Closed Thread
Thread Tools
List of fictional INTJ villains None
Old 06-23-2009, 04:28 AM   #1
CatalystAK
Member [07%]
MBTI: INTJ
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 284
 
So I have seen posts here, articles there about INTJ's being the ultimate villain. I mean after all, even this website says we are Masterminds and Villains
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I have also seen people discuss different fictional characters as INTJ and invariably a few villains turn up. But I wanted to make a true list, all in one place, about the fictional villains who would be typed as INTJ. Here is who I think of.

Lex Luther
Sylar
Professor Moriarty
Dexter
Hannibal Lecter
Doc Ock
Magneto
Dr Doom


I know there are more. Please add to the list.
CatalystAK is offline

Old 06-23-2009, 12:56 PM   #2
Sipak
New Member [01%]
MBTI: INTJ
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 23
 
I approve Dexter, and Hannibal. . i do not know the rest

Is "The Joker" INTJ ???
Sipak is offline
Old 06-23-2009, 03:10 PM   #3
CatalystAK
Member [07%]
MBTI: INTJ
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 284
 
I don't think The Joker is an INTJ. To me he seems far too wild and unpredictable to be an INTJ.

Thought of another few

Benjamin Linus
Baron Harkonnen-maybe?
CatalystAK is offline
Old 06-25-2009, 12:30 PM   #4
Shadowstar
Member [02%]
 
MBTI: INTJ
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 103
 
Emperor Palpatine
Shadowstar is offline
Old 06-25-2009, 12:47 PM   #5
dragonsscout
Member [47%]
Back for the holidays!
MBTI: INTJ
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,886
 
Dr. Horrible

Dr. No
Auric Goldfinger
Ernst Stavro Blofeld
Hugo Drax
dragonsscout is offline
Old 06-25-2009, 01:13 PM   #6
Nightwish bob
Member [06%]
Artist credit: Plantman Exe.
(Not my work)
Autobot Prowl
MBTI: INTJ
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 259
 
Definitely Dr. Horrible...he is also soo great
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Nightwish bob is offline
Old 06-25-2009, 01:48 PM   #7
masquerade189
New Member [01%]
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science."- Einstein
MBTI: INTJ
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 29
 
Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg (Gary Oldman)
Anton Chigurh (Javier Bardem)
Bill (David Carradine)
masquerade189 is offline
Old 06-27-2009, 10:38 AM   #8
Richard Mongler
New Member [01%]
 
MBTI: INTJ
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 18
 

  Originally Posted by Sipak
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I approve Dexter, and Hannibal. . i do not know the rest

Is "The Joker" INTJ ???

The Joker is an ENTP.

Richard Mongler is offline
Old 06-29-2009, 03:06 AM   #9
Corleone
Core Member [163%]
Rap is nothing you can put in a movie with a bunch of turtles!
MBTI: INxJ
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,557
 
Frank Lucas (Denzel Washington) from American Gangster. I know he's based on a real person, but a lot of people say it's an innaccurate representation, so he counts as a "fictional" villain.
Corleone is offline
Old 06-29-2009, 03:11 AM   #10
Eleven
Member [09%]
 
MBTI: INTJ
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 362
 
Light Yagami - I think.
Eleven is offline
Old 06-29-2009, 05:48 AM   #11
Within
Member [09%]
MBTI: INTJ
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 364
 

  Originally Posted by Richard Mongler
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Joker is an ENTP.


The Joker is a hard one to fit into one single type of MBTI.

Within is offline
Old 06-29-2009, 08:37 AM   #12
Richard Mongler
New Member [01%]
 
MBTI: INTJ
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 18
 

  Originally Posted by Within
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Joker is a hard one to fit into one single type of MBTI.

Not if you've been typing for more than a week or two, or know anything at all about Batman. Haha.

His MBTI might change based on who is writing him at the time, but if you're talking about the latest portrayal or The Killing Joke [on which the Nolan portrayal was based], it's a pretty clear case of "ENTP gone bad."

Check out the Arkham Asylum graphic novel if you're really that interested in typing him, though.

