My correct Enneagram Type, 5w4 None
Old 06-02-2013, 04:24 AM   #1
UnrequitedMind
Member [20%]
MBTI: INFJ

After doing all the research needed, to be 100% accurate with my MBTI type. I decided to make sure that I have my Enneagram type right also. I previously posted that I was a 5w6, this was incorrect. After digging very hard for the truth, It was a battle between 5w4 and 4w5.

I can say now with 100% certainty, that it is 5w4. If I'm honest with my self, it is easy to see that I jump around between the Low Average to Unhealthy levels, but once in a while I do feel normal. As far as outward display goes, I'm not as psychotic as some of my posts, I can actually detach and enjoy moments with people at times, but some days I need to be alone, and it is not just because of introversion, it is because I really don't want to be around mankind. On these days, people might suspect something is wrong with me, " You doing okay? " of course I respond with " Ya, I'm fine ". What I'm really thinking about, is lots of troubling things, and being troubled by the fact that no one else understands, and even if they tried it wouldn't be as deep as how I'm thinking about it. Then I get pissed because I don't want to think about it, I try to open up a little to someone about it, without going too far, just to gauge a reaction, and I'm met with indifference, or a lack of understanding.

I definitely feel like I have dug too deep into the abyss, dark areas of the mind and history of humanity. Things I could read about before with ease when I was younger and not be effected by now, trouble me a great deal. The way I use to see it, is the way most others see it.

Realizing that life actually has no meaning, except for what I inject into it, is also very scary. The many unanswered questions, that no philosopher, scientist, or religion has been able to answer.

I feel like a brain trapped in flesh, that is at a specific grid coordinate, that might change grid coordinate's so that I can prolong my mortal existence.

I'm not special or intelligent enough to have love, but even if I was would I want it? Because I like my free time too, to not be tied down by expectations. Even If I found the right mixture to throw in my cauldron, it might boil over.

I want to be alone, to dig deep into whatever it is I'm interested in during that time, Work already leaves me with so little time. I also want to be loved though, by someone who understands this and accepts it as a part of who I am.

I guess, even understanding how true this is, it is easy to say that it matters, but doesn't matter, all at the same time. People have suffered horrible fates and will continue to do so far past our lifetime, so If my fate doesn't ever match my imagination, it is ok because just having another day of breath, is an amazing gift in it self. Even more so, because the only truth we have of life after death is the end of consciousness, it is the only one that we can say for sure will happen, if the 1,000 other ideas of where we go when die are not true.

Old 06-02-2013, 06:36 AM   #2
GhostShadow
Member [10%]
"Nothing here but ghosts and shadows"
MBTI: INTJ

Why dont INFJs summarise stuff? ._.
I just read the first paragraph.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:18 AM   #3
digrizj
Core Member [125%]
“Courage doesn't always roar.  Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’”  ― Mary Anne Radmacher

Hmm, I thought there was a strong correlation between 5w4 and INTJ. I don't know, Enneagram type descriptions cast a pretty wide net. It could potentially be a source of self-fulfilling prophecy. The thing is, personalities are like fingerprints (no two are alike and change as surface damages accumulate over the life of the subject).
Old 06-02-2013, 11:26 AM   #4
Antares
Core Member [219%]

Originally Posted by digrizj
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hmm, I thought there was a strong correlation between 5w4 and INTJ. I don't know, Enneagram type descriptions cast a pretty wide net. It could potentially be a source of self-fulfilling prophecy. The thing is, personalities are like fingerprints (no two are alike and change as surface damages accumulate over the life of the subject).

INTJs seem evenly split between 5w6 and 5w4. I'm 5w4 myself.

Old 06-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #5
back
Banned

MBTI: XxxX

Not me, im 3w4. The designation doesnt make sense to me at all. Im always forgetting my ennegram so i had to put it in my profile. How does 2 numbers reflect who i am?
Enneagram is shady and doesnt provide clues or tips for living. Its purely descriptive. Discuss
Old 06-02-2013, 07:43 PM   #6
digrizj
Core Member [125%]
“Courage doesn't always roar.  Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’”  ― Mary Anne Radmacher

That's kind of what I was getting at, i.e., Enneagram is more out there when it tries to delve into motivations. The problem is, multiple motivations can and do converge into a given behavioral expression. I suspect Enneagram types are intentionally made vague so one can usually find something that rings true for oneself, much like astrology or even Chinese zodiac.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:41 AM   #7
UnrequitedMind
Member [20%]

I really shouldn't try to discuss something I don't feel completely competent in yet. It is easier because it is on the forum, but the only thing I can say is that being very objective about the enneagram, it is still proving to be decently accurate. Even after I completely figure it out, or at least my 75% understanding of it and how it applies to my self and others, it will just be something running in the background of my mind, not taken extremely seriously, or I won't let on to others that it is, because I won't trust that they will understand or be willing to hear my thoughts on it.

If it helps with personal growth and relating to others, then I have gained a useful tool. The disintegration and growth rings very true. The way I have to research it, isn't just to read a bit and be done with it, I have to compulsively go through everything, all the material online, all the forums, find suggested books, that I won't get until I have validated that they are the right one or close to it, and to get more books if I'm not happy with the ones I have gotten. It isn't until I go through all these stages and be honest with my self, that I can have an accurate opinion on the Enneagram or how valid it is in my self or others.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:52 AM   #8
davai
Core Member [236%]

MBTI: INFP

Originally Posted by UnrequitedMind
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
It was a battle between 5w4 and 4w5.

I can say now with 100% certainty, that it is 5w4.

Good stuff. What gave it away, the average to unhealthy levels? (Got a personal stake in this very issue, still can't say for sure)

Old 06-05-2013, 08:40 PM   #9
Kirsanov
Member [22%]

As pseudo-science(y) as MBTI becomes at times, the enneagram has some funky followers. I have used it once or twice as a supplement to MBTI, but man the hardcore enneagrammers are as whacked out as Bullshit.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:58 PM   #10
Haumea
Core Member [108%]

I have used it once or twice as a supplement to MBTI, but man the hardcore enneagrammers are as whacked out as Bullshit.

Oh, you must be operating at an Unhealthy level to make that comment.

No, I kid. Enneagram seems to be actually useful for personal growth. MBTI is just interesting to know, but fails to distinguish between clearly different levels of functioning.

But then "science" gets the vapors when you broach anything spiritual.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:08 PM   #11
davai
Core Member [236%]

MBTI: INFP

"Enneagrammers" may be whacked out but MBTI functionists are no better.

My Ti said this, my Fe does this and hates your Te for what it said about my sisters Ni... and so on.

Prime candidates for the insane asylum. Schizo inducing fun to talk about with your selves though.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:10 AM   #12
Kirsanov
Member [22%]

@davai
That is my chief concern with those who ask what <insert action here> is this cognitive function. It becomes some sick online game played out in real life where people feel they need to "level up" or work on their other functions...don't you have enough to worry about?

@Haumea
I think enneagram and MBTI are only as good as you make them out to be. Surprise, surprise I am one of the few INTPs who is religious. Anyways, I have a faith so I don't need some New Age spiritualists telling me the glories of the enneagram. I have no qualms with using it as a personality tool though, when you make into a horoscope...you get the picture.

Edit: I didn't know the pod people caused enough controversy for their name to be censored. Those are the people I was referring to in addition to the hardcore enneagrammers and of course the "my life is a function" group.