"Fitting into society" None
Old 09-29-2010, 09:49 AM   #1
Harvest
Member [02%]
MBTI: INTJ

Don't try it, you as an INTJ will do it wrong anyway.
That's all I wanted to say.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:48 AM   #2
elizabeth lover
Banned

MBTI: intj

i might do it right if i get boozed up first.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:54 AM   #3
onyxandsilver
New Member [01%]

I think that regardless, if the INTJ makes us introverted, we should try to outreach to others. However, I don't think we should fit ourselves or people in general, into society's ideals... I suppose, that was a too serious commentary for a joking post.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:01 AM   #4
dyankov
New Member [01%]
what if I say I'm not like the others.

yes, booze works. Sadly, I rarely drink..
Old 10-03-2010, 08:09 AM   #5
Corleone
Core Member [170%]
Rap is nothing you can put in a movie with a bunch of turtles!
MBTI: INxJ

There are certain groups of society I fit into and some I don't. It's the same way for supposedly normal people who aren't INTJs.

I don't drink as much as I used to. In my earlier years of drinking (17-19) I was hangover proof, whereas now (I'm 20) they're more frequent and increasingly severe. Old age sucks.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:21 AM   #6
sds
Member [02%]

I'm good at fitting in. The problem is when I get comfortable I let my guard down and my true self comes out. That's when people start to turn away. It's exhausting being on guard 24/7 and I don't care that much. However, I do understand the importance of networking (especially in the Animal Science field) and therefore, I know I have to make the effort.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:17 AM   #7
maru
Member [06%]
In my humble opinion...</////>[Username change: ZiNj]
MBTI: INTP

Why do you have to be against the way society is? It would be a better idea to do your part to change it so others like you have an easier time fitting it.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:47 AM   #8
Savagelight
Veteran Member [58%]

Society needs you more than you need society, unless you are old, sick, etc.

And I'm fine with contributing to society, if there is incentives and rewards for doing so.

As far as fitting in, I don't care enough about society to try to fit into it any more than absolutely necessary. I don't accept cultural norms unless I don't have any better option.

---------- Post added 10-03-2010 at 05:48 AM ----------

Originally Posted by maru
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Why do you have to be against the way society is? It would be a better idea to do your part to change it so others like you have an easier time fitting it.

Society cannot be changed, only individuals can be changed.

---------- Post added 10-03-2010 at 05:49 AM ----------

Originally Posted by Samoan Corleone
There are certain groups of society I fit into and some I don't. It's the same way for supposedly normal people who aren't INTJs.

I don't drink as much as I used to. In my earlier years of drinking (17-19) I was hangover proof, whereas now (I'm 20) they're more frequent and increasingly severe. Old age sucks.

Thats why I quit drinking.

Old 10-03-2010, 02:54 PM   #9
ZincLysine
Member [28%]
I want to be the man who can draw so many things, so well and in so many different ways.

I don't fit in with UK society. If it was within my power, I would leave and go elsewhere where I know I would. I cannot meet people who would like or respect a person like me here.

I just be the best person I can be. I think that annoys everyone else. The weak people.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:18 PM   #10
Optimaler
New Member [01%]

Even more applicable, don't try to fit in with sub-societies. Nine times out of ten I find out I fit in better with people who are twenty years older than me because they're more inclined to actually listen to me, as opposed to my peers.

Still, don't try to fit in. Actually, just make every body else conform to INTJ society. Then there's no need to fit in. XD
Old 10-03-2010, 03:24 PM   #11
ZincLysine
Member [28%]
I want to be the man who can draw so many things, so well and in so many different ways.

Originally Posted by Optimaler
Even more applicable, don't try to fit in with sub-societies. Nine times out of ten I find out I fit in better with people who are twenty years older than me because they're more inclined to actually listen to me, as opposed to my peers.

Still, don't try to fit in. Actually, just make every body else conform to INTJ society. Then there's no need to fit in. XD

I find most INTJs are difficult to get on with anyway.