Richard Mongler is offline
Old 06-29-2009, 10:10 AM   #13
Solaris
Core Member [178%]
ENTJ, but I operate well on INTJ frequency
MBTI: ENTJ
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 7,151
 

  Originally Posted by Richard Mongler
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Not if you've been typing for more than a week or two, or know anything at all about Batman. Haha.

His MBTI might change based on who is writing him at the time, but if you're talking about the latest portrayal or The Killing Joke [on which the Nolan portrayal was based], it's a pretty clear case of "ENTP gone bad."

Check out the Arkham Asylum graphic novel if you're really that interested in typing him, though.

MBTI would like to remind you that it's unable to accurately type the mentally ill, which he clearly is.

Solaris is offline
Old 06-29-2009, 10:40 AM   #14
themuzicman
Core Member [322%]
I am INTJ.  Your argument is invalid.
Resistance is futile.
MBTI: INTJ
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12,903
 
Can't remember the name of the leader of the criminals in Con-Air, but yeah...
themuzicman is offline
Old 06-29-2009, 11:56 AM   #15
Within
Member [09%]
MBTI: INTJ
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 364
 

 
His MBTI might change based on who is writing him at the time, but if you're talking about the latest portrayal or The Killing Joke [on which the Nolan portrayal was based], it's a pretty clear case of "ENTP gone bad."

Check out the Arkham Asylum graphic novel if you're really that interested in typing him, though.

I was thinking of the joker portrayed in the dark knight alone. I gotta add he's an interesting villain. I'll make sure to look into him a bit deeper at another time.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


By the way themuzicman, the character you're thinking about is Cyrus the Virus. :D

Within is offline
Old 06-29-2009, 04:32 PM   #16
Beryl
Member [03%]
MBTI: INTJ
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 140
 
There are a few threads on this topic already but here are some I know from animes...
Ken Ichijouji (Digimon, Season 2) He didn't stay a villain though
Knives (Trigun)
Vicious (Cowboy Bebop) Although he has been addressed as an ENTJ also so I'm not sure.
Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji)

I cannot think of anymore right now...
Beryl is offline
Old 06-29-2009, 04:56 PM   #17
themuzicman
Core Member [322%]
I am INTJ.  Your argument is invalid.
Resistance is futile.
MBTI: INTJ
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12,903
 
Lol... "Sid" from Toy Story?
themuzicman is offline
Old 06-29-2009, 05:04 PM   #18
dragonsscout
Member [47%]
Back for the holidays!
MBTI: INTJ
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,886
 

  Originally Posted by themuzicman
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lol... "Sid" from Toy Story?

I dunno. Sid might be, but his vaguely psychopathic behavior might be masking whatever his actual type is.

dragonsscout is offline
Old 06-29-2009, 05:57 PM   #19
Richard Mongler
New Member [01%]
 
MBTI: INTJ
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 18
 

  Originally Posted by Solaris
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MBTI would like to remind you that it's unable to accurately type the mentally ill, which he clearly is.

No... he isn't. He's reached a state of super-sanity. He and Batman are essentially the same character with opposite moral compasses, which is the entire point of their dynamic -- their being foils of each other is, at its most basic level, a mechanism used to display the Joker's open war against Kantian deontology and Batman's determination to uphold his moral integrity in spite of the constant assault against it.

You may just have to trust me on this one.

Richard Mongler is offline
Old 06-30-2009, 11:20 AM   #20
Beryl
Member [03%]
MBTI: INTJ
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 140
 
A couple more...
The Brain ( Pinky and the Brain)
The Brain creature thing (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)- The 90's tv series.

On the topic of the joker though, someone should start giving examples to support what they are saying rather than making claims. I'm not sure what type he is either but I think its best to nail down some details.

Is he a planner or is he spontaneous? Batman is obviously introverted, but name an instance that shows that the Joker is also. Also, I think we have to really consider if the Joker is a rational thinker.
Beryl is offline
Old 06-30-2009, 11:33 AM   #21
Antares
Core Member [219%]
MBTI: INTJ
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,774
 
Lord Voldemort? Augustus Caesar from "Rome". Not sure about villainous, but he turns into an asshole at the end.
Antares is offline
Old 06-30-2009, 05:30 PM   #22
Deadgod
Member [28%]
a murder of crows...the next trend in Crime Scene Investigation.
MBTI: INTX
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,144
 
Sauron anyone?

