Things Not to Say To an INTJ None
Old 01-23-2010, 01:06 PM   #1
MirrorMirror
New Member [01%]
MBTI: intj

There was another thread entitled "How Not to Talk to an INTJ", which wasn't really didn't suit the title at all. Hence, I decided to create this thread.

So, INTJs, please describe: How NOT to talk to an INTJ.

Old 01-23-2010, 01:13 PM   #2
Yhor
Member [24%]
MBTI: InTj

Condescending and patronizing wording and tone will end in a very bad result, or will end in being ignored.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:14 PM   #3
cannotseethe
Core Member [309%]
Miss Stomp-On-Men, a.k.a. Dr. Marxist-post-modernist-feminist-heterodox-economics-prayer-circle-vodoo-priestess
MBTI: eXXX

"How are you feeling?" and "what are you always thinking about?" are my personal favorites.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:17 PM   #4
sadf
Member [20%]
MBTI: INTJ

why do you never talk?
Old 01-23-2010, 01:25 PM   #5
SelfMadeBum
Core Member [532%]
What's that, Smacky?

Don't you smile?
Old 01-23-2010, 01:45 PM   #6
brecia
Member [09%]

1-You have a strange point of view,you think differently. => this one is frustrating and sometimes hurts when you hear it from someone you care.
2-You are not as smart as you think...as if i claimed that i's a genious.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:55 PM   #7
Aster
New Member [01%]

''So you think you know it all''
''You are not as smart as you think you are''

Also it's funny how most of the people waiting for the same old answer when they ask something like ''what's up'' or ''how are you''. If Im not into some serious thinking I always answer them ''not good, everything sucks'' or ''cancer's killing me'' n such just to see them going like ''wtf...ehm....oooook....ehmmm...cya''.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:02 PM   #8
emma4enriquexx
Member [06%]

Just don't tell us we're wrong without completely understanding our point of view and at least give us a worthwhile explanation of why we're wrong. Don't give us any other random criticism for no reason.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:11 PM   #9
AnnoyingPony
Member [31%]

Things I don't like to hear:

"You need to be with friends more!"
"You're not doing it like everybody else; you must be doing it wrong!"
"Teamwork is the best way to success!" (Just typing this line has made me nearly vomit all over my keyboard.)
"WHATCHA DOIN'?"
"OMG, my life SUCKS! You wouldn't BELIEVE what happened to me today!"
Old 01-23-2010, 02:18 PM   #10
Theaetetus
Member [09%]
I'm a mammal!

"You're ignorant."

Hearing that gives me a strong urge to duct-tape someone to a wall, amputate their legs, cauterize the stump with a blowtorch, and attack a faucet to a femoral artery for the precursor to a black pudding which I will eat each morning for a month with a slice of tomato.

Not even an effort to inform me so that I can properly contribute... Just an empty and non-productive phrase.

Also, interrupting me or ignoring my thoughts has a special place in the molten-lava portion of my heart.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:19 PM   #11
lucky flute
New Member [01%]

MBTI: INFP

don't ask them for an apology, I've learned this one the hard way o_O
Old 01-23-2010, 02:24 PM   #12
Kisai
Core Member [440%]
Mad, bad, and dangerous to know.
MBTI: XXXX

Don't muthafuggin sing when you cannot sing!

Don't muthafuggin post your badly worded poetry on the internet!
Kisai is online
Old 01-23-2010, 02:42 PM   #13
Cooper
Core Member [1878%]
"There will come a day when my heart is a cold hard stone. That is the day I will smile."

"You need to get out and socialize"

"You need to smile"

"You look like you just lost your best friend"

"Why do you always look pissed off?"

Don't tell me that I have no idea what I'm talking about. If I am talking about it without asking questions, I pretty much know what I'm talking about.

Don't tell me or insinuate that I am doing something wrong because it is not the way you do it, or it is clear you are an idiot.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:52 PM   #14
MassHysteria
Core Member [177%]
You don't get to quit just because you're scared.

(This happened to me on Monday)
DO NOT leave a note under my windshield wiper saying ''You're cute!'' along with your name and number. I'm sure there are a good number of women my age who find this sort of thing romantic and fun. I am not one of those women. It's creepy.

