Pros and Cons of being an Introvert None
Old 11-17-2008, 10:39 AM   #1
errrzarrr
Member [15%]
no advertising
MBTI: INTJ

This is To all the MBTI types. Introverteds, extroverteds, INTJs and non-INTJs, Rationals, Idealists, whatever you are share what you think:

Pros and Cons of being an Introverted

Just try to put the same amount of points of both, Pros and Cons. Just for the equilibrium's sake. Nothing more.

Old 11-17-2008, 02:06 PM   #2
Homini Lupus
Member [30%]
Me ne frego.

Pros.
-More stability: the important things are carried within, where it is difficult for the external world to reach them so there is less worrying about loosing status or similar things
-Wherever you go, you carry most of your world with you.
-You can be happy with few things
-As your internal world is rich, you can give value to poor external stimuli (finding the interesting side of non interesting things)

Cons
-Misunderstandings due to poor comunication. You are more likely to be seen as something you are not. Most of the times it doesn't really matter, but sometimes you pay a price.
-You may fail to enjoy some interesting external stimuly because of internal problems or lack of attention.
-Things around you are always somewhat unsatisfaying since they fail to meet your standards.
-Sometimes internal factors may lead you to huge errors in analyzing external world.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:26 PM   #3
Marcus
Member [25%]
Do not feed the bear!

Pro: More understanding.
Con: Less life.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:47 PM   #4
Vagrant
Core Member [162%]
Bananaphone. Boop boop boo-doo-ba-doop!

Pro:
- Less rampant hypocrisy (more analytical of self)
- Better at operating by themselves.

Con:
- Less friends
- Inclined to feel lonely or isolated
Old 11-17-2008, 03:50 PM   #5
Vivid
Member [08%]
Shit Happens =)
MBTI: ISTJ

Major con:
- Prone to because unfit hermits.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:03 PM   #6
Gone7
Member [05%]

MBTI: xNTJ

Pro -not dependent on People
Con-Can't blend in good
Old 11-17-2008, 07:31 PM   #7
Vagrant
Core Member [162%]

Originally Posted by Gone7
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pro -not dependent on People
Con-Can't blend in good

Actually, I sometimes blend in a little too well. I can be almost invisible to people.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:41 PM   #8
Claptonian
Member [16%]

Based on my experience:

Pro: More contemplative and insightful.

Con: Less outgoing.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:46 PM   #9
SeaCzar
Veteran Member [66%]
Honi soit qui mal y pense

Pro: More enlightened.

Con: Less engaging.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:57 PM   #10
Undead Bonzi
Member [49%]
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.
MBTI: ESFP

Pro: You can think for yourself and stand on your own.

Con: 75%+ of the remaining population doesn't.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:42 PM   #11
jikin
Member [26%]
MBTI: ENFJ

Pros: Not co-Dependant
You don't need others to entertain you.
Thinking for yourself

Cons: misunderstood
being ignored
never quite knowing how to connect with the population at large
people assume that there is something wrong with you
Old 11-17-2008, 08:51 PM   #12
hullolife
Member [16%]

MBTI: iNTP

Pros: tend to be thin
Cons: you forget to eat ...rofl

LOL i made those up, but anyone willing to validate them?
Old 11-17-2008, 08:53 PM   #13
Autoptic
Core Member [105%]
"Invader's blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! The pants command me. Do not ignore my veins!" Frycook Zim

Originally Posted by hullolife
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Invalidate actually, a number are overweight because they eat a convenient diet and find exercise boring.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:57 PM   #14
hullolife
Member [16%]

Originally Posted by Autoptic
Invalidate actually, a number are overweight because they eat a convenient diet and find exercise boring.

Hmm...then my pros and cons may be for a different characteristic.... T and F?

Old 11-17-2008, 09:01 PM   #15
quin
New Member [01%]
Just a dude idling through life and seein' the sights on the way.
MBTI: IxTP

well i am thin, usually dont forget to eat though

Pro: self-awareness/realization, intuition
con: misunderstanding

Old 11-18-2008, 12:03 AM   #16
Vagrant
Core Member [162%]

No, a couple of the members here have stated they are overweight. I think it's more a matter of personal habits.

Like, I eat the worst food possible (think Burger King once a day). But that's because I use it all up with skateboarding or mental energy. I haven't gained any weight at all, because I work it off.

Now if anybody ate the same diet I do, but didn't skateboard, you could sure as hell bet they would be fat.

Ironically, I find my body desiring after food that nutritionally is best for me at the time. I noticed about a month after I started learning how to skateboard, that the only food I actually wanted to eat was fast food. Checked my weight, and lo and behold, I had dropped 10-15 lbs. So I recognized that my body was trying to make up for that lost weight.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:08 AM   #17
hullolife
Member [16%]

Originally Posted by Vagrant
No, a couple of the members here have stated they are overweight. I think it's more a matter of personal habits.

Like, I eat the worst food possible (think Burger King once a day). But that's because I use it all up with skateboarding or mental energy. I haven't gained any weight at all, because I work it off.

Now if anybody ate the same diet I do, but didn't skateboard, you could sure as hell bet they would be fat.

But maybe INT's generally put energy towards things they love and... I don't know.

Overweight introverts come out come out where ever you are.

(sorry for offending people it's not my intention, this parenthetical addition is me practicing F)

hullolife added to this post, 2 minutes and 37 seconds later...

