Clifton Strengths Finder None
Old 03-30-2008, 08:08 PM   #1
undignified
New Member [01%]

MBTI: INTJ

I have searched on this forum for a thread on this, thus far cannot find one.

Has anyone on here ever taken this and had their strengths evaluated from the perspective of their MBTI??

Strengths Finder is a Gallup tool that has identified 34 (actually many more, but narrowed down to 34) of the most common "themes", or strengths, that emerge in a person. In order to take this online test, you must purchase the book that explains all the themes, then take this timed test. I will admit, being an INTJ I had a bit of trouble with the timed part, so consider yourselves forewarned should you choose to accept this challenge!

For anyone who has taken it, my top 5 were:

Responsibility, Belief, Connectedness, Developer, Adaptability

My husband (who LOVES these personality things and is always subjecting me to them) laughed at my last one, adaptability, and just said that according to my MBTI and Strengths Finder... I'm just plain scary and intimidating. But I already knew that!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:44 PM   #2
hauteur
Member [16%]

My whole division had to read the book and take the test.

My top five were:

Strategic
Futuristic
Deliberative
Achiever
Focus

A few months later, I took version 2.0 on my own and I got:

Deliberative
Futuristic
Strategic
Competitive
Analytical

It's kind of interesting that we both got completely different results and we're both INTJ.

Has anyone else taken this? If so, what did you get? If you want to try it, you can buy version 2.0 on Amazon for like $14. The book for 1.0 is better, but it's more expensive.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:26 PM   #3
simplisticjoy
New Member [01%]
MBTI: INfp

I took it somewhere over a year ago, when I was in a pretty different place than I am now internally, but I got

Ideation
Strategic
Activator
Learner
Input

Totally different again!
Old 01-10-2009, 11:46 PM   #4
eastman
Member [03%]

Context
Analytical
Achiever
Deliberative
Futuristic
Old 04-02-2009, 11:45 PM   #5
ssrprotege
Core Member [114%]
MBTI: xxxx

I had to take the test for the Leadership Discovery Program in my college.

I got:
Deliberative
Futuristic
Learner
Intellection
Analytical
Old 07-02-2009, 12:29 AM   #6
Ranger
New Member [01%]

Has anybody taken the Gallup Organization's StrengthsFinder tests? (Re: Now, Discover Your Strengths (2001) and/or the updated version StrengthsFinder 2.0 (2007)].

Can any of the 34 strength themes be correlated with the MBTI, specifically INTJ?

In my case, the top 5 SF themes are:
SF 2.0 Top 5: Learner, Intellection, Analytical, Input, Relator
SF 1.0 Top 5: Learner, Analytical, Input, Intellection, Focus

For me, this seems to make sense since both SF and MBTI reveal a leaning towards thinking, ideas, and objectivity as opposed to emotions. The Learner and Intellection themes would seem to go along with Introversion since since this indicates a tendency to focus on the “inner world of ideas and impressions” rather than than the “outer world” of people and things.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:17 AM   #7
EdmontonAspie
Member [15%]

Originally Posted by Ranger
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Has anybody taken the Gallup Organization's StrengthsFinder tests? (Re: Now, Discover Your Strengths (2001) and/or the updated version StrengthsFinder 2.0 (2007)].

Can any of the 34 strength themes be correlated with the MBTI, specifically INTJ?

In my case, the top 5 SF themes are:
SF 2.0 Top 5: Learner, Intellection, Analytical, Input, Relator
SF 1.0 Top 5: Learner, Analytical, Input, Intellection, Focus

For me, this seems to make sense since both SF and MBTI reveal a leaning towards thinking, ideas, and objectivity as opposed to emotions. The Learner and Intellection themes would seem to go along with Introversion since since this indicates a tendency to focus on the “inner world of ideas and impressions” rather than than the “outer world” of people and things.

Welcome to INTJforum, Ranger.
If you could provide a web link to either or
both of the StrengthsFinder tests, some of
us wouldn't mind taking them ourselves.
Please?

Old 07-16-2009, 10:31 PM   #8
phej
Core Member [144%]
Checker-shadow illusion: the squares with dos are the same shade of gray.
MBTI: InTj

Originally Posted by EdmontonAspie
Welcome to INTJforum, Ranger. If you could provide a web link to either or both of the StrengthsFinder tests, some of us wouldn't mind taking them ourselves. Please?

The Gallup Organization doesn't make the test available to the public for free. You have to buy one of the books to take it (how else will they make money?) But you can probably pay for it here:

I've taken it... It seems mostly true, but it seems flexible enough so that it is mostly true for most people...

Here's what I got:

(this is probably Copyright the Gallup org.)

