The Cube Game None
Old 04-24-2012, 12:49 PM   #1
Reizu
Member [40%]
MBTI: INTJ

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

So how accurate do you think it is? For me, only the first part was at all accurate, but that's probably because I stopped putting effort into my visualization after that.

Old 04-24-2012, 01:00 PM   #2
davai
Core Member [247%]
MBTI: xxxx

I can't/don't want to settle on any single aspect. What does that mean?
Old 04-24-2012, 01:16 PM   #3
Reizu
Member [40%]

Originally Posted by davai
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I can't/don't want to settle on any single aspect. What does that mean?

I guess that means you don't know yourself very well? Or a lot of different personality aspects apply to you? That's all I can infer from what the test asks for and what those things mean.

My cube had a different color on each side, so I think I know how you feel. Maybe you should just try not to think about it too much.

Old 04-24-2012, 01:20 PM   #4
davai
Core Member [247%]

Originally Posted by Reizu
Maybe you should just try not to think about it too much.

Sort of almost...impossible. I've come across this thing before though. Maybe that voids any future attempt I make at it...

Old 04-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #5
Reizu
Member [40%]

Sort of almost...impossible. I've come across this thing before though. Maybe that voids any future attempt I make at it...

Yeah probably. How accurate was it the first time then?

Old 04-24-2012, 01:35 PM   #6
davai
Core Member [247%]

Yeah probably. How accurate was it the first time then?

If I remember rightly, vaguely hit and miss. I think I was more concerned with the interpretations that such and such should mean this or that. I tend to annoy the f**k out of people who give these tests to me.

Old 04-24-2012, 01:39 PM   #7
Reizu
Member [40%]

If I remember rightly, vaguely hit and miss. I think I was more concerned with the interpretations that such and such should mean this or that. I tend to annoy the f**k out of people who give these tests to me.

Ugh, I know how that is. Especially when you take certain types of tests often enough, you pretty much already know what each question is looking for. I had to actually TRAIN myself to answer honestly as opposed to answering for a specific result.

Old 04-24-2012, 03:47 PM   #8
Looc
Member [02%]

Mmmm, I feel like my placement of the items is completely organizational.

Cube: Back right
Made of steel, mirrors coat the outside

Ladder: Back left
Made of wood(brown), high

Horse: Front left
Tamed horse, not bound

Storm: In center
Small, didn't really think about how "long" it would stay >.>
Old 04-24-2012, 07:09 PM   #9
fokalina
Member [34%]
This is how we set our hearts at rest in his presence: If our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything.
1 John 3:19-20 speaks to me today

Haha, pretty accurate.
I'm not much of a visualizer, though.

My desert was barren, with a dark sky, and a sand storm over the entirety.

The cube was medium-sized (everything was, except the desert). And a very dark gray color, yet metallic in a very pretty, shiny way. And partly transparent. I felt good about it. It was like 'the prize'. It was also 3D, rotating, and not of any particular substance.

The ladder was kind of awkwardly floating some distance from the cube and had an average number of rungs.

The horse was strange looking. As in, it wasn't life-like. More cartoony. And it was standing still, unsure of what to do, but not tied down or saddled or anything.

And as I said before, the storm was all over. But not too terrible a storm. Just constant. The cube was sort of surrounded by clearness, however.

Really, the cube was reminiscent of the stars in Mario.

Anyway, yeah, that sounds pretty much like me. At least right now. Not sure about the boyfriend though.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:21 PM   #10
Frosted
Banned

MBTI: INTj

My dessert was flat, no hills, and had one very green cactus.

Cube: To the right, large, black, 3d.

Ladder: Large against the edge peripheral vision not to far from the cube. The ladder in my image had many rungs but I do not have many friends. Perhaps it symbolizes that more people like me than I tend to think or that I want more friends.

Horse: Brown, pointing to left and somewhat is to the left and far from the cube. Not tied, no saddle, but just standing there motionless.

Storm: Far to the back behind the cube. Small, strong, black clouds, not moving.

This was somewhat interesting.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:07 PM   #11
Arguendo
Member [07%]

I would imagine the standard INTJ response to be...

Huge opaque 3D black cube with a ladder placed miles away.

The ladder has no rungs.

The mundane looking horse is immobile.

The huge storm is hovering over the cube and will be staying for a lifetime.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:10 PM   #12
fokalina
Member [34%]
This is how we set our hearts at rest in his presence: If our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything.
1 John 3:19-20 speaks to me today

Originally Posted by Arguendo
I would imagine the standard INTJ response to be...

