Analyzing Humor humor
Old 05-18-2010, 12:17 PM   #26
Marcus Septim
Banned

MBTI: ESTJ

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thats for you ToughLove,on my take on religion in general,although im NOT an atheist

Old 05-18-2010, 04:54 PM   #27
SelfMadeBum
Core Member [532%]
What's that, Smacky?
MBTI: INTJ

the Wit
(52% dark, 35% spontaneous, 21% vulgar)
your humor style:
CLEAN | COMPLEX | DARK

You like things edgy, subtle, and smart. I guess that means you're probably an intellectual, but don't take that to mean pretentious. You realize 'dumb' can be witty--after all isn't that the Simpsons' philosophy?--but rudeness for its own sake, 'gross-out' humor and most other things found in a fraternity leave you totally flat.

I guess you just have a more cerebral approach than most. You have the perfect mindset for a joke writer or staff writer.

Your sense of humor takes the most thought to appreciate, but it's also the best, in my opinion.

You probably loved the Office. If you don't know what I'm talking about, check it out here:
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU: Jon Stewart - Woody Allen - Ricky Gervais
Old 05-18-2010, 06:26 PM   #28
altoid
Core Member [104%]

Your result for The 3 Variable Funny Test ...
the Cutting Edge

(52% dark, 42% spontaneous, 16% vulgar)
your humor style:
CLEAN | SPONTANEOUS | DARK

Your humor's mostly innocent and off-the-cuff, but somehow there's something slightly menacing about you. Part of your humor is making people a little uncomfortable, even if the things you say aren't themselves confrontational. You probably have a very dry delivery, or are seriously over-the-top.

Your type is the most likely to appreciate a good insult and/or broken bone and/or very very fat person dancing.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU: David Letterman - John Belushi
Old 05-19-2010, 08:50 AM   #29
cal
Veteran Member [67%]
Bottom line: You own you. Period.

Originally Posted by Marcus Septim
Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog,few people are interested and the frog dies

if a person wants to become truly 'wise', that could be a mistake, according to my probably favourite author Edward de Bono. an online passage about humour and wisdom:

Passages Of The Day

Edward de Bono’s Textbook of Wisdom - Introduction (3)

I have often said, and written, that humour is by far the most significant behaviour of the human brain. In information terms, reason is a relatively cheap commodity obtgained by running any sorting system backwards.

Humour is significant for two reasons. The first reason is that humour indicates a special type of information system in the brain. Humour tells us, in broad terms, how the brain works. Humour indicates a self-organizing information system. This is not unlike the way rainfall on a landscape organizes itself into streams and rivers and valleys. In a similar way, information organizes itself into patterns.

There are the main patterns. Then there might be side patterns. Activity flows along the main pattern and the other patterns are suppressed. So the flow goes from A to B. You cannot go from A to C. But you can easily go from C to A. Creativity involves ‘somehow’ getting to C and then, suddenly, seeing the path to A. The tools of lateral thinking help you move ‘laterally’ from the main track to C. Provocation is of great help.
(I shall explain later.)

In humour the situation or the teller of the story leads you along the main track and then, suddenly, takes you to C. Once there you see the ‘connection’ and, possibly, laugh.

The second reason that humour is so important is that humour takes place in ‘perception’. Outside technical matters, perception is the most important part of thinking. Traditional education may not have given you this impression. Most of the faults of thinking are faults of perception.

Wisdom takes place in the ‘perception’ area. Wisdom is about broader perception, deeper perception, richer perception, etc. If you have a good sense of humour you have the potential to be wise.

