me, my) 1.15 0.5 0.8
Social words 10.32 11.4 12.0
Positive emotions 2.06 1.8 2.1
Negative emotions 2.06 1.5 1.6
Big words (> 6 letters) 15.60 18.7 17.7

Ms. Havantia was so involved in her experiment she didn't even notice when her boss came up beside her. "What's up?" Dr. Marsen said.

"Science is hard work than I expected," Ms. Havantia sighed. "Coming out of college, I didn't realize there would be so much ... sitting around. And dripping little bits of things from one beaker to another. And waiting for things to happen."

"Welcome to the world of experimentation," the other woman said. "You can take your lunch break now if you want, I'll finish up the experiment."

"You sure?"

"Totally sure. Don't worry about it. You deserve a rest."

Placing the beakers gently back in their holder, Ms. Havantia gathered her things - laptop bag, wallet, phone - from the floor behind her, where she had thrown them hastily when she'd arrived in the morning. She checked to make sure she had enough money for lunch, thanked Dr. Marsen for her kindness, and left the room.

As soon as she was gone, Dr. Marsen ran to the other side of the lab, took out a key from her pocket, and opened a locked metal cabinet. The cabinet was empty inside with the exception of a small glass vial in the back right corner. The woman picked up the vial with extreme care and pulled off the cork stopper, which came out with a pop. She waved it under her nose once or twice, smiling slightly at the smell.

Closing the vial, she ran back to the lab table that Ms. Havantia had recently vacated. She looked down at the test tubes in the rack; they were full of alternating green and blue liquid. The doctor put the vial down on the table and unstoppered it again, reaching for one of the green test tubes.

As she was reaching, however, her lab coat-covered elbow knocked the glass bottle off the table. She fumbled for it desperately but couldn't get a hold of it, and it shattered on the floor with a loud crash.

Dr. Marsen gave a sob and dropped to her knees, ripping off her lab coat to dab frantically at the spreading stain on the floor. Ms. Havantia came rushing in, one sleeve of her coat on, crying, "What happened? What was that noise?"

Dr. Marsen paled. "It was nothing, I just ... dropped a chemical I was working with." Her voice - and her hands, which were still holding the lab coat - was shaking.

Ms. Havantia looked down at the chaos, the shards of glass and her terrified boss, and, with horror written across her face, realized what destruction the older woman had unleashed.

Old 03-25-2012, 08:53 PM   #11
FruitLoop
Member [12%]

MBTI: iNTj

Originally Posted by Thatgirl

LOL yeah same!

Old 03-25-2012, 09:52 PM   #12
Ambra
Core Member [149%]
Impressively dumb ass.

Originally Posted by FruitLoop
LOL yeah same!

Finally, I was beginning to think that meant something disturbing since I was the only one who saw it.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:07 PM   #13
stasis
Administrator
morbid cliché.
MBTI: INTP

Need for Achievement 16.67 5.8 5.6
Need for Affiliation 0.00 1.1 1.3
Need for power 0.00 1.7 1.8
Social words 16.67 11.4 12.0
Positive emotions 0.00 1.8 2.1
Negative emotions 16.67 1.5 1.6
Big words (> 6 letters) 16.67 18.7 17.7

Overall, you wrote 6 words in the 10 minutes.

Need for Power. Most people score between 0.8 and 2.7, with the average being 1.7. High scores on the need for power dimension hint that the writer is concerned with who is or is not in control andwho has the most status.

Self-references: People who use a high rate of self-references tend to be more insecure, nervous, and possibly depressed. They also tend to be more honest.

Social words: Social words are words that make reference to other people (e.g., they, she, us, talk, friends). Generally, people who use a high level of social words are more outgoing and more socially connected with others.

Positive emotion words: The more that people use positive emotion words (e.g. happy, love, good), the more optimistic they tend to be. If you feel good about yourself, you are more likely to see the world in a positive way.

Negative emotion words: Use of negative emotion words (e.g., sad, kill, afraid) is weakly linked to people's ratings of anxiety or even neurotic. People who have had a bad day are more likely to see the world through negatively-tinted glasses.

Big words (words with more than 6 letters): Use of big words is weakly related to higher grades and standardized test scores. People who use a high rate of big words also tend to be less emotional and oftentimes psychologically distant or detached.

The Big Picture: The above interpretations should be considered with a grain of salt for your own writing. Your approach to the assignment may have been influenced by people bothering you, concerns about other things in your life, lack of sleep, etc. In addition, it is important to remember that the TAT is generally administered in a highly controlled situation and is always graded by a real-live human being. You will recall from the book that the TAT was devised to tap people's needs for achievement, power, and affiliation. Look at your own writings and see if you can pick up if you were in high in these motives. For example, if you said that one person was thinking about her future career, a TAT expert would probably say that you were higher in a need for achievement than if you said that the person was thinking about her lover (which would hint that you were higher in need for affiliation).