Your Signature Themes

Many years of research conducted by The Gallup Organization suggest that the most effective people are those who understand their strengths and behaviors. These people are best able to develop strategies to meet and exceed the demands of their daily lives, their careers, and their families.

A review of the knowledge and skills you have acquired can provide a basic sense of your abilities, but an awareness and understanding of your natural talents will provide true insight into the core reasons behind your consistent successes.

Your Signature Themes report presents your five most dominant themes of talent, in the rank order revealed by your responses to StrengthsFinder. Of the 34 themes measured, these are your "top five.''

Your Signature Themes are very important in maximizing the talents that lead to your successes. By focusing on your Signature Themes, separately and in combination, you can identify your talents, build them into strengths, and enjoy personal and career success through consistent, near-perfect performance.

Deliberative

You are careful. You are vigilant. You are a private person. You know that the world is an unpredictable place. Everything may seem in order, but beneath the surface you sense the many risks. Rather than denying these risks, you draw each one out into the open. Then each risk can be identified, assessed, and ultimately reduced. Thus, you are a fairly serious person who approaches life with a certain reserve. For example, you like to plan ahead so as to anticipate what might go wrong. You select your friends cautiously and keep your own counsel when the conversation turns to personal matters. You are careful not to give too much praise and recognition, lest it be misconstrued. If some people don't like you because you are not as effusive as others, then so be it. For you, life is not a popularity contest. Life is something of a minefield. Others can run through it recklessly if they so choose, but you take a different approach. You identify the dangers, weigh their relative impact, and then place your feet deliberately. You walk with care.

Intellection

You like to think. You like mental activity. You like exercising the "muscles'' of your brain, stretching them in multiple directions. This need for mental activity may be focused; for example, you may be trying to solve a problem or develop an idea or understand another person's feelings. The exact focus will depend on your other strengths. On the other hand, this mental activity may very well lack focus. The theme of Intellection does not dictate what you are thinking about; it simply describes that you like to think. You are the kind of person who enjoys your time alone because it is your time for musing and reflection. You are introspective. In a sense you are your own best companion, as you pose yourself questions and try out answers on yourself to see how they sound. This introspection may lead you to a slight sense of discontent as you compare what you are actually doing with all the thoughts and ideas that your mind conceives. Or this introspection may tend toward more pragmatic matters such as the events of the day or a conversation that you plan to have later. Wherever it leads you, this mental hum is one of the constants of your life.

Learner

You love to learn. The subject matter that interests you most will be determined by your other themes and experiences, but whatever the subject, you will always be drawn to the process of learning. The process, more than the content or the result, is especially exciting for you. You are energized by the steady and deliberate journey from ignorance to competence. The thrill of the first few facts, the early efforts to recite or practice what you have learned, the growing confidence of a skill mastered---this is the process that entices you. Your excitement leads you to engage in adult learning experiences---yoga or piano lessons or graduate classes. It enables you to thrive in dynamic work environments where you are asked to take on short project assignments and are expected to learn a lot about the new subject matter in a short period of time and then move on to the next one. This Learner theme does not necessarily mean that you seek to become the subject matter expert, or that you are striving for the respect that accompanies a professional or academic credential. The outcome of the learning is less significant than the "getting there.''

Adaptability

You live in the moment. You don't see the future as a fixed destination. Instead, you see it as a place that you create out of the choices that you make right now. And so you discover your future one choice at a time. This doesn't mean that you don't have plans. You probably do. But this theme of Adaptability does enable you to respond willingly to the demands of the moment even if they pull you away from your plans. Unlike some, you don't resent sudden requests or unforeseen detours. You expect them. They are inevitable. Indeed, on some level you actually look forward to them. You are, at heart, a very flexible person who can stay productive when the demands of work are pulling you in many different directions at once.

Input

You are inquisitive. You collect things. You might collect information---words, facts, books, and quotations---or you might collect tangible objects such as butterflies, baseball cards, porcelain dolls, or sepia photographs. Whatever you collect, you collect it because it interests you. And yours is the kind of mind that finds so many things interesting. The world is exciting precisely because of its infinite variety and complexity. If you read a great deal, it is not necessarily to refine your theories but, rather, to add more information to your archives. If you like to travel, it is because each new location offers novel artifacts and facts. These can be acquired and then stored away. Why are they worth storing? At the time of storing it is often hard to say exactly when or why you might need them, but who knows when they might become useful? With all those possible uses in mind, you really don't feel comfortable throwing anything away. So you keep acquiring and compiling and filing stuff away. It's interesting. It keeps your mind fresh. And perhaps one day some of it will prove valuable.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:57 AM   #9
Visum
Member [26%]
Foreign currency trading and payments advisor, intercultural and leadership consultations, licensed builder.

