Closed Thread
List of fictional INTJ villains None
Old 06-23-2009, 04:28 AM   #1
CatalystAK
Member [07%]
MBTI: INTJ

So I have seen posts here, articles there about INTJ's being the ultimate villain. I mean after all, even this website says we are Masterminds and Villains
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I have also seen people discuss different fictional characters as INTJ and invariably a few villains turn up. But I wanted to make a true list, all in one place, about the fictional villains who would be typed as INTJ. Here is who I think of.

Lex Luther
Sylar
Professor Moriarty
Dexter
Hannibal Lecter
Doc Ock
Magneto
Dr Doom

I know there are more. Please add to the list.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:56 PM   #2
Sipak
New Member [01%]

I approve Dexter, and Hannibal. . i do not know the rest

Is "The Joker" INTJ ???
Old 06-23-2009, 03:10 PM   #3
CatalystAK
Member [07%]

I don't think The Joker is an INTJ. To me he seems far too wild and unpredictable to be an INTJ.

Thought of another few

Benjamin Linus
Baron Harkonnen-maybe?
Old 06-25-2009, 12:30 PM   #4
Shadowstar
Member [02%]

Emperor Palpatine
Old 06-25-2009, 12:47 PM   #5
dragonsscout
Member [47%]
Back for the holidays!

Dr. Horrible

Dr. No
Auric Goldfinger
Ernst Stavro Blofeld
Hugo Drax
Old 06-25-2009, 01:13 PM   #6
Nightwish bob
Member [06%]
Artist credit: Plantman Exe.
(Not my work)
Autobot Prowl

Definitely Dr. Horrible...he is also soo great
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:48 PM   #7
masquerade189
New Member [01%]
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science."- Einstein

Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg (Gary Oldman)
Anton Chigurh (Javier Bardem)
Bill (David Carradine)
Old 06-27-2009, 10:38 AM   #8
Richard Mongler
New Member [01%]

Originally Posted by Sipak
I approve Dexter, and Hannibal. . i do not know the rest

Is "The Joker" INTJ ???

The Joker is an ENTP.

Old 06-29-2009, 03:06 AM   #9
Corleone
Core Member [163%]
Rap is nothing you can put in a movie with a bunch of turtles!
MBTI: INxJ

Frank Lucas (Denzel Washington) from American Gangster. I know he's based on a real person, but a lot of people say it's an innaccurate representation, so he counts as a "fictional" villain.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:11 AM   #10
Eleven
Member [09%]

Light Yagami - I think.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:48 AM   #11
Within
Member [09%]

Originally Posted by Richard Mongler
The Joker is an ENTP.

The Joker is a hard one to fit into one single type of MBTI.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:37 AM   #12
Richard Mongler
New Member [01%]

Originally Posted by Within
The Joker is a hard one to fit into one single type of MBTI.

Not if you've been typing for more than a week or two, or know anything at all about Batman. Haha.

His MBTI might change based on who is writing him at the time, but if you're talking about the latest portrayal or The Killing Joke [on which the Nolan portrayal was based], it's a pretty clear case of "ENTP gone bad."

Check out the Arkham Asylum graphic novel if you're really that interested in typing him, though.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:10 AM   #13
Solaris
Core Member [178%]
ENTJ, but I operate well on INTJ frequency
MBTI: ENTJ

Not if you've been typing for more than a week or two, or know anything at all about Batman. Haha.

His MBTI might change based on who is writing him at the time, but if you're talking about the latest portrayal or The Killing Joke [on which the Nolan portrayal was based], it's a pretty clear case of "ENTP gone bad."

Check out the Arkham Asylum graphic novel if you're really that interested in typing him, though.

MBTI would like to remind you that it's unable to accurately type the mentally ill, which he clearly is.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:40 AM   #14
themuzicman
Core Member [322%]
I am INTJ.  Your argument is invalid.
Resistance is futile.

Can't remember the name of the leader of the criminals in Con-Air, but yeah...
Old 06-29-2009, 11:56 AM   #15
Within
Member [09%]

I was thinking of the joker portrayed in the dark knight alone. I gotta add he's an interesting villain. I'll make sure to look into him a bit deeper at another time.

By the way themuzicman, the character you're thinking about is Cyrus the Virus. :D

Old 06-29-2009, 04:32 PM   #16
Beryl
Member [03%]

There are a few threads on this topic already but here are some I know from animes...
Ken Ichijouji (Digimon, Season 2) He didn't stay a villain though
Knives (Trigun)
Vicious (Cowboy Bebop) Although he has been addressed as an ENTJ also so I'm not sure.
Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji)

I cannot think of anymore right now...
Old 06-29-2009, 04:56 PM   #17
themuzicman
Core Member [322%]
I am INTJ.  Your argument is invalid.
Resistance is futile.