The Queen from Snow White.
Deadgod is offline
Old 06-30-2009, 07:01 PM   #23
Ace1337
Member [10%]
MBTI: ENTJ
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 402
 
Claude Frollo from The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Ace1337 is offline
Old 06-30-2009, 07:44 PM   #24
Richard Mongler
New Member [01%]
 
MBTI: INTJ
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 18
 

  Originally Posted by Beryl
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
A couple more...
The Brain ( Pinky and the Brain)
The Brain creature thing (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)- The 90's tv series.

On the topic of the joker though, someone should start giving examples to support what they are saying rather than making claims. I'm not sure what type he is either but I think its best to nail down some details.

Is he a planner or is he spontaneous? Batman is obviously introverted, but name an instance that shows that the Joker is also. Also, I think we have to really consider if the Joker is a rational thinker.

The Joker is extremely rational -- the reason most readers/viewers classify him as "insane" is that he is a perfect example of someone with 100T, and they are not sure how to react to it other than to call him "crazy." Everything he does is meticulously planned and with an ulterior motive, typically part of a multi-faceted plot with a very specific end goal in mind. He makes numerous statements regarding his hatred of both chance (Joker's Five-Way Revenge) and insanity (Arkham Asylum), and regards insanity as a weakness he is able to inflict on lesser humans at will (The Killing Joke).

Examples:

- The entire bank robbery scene at the beginning of the movie was not only itself so well-planned so that he would be the only one to survive, but also a plot to attract the attention of local crime bosses so that he could offer his services to them, thus giving him the ability to distract Batman using petty criminals as pawns later in the movie. (The Dark Knight)
- Purposely getting caught by Batman and Gordon so that he could go to prison and blow it up using a bomb he planted in an accomplice well before he [The Joker] was even arrested. (The Dark Knight)
- Setting up a situation where he knew Dent would be the one Batman rescued [thus leaving Rachel to die] in order to corrupt Harvey Dent, thus proving his point regarding how easily "good" can be overcome with the right external stimuli. (The Dark Knight)
- His assassination of the mayor. (The Dark Knight)
- Diverting the attention of the city's entire police force and Batman by threatening to blow up a hospital (which was already wired with explosives because he already knew what would happen) as a distraction to get in contact with Dent, where he plants very specific mental seeds to achieve his desired result. (The Dark Knight)
- Poisoning the cat of one of his intended targets with Joker Venom, knowing that Batman would attempt to disguise himself as the target and that the cat would instinctively go to his owner, not the stranger, thus murdering him. (The Laughing Fish)
- It's shown that he fakes insanity to avoid the death penalty; he makes up an abusive past in order to manipulate Harleen Quinzel, who helps him escape and eventually becomes Harley Quinn. (Mad Love)
- Showing his dislike of chance/randomness, he refuses to kill Batman when the opportunity presents itself because he himself did not plan the circumstances leading up to the opportunity. (The Joker's Five-Way Revenge)
- He purposely leaves evidence from his shoes on Batman's face so that Batman can track him to the fifth victim, because he wants Batman to show up and try to take the place of his fifth victim and be eaten by a shark. (The Joker's Five-Way Revenge)

Etc., etc.

The Joker is clearly an NT. His mannerisms are extremely extroverted, and his dominant functions are Extroverted Intuition and Introverted Thinking; he is able to see clear relationships between his actions and their outcomes using his Ne, enough to plan grandiose events well before the participants are even aware that there's a plot in the first place using his Ti. This, along with his end goal of destroying the structure of society -- with anarchism, chaos and a disregard for social structure being common themes/interests with ENTPs -- points heavily toward his being an ENTP.

I could go into more detail, but I don't really want to keep wordvomiting if nobody is that interested.





Richard Mongler added to this post, 9 minutes and 2 seconds later...

Oh, and... The "brain creature thing" is Krang.

Richard Mongler is offline
Old 06-30-2009, 11:00 PM   #25
Beryl
Member [03%]
MBTI: INTJ
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 140
 

  Originally Posted by Richard Mongler
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Joker is extremely rational -- the reason most readers/viewers classify him as "insane" is that he is a perfect example of someone with 100T, and they are not sure how to react to it other than to call him "crazy." Everything he does is meticulously planned and with an ulterior motive, typically part of a multi-faceted plot with a very specific end goal in mind. He makes numerous statements regarding his hatred of both chance (Joker's Five-Way Revenge) and insanity (Arkham Asylum), and regards insanity as a weakness he is able to inflict on lesser humans at will (The Killing Joke).

