|04-09-2008, 04:36 PM||#1|
I suggest we start a forum trivia competition.
Rules are a s follows:
Volunteers create a set of 20 questions on a topic for others to answer.
Each set of 20 questions is one round.
The volunteer questioner for that round gets 20/20 (motivation to volunteer)
Questions are up fopr 24hours, after which answers are tallied by that rounds questioner.
Answers must be submitted by PM or email to the round questioner, NOT POSTED on the forum.
Questions MUST be posted.
Those who wish to volunteer state the topic and round you wish to assume control over.
Do not research the answers, just have a go. Lets see who is really the best at trivia.
I will start with Round 1: History
Round 1: History
1. In what year was the Magna Carta first signed?
2. How many kings with the name “Louis” sat on the French throne?
3. What is a trireme?
4. What was the name of Anne Boleyn’s sister?
5. Who was the father of Pharaoh Ramses II?
6. Which two great Roman’s were the lovers of Queen Cleopatra VII?
7. French Queen Marie Antoinette was born in what country?
8. Who wrote The Aeneid?
9. Who was the first person to ‘kidnap’ Helen of Troy?
10. Who was the first emperor of China after the Waring States Period? 11. Saddam Hussein was born in what city/town?
12. Which caliphate succeeded the Umayyads?
13. King Ananda ruled which country?
14. What treaty is often blamed for causing WWII?
15. Where was The Orange Free State?
16. What historic event does Tchaikovsky’s “1812 Overture” celebrate?
17. By what two other names has St Petersburg, Russia been known?
18. Who did Bar Kochba lead a revolt against?
19. What city was the first capital of the Confederate States of America?
20. How many Presidents of the United States have had the first name “James”.
Last edited by Serket; 04-09-2008 at 05:48 PM.
Serket is offline