Gay men sexually attracted to straight women...why? attraction, lgbtq, sexuality
Old 09-01-2010, 08:05 AM   #1
Galactica
New Member [01%]
polymath i am
MBTI: intj

I am a straight female. Gay men (most who claim they never had a female experience) are very often sexually attracted to me. I am not masculine, though many people have told me I "think like a man"
- problem solver
-not emotional, base decisions on logic/reason
-not afraid of sexual expression
-objectify the opposite sex (not intentionally!)
(I'm more inclined to say I am socially androgynous)
It can be awkward and or puzzling, this "gay crush" phenomenon.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:10 AM   #2
rickster
Member [42%]
MBTI: INTJ

Perhaps God - on behalf of the Christian Right - has made you The Chosen One to "turn" homos!
Old 09-01-2010, 10:45 AM   #3
castalia
Member [30%]

Beats me! I have the same problem.....I attract lots of gays and bisexuals, even lesbian women. I am a straight female who "thinks like a man" too and I am not afraid to talk about sex or to seem interested in it.
Either we are gay men in women's bodies, or the gay men see us as dominatrixes in the masculine role. I have always suspected that most men, whether gay or straight, need a dominatrix!
Old 09-01-2010, 10:51 AM   #4
Seriously
Core Member [558%]
Seriously?!?
MBTI: ISTP

I don't consider it a problem personally. I did wonder for a bit if it was because I was manish but I've since been convinced that's not the case. Now I just enjoy the attention.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:51 AM   #5
cannotseethe
Core Member [309%]
Miss Stomp-On-Men, a.k.a. Dr. Marxist-post-modernist-feminist-heterodox-economics-prayer-circle-vodoo-priestess
MBTI: eXXX

Originally Posted by castalia
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I have always suspected that most men, whether gay or straight, need a dominatrix!

Right, the above is considerably more plausible than the fact that

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I am not afraid to talk about sex or to seem interested in it.

...showing explicit interest in sex is attractive, sort of by definition.

Old 09-01-2010, 11:00 AM   #6
plotthickens
Core Member [863%]
Don't stick beans up your nose.

as much as the female form is sexualized and depersonalized I'm not surprised that our media-saturated society sees T&A as attractive. At least, it's always been my boobies that the male gays wanted to motorboat.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:22 AM   #7
Galactica
New Member [01%]
polymath i am

Beats me! I have the same problem...I attract lots of gays and bisexuals, even lesbian women. I am a straight female who "thinks like a man" too and I am not afraid to talk about sex or to seem interested in it.
Either we are gay men in women's bodies, or the gay men see us as dominatrixes in the masculine role. I have always suspected that most men, whether gay or straight, need a dominatrix!

I lost count of how many times men and women have told me that I am a gay man in a woman's body/I should be a dominatrix.
Men tend to challenge me all the time. I used to work with a gay guy who said "I don't know if I should fight you or fuck you!" and quite a few straight guys who said they had the urge to wrestle or some other brutish act...they said I didn't make them angry or annoyed, but they just could not place a finger on it.
Growing up, I used to get into fist fights (which I didn't initiate) with boys. My male friends say I have a ten minute max attention span when conversing with women. I'm not keen on small talk.

Old 09-01-2010, 11:28 AM   #8
katrin
Core Member [191%]
MBTI: INFP

This thread is interesting. I had one gay friend who was in love with me sort of and vice versa sort of, but none of my gay friends wanted to have sex with me. So, should I be miffed? *kidding*

Also, all the gay guys I've known well found female breasts disgusting in the sexual attractiveness sense.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:30 AM   #9
dontmesswithme
Core Member [129%]
I can see the good in you, and it's beautiful.
MBTI: INFJ

Originally Posted by Galactica
I am a straight female. Gay men (most who claim they never had a female experience) are very often sexually attracted to me. I am not masculine, though many people have told me I "think like a man"
- problem solver
-not emotional, base decisions on logic/reason
-not afraid of sexual expression
-objectify the opposite sex (not intentionally!)
(I'm more inclined to say I am socially androgynous)
It can be awkward and or puzzling, this "gay crush" phenomenon.

If they're not seriously trying to get you into their bed, they're just flirting with you. Flirting is different than genuine sexual attraction. Flirting is fun. If they're not actively pursuing you, I think you've mistaken one thing for another.

Old 09-01-2010, 11:45 AM   #10
Galactica
New Member [01%]
polymath i am

Originally Posted by dontmesswithme
If they're not seriously trying to get you into their bed, they're just flirting with you. Flirting is different than genuine sexual attraction. Flirting is fun. If they're not actively pursuing you, I think you've mistaken one thing for another.

I have been pursued by gay men in no way different that straight men have pursued me.
At this stage in the game, I know the difference between flirting and genuine attraction.
Can you say BONER?

Old 09-01-2010, 11:50 AM   #11
dontmesswithme
Core Member [129%]
I can see the good in you, and it's beautiful.
MBTI: INFJ

At this stage in the game, I know the difference between flirting and genuine attraction.
Can you say BONER?

Then have yourself a great time in the sack with them. I'm sure it will happen for you any day now.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:36 PM   #12
Blackwark
Member [03%]
MBTI: INTj

Ok, I have never been sexually attracted to a female. I've fudged the truth a little about it though to make a couple women feel better. I told one I'd have a threesome with her and her boyfriend (who were thankfully so far away that I knew I would never have to do the deed or refuse here). But she was very insecure and liked what I said because she'd had a crush on me in HS. Something even I couldn't miss. Plus, it's kinda fun to flirt.