Lol... "Sid" from Toy Story?
Old 06-29-2009, 05:04 PM   #18
dragonsscout
Member [47%]
Back for the holidays!

Originally Posted by themuzicman
Lol... "Sid" from Toy Story?

I dunno. Sid might be, but his vaguely psychopathic behavior might be masking whatever his actual type is.

Old 06-29-2009, 05:57 PM   #19
Richard Mongler
New Member [01%]

Originally Posted by Solaris
MBTI would like to remind you that it's unable to accurately type the mentally ill, which he clearly is.

No... he isn't. He's reached a state of super-sanity. He and Batman are essentially the same character with opposite moral compasses, which is the entire point of their dynamic -- their being foils of each other is, at its most basic level, a mechanism used to display the Joker's open war against Kantian deontology and Batman's determination to uphold his moral integrity in spite of the constant assault against it.

You may just have to trust me on this one.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:20 AM   #20
Beryl
Member [03%]

A couple more...
The Brain ( Pinky and the Brain)
The Brain creature thing (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)- The 90's tv series.

On the topic of the joker though, someone should start giving examples to support what they are saying rather than making claims. I'm not sure what type he is either but I think its best to nail down some details.

Is he a planner or is he spontaneous? Batman is obviously introverted, but name an instance that shows that the Joker is also. Also, I think we have to really consider if the Joker is a rational thinker.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:33 AM   #21
Antares
Core Member [219%]

Lord Voldemort? Augustus Caesar from "Rome". Not sure about villainous, but he turns into an asshole at the end.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:30 PM   #22
Deadgod
Member [28%]
a murder of crows...the next trend in Crime Scene Investigation.
MBTI: INTX

Sauron anyone?

The Queen from Snow White.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:01 PM   #23
Ace1337
Member [10%]
MBTI: ENTJ

Claude Frollo from The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Old 06-30-2009, 07:44 PM   #24
Richard Mongler
New Member [01%]

Originally Posted by Beryl
A couple more...
The Brain ( Pinky and the Brain)
The Brain creature thing (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)- The 90's tv series.

On the topic of the joker though, someone should start giving examples to support what they are saying rather than making claims. I'm not sure what type he is either but I think its best to nail down some details.

Is he a planner or is he spontaneous? Batman is obviously introverted, but name an instance that shows that the Joker is also. Also, I think we have to really consider if the Joker is a rational thinker.

The Joker is extremely rational -- the reason most readers/viewers classify him as "insane" is that he is a perfect example of someone with 100T, and they are not sure how to react to it other than to call him "crazy." Everything he does is meticulously planned and with an ulterior motive, typically part of a multi-faceted plot with a very specific end goal in mind. He makes numerous statements regarding his hatred of both chance (Joker's Five-Way Revenge) and insanity (Arkham Asylum), and regards insanity as a weakness he is able to inflict on lesser humans at will (The Killing Joke).

Examples:

- The entire bank robbery scene at the beginning of the movie was not only itself so well-planned so that he would be the only one to survive, but also a plot to attract the attention of local crime bosses so that he could offer his services to them, thus giving him the ability to distract Batman using petty criminals as pawns later in the movie. (The Dark Knight)
- Purposely getting caught by Batman and Gordon so that he could go to prison and blow it up using a bomb he planted in an accomplice well before he [The Joker] was even arrested. (The Dark Knight)
- Setting up a situation where he knew Dent would be the one Batman rescued [thus leaving Rachel to die] in order to corrupt Harvey Dent, thus proving his point regarding how easily "good" can be overcome with the right external stimuli. (The Dark Knight)
- His assassination of the mayor. (The Dark Knight)
- Diverting the attention of the city's entire police force and Batman by threatening to blow up a hospital (which was already wired with explosives because he already knew what would happen) as a distraction to get in contact with Dent, where he plants very specific mental seeds to achieve his desired result. (The Dark Knight)
- Poisoning the cat of one of his intended targets with Joker Venom, knowing that Batman would attempt to disguise himself as the target and that the cat would instinctively go to his owner, not the stranger, thus murdering him. (The Laughing Fish)
- It's shown that he fakes insanity to avoid the death penalty; he makes up an abusive past in order to manipulate Harleen Quinzel, who helps him escape and eventually becomes Harley Quinn. (Mad Love)
- Showing his dislike of chance/randomness, he refuses to kill Batman when the opportunity presents itself because he himself did not plan the circumstances leading up to the opportunity. (The Joker's Five-Way Revenge)
- He purposely leaves evidence from his shoes on Batman's face so that Batman can track him to the fifth victim, because he wants Batman to show up and try to take the place of his fifth victim and be eaten by a shark. (The Joker's Five-Way Revenge)

Etc., etc.