I have taken it and I found it helpful.

Achiever, Analytical, Focus, Learner, Responsibility.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:16 PM   #10
kellyt
New Member [01%]

This is an interesting thread. My husband had to take the Clifton Strengths finder for work. The analysis that they did with him was very in depth nothing like what is online. I love taking "personality" test, so I read the book and took the test. My results:
Ideation - fascinated by ideas
Intellection - You like to think
Restorative - You love to solve problems
Analytical
Strategic-Theme enables you to sort through the clutter and find the best route (wish this was always true
)
I think this a lines with the INTJ description. Of course I still don't know what to do with my life.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:59 PM   #11
HalfPint
New Member [01%]
MBTI: ENTP

My university makes all students and faculty take it. It's also used by the majority of Fortune 500 companies. I find it to be much more than a personality test.

Mine are:

Communication
Command
Maximizer
Activator
Ideation
Old 10-23-2009, 01:59 PM   #12
mordekai
New Member [01%]

Recently took this test for our department meeting. I think it's indicative of INTJ:

1. Intellection: People who are especially talented in the Intellection theme are characterized by their intellectual activity. They are introspective and appreciate intellectual discussions.
2. Strategic: People who are especially talented in the Strategic theme create alternative ways to proceed. Faced with any given scenario, they can quickly spot the relevant patterns and issues.
3. Learner: People who are especially talented in the Learner theme have a great desire to learn and want to continuously improve. In particular, the process of learning, rather than the outcome, excites them.
4. Achiever: People who are especially talented in the Achiever theme have a great deal of stamina and work hard. They take great satisfaction from being busy and productive.
5. Deliberative: People who are especially talented in the Deliberative theme are best described by the serious care they take in making decisions or choices. They anticipate the obstacles.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:51 PM   #13
jbking
Member [02%]

I took mine a few months ago now, but here are my results:

Learner -> People who are especially talented in the Learner theme have a great desire to learn and want to continuously improve. In particular, the process of learning, rather than the outcome, excites them.

Achiever -> People who are especially talented in the Achiever theme have a great deal of stamina and work hard. They take great satisfaction from being busy and productive.

Responsibility -> People who are especially talented in the Responsibility theme take psychological ownership of what they say they will do. They are committed to stable values such as honesty and loyalty.

Intellection -> People who are especially talented in the Intellection theme are characterized by their intellectual activity. They are introspective and appreciate intellectual discussions.

Strategic -> People who are especially talented in the Strategic theme create alternative ways to proceed. Faced with any given scenario, they can quickly spot the relevant patterns and issues.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:14 PM   #14
StirFryKitty
New Member [01%]

Input, Responsibility, Intellection, Deliberative, Ideation

I'm not at all surprised to see a complete absence of WOO here.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:37 PM   #15
Eye on Earth
Core Member [393%]
Stare at my butt.
MBTI: xNTx

SIGNATURE THEMES:

Strategic - definitely me.
Input
Focus
Analytical
Achiever
Eye on Earth is online
Old 07-13-2010, 11:24 PM   #16
adastra
Member [04%]
When you look at this, what do you see?

Input, Intellection, Deliberative, Responsibility, Learner. I think the Strengths Finder was incredibly accurate for me; maybe even as much as the MBTI.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:36 PM   #17
NickC
New Member [01%]

My old workplace had all of its workers do this. As a group of 80+ engineers, I didn't expect much variation. I was quite surprised to see how much we actually did vary, and it helped me understand many of my coworkers (and myself) much better. I found mine to be incredibly accurate.

My top 5:

* Learner - People who are especially talented in the Learner theme have a great desire to learn and want to continuosly improve. In particular, the process of learning, rather than the outcome, excites them.
* Analytical - People who are especially talented in the Analytical theme search for reasons and causes. They have the ability to think about all the factors that might affect a situation.
* Input - People who are especially talented in the Input theme have a craving to know more. Often they like to collect and archive all kinds of information.
* Activator - People who are especially talented in the Activator theme can make things happen by turning thoughts into action. They are often impatient.
* Command - People who are especially talented in the Command theme have presence. They can take control of a situation and make decisions.

The one thing I didn't like about Strengths Finder was the "sounds like this" sections with quotes from various people with those themes. Some of the quotes were interesting, but knowing how a Learner or Command person sounds doesn't have much practical value to me.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:03 AM   #18
RisingStarGirl
New Member [01%]

Input
achiever
learner
intellection
analytical
Old 03-18-2011, 02:14 AM   #19
cazandria
New Member [01%]