-----
Passage taken from: "Edward de Bono's Textbook of Wisdom," by Edward de Bono, ISBN 0-14-025838-8 Copyright © McQuaig Group Inc., 1996

Old 05-19-2010, 09:03 AM   #30
Marcus Septim
Banned

Is that a very very subtle compliment on me having humor? ^^
Old 05-19-2010, 09:08 AM   #31
cal
Veteran Member [67%]
Bottom line: You own you. Period.

no.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:19 AM   #32
Marcus Septim
Banned

Ok then i all aspire to new heights off wisdom through purile and dark humor
Old 05-19-2010, 09:43 AM   #33
Geise
Member [05%]

the Wit

(52% dark, 23% spontaneous, 26% vulgar)
your humor style:
CLEAN | COMPLEX | DARK

You like things edgy, subtle, and smart. I guess that means you're probably an intellectual, but don't take that to mean pretentious. You realize 'dumb' can be witty--after all isn't that the Simpsons' philosophy?--but rudeness for its own sake, 'gross-out' humor and most other things found in a fraternity leave you totally flat.

I guess you just have a more cerebral approach than most. You have the perfect mindset for a joke writer or staff writer.

Your sense of humor takes the most thought to appreciate, but it's also the best, in my opinion.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:55 AM   #34
Marcus Septim
Banned

Next time you go into a wishing well,ask to see the manager
*I've being waiting for 10 years and nothing has happend yet*
Either give me my money back or i'm shitting in the well
Old 05-23-2010, 11:02 PM   #35
seeyouatx
Member [42%]
MBTI: ISTJ

The Wit

(67% dark, 23% spontaneous, 11% vulgar)
your humor style:
CLEAN | COMPLEX | DARK

You probably loved the Office. If you don't know what I'm talking about, check it out here:

Old 05-24-2010, 09:08 AM   #36
Tough Love
Core Member [125%]
If what I am is what I am, coz I does what I does...
MBTI: eNTj

Thats for you ToughLove,on my take on religion in general,although im NOT an atheist

It should be entitled 'Christianity is bullshit' There is nothing in there that applies to any other religion but Christianity, except by default: We cant see God.

Very very funny, but another thing is that it simplifies Christianity way too much. Its alot more complicated than he says. I agree with alot of his oints, and i can def find ways to apply it to Judaism. I mean meeting up once a week to discuss... what was it? I can remember endless discussions about brands of linen and fluffiness of towels....

Old 05-24-2010, 10:35 AM   #37
OwenF
Core Member [151%]
MBTI: INTP

The Wit
(57% dark, 27% spontaneous, 32% vulgar)
your humor style: CLEAN | COMPLEX | DARK

Old 05-24-2010, 04:00 PM   #38
Marcus Septim
Banned

I guess all have to thank Onigumo13 for posting the humor test it increased my posts:P
Old 05-24-2010, 10:38 PM   #39
seeyouatx
Member [42%]

Monty Python is always witty and fantastic.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:03 AM   #40
Marcus Septim
Banned

Yep,i like all their movies,i saw my first at the age of twelve,my father introdused them to me
Old 05-25-2010, 01:21 AM   #41
seeyouatx
Member [42%]

David Sedaris is amazing as well. My favourite is his sketch about "6 to 8 black men". It's about a surprising Christmas tradition in the Netherlands. Good stuff.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:17 AM   #42
Marcus Septim
Banned

Robin Williams,you either love him,or hate him

I love him:P
Old 05-25-2010, 12:32 PM   #43
Tough Love
Core Member [125%]

And i HATE him!
Old 05-25-2010, 02:11 PM   #44
Marcus Septim
Banned

LOOOOL why?
Old 05-26-2010, 07:04 AM   #45
Tough Love
Core Member [125%]

He reminds me of my childhood? Dunno, i just find him really annoying. Especially his voice...
Old 05-27-2010, 05:26 PM   #46
tooboku
Member [36%]

LOOOOL why?

He lacks wit. He plays it too safe. He puts too much energy into jokes that aren't even funny. I would imagine it would be more difficult to find an NT that would say Williams is his favorite act than any other temperament.

Something like this is more down my alley...

Old 06-01-2010, 01:29 PM   #47
Tough Love
Core Member [125%]

Lee Evans. Watch him.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:45 AM   #48
tooboku
Member [36%]

My friend just posted a status update from her BB on facebook...

The ER doctor just yelled out "how's the boy that swallowed coins?" one of the nurse yelled back "no change yet"

Tags
humor