P.S. that's cool vagrant...our bodies are smarter than we think wowowow :D

Old 11-18-2008, 12:39 AM   #18
Jgib5328
Member [47%]

Pros: Independence, more insight, cool subjective inner world, really interesting thoughts

Cons: Social flaws, difficulty fitting in, timidness, misunderstandings
Old 11-18-2008, 12:47 AM   #19
Moondyn
Member [08%]

Pros: A complex inner world of thoughts that never stop evolving into new thoughts, No exhaustion from too much negative social experience.

Cons: Less expressive in physical world, gets less attention even if smarter than everyone else because isn't willing to assert it louder and clearer then the competition.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:15 AM   #20
PRBori
Suspended

Pros: Independent of others, Excellent Contingency Planners and Problem Solver, Great Analyst, Organized and focus on meeting specific goals within specific timeframe, Persistent, Goal Oriented, Highly Intelligent, Fast Learners, Great at analyzing personal issues and making the necessary re-structure steps to work on them for career and financial enhancements mainly...(be nice if I could break out of the I to solve the social aspects outside of work) , interesting way of viewing the Big Picture and processing thoughts on areas of interests...

Cons: Less likely to enjoy social gatherings, feeling of loneliness, often mis-understood by others, limited friends outside of the work environment, hermit or hibernating behavior, difficulty fitting in social environments outside of work related events, lack of interest on common topics for the other types (i.e., sports, news, politics, movies, entertainment,etc.) not associated with self-enhancements or career goals
Old 11-18-2008, 02:59 AM   #21
Bill
New Member [01%]

Pros:
- ability to make independent decisions
- not reliant upon others
- good at problem solving
- great critical skills

Cons:
- trouble enjoying and being comfortable at social gatherings
- inability to 'get out of our heads' and just enjoy things
- prone to loneliness
Old 11-18-2008, 06:09 AM   #22
braeden
New Member [01%]

Pros:
1) If I compare myself to couple of ENTJs I know, it would seem that I get a lot more things done. Especially things that require time, patience and long-term commitment. They usually just end up talking "how it would be nice to do this and that" and never get to it. I guess they don't like so much doing things alone and are trying to get other people involved (which is often hard, especially in the long run).

2) I think introverts have a lot more time on their hands because we don't have to load our social batteries (at least not so often). Extroverts "waste" a lot of personal time by hanging around in all kinds of get-togethers and thus have less time for themself.

Cons:
1) Extroverts have it easier in almost all situations just because they get along with people better than introverts. You can get far just by being social. We introverts actually have to be competent.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:37 PM   #23
errrzarrr
Member [15%]
no advertising

WoW! lots of participation and lots of interesting posts to read. But hey I only see I's posting, this thread is for everybody. E's, I's, INTJ's and non-INTJs... So I hope to see other types posting their opinions.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:30 PM   #24
darkeldar88
Member [05%]

Ok here is a nice summary of what everyone has said so far

Pros:
More stability: the important things are carried within, where it is difficult for the external world to reach them so there is less worrying about loosing status or similar things
Wherever you go, you carry most of your world with you.
You can be happy with few things
As your internal world is rich, you can give value to poor external stimuli (finding the interesting side of non interesting things)
More understanding.
Less rampant hypocrisy (more analytical of self)
Better at operating by themselves.
Not dependent on People
tend to be thin (some people)
ability to make independent decisions
not reliant upon others
good at problem solving
great critical skills
Independent of others, Excellent Contingency Planners and Problem Solver, Great
Analyst, Organized and focus on meeting specific goals within specific timeframe, Persistent,
Goal Oriented, Highly Intelligent, Fast Learners, Great at analyzing personal issues and making the necessary re-structure steps to work on them for career and financial enhancements mainly...(be nice if I could break out of the I to solve the social aspects outside of work) , interesting way of viewing the Big Picture and processing thoughts on areas of interests...
Pros: A complex inner world of thoughts that never stop evolving into new thoughts, No exhaustion from too much negative social experience.
Independence, more insight, cool subjective inner world, really interesting thoughts
self-awareness/realization, intuition
More contemplative and insightful.
More enlightened.
You can think for yourself and stand on your own.
Not co-Dependant
You don't need others to entertain you.
Thinking for yourself

Cons:

Misunderstandings due to poor comunication. You are more likely to be seen as something you are not. Most of the times it doesn't really matter, but sometimes you pay a price.
You may fail to enjoy some interesting external stimuly because of internal problems or lack of attention.
Things around you are always somewhat unsatisfaying since they fail to meet your standards.
Sometimes internal factors may lead you to huge errors in analyzing external world.
Less life.
Less friends
Inclined to feel lonely or isolated
Prone to because unfit hermits.
Can't blend in good
you forget to eat ...rofl (some people)
trouble enjoying and being comfortable at social gatherings
inability to 'get out of our heads' and just enjoy things
prone to loneliness
Less likely to enjoy social gatherings, feeling of loneliness, often mis-understood by others, limited friends outside of the work environment, hermit or hibernating behavior, difficulty fitting in social environments outside of work related events, lack of interest on common topics for the other types (i.e., sports, news, politics, movies, entertainment,etc.) not associated with self-enhancements or career goals
Cons: Less expressive in physical world, gets less attention even if smarter than everyone else because isn't willing to assert it louder and clearer then the competition.
Social flaws, difficulty fitting in, timidness, misunderstandings
misunderstanding
Less outgoing.
Less engaging.
75%+ of the remaining population doesn't.
Misunderstood
Being ignored
never quite knowing how to connect with the population at large
people assume that there is something wrong with you
Old 11-19-2008, 02:22 PM   #25
rztrnc
New Member [01%]

MBTI: intj

Pro - Can easily keep ourselves occupied.
Con - Can get easily exhausted in social situations.