Your TAT description: "It won't work, bitch", she sneered.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:44 PM   #14
yoginimama
Core Member [186%]
"Man, am I ever happy the overt oppression has morphed into subtle, insidious little performative, linguistic modes of oppression." -- zibber
MBTI: INFJ

Need for Achievement 1.43 5.8 5.6
Need for Affiliation 0.79 1.1 1.3
Need for power 6.03 1.7 1.8
Self-references (I, me, my) 3.97 0.5 0.8
Social words 13.49 11.4 12.0
Positive emotions 1.43 1.8 2.1
Negative emotions 2.22 1.5 1.6
Big words (> 6 letters) 16.67 18.7 17.7

I wonder why the "need for power" was so high...maybe because I kept calling everyone "Dr"? I meant it to show that this was a fairly formal and impersonal lab, or that Dr. Lewis's mind worked that way in any event (Dr. Lewis being the one filling the beaker).

[HIDE="my story"]Dr. Lewis was filling some test beakers when Dr. Christensen came in. "Hi," said Dr. Lewis. She didn't feel the need to say anything more. She and Dr. Christensen saw each other every workday, after all.

"Um...Landry died," said Dr. Christensen.

Dr. Lewis almost dropped her titrating instrument. Her hand began to shake, so she clenched the implement tightly and called upon every ounce of focus to make sure she loaded the beaker properly. She supposed she must look like a freshman--over-alert, over-serious.

"Well aren't you going to say anything?" cried Dr. Christensen.

Dr. Lewis got more solution. "Well of course I am," she said. "Just not right now. I'm an introvert; you know that. I need time to..." her hand tremored again and she spilled a little. "I need time to process."

Dr. Christensen got a kitchen towel from the rack near the blackboard and came close. "Let me help." Dr. Lewis saw now how pale she was.

"What...what happened?" she asked, belatedly. Dr. Christensen pressed her lips together. "Heart failure."

"WHAT!?" cried Dr. Lewis. "At her age!?"

"They are of course going to perform an autopsy," said Dr. Christensen. "But the best guess as of right now is heart failure. It was a swift, sudden death."

Dr. Lewis wiped her brow with her lab coat. She felt out of control, which was always scary for her. "I...I don't know what to say," she murmured. "Landry was only 42."

Dr. Christensen threw the kitchen towel into the lab's laundry basket. "All I know is, when I arrived to carpool to work with her, the place was crawling with police and firemen."

"I'm surprised they told you anything," remarked Dr. Lewis.

Dr. Christensen stiffened. "What do you mean by that?"

"I...I don't mean anything," Dr. Lewis said, puzzled and even a little hurt. "I'm just surprised that they released any infor--"

Dr. Christensen's shoulders sagged. "All right," she said. "All right, I'll tell you the truth."

"What--but--you don't have to," stammered Dr. Lewis. Meanwhile her head, as usual, had made the jump to hyperspace. She knew what Dr. Christensen was going to say.

"I was there. I was there because we were sleeping together. When I woke up, she was--she was cold. I screamed. I called 911. I gave her chest compressions and rescue breaths. Nothing worked. She was gone. So fast. So..." Dr. Christensen swayed and her eyes rolled up.

"You need to sit down!" cried Dr. Lewis. She put her arms around Dr. Christensen and settled her on a lab stool.

"She hadn't wanted anyone to know. She felt--I don't know. I tried to tell her that this is the year 2012 and we live in a state where we could MARRY if she wanted to, but...she mentioned something about conservative parents or something...So I tried to hide what really happened, that I was there, but you saw through it in nanoseconds."

"Really, I didn't," Dr. Lewis said.

"Yes you did. There's going to be no way to keep it a secret. She's going to be exposed in death as she never wanted to be in life." Dr. Christensen cried.

Dr. Lewis wanted to say something, but had no idea what. She just shifted Dr. Christensen's head against her chest and cradled her. It was an instinctive, maternal gesture. But Dr. Christensen must know, as little Dana at home did not, that mommy couldn't fix a thing like this. All the same, just because comfort couldn't fix anything didn't mean it was worthless. If nothing else, it was being true to their origins. So Dr. Lewis, this strange hairless chimpanzee, held Dr. Christensen, this other denuded ape, and Dr. Christensen wept in shock and pain.[/HIDE]

Old 03-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #15
LOL WUT
Member [05%]
MBTI: ENTP

Need for Achievement 6.38 5.8 5.6
Need for power 2.48 1.7 1.8
Social words 4.26 11.4 12.0
Positive emotions 2.84 1.8 2.1
Negative emotions 0.00 1.5 1.6
Big words (> 6 letters) 28.01 18.7 17.7

BAM! I guess I'm not that social

---------- Post added 03-26-2012 at 07:12 PM ----------

As for the test itself, I think I may be a little more biased toward this since I've been in several laboratory situations while being supervised.

