Picky Eaters? None
Old 11-19-2008, 05:10 PM   #1
Mylofian
New Member [01%]

MBTI: INTJ

Are any of you other INTJ's out there as picky of eaters as I am? I feel like I've found a small group of foods that I really love and I'll just continue to eat them over and over without ever getting sick of them. These include pizza, seafood, hot dogs, yogurt, pasta, soup, bread, steak, and especially any form of cheese. Whenever I go to restaurants, I'll always order the same thing. I just feel like I have already determined what my favorite foods are (based on taste, cost, and convenience) and I just don't feel the need to really expand outside of this area and try new things all the time. Does anyone else feel this way? It may not really be related to personality type at all, but I think there might be a correlation. Let me know!

Old 11-19-2008, 05:26 PM   #2
Vagrant
Core Member [162%]
Bananaphone. Boop boop boo-doo-ba-doop!

I'm picky in the sense that if my nose doesn't like it, I will refuse to eat it.

I usually can regard things by sight as well. Apparently my eyes are good at spotting what's appealing to me, and what's not, even in foods I don't know.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:52 PM   #3
changos
Member [48%]
Male INTJ - 30 years old.

I will bore you explaining how I got here, but I eat whatever is on the plate. I don't eat things that move or alive things but I find it very interesting (the world as a whole) to try new and healthy things. I'm not picky at all. I guess it all comes down with my lifestyle (mountains, survival and being aware that I'm not that special, I'm only "alive")
Old 11-20-2008, 12:42 AM   #4
Mylofian
New Member [01%]

Originally Posted by changos
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and being aware that I'm not that special, I'm only "alive")

That's cool. Sometimes I feel that way too. Like it doesn't matter if I eat something that might look and smell absolutely disgusting because really my body doesn't care. It can still digest it. It must be more of a psychological thing.

Old 11-20-2008, 12:50 AM   #5
Wordsmith
Member [03%]

I won't eat one food because of a bad experience and there are a few I don't enjoy but I'll finish whatever is put in front of me. In general though I'm not a picky eater. I'll eat just about anything and try anything once. I do find myself in a rut as to what I eat, but most of that I can blame on the fact that I live on campus and thus eat at a cafeteria.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:49 AM   #6
Jgib5328
Member [47%]

I'm a very picky eater and don't like to eat new things. I've been eating the same things pretty much for the past 3 years, I tend to switch up little things though.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:57 AM   #7
changos
Member [48%]
Male INTJ - 30 years old.

Originally Posted by Mylofian
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...because really my body doesn't care. It can still digest it. It must be more of a psychological thing.

That might be a clue. I hardly get indigestion even if my friends get so for eating the same things as me. After an incident with my ex at the hospital, the doctor explained that some people react very different to bacterias, we all have some of them inside but some lack immunity or tolerance. This can be built.

Being "all terrain" allows you to be at almost any place without loosing comfort.

Old 11-20-2008, 12:10 PM   #8
braeden
New Member [01%]

I guess I'm also a picky eater. I have this set of "safe foods", which I'm slowly expanding. I don't like to try foods that have lots of ingredients I'm not familiar with mixed together.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:06 PM   #9
Kisai
Core Member [440%]
Mad, bad, and dangerous to know.
MBTI: XXXX

I'll eat almost everything: durian, venison, live jumping baby shrimp, alligator, turtle, pork blood, sea urchin, octopus, wild boar, ostrich, buffalo, crickets, queen ants, mealworms..
Old 11-22-2008, 12:20 PM   #10
Tea
New Member [01%]

Originally Posted by Mylofian
I feel like I've found a small group of foods that I really love and I'll just continue to eat them over and over without ever getting sick of them. These include pizza, seafood, hot dogs, yogurt, pasta, soup, bread, steak, and especially any form of cheese. Whenever I go to restaurants, I'll always order the same thing. I just feel like I have already determined what my favorite foods are (based on taste, cost, and convenience) and I just don't feel the need to really expand outside of this area and try new things all the time.

Yes, yes and yes!
If I had my way... I'd probably have a rough schedule of exactly what to eat, every single meal, every single day :D mmmm delish.

Old 11-22-2008, 01:25 PM   #11
AliTree
Member [39%]
lul wut?

i'm an extremely picky eater. if you've seen big bang theory, i am sheldon. hahaha
Old 11-22-2008, 03:08 PM   #12
White Raven
Member [03%]

MBTI: INTj

I'm not picky -- there's just stuff I like and there's no reason to get out of the rut, so why bother? I mean, of course there's foods I hate and won't eat...
Old 11-22-2008, 07:03 PM   #13
KalaKesar
Member [02%]

I'm not particular BUT....

Food must not touch. This is a source of amusement for G, who is typically respectful but with impish delight will occasionally slop food together on my plate. He likes my reaction, something like hitting Spock with a skunk.