Also:

''Why aren't you dancing? It's a party, you need to dance! What do you mean you don't feel like dancing? DANCE ANYWAYYYYYY!!!'' [proceeds to grab an arm and pull onto the dance floor]

''You need [insert pretty much anything].'' Don't tell me what you think I need.

''You have no right to think/feel that way.'' Don't you DARE tell me what to think or feel.

''I can make you.'' As in, I can make you shut up, cry, laugh, feel better, whatever. This really ruffles my feathers, for some reason. You can't MAKE me do anything.

This conversation, too:

ES-types: ''Why aren't you coming to the party?''
Me: ''It's been a long week. I'm gonna stay home, you know, recharge my batteries.''
ES-types: [baffled pause] ''But WHY?!?''
Old 01-23-2010, 02:58 PM   #15
rain
Member [24%]

Nothing much. I have very thick skin and have dealt with a lot of people who talk both in the directive and passive way of communication. I'm more interested in the motivation behind the reasons why someone says something as opposed to thinking it is strictly limited to myself.

However, what really irritates is when someone starts yelling at me. Once someone does that, my natural inclination is to yell back, which tends to frighten people, because I have an angelic appearance, but a very loud booming voice.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:11 PM   #16
Billy Cox
Member [05%]
MBTI: IXTJ

Anything to do with smiling. No, I'm not angry. No, I haven't had a bad day. I don't hate you. These things can easily be changed if you keep bugging me about it.

Yes, I realize I'm a better-looking person when I smile. I just don't care to waste energy in a pointless manner. If you do catch me smiling at you, take it as an extreme compliment. This must mean I actually care about your well-being.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Actually, I'm not as harsh as all that, although I do love to bark--it keeps people at bay. The needles in the social haystack bear witness to a different side altogether.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:25 PM   #17
Thrasymachus
Member [05%]

You are letting your emotions cloud your judgment, that one makes for hilarious situations
Old 01-23-2010, 04:21 PM   #18
MirrorMirror
New Member [01%]
MBTI: intj

Oh, and what really gets me, is when people expect you to accept everything they say just because they feel strongly about it. As if they needn't back up their arguments with sound reason.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:40 PM   #19
Syler
Member [04%]
"Do unto others as you would have done unto them."
MBTI: ENTJ

Claiming you know my internal life better than I do gets me on edge.

"You are lonely."
"Umm... no I'm not."
"Yes you are. You just don't know that you're lonely.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:43 PM   #20
Loco Luko
New Member [01%]

''I can make you.'' As in, I can make you shut up, cry, laugh, feel better, whatever. This really ruffles my feathers, for some reason. You can't MAKE me do anything.

I second this one

Old 01-23-2010, 04:55 PM   #21
qGrav
New Member [01%]
Repetition kills you.

Originally Posted by Theaetetus
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"You're ignorant."

Hearing that gives me a strong urge to duct-tape someone to a wall, amputate their legs, cauterize the stump with a blowtorch, and attack a faucet to a femoral artery for the precursor to a black pudding which I will eat each morning for a month with a slice of tomato.

Not even an effort to inform me so that I can properly contribute... Just an empty and non-productive phrase.

Also, interrupting me or ignoring my thoughts has a special place in the molten-lava portion of my heart.

Don't forget the Glasgow Smile. So they choose between screaming and bleeding to death or shutting the fuck up.

---------- Post added 01-23-2010 at 01:02 PM ----------

Do not act in a manner that depicts a highly intelligent individual when you are a moron. You have already been mentally gauged by the INTJ. Also if you talk to us in a manner depicting ultimate supremacy, we will split you open. We are the Villains.

Old 01-23-2010, 05:39 PM   #22
kepstein8888
Member [10%]

"INTJs suck."
Old 01-23-2010, 07:17 PM   #23
laserdanger
Member [02%]
MBTI: INTx

"Ha, I know something you don't know" - I never claimed to know everything.
"You think too much"
"is something wrong?"
Old 01-23-2010, 07:19 PM   #24
Blse
Core Member [125%]
MBTI: ENTJ

"lighten up"
"relax"
"go with the flow"
Old 01-23-2010, 07:47 PM   #25
t3hrubikscube
Member [18%]
MBTI: IxTJ

I don't like talking about my feelings/emotions/moods/anything like that. It just seems trite to me, and I never have anything to contribute. Whenever people ask me how I am, how I've been, etc., I always just say "fine" or "okay" so as to drop the subject.