Muslim woman bludgeoned to death in own home None
Old 03-28-2012, 06:27 PM   #101
Bardas
Member [25%]

MBTI: xxxx

Originally Posted by Tengu
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The quote you posted was clearly aimed at Nowt in a clarification session. I'll say the same thing to you: I do not think she'll need your help. Nor do I understand why you'd care what's up between me and Nowt. Maybe you feel a bit emo about it for some reason, I cannot help that. It's something that lives inside you.

I actually quoted it because it made for a clear depiction of your hypocrisy. But nice try
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you would like a serous debate with arguments then I'll gladly take you on. But you are fully aware that your remarks here do not help nor do they have anything to do with a decent debate. So don't attack me in advance for ignoring you as if the wrong would be on my end. Either you wish and engage a serious debate or you don't. Furthermore, feel free to read before you post. I clearly mentioned my West Europe multiple times.

Then please, go ahead. I'll ignore the rest of what you said for the irrelevant, unfounded fluff that it is.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:07 AM   #102
Subgenius
Banned

MBTI: INTJ

Originally Posted by PRBori

All individuals regardless of their religious belief are persons who should be treated with respect and/or treated with justice...Nobody is better than the rest or above anyone. We were all created equal.

No. They aren't, and not everyone is equal.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:10 AM   #103
stasis
Administrator
morbid cliché.
MBTI: INTP

Nobody is better than the rest or above anyone. We were all created equal.

Ideologies are not created equal.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:24 PM   #104
mieu
Core Member [194%]
/)^3^(\
MBTI: xNTx

The half-shut eyes were dim with the infinite cynicism of adult life. They assured Simon that everything was a bad business.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:33 PM   #105
PRBori
Suspended

Originally Posted by Subgenius
No. They aren't, and not everyone is equal.

Equal to me is not on the material and/or intellectual aspects but rather physical needs. As far as I know we all have the same needs and similar physical aspects...

- must eat and drink
- must pi and poop
- we all have 5 fingers, 5 toes, 2 eyes, 2 ears, 1 nose, 1 mouth, 2 legs, 2 arms with the exception of few
- we all get sick and die
- women go thru birth pain and monthly
- men are lucky in the sense they do not have to give pain
- and we are all created the same way by billions of amazing cells that develop our overall look based on the DNA configuration (hint hint... an egg and sperm is required, even if it is developed in a lab)
- and based on the gender either a penis or vagina, with the exception of few who have both

So, enlighten me, how do we differ outside of thinking and beliefs?

If you know anyone who does not go thru the above, I would be interested in learning more. Something like an actual born man giving birth, someone who doesn't have to poop in their life, or something in those terms. Then and only then, I could re-analyzed my statement.

---------- Post added 03-29-2012 at 10:42 PM ----------

Originally Posted by stasis
Ideologies are not created equal.

True. The world would be very boring if they were, but our physical aspects and needs are the same. Ideologies do not define who is considered a person but rather provide a view into that persons view of the world they live in and what they gather from it. Two completely different subjects, at least for me.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:51 PM   #106
stasis
Administrator
morbid cliché.

True. The world would be very boring if they were, but our physical aspects and needs are the same. Ideologist do not define who is considered a person but rather provide a view into that's person view of the world they live in and what they gather from it. Two completely different subjects, at least for me.

An ethical equivalence of persons is precisely what defines the license to form and express one's own assessment of ideologies held by others, which, as you concede, are not necessarily equal. You had asked another user who they were to do so. Amongst peers, the question appeals to a station that does not exist. A thing that does not exist cannot be deferred to.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:04 AM   #107
PRBori
Suspended

Originally Posted by stasis
An ethical equivalence of persons is precisely what defines the license to form and express one's own assessment of ideologies held by others, which, as you concede, are not necessarily equal. You had asked another user who they were to do so. Among peers, the question appeals to a station that does not exist. A thing that does not exist cannot be deferred to.

True, I did ask "Who are you to judge people because of their religious beliefs?", but looking back at it it should have been "Who are you to determine who is considered a person or not based on their beliefs?"/

In any event, the issue at hand was his comment that Muslims are not considered a person. It is simply inconceivable to say such thing. Is like saying a Christian or Jew or Atheist is not considered a person simply because of their ideologies.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:11 AM   #108
stasis
Administrator
morbid cliché.