Your TAT description: The lab assistant was taking the temperature of one of several samples to make sure each was at thermal equilibrium. She was hoping that each of the samples would be the same temperature, indicating that all of the bacteria was consuming the chemical nourishment contained inside the sample; the bacteria releases heat as it consumes the target chemicals. If the experiment succeeded, then there would be proof that the bacteria culture successfully broke down the pollutant chemicals at a standard rate. The doctor supervising the lab assistant was making sure that the procedure was performed correctly; it is the doctors work after all. The lab assistant felt almost grudged against the doctor for her studying eyes, but understood the weight of her participation in the experiment; soon the data would be measured and published in Nature, a scientific journal. The prestige of the organization made the experimental work that much more exciting. It almost didn't matter that the bacteria, if proved to work efficiently, would be at the front lines of removing chemical toxins present in farm soil. The doctor herself had been studying the bacteria meticulously for years, finding what acts most effectively, changing a gene here, growing a new culture, and reproducing the results. And now her finest bacteria product was here, taking up the toxic substances and converting them into something less harmful to the soil. If she succeeded, her name would be on the top of the lists for biochemists and her funding would quadruple at the least, she was sure. The work itself was definitely worthy, removing the toxic build up from fertilizers would allow the soil to last an additional 20 years at least, perhaps indefinitely.

---------- Post added 03-26-2012 at 07:30 PM ----------

Need for Achievement 0.67 5.8 5.6
Need for Affiliation 0.34 1.1 1.3
Need for power 2.68 1.7 1.8
Self-references (I, me, my) 4.03 0.5 0.8
Social words 11.74 11.4 12.0
Positive emotions 0.34 1.8 2.1
Negative emotions 4.03 1.5 1.6
Big words (> 6 letters) 16.44 18.7 17.7

[HIDE="Story 2"]Ms. Sallyworth was finishing her lab thinking, "Jesus jew I need to get out of here."

Dr. Tubleton, a new addition to the team responded, "And go drink yourself into a coma no doubt, no, I wont have any boozers here you right cunt."

Ms. Sallyworth was taken aback by this reproach and said, "If I had a dollar for every penny I picked off the ground today, I would have 2 dollars."

Dr. Tubleton took a grave look upon her face and said, "This is true. Did you take those temperatures yet? I'm feeling woozy."

Ms. Sallyworth said, "Yes, but they're all wrong, I don't think this is going anywhere. When is the report due?"

Dr. Tubleton said, "For your peers, next week but I want your writeup in two hours."

Ms. Sallyworth said, "But this will take me two hours to finish!"

Dr. Tubleton retorted with, "Maybe if you stopped drugging yourself and fucking my husband you could finish on time!"

Ms. Sallyworth thought to herself, "Holy shit balls nigga, how the fuck did she know that shit, can she read my mind?"

Dr. Tubleton then said, "You said that out loud you dumb ass! I can't believe you're doing drugs!"

Now at this point Ms. Sallyworth was simply dumbstruck by her temperature readings, so she shouted "FLIP MODE!" and threw the test tube rack at the esteemed doctor.

Dr. Tubleton did a back flip over the projectile and landed in a crane stance. She shouted, "GET OVER HERE!" and shot a plant thing out of her hand at Ms. Sallyworth, who rolled out of the way in the nick of time.

"That's fucking disgusting, what the fuck is that thing?" she said. "YO MAMA," Dr. Tubleton replied and charged Sallyworth head on.

TO BE CONTINUED.[/HIDE]
Old 03-29-2012, 06:10 AM   #16
Ranie9
Member [04%]
MBTI: INxx

Need for Achievement 5.79 5.8 5.6
Need for Affiliation 4.13 1.1 1.3
Need for power 1.65 1.7 1.8
Social words 13.22 11.4 12.0
Positive emotions 0.83 1.8 2.1
Negative emotions 3.31 1.5 1.6
Big words (> 6 letters) 15.70 18.7 17.7

The people are Mary and John. They are Russian scientists, and they are working on a virus that will painlessly reduce the world's population by one half. They love their job, and are paid well for it. The next thing that will happen is the development of a virus that will kill rats painlessly. After that, they will move on to testing on human subjects. Mary and John are secretly having an affair. Doing their work makes them very aroused. Mary is 32 and married with 1 child, a son. John is 35, divorced, and has no children. They dread the day when their work is complete and they will be separated and sent to other labs to do different projects.