Old 10-03-2010, 09:41 PM   #12
karenann33
Member [31%]

If I had it my way and was say comfortable in the outdoors I'd do great living in the middle of nowhere. I've officially quit trying to fit in. I did it for a while but it came at a high cost (headaches, weight gain, etc.) so I quit.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:46 PM   #13
sadf
Member [20%]

Originally Posted by Harvest

I used to be good at it! Now, not so much. I keep trying but it always ends with an epic fail.

Old 10-03-2010, 09:47 PM   #14
Slowandeasy1
Member [13%]

In my experience, society simply wants a contribution from a knowledgable, skilled and experienced individual. INTJ's are great at these three things - once they find out what they are passionate about.

Getting rewarded for their contribution - now that's a different story - depending on what you consider adequate compensation is.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:37 AM   #15
elizabeth lover
Banned

MBTI: intj

I honestly haven't tried to fit in since I was probably 15. I just doesn't matter to me, like it doesn't matter if anyone gets my jokes, it just really pleases me when it happens.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:10 PM   #16
HiddenLevels
New Member [01%]

Originally Posted by Slowandeasy1
In my experience, society simply wants a contribution from a knowledgable, skilled and experienced individual. INTJ's are great at these three things - once they find out what they are passionate about.

Getting rewarded for their contribution - now that's a different story - depending on what you consider adequate compensation is.

Yep it's finding that passion that's the tricky part!!!

Old 10-04-2010, 09:02 PM   #17
Corleone
Core Member [170%]
Rap is nothing you can put in a movie with a bunch of turtles!
MBTI: INxJ

Originally Posted by Savagelight
Thats why I quit drinking.

Very good. Most of us spent our childhoods getting by just fine without alcohol, so I don't get why we're reliant on it now.

Old 10-05-2010, 12:01 AM   #18
Margaret32
New Member [01%]

I have never felt like I "fit in." I think differently, think faster, live in my head, am an extreme introvert...I love hanging out in the woods with the trees. With my friends I prefer one on one. With more people I get overwhelmed.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:37 AM   #19
PowerMuffin
New Member [01%]

I only fit in enough so people don't annoy me. I used to have blue hair & was very bubbly when happy in personality. I am still boisterous when out with my inner circle, just not strangers. Now I have normal colored hair, look normal, have a boyfriend which seems normal even though he is FAR from it. But luckily he looks it. When I had blue hair I was very happy because it was my favorite color. More people in the North I noticed have bright colored hair, here in the South it's a bit of a faux pas. Sometimes I run into people with purple hair or black blue hair though, or fire engine red.

I just like to blend in enough to go unnoticed. *invisibility ON*
Old 10-07-2010, 05:55 AM   #20
True Rune
Core Member [212%]
Dying is as pointless as living.
MBTI: INTx

I'm a master at tetris, I don't know what you're on about.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:47 AM   #21
LifesEcstasy
Member [45%]

This statement makes the assumption that a desire to do so exists. You know what they say about assumptions...

Old 10-07-2010, 09:30 AM   #22
Kuzya
Member [02%]

Yeah, I have this terrible moral dilemma most of the time, particularly at work, because the only way I can get through the day with lots of people around is be so aloof that it sometimes borders on rudenss. But I feel aweful for being this aloof most of the time, but I just have no other option. Like today a customer I was serving mentioned that I didn't say please when asking if he had extra change to even out the amount and I keep feeling bad about it - was he just in a bad mood or do I really seem rude most of the time? Where do I draw the line?
Old 10-07-2010, 10:12 AM   #23
HKF
New Member [01%]

Fitting into society. It's like fitting a square-shaped peg into a circular hole... It's doable but painful - you need to saw off your sharp-edges.

I remain as a happy square-shaped peg though once in a while, I doubt myself. Otherwise, square is good.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:24 AM   #24
dmark5659
Member [02%]
MBTI: INFP

Screw fitting in. Life is too short to care about what 'they' think or worry about fitting in with people who you don't give a damn about anyway.

That's my opinion anyway. And I'm NOT an INTJ, but I still don't much care about anyone's opinion but my own, and perhaps a few (count them on one hand) special people whose opinions I value.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:28 PM   #25
sage33
Member [05%]

"Blending in" is the best way to go!