Examples:

- The entire bank robbery scene at the beginning of the movie was not only itself so well-planned so that he would be the only one to survive, but also a plot to attract the attention of local crime bosses so that he could offer his services to them, thus giving him the ability to distract Batman using petty criminals as pawns later in the movie. (The Dark Knight)
- Purposely getting caught by Batman and Gordon so that he could go to prison and blow it up using a bomb he planted in an accomplice well before he [The Joker] was even arrested. (The Dark Knight)
- Setting up a situation where he knew Dent would be the one Batman rescued [thus leaving Rachel to die] in order to corrupt Harvey Dent, thus proving his point regarding how easily "good" can be overcome with the right external stimuli. (The Dark Knight)
- His assassination of the mayor. (The Dark Knight)
- Diverting the attention of the city's entire police force and Batman by threatening to blow up a hospital (which was already wired with explosives because he already knew what would happen) as a distraction to get in contact with Dent, where he plants very specific mental seeds to achieve his desired result. (The Dark Knight)
- Poisoning the cat of one of his intended targets with Joker Venom, knowing that Batman would attempt to disguise himself as the target and that the cat would instinctively go to his owner, not the stranger, thus murdering him. (The Laughing Fish)
- It's shown that he fakes insanity to avoid the death penalty; he makes up an abusive past in order to manipulate Harleen Quinzel, who helps him escape and eventually becomes Harley Quinn. (Mad Love)
- Showing his dislike of chance/randomness, he refuses to kill Batman when the opportunity presents itself because he himself did not plan the circumstances leading up to the opportunity. (The Joker's Five-Way Revenge)
- He purposely leaves evidence from his shoes on Batman's face so that Batman can track him to the fifth victim, because he wants Batman to show up and try to take the place of his fifth victim and be eaten by a shark. (The Joker's Five-Way Revenge)

Etc., etc.

The Joker is clearly an NT. His mannerisms are extremely extroverted, and his dominant functions are Extroverted Intuition and Introverted Thinking; he is able to see clear relationships between his actions and their outcomes using his Ne, enough to plan grandiose events well before the participants are even aware that there's a plot in the first place using his Ti. This, along with his end goal of destroying the structure of society -- with anarchism, chaos and a disregard for social structure being common themes/interests with ENTPs -- points heavily toward his being an ENTP.

I could go into more detail, but I don't really want to keep wordvomiting if nobody is that interested.





Richard Mongler added to this post, 9 minutes and 2 seconds later...

Oh, and... The "brain creature thing" is Krang.

Thanks by the way. I forgot it was Krang.

Anyway, Your examples seem to indicate that he is definitely a TJ if anything. I agree with you that the Joker is a planner in the "The Dark Knight" as well as the cartoons. If he is a planner, then he is more than likely a J. Read this from socionics, it sounds just like you described him when you said...

" - Showing his dislike of chance/randomness, he refuses to kill Batman when the opportunity presents itself because he himself did not plan the circumstances leading up to the opportunity. (The Joker's Five-Way Revenge)"

From Socionics:

"Judging types usually plan their actions beforehand and try to follow this plan. They tend to choose the shortest distance to the target moving along in a direct line. In a stable atmosphere this behaviour is optimal because it allows Judging types to calculate the most optimal life. However, a changing situation causes Judging types trouble with fulfilling their plans. These changes put more obstacles in the way, which as a result cause Judging types to put the execution of their plans on hold for an indefinite period of time until either the obstacle moves away by itself or another decision alters their plans prompting them to change direction. This is explained by the fact that Judging types have judging elements present at the information inputs. These elements will not allow information to pass through until a decision to act is made. Regular alternation of plans is irritating for Judging types and as a result they cope badly with situations containing a high irrationality factor."


To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Beryl is offline
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, Myers-Briggs, and MBTI are trademarks or registered trademarks of the
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator Trust in the United States and other countries.