I nearly freaked the other night when R's cornbread slid into her lake of ketchup. I almost shrieked. She laughed.

Food must be in distinct piles with invisible boundaries. Physical boundaries would be better. I look at divided toddler plates with envy. I maintain a semblance of normalcy for the most part but a buffet with tiny plates makes me uncomfortable.

There must be order, control. I will stop that stampede of the corn into the steak sauce! Gravy on mashed taters is allowed, but any leaks must be dammed before the beans get flooded. Flavor integrity is at risk.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:55 PM   #14
penny lane
New Member [01%]

I am not really a picky eater, I just like very bland foods. I love turkey and lettuce sandwiches....everyone makes fun of me when I order them at really fancy deli's. I believe food does not need alot of condiments and jazz if it's good quality....I am a connoisseur.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:04 PM   #15
NephilimAzrael
Member [22%]
MBTI: XXXX

Not a picky eater.. Work off the motto: Eat when you can, where you can, what you can.. And do not think about your next meal, unless you make it well.

One of my first masteries was cooking.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:48 AM   #16
Shadow
New Member [01%]

I used to be a picky eater, but having to pick off foods i didn't like became too time consuming. Now I pretty much try any food at least once, even if I assume I won't like it after a bite and go back to the foods I trust.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:14 AM   #17
silversun
New Member [01%]

Originally Posted by KalaKesar
I'm not particular BUT....

Food must not touch. This is a source of amusement for G, who is typically respectful but with impish delight will occasionally slop food together on my plate. He likes my reaction, something like hitting Spock with a skunk.

I nearly freaked the other night when R's cornbread slid into her lake of ketchup. I almost shrieked. She laughed.

Food must be in distinct piles with invisible boundaries. Physical boundaries would be better. I look at divided toddler plates with envy. I maintain a semblance of normalcy for the most part but a buffet with tiny plates makes me uncomfortable.

There must be order, control. I will stop that stampede of the corn into the steak sauce! Gravy on mashed taters is allowed, but any leaks must be dammed before the beans get flooded. Flavor integrity is at risk.

OMG
I totally feel the same way!
Whenever my syrup gets into my eggs, I get really upset

Anyways I'm picky but I try new things anyways. I don't think I'll ever like seafood, and there are lots of vegetables I don't like (seriously, I've tried them and I just don't like them). Seafood just smells bad.. ick!
When I was younger I didn't like soda, tacos, potatoes, or mushrooms. I like all of them now, though! Mushrooms is a new development. Ever since I went to Japan I started eating them.

Old 11-23-2008, 03:06 PM   #18
Nikita
Core Member [555%]
MBTI: INTP

I'm kinda picky, but I do love variety so I can almost always find something decent in any place.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:59 PM   #19
dragonsscout
Member [47%]
Back for the holidays!

I used to be a somewhat picky eater, now I'm basically vegetarian to avoid all the meats that I don't like. I'm not picky at all about how old the food is, though I eat one part of a meal at a time (ie all of my turkey, then all of my mashed potatoes, then all of my cranberry sauce).
Old 11-23-2008, 04:13 PM   #20
Ace1337
Member [10%]
MBTI: ENTJ

Yes I'm picky. Not only in eating, in life too :D

Regarding food, I usually know if the food will taste good by only looking at it or smelling it. Maybe it's intuition or something.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:38 AM   #21
asongforgrace
New Member [01%]
play it cool, boy

I used to be very picky, but I like to think I'm doing better now - although foods that I do not like, I will not eat. Because why would you?
But there was a hint in the inital post about repetitive eating - I am very guilty. I hardly look at the menu when I go out to eat; I generally know what I will have before I get there (with small variations, perhaps), be it Italian, Chinese, Vegitarian, Indian, Pub meal, etc. And I tend to figure out a few basic meals/snack combinations and stick to them. Although I do branch out sliiightly more when I'm in a different environment - on holiday or similar.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:58 PM   #22
probity
Member [21%]
MBTI: ISTP

I'm not very picky but I go through various stages where I only want to eat certain things. I'm usually just picky when it comes to my food touching. I like it all separated and if it touches I eat around the parts that touch other foods.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:23 AM   #23
Golbez
New Member [01%]

Im somewhat picky, i dont like stuff that isnt cooked right or anything left over.
And i HATE it when people have to touch the food you're about to eat
Old 11-25-2008, 01:55 AM   #24
Bee
New Member [01%]

I'm way too picky.

And the sad thing about that is that I'm much better compared to when I was little.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:46 PM   #25
Sublemon
New Member [01%]
MBTI: intj

Very picky. I'll basically decline to eat anything at all when I'm forced along to an ethnic restaurant. College has made this marginally better because I'm either pushed to the brink of starvation at times or get embarrassed about ordering the same food over and over at a cafeteria or deli.

I remember having to take vitamins as a child because I was refusing to eat some foods.