Yeah, I know Mary and John aren't Russian names...
Old 03-29-2012, 11:41 AM   #17
Frays
Member [02%]

Need for Achievement 3.00 5.8 5.6
Need for Affiliation 0.50 1.1 1.3
Need for power 3.00 1.7 1.8
Social words 13.50 11.4 12.0
Positive emotions 3.50 1.8 2.1
Negative emotions 0.00 1.5 1.6
Big words (> 6 letters) 27.00 18.7 17.7

I don't want to post my story up but it was about a PhD student and her research supervisor.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:00 PM   #18
Deena
New Member [01%]
“On ne naît pas femme, on le devient.”

This was interesting
  • Need for Achievement 5.76 5.8 5.6
  • Need for Affiliation 4.71 1.1 1.3
  • Need for power 1.05 1.7 1.8
  • Self-references (I, me, my) 0.00 0.5 0.8
  • Social words 13.09 11.4 12.0
  • Positive emotions 4.71 1.8 2.1
  • Negative emotions 0.00 1.5 1.6
  • Big words (> 6 letters) 16.09 18.7 17.7
After 5 min I was lost....

She is actually lovely women that has no love experience because she studied too much.
When they went to pay a visit to an mental institution last autumn she looked at her college.
Did he had more experience? Is he a good lover?
She thought how it would be like to just stop and make love there on the carpet of the fallen leafs.

---------- Post added 03-31-2012 at 01:05 AM ----------

Originally Posted by Thatgirl

Cool stories by the way, I am enjoying reading them.

omg, that was a girl?

Old 03-30-2012, 11:44 PM   #19
Selene
Veteran Member [94%]
Bourgeois interruptus
MBTI: XXXX

Need for Achievement 2.84 5.8 5.6
Need for power 2.13 1.7 1.8
Social words 5.67 11.4 12.0
Positive emotions 1.42 1.8 2.1
Negative emotions 2.13 1.5 1.6
Big words (> 6 letters) 28.37 18.7 17.7

Overall, you wrote 141 words in the 10 minutes.

[HIDE="TAT Description"]

Dr. Margaret Baker shoved her fists down the pockets of her coat and waited. Nerves twitching, whirring of the electric fan in her makeshift laboratory fail to drown out all erratic thoughts pulsating through her mind. The rocketing synapses between Now and Never, dancing back and forth her conscience, daring her to motion some semblance of a gesture that will stop what is about to happen next. But nothing followed. And she watched as Dr. Jillian Carmichael lift the vial with delicate precision. Drop after drop of tetanus fill the tube, each moment getting closer to the impending doom that will either serve out it's purpose... to bury mankind in the depths of new found madness or propel the scientific community above higher grounds. Then the sizzling and swirling of chemical reaction began, and a hint of grimace in Carmichael emerge.

[/HIDE]

Old 03-31-2012, 07:07 PM   #20
fokalina
Member [34%]
This is how we set our hearts at rest in his presence: If our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything.
1 John 3:19-20 speaks to me today

I'm posting before I read other stories and am too embarrassed to post mine.

[HIDE="my story"]Sue was almost finished with labwork for the day. The project was not hard yet. But it was also not very fun. Nor did it seem particularly helpful for future nurses, like herself. Microbes can live in liquid medium, and we can identify what some of them are named. Yay.
Sue was still transferring the final portion of her culture, when Dr. Elma walked over to observe.
Sue felt the teacher's presence but paid her little mind. Dr. Elma was not an unlikable teacher. Sue's finger slowly let up on the pipette, releasing the bacteria into the test tube. She verified to see the pale yellow of the bacteria in the clear liquid, removed the pipette, and corked the test tube.
Dr. Elma was pleased enough by Sue's work, and moved on to the next student.[/HIDE]

Stats:

LIWC dimension: Your data Male average Female average
Need for Achievement: 5.15 5.8 5.6
Need for Affiliation: 0.74 1.1 1.3
Need for power: 4.41 1.7 1.8
Self-references (I, me, my): 0.00 0.5 0.8
Social words: 4.41 11.4 12.0
Positive emotions: 2.21 1.8 2.1
Negative emotions: 0.00 1.5 1.6
Big words (> 6 letters): 18.38 18.7 17.7

Overall, I wrote 136 words in 10 minutes. And in spurts. I kept getting that little notification that I was pausing.

-:-:-:-

yoginimama, yours is great! You are a writer, aren't you?

I see I was more stuck to the picture than many of you. Your people talked, even moved. Haha
Old 04-06-2012, 09:50 PM   #21
Reizu
Member [40%]

My extreme unimaginativeness wouldn't let me come up with a story.