Criminal Minds - Who is your fav character? television
Old 03-18-2009, 12:05 AM   #1
Jesseh
Veteran Member [65%]
All that I know is that I know nothing
MBTI: INTJ

I've come to like this show called "Criminal Minds". My favorite character is Dr. Spencer Reid (aka Matthew Gray Gubler). He's got an IQ of 186, is a young prodigy, socially awkward, never dates, throws himself into his work, is extremely attractive to me with his oversized head - paleness - tall and lanky... *zones out and drools slightly* Um...yeah - I do believe he's probably an INTJ too, or at very least an INTP (probably why I think he's wicked). So (assuming you watch the show) who is YOUR favorite character?

Old 03-18-2009, 12:30 AM   #2
Stratego
Veteran Member [57%]
"All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsion, habit, reason, passion, and desire. "  Aristotle
MBTI: INTj

He's my favorite character too...(Dr.Reid)

And before they replaced him, Mandy Patinkin was awesome to me. He's still awesome.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:33 AM   #3
Corleone
Core Member [163%]
Rap is nothing you can put in a movie with a bunch of turtles!
MBTI: INxJ

Rossi, because I have a thing for old cops. They have a protective fatherly quality to them, like Martin Sheen's character in The Departed, and Pacino in Heat.

Garcia is funny.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:15 AM   #4
rwyatt365
Core Member [262%]
Proud member of GOIF!

Mandy Patinkin's character was the only one that I enjoyed, because he was enigmatic. I'm pretty lukewarm to the rest of the cast. For me, the criminals are the most fascinating.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:56 AM   #5
elsdfr
Veteran Member [57%]

I like the show but yeah... the criminals and crimes are the most fascinating, the main characters are good but they are so melo.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:35 AM   #6
Viktor
New Member [01%]
MBTI: INFJ

My girlfriend has a thing for Reid, while I have a thing for Garcia. :P

EDIT: She is probably ENTP, by the way. My girlfriend that is.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:26 AM   #7
Mozzes
Veteran Member [50%]

MBTI: xxxx

Gideon was the only interesting character on the show. Now that he's gone there's not much that appeals to me.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:37 AM   #8
Jesseh
Veteran Member [65%]
All that I know is that I know nothing

I think that the criminals are the most interesting and the things they use, they -barely- go into the personal lives. Just a little, much less than some OTHER crime shows I see. I think that Garcia and Reid are necessary to the shows success in a few ways. Reids awkwardness but intelligence and pwnage over dumbos is cute, and Penelope's linux set up was killer and so is her style. I love the way she dresses, but they make her look chubbier in the show than offset. Or she just loses weight in between seasons. /me facepalm my family enjoys the enquirer and anything gossiping about celebrities lol. But yeah, REID IS HAWT.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:16 PM   #9
cscboulder11
Member [05%]

Rossi is my favorite, Hotch a close second. Personally, I like it that they don't go into a personal aspect of a team much. I like them focusing on the killers (the Reaper was very well done).
Old 02-06-2012, 01:53 PM   #10
Phaze228
Member [33%]
Shrewd
MBTI: ENTP

Gideon.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #11
theiceman
Member [42%]
"Everything you put faith in is a mockery of the truth. Safety is a lie, peace is an illusion, and love is transient. The seeds of corruption will grow in the hearts of all humanity.

I only watched the first two season but I would say that Reid was my favorite character. My parents thought it was always funny to watch Reid because they said that he reminds them of what they think I'm going to be like when I'm older. I took it as a compliment but there are some similarities there. I liked Gideon's character as well but the show got pretty stale quickly. I don't even stop the channel surfing when I see that the new episodes are on.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #12
idoj
Banned

I never can tell if I want to fuck Reid or if I want his hairdresser's number... but yeah... Reid all the way... but I haven't watched it since they made him a junkie... Maybe it's a tie between him and Penelope? I relate to her more closely... but I would rather hit on Reid than the hunk of man meat she wastes her flirtations on...
Old 02-07-2012, 11:58 PM   #13
instruMENTAL
Member [02%]

Definitely Reid, but with Hotch as a close second. I feel people seem to just forget about Hotch sometimes, but really, he's just awesome.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:16 AM   #14
Anarkos
New Member [01%]

My favorite would probably have to be Giddeon, then Aaron.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:20 AM   #15
Hercules
New Member [01%]

spencer reid. identify with him very much.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #16
MissionPossible
Member [10%]

Definitely a Reid junkie here.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:02 PM   #17
wittykitty
Member [23%]
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
MBTI: XXXX

Garcia and Hotch.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:37 PM   #18
Warrior
Core Member [369%]

Morgan. He's the tactical guy.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:50 AM   #19
pfft
New Member [01%]
MBTI: INTP

reid and gideon..
Old 04-08-2012, 09:19 PM   #20
Ambra
Core Member [139%]
Impressively dumb ass.
MBTI: xxxx

I liked Reid until he was captured and drugged. Then he kind of became icky, crying about childhood bullies and detoxing.

I like Hotch. He is always cool, always on the mark. He is a good leader too, resilient.

I really liked Gideon too, but ah well.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:22 PM   #21
akairo no kuma
Member [03%]
Do you believe what you see?

I haven't seen all of the series, although I do intend to finish it eventually.
I very much enjoy Reid and Garcia, and I like the dynamic between Garcia and Morgan, personally. I also like the Hotch/Rossi bromance, and I loved Gideon.
I have a lot of value for the character development and the dynamics between characters as a whole. If you watch it with your Ni and not with your Te, there's a lot to analyze. The significance of each episode, each case, each interaction, on individual character development as well as the team development as a whole... it's pretty profound. A lot of people get too caught up in what Gideon leaving the show meant to them personally, but the character and team development that happened after the fact was very interesting. I analyze the characters as much as, if not more than, I analyze the criminals they're studying and pursuing.
Shitstorm debate, re: Criminal Minds MBTI -- Hotch/Reid. ISTJ/INTJ or INTJ/INTP (respectively)? Give specific reasons, cite specific occurrences that compel you to think one or the other. Think it's something else? Same thing - I want logic and facts, people. I see this argument constantly, and who better to figure the puzzle out than a forum full of INTJs?
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:35 AM   #22
ButterflyPsyche
Member [36%]
MBTI: eNFP

My ex-best friend told me that I was a lot like Garcia once, so I really need to see this show... I wanna meet my twin!
Old 07-15-2012, 01:06 AM   #23
warweasel
Member [10%]

Gideon

Tags
television