INTJ Music music genres
Old 08-15-2010, 08:42 PM   #1
elegantlyme
New Member [01%]
MBTI: INTJ

Is there any kind of music that you feel really fits this personality, or even certain songs that seem to really encompass the charteristics of an INTJ?

Old 08-15-2010, 08:43 PM   #2
ModernLit
Core Member [203%]

i'm in a dark electronica phase? bear in heaven is really sounding good to me these days.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:44 PM   #3
Condo
Member [02%]

It might just be me, but Psychedelic Rock seems to fit very well into how I, personally, think and feel. Its ordered, musically, but sounds so odd and distant in a way.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:59 PM   #4
Szepi311
Member [12%]
MBTI: INxJ

No. Due to age differences of INTJ, I think that would be impossible.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:59 PM   #5
elegantlyme
New Member [01%]

I'm currently obsessed by Jesca Hoop, but I haven't a clue why.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:03 PM   #6
freeeekyyy
Veteran Member [83%]
You Aren't Going to Find Anything in Here

Originally Posted by elegantlyme
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Is there any kind of music that you feel really fits this personality, or even certain songs that seem to really encompass the charteristics of an INTJ?

I don't think there's a particular genre that fits the type necessarily, but generally speaking music which is very abstract and rhythmically complex seems fitting.

Old 08-16-2010, 04:13 PM   #7
silicon212
Member [26%]
Lost in Space

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is two parts to the same tune ... this always gets the mental juices flowing in me.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:51 PM   #8
runrabbitrun
Member [02%]
MBTI: INTj

I detest the notion of genre as anything other than a categorization system. I would think the ideal INTJ music would be anything that can be analyzed, or is worth the effort of analysis. I can't claim to be qualified to analyze music to any serious depth, but what is the point in listening to something if it doesn't make you think? Anyway, songs that sound formulaic, and artists that are pandering to the masses don't do much for me.

Oh, Boléro is great fun. The right recording & environment and it can really sneak up on you. I have an LSO performance that routinely catches me off guard in my car.
On the opposite end of the spectrum (devastating surprise) - would be this:
Old 08-16-2010, 08:09 PM   #9
Johan
Member [02%]

MBTI: xxxx

Uhmm I'd be surprised if there is an INTJ-genre, but for the record I'm very fond of 70s and 80s rock.

Oh, both silicon212 and runrabbitrun linked to classical music, so I'll do the same.
I heard this from TV

and I can't stop listening to the last part (06:45 - ...). Normally I don't listen to this type of music but this one is mesmerising I think.

Edit: I've not typed myself as INTJ (see profile) so exclude me from your survey.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:12 PM   #10
silicon212
Member [26%]
Lost in Space

Originally Posted by Johan
Uhmm I'd be surprised if there is an INTJ-genre, but for the record I'm very fond of 70s and 80s rock.

Oh, both silicon212 and runrabbitrun linked to classical music, so I'll do the same.
I heard this from TV

and I can't stop listening to the last part (06:45 - ...). Normally I don't listen to this type of music but this one is mesmerising I think.

Edit: I've not typed myself as INTJ (see profile) so exclude me from your survey.

I like 70s and 80s rock as well, that's what I spend most of my time listening to. Songs I really like include (but in no way are limited to):

Jacob's Ladder / Huey Lewis
Night Owls / Little River Band
The Flyer / Saga
Too Much Time on my Hands / Styx
Almost all ELO
Why Me / Planet P Project

Old 08-16-2010, 10:41 PM   #11
Breakfast
New Member [01%]

All INTJs listen exclusively to The Who's "My Generation" on a loop.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:48 AM   #12
Johan
Member [02%]

MBTI: xxxx

Originally Posted by silicon212
I like 70s and 80s rock as well, that's what I spend most of my time listening to. Songs I really like include (but in no way are limited to):

Jacob's Ladder / Huey Lewis
Night Owls / Little River Band
The Flyer / Saga
Too Much Time on my Hands / Styx
Almost all ELO
Why Me / Planet P Project

I especially liked "Night Owls", and the one @ Youtube was great! The rest was definitely okey, but I prefer a bit more "rock".

My all-time favourite band is Dire Straits.

(Tunnel of Love. Live '86)

(Down to the Waterline. Live '79)

(Single Handed Sailor. Live '79)
Those are probably my top 3 Dire Straits's songs.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:30 PM   #13
SaturnEternity
Member [06%]
Nobody double crosses the monarch!
MBTI: IXTJ

My music preferences include everything from groove and psychedelic rock to classic rock, hard rock and any form of genre that can be classified as "Metal" from Heavy to Black to Death

When I'm not listening to those I particularly love certain genres of Electronic dance music. My favorites would be Hardstyle and Trance. Gotta love the Boom Boom Bass.

Tags
music genres