True, I did ask "Who are you to judge people because of their religious beliefs?", but looking back at it it should have been "Who are you to determine who is considered a person or not based on their beliefs?"/

In any event, the issue at hand was his comment that Muslims are not considered a person. It is simply inconceivable to say such thing.

It's an absurd statement, to be sure, but not one that is really dealt with by appealing to a station that does not exist. The even level, by virtue of being the only level, is also the top level. So when you seat your critique in equivalence itself, we have:

Who else?
And therefore: who better (than he)?

Old 03-31-2012, 03:54 AM   #109
Vermillion
Suspended

MBTI: XNXX

Is killing muslims (or certain foreigners in general) bad? I don't think so. I do think so.

Therefore, killing muslims in our free western countries is a bad. From a rational point of view that is. But moraly it's not wrong. We shouldn't feel pity for leeches, criminals and violators of women (and girls!).

Wow, I'm impressed that you would so blatantly admit your murderous intents like this. You must have creamed your pants when you heard this story about the Muslim woman being bludgeoned to death. I wish all hate mongering, bigoted, nationalistic, xenophobic folks would be as candid about their beliefs.

Edit 00:47 Amsterdam time

I cannot decide who's welcome in this thread and who isn't so write whatever you want. However, do not expect an answer from me when:
  • You imply or call me bigotted, or use the word bigot (and all its forms)
  • Use the word Nazi (and whatnot second world war)
  • Calling me or implying me being a racist, or using the word racists (and all its forms) in general
  • Whine and cry like you're going to killfilter me (like I never heard that one before). Just shut up and do it.
  • Use the word genocide in any shape or form
  • Other cheap shots
  • Weaponized Lorem Ipsum
  • Talk about color as if that's the issue
  • Using the words "Islamophobia" and/or "Xenophobia"
  • Rhetorics
  • Ignoring the point that was made
  • Comparison with Breivik, Hitler, Stalin and whatnot

Once again, I cannot forbid this, but don't expect anything from me then. You have been informed.

Haha, well, it looks like you wrote a pretty accurate description of yourself just now so there's no need for anyone to accuse you. Thanks for saving us the trouble.

Also, what does "killfilter" mean? Is that what you imagine you're doing to Muslims when you beat off?

Old 03-31-2012, 09:12 AM   #110
Lazy Lou
New Member [01%]

Another possibility is that this was some sort of honor killing and the note was a fabrication to throw investigators off the scent. That would seem to be a rather weak attempt to cover such a serious crime, though. DNA evidence reveals a lot of the story.

But that said, it might also be possible this murderer had very little understanding of that; they may have been a foreign family member and undereducated. But they obviously know some English, given that they managed to write that note.

Or perhaps they just don't care, they may have already flown back to their home country and will consider themselves untouchable there.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:20 AM   #111
titi monkey
Member [45%]

We'll have to keep track of the investigation; this is important.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:21 PM   #112
Berkut
Member [03%]
“A nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its laws made by cowards and its wars fought by fools.” 
-Thucydides

This in today's U-T San Diego:

That hate crime bandwagon still have its horses saddled and rearing to go?
Old 04-05-2012, 09:52 PM   #113
titi monkey
Member [45%]

Many people who consider themselves part of a minority have been desperately searching for hate crimes they can believe in. In my imagination, it seems they need more big-headline incidents to correlate with their personal beliefs.

In other words, "I feel hated, therefore I need evidence to support this feeling". There have been so many false alarms lately, I don't know how else to interpret such rushes to judgement.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #114
Shoshana
Member [27%]

MBTI: INFP

Actually, reading that article in full, it's still inconclusive that it wasn't a hate crime. There are no suspects according to police quoted in that article.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:43 PM   #115
Philanthropist
Member [34%]
MBTI: ENTJ

Originally Posted by Berkut
This in today's U-T San Diego:

That hate crime bandwagon still have its horses saddled and rearing to go?

Oh, well, as long as it wasn't a hate crime. If it is proven not to be, I'm sure people will forget about the whole thing in two minutes.