The Joker is clearly an NT. His mannerisms are extremely extroverted, and his dominant functions are Extroverted Intuition and Introverted Thinking; he is able to see clear relationships between his actions and their outcomes using his Ne, enough to plan grandiose events well before the participants are even aware that there's a plot in the first place using his Ti. This, along with his end goal of destroying the structure of society -- with anarchism, chaos and a disregard for social structure being common themes/interests with ENTPs -- points heavily toward his being an ENTP.

I could go into more detail, but I don't really want to keep wordvomiting if nobody is that interested.

Richard Mongler added to this post, 9 minutes and 2 seconds later...

Oh, and... The "brain creature thing" is Krang.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:00 PM   #25
Beryl
Member [03%]

The Joker is extremely rational -- the reason most readers/viewers classify him as "insane" is that he is a perfect example of someone with 100T, and they are not sure how to react to it other than to call him "crazy." Everything he does is meticulously planned and with an ulterior motive, typically part of a multi-faceted plot with a very specific end goal in mind. He makes numerous statements regarding his hatred of both chance (Joker's Five-Way Revenge) and insanity (Arkham Asylum), and regards insanity as a weakness he is able to inflict on lesser humans at will (The Killing Joke).

Examples:

- The entire bank robbery scene at the beginning of the movie was not only itself so well-planned so that he would be the only one to survive, but also a plot to attract the attention of local crime bosses so that he could offer his services to them, thus giving him the ability to distract Batman using petty criminals as pawns later in the movie. (The Dark Knight)
- Purposely getting caught by Batman and Gordon so that he could go to prison and blow it up using a bomb he planted in an accomplice well before he [The Joker] was even arrested. (The Dark Knight)
- Setting up a situation where he knew Dent would be the one Batman rescued [thus leaving Rachel to die] in order to corrupt Harvey Dent, thus proving his point regarding how easily "good" can be overcome with the right external stimuli. (The Dark Knight)
- His assassination of the mayor. (The Dark Knight)
- Diverting the attention of the city's entire police force and Batman by threatening to blow up a hospital (which was already wired with explosives because he already knew what would happen) as a distraction to get in contact with Dent, where he plants very specific mental seeds to achieve his desired result. (The Dark Knight)
- Poisoning the cat of one of his intended targets with Joker Venom, knowing that Batman would attempt to disguise himself as the target and that the cat would instinctively go to his owner, not the stranger, thus murdering him. (The Laughing Fish)
- It's shown that he fakes insanity to avoid the death penalty; he makes up an abusive past in order to manipulate Harleen Quinzel, who helps him escape and eventually becomes Harley Quinn. (Mad Love)
- Showing his dislike of chance/randomness, he refuses to kill Batman when the opportunity presents itself because he himself did not plan the circumstances leading up to the opportunity. (The Joker's Five-Way Revenge)
- He purposely leaves evidence from his shoes on Batman's face so that Batman can track him to the fifth victim, because he wants Batman to show up and try to take the place of his fifth victim and be eaten by a shark. (The Joker's Five-Way Revenge)

Etc., etc.

The Joker is clearly an NT. His mannerisms are extremely extroverted, and his dominant functions are Extroverted Intuition and Introverted Thinking; he is able to see clear relationships between his actions and their outcomes using his Ne, enough to plan grandiose events well before the participants are even aware that there's a plot in the first place using his Ti. This, along with his end goal of destroying the structure of society -- with anarchism, chaos and a disregard for social structure being common themes/interests with ENTPs -- points heavily toward his being an ENTP.

I could go into more detail, but I don't really want to keep wordvomiting if nobody is that interested.

Richard Mongler added to this post, 9 minutes and 2 seconds later...

Oh, and... The "brain creature thing" is Krang.

Thanks by the way. I forgot it was Krang.

Anyway, Your examples seem to indicate that he is definitely a TJ if anything. I agree with you that the Joker is a planner in the "The Dark Knight" as well as the cartoons. If he is a planner, then he is more than likely a J. Read this from socionics, it sounds just like you described him when you said...

" - Showing his dislike of chance/randomness, he refuses to kill Batman when the opportunity presents itself because he himself did not plan the circumstances leading up to the opportunity. (The Joker's Five-Way Revenge)"

From Socionics:

"Judging types usually plan their actions beforehand and try to follow this plan. They tend to choose the shortest distance to the target moving along in a direct line. In a stable atmosphere this behaviour is optimal because it allows Judging types to calculate the most optimal life. However, a changing situation causes Judging types trouble with fulfilling their plans. These changes put more obstacles in the way, which as a result cause Judging types to put the execution of their plans on hold for an indefinite period of time until either the obstacle moves away by itself or another decision alters their plans prompting them to change direction. This is explained by the fact that Judging types have judging elements present at the information inputs. These elements will not allow information to pass through until a decision to act is made. Regular alternation of plans is irritating for Judging types and as a result they cope badly with situations containing a high irrationality factor."

Closed Thread