I have no interest in breasts other than they look fun. Like I can put a pair of them on the wall and slap them around or squeeze them out of curiosity. The novelty would probably wear off, but it would still be an awesome speech starter I guess.

Sex with a woman? maybe out of pure curiosity. To see exactly where on the Kinsey scale I might fall. But probably not.

Women, don't take these flirts seriously. Even if they are bi on the 12th of every month (say 65-85 percent gay or some random number), they still might not follow through with it for a variety of reasons. Don't get me wrong, it means they like you very much as a friend. I know personally I could only flirt like that with a woman I got along with and had certain emotional bits that were attractive. But that's not gonna make your woman bits disappear.

And STILL I feel like mentioning that I've seen a gay guy sleep a straight girl because she asked. She trusted him to be her first, so he did. Despite their age, they handled it pretty maturely afterward too.

So I guess just be direct. They are more than likely being playful and no amount of "knowing the game" is going to prepare you to deal with it. If you want it, Let them know in no uncertain terms and MAYBE it could POSSIBLY happen with the right gay dude at the right time. Just be prepared for no.

.... well, fuck. I'm ranting and that wasn't nice at all. Please understand I'm not trying to be a dick. Just trying to prevent... uncomfortableness.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:52 PM   #13
Sawa Hinuyo
Member [04%]
MBTI: INTP

All I know is that, no, I'm not gay, homossexual, fag, queer, nancy...

I'm just a poor soul in search of achievement.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:01 PM   #14
Galactica
New Member [01%]
polymath i am

I have absolutely no interest in sleeping with a gay man. Friends is far enough for me.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:44 PM   #15
burazekun
Member [08%]

Interest can take many forms. Gay people may be gay purely by choice. Whether it is a status, fighting against something most likely authority. Or purely hasn't decided on what they actually want or are not secure with the opposite sex. Hell it could even be because of the attention they received and I wouldn't put it past them.

Either way, they are still men. And at times they may be attracted to women. It could be as simple as that.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:20 PM   #16
Fox
Member [48%]

I call it a good ego booster.

Now are they really sexually attracted to you or like you enough to think if only you were born a guy?
Old 09-01-2010, 03:39 PM   #17
LifesEcstasy
Member [45%]

I am highly attractive to gay men also, (although I don't think it's a sexual attraction). I seem to have a lot of loving relationships with gay men, something more than friendship but not sexually based. I've been sexually attracted to gay men also even knowing full well that they will not ever entertain the idea. Something about it just clicks....who knows. And since nothing is likely to come of it I don't think about it too much.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:44 PM   #18
Seriously
Core Member [558%]
Seriously?!?

And since nothing is likely to come of it I don't think about it too much.

That is what makes hanging out and flirting with gay men great. You don't have to worry about it. And I think a lot of them pick up on that and reciprocate.

Old 09-01-2010, 10:53 PM   #19
rickster
Member [42%]

Originally Posted by Blackwark
And STILL I feel like mentioning that I've seen a gay guy sleep a straight girl because she asked.

I had sex with a girl a few times because she was stunningly beautiful and quite unavaibable to the vast majority of non-gay men who lusted after her. She had sex with me to prove she could seduce a gay man. We had a great time and bragged about it: it's called giving society the finger.

When I see a photo of Bardot in her prime I'm reminded of Signe, and the importance of keeping a sense of humor in all sexual transactions.

Old 09-01-2010, 11:26 PM   #20
INTroJect
Core Member [256%]
Everything that exists is in a manner the seed of that which will be.

Im 100% gay but have had various things with girls off and on. There are many women who I can admire for being attractive, but am not attracted to them. Every once in a while there is an attraction, but its not the same kind of attraction as with guys. A lot of it has to do with personality and nature. There was one girl who I used to fool around with, we would have sex but it was never like hardcore rompin, more like friends doing it for the fun of it.

Probably a lot of it has to do with feeling comfortable and not pressured. As much as a straight guy might like it, all switches go immediately to off, for example, a girl rips off her shirt and throws her b(.)(.)bs at me. It would be kind of intimidating actually.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:46 AM   #21
Tkae
Member [06%]
MBTI: INFP

I have been pursued by gay men in no way different that straight men have pursued me.
Can you say BONER?

Men get boners from getting hanged.

Using that as your basis for sexual attraction is like saying your food must be good because a starving man is shoveling it in his mouth

Old 09-03-2010, 10:48 AM   #22
Anhedonic Lake
Veteran Member [62%]
Don't forget to remind yourself how smart you are.
MBTI: INfP

If they're attracted to women then they're not gay, they're bisexual.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:17 PM   #23
Kuzya
Member [02%]

Why does gay Almodovar make movies where all the central characters are always women? Men are usuallly assigned tiny, petty, negative roles.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:29 PM   #24
Galactica
New Member [01%]
polymath i am

Originally Posted by Tkae
Men get boners from getting hanged.

Using that as your basis for sexual attraction is like saying your food must be good because a starving man is shoveling it in his mouth

With your example of asphxiation, the build up of CO2 causes the sexual arousal, just as I have caused the sexual arousal on many occasion.
You speak as if you were there.
Gay or straight, if someone is sexually attracted, thats what they are, sexually attracted. I don't know why this is so hard to believe.
I do not have to prove my experience, that is not the point of this thread.

Old 09-03-2010, 01:38 PM   #25
Seriously
Core Member [558%]
Seriously?!?

Well the premise of the thread appears to be that gay men are attracted to straight women, specifically you. Therefore it is up to you to prove that is is actually so, yes?

No one doubts your perception of your experiences they are just questioning if maybe you are interpreting them correctly.

Tags
attraction, lgbtq, sexuality