Huge opaque 3D black cube with a ladder placed miles away.

The ladder has no rungs.

The mundane looking horse is immobile.

The huge storm is hovering over the cube and will be staying for a lifetime.

lol. Mine actually wasn't too different.

What was yours?

Old 04-24-2012, 08:13 PM   #13
deckard
Member [46%]
MBTI: IsTJ

I don't know if scrolling down on the page influenced my visuals.

Black solid cube - near left in proximity to me (6ft)

Red Ladder - to the right of cube, not an extension ladder since it's in the middle of a desert. Indoor medium ladder for painting. (6-7ft)

Horse - 20ft away - Dark brown and domesticated but not tied down

Storm - pushed away, approaching slowly over the horizon - dark, strong.

Of course I've been to deserts before and that's how the storms usually were in the ones I stayed.

So I guess I'm a solid, not so transparent person. Keep friends at somewhat arms length and my potential partner is domesticated but free to go.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:20 PM   #14
Arguendo
Member [07%]

Originally Posted by fokalina
lol. Mine actually wasn't too different.

What was yours?

Mine is a medium size opaque 3D red cube in the smack center of the dessert. The ladder is leaning on it. The ladder is black and contains many rungs. The wild horse is running in circles around the cube. There is a small dwindling storm far away in the background.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:50 PM   #15
zetafunction
New Member [01%]

So how accurate do you think it is?

100% inaccurate and meaningless. Those types of tests where they assign meaning to objects is nothing more than geometrical astrology. There nothing scientific about it. Someone just makes up what the different options are and tries to pass it off as legitimate. If "Joe" had came up with the test instead of "Larry", the objects would have had a different meaning.

Old 04-30-2012, 01:53 AM   #16
fleets
Member [03%]

In the other version, the ladder is a symbol of ambition, rather than friends, whilst
'friends' are symbolized by the imagining of flowers and flower forms.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:44 PM   #17
omega2
New Member [01%]

it was surprisingly accurate for me. I wonder why it works so well for some people and is completely wrong for others. Is it just coincidence? i think so, but either way, pretty cool. I might try this on my friends some time.

@Arguendo That was pretty similar to my response. The only differences were that the cube was small and the horse moved. I don't know how to rate the attractiveness of a horse (if that's what you mean by "the horse looks mundane") so I didn't answer that. My perfect partner would look better than average but not be a supermodel or anything.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:10 PM   #18
Xanthippe
Member [15%]
MBTI: INTP

My cube was smallish, of an indeterminate pale grey colour but contrasting light and dark sides as if lit by strong sunlight, and made of something quite solid. The desert was vast enough that I couldn't say if it was in the centre or not.

My ladder was made of a pale, unfinished and somewhat weathered wood, and some distance to the right of the cube. It had about eight rungs and seemed well-proportioned/sturdy.

My horse was somewhere off to the left, and was shiny and brown with white markings. It was not saddled or tied down, and was rearing up. It was a lovely noble-looking stallion, haha...

The storm was far off, but strong and persistent.

For some reason my cube was next to a deep pool of clear blue water.

Oddly enough, that kind of worked. I'm a reasonably complex and changeable person, and I like some attention but am fairly private about the important things. My friends are distant but reliable, and probably somewhat neglected. I'd like to be with someone strong, handsome and noble (who wouldn't?), and I've never been much for clinginess. But the storm confused me, because I'll take a good thunderstorm over sun any day. If anything, it seemed like hope, while the strong sun on my cube was stressful and harsh.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:46 AM   #19
Joonas
Member [03%]

MBTI: entp

I kinda failed this one because I didn't close my eyes, and insisted on writing all my answers down on the fly, so I had little time to think. When imagining a desert, I just had my eyes pointed almost directly down towards the sand, so there was no scenery to be seen. All the objects I was supposed to think of were completely removed from each other. The only thing that sort of managed to stay along was the sandy ground.

My cube was a small, metallic, gold colored and finely patterned 3 dimensional thing that had fallen into the sand, and it was in the middle of the mental picture I had of it.

The ladder had 3 rungs, it flew in a black vacuum and the ladder was covered in green moss, making it greenish.

The horse had been plate mailed and had a stern glare on his face. The armor was also mainly colored green, and my idea was that the horse was either from hell or ready to fight hell. He wasn't about to go anywhere, more likely getting ready to defend.

I misheard storm as store, but after redoing that part, the storm was this one big approaching tornado on an otherwise clear, sunny day.