Doctor Who's type? None
Old 06-22-2008, 10:51 AM   #1
sbella
New Member [01%]

MBTI: INTJ

I'm mainly speaking of the most recent version of Doctor Who, the 10th, played by David Tennant.

I've been giving this some thought... first, I don't think he's INTJ. Although he does possess a great deal of similarities, he in some ways he seems... too nice. Idk how to put that, but he doesn't really give me the INTJ "vibe". So, I've been thinking INTP... but I could be really wrong.

Anyone here who watches the show who has an opinion?

Old 06-22-2008, 11:28 AM   #2
Danisty
Member [32%]
Unrepentant Fangirl

I don't know about Tennant because his Doctor kind of confuses me a little. I still love the character though. I'd be more interested in finding out what people think of the 9th Doctor (Christopher Eccleston). Do you think he could be an ENTJ?
Old 06-22-2008, 03:04 PM   #3
Terian
Member [23%]
The greatest trouble for those with intelligence are those without.
MBTI: ENtP

David Tennant plays an ENTP doctor.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:48 AM   #4
sbella
New Member [01%]

Originally Posted by Terian
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Aha! That makes sense.

Old 06-23-2008, 01:26 PM   #5
Danisty
Member [32%]
Unrepentant Fangirl

Okay, anyone have any opinions on Christopher Eccleston's doctor then? Do you think he's an ENTJ or something else?
Old 06-23-2008, 07:02 PM   #6
TMT
New Member [01%]

Originally Posted by Terian
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Absolutely! The correlation is so close to perfect that I laughed out loud while typing him just a few minutes ago.... (And the strange part was that it was completely without prior knowledge of this topic!)

TMT added to this post, 1 minutes and 14 seconds later...

Originally Posted by Danisty
Okay, anyone have any opinions on Christopher Eccleston's doctor then? Do you think he's an ENTJ or something else?

Jut taking a stab here, but I'd say there's a good chance he's an INTJ.

Old 06-23-2008, 10:10 PM   #7
MichaelH
Member [06%]

Originally Posted by TMT
Jut taking a stab here but I'd say there's a good chance he's an INTJ.

NICE! That may explain why I liked him so much. Eccleston's Doctor always ran the show. He had his own plans, his own vision of what was going on and how to resolve it, and he didn't share any more than he had to. Everyone else was along for the ride. And it made for a VERY enjoyable show.

Not to mention "Nice to meet you, Rose. Run for your life!" One of the best lines on TV, ever.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:00 AM   #8
Danisty
Member [32%]
Unrepentant Fangirl

Originally Posted by MichaelH
NICE! That may explain why I liked him so much. Eccleston's Doctor always ran the show. He had his own plans, his own vision of what was going on and how to resolve it, and he didn't share any more than he had to. Everyone else was along for the ride. And it made for a VERY enjoyable show.

Yeah, I can see that. I think he must have a pretty well developed E if this is the case though because he reminded me so much of my husband. The energy and the excitement from taking charge and making things happen is not something I'm that good at relating to. I can do it and even enjoy it, but I never feel as thrilled or fulfilled from doing it as Eccleston's doctor (or my husband). I adore Eccleston's doctor though. I was really disappointed it only lasted one season. Plus, I really started disliking Rose when Tennant came on.

Originally Posted by MichaelH
Not to mention "Nice to meet you, Rose. Run for your life!" One of the best lines on TV, ever.

Definitely. I was hooked from that scene on. Eccleston had a vibe that really appealed to me. His excessive use of the word fantastic and the way his face would light up was amusing to me too. In a lot of ways the 9th Doctor expressed exactly what I think I'd be feeling in these various situations, but the fact that he expressed it with such glee is probably what led me to suspect he was an E. That's why I love ENTJs. They think like me, but they share it with such enthusiasm.

Old 06-24-2008, 02:25 PM   #9
Terian
Member [23%]
The greatest trouble for those with intelligence are those without.
MBTI: ENtP

Originally Posted by Danisty
Yeah, I can see that. I think he must have a pretty well developed E if this is the case though because he reminded me so much of my husband. The energy and the excitement from taking charge and making things happen is not something I'm that good at relating to. I can do it and even enjoy it, but I never feel as thrilled or fulfilled from doing it as Eccleston's doctor (or my husband). I adore Eccleston's doctor though. I was really disappointed it only lasted one season. Plus, I really started disliking Rose when Tennant came on.

Definitely. I was hooked from that scene on. Eccleston had a vibe that really appealed to me. His excessive use of the word fantastic and the way his face would light up was amusing to me too. In a lot of ways the 9th Doctor expressed exactly what I think I'd be feeling in these various situations, but the fact that he expressed it with such glee is probably what led me to suspect he was an E. That's why I love ENTJs. They think like me, but they share it with such enthusiasm.

His enthusiasm is what leads me to think that he's an ENTJ or an ENTx.

Old 06-24-2008, 03:09 PM   #10
ScurvyRose
Member [36%]
Random Trout Slapping Patrol

I loved watching the original Dr Who when I was a child! This is wild that so many here know it existed (even if it is through the new version!)
Old 06-24-2008, 05:06 PM   #11
Danisty
Member [32%]
Unrepentant Fangirl

My husband watched the old version when he was a kid. He's the one who insisted we watch it when the new series first came out. Since then, I've watched some of the old Tom Baker stuff and I really like that too.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:19 AM   #12
sbella
New Member [01%]

What type do you guys reckon Rose Tyler is?
Old 06-28-2008, 01:04 AM   #13
LionsPride
Core Member [225%]

I have to put my vote in for INTx over ENTJ for the 9th Doctor. I got the general feeling that he needed to withdraw into himself from time to time, you know with the whole sneaking out before the festivities, thanks, or domestic situations came about.

I also loved the 9th Doctor and was truly disappointed there was only a single season with him. I was completely sold on his character in the scene where he modifies Rose's cell phone.

The Doctor: With a little bit of jiggery pokery...
Rose: Is that a technical term, 'jiggery pokery'?
The Doctor: Yeah, I came first in jiggery pokery, what about you?
Rose: Nah, failed hullabaloo.

As for Rose, I have to go with the exact opposite of the 9th Doctor, ESFP. He liked her because she was characteristically 'human'. She loved meeting and being around new people, she lived in what she could touch and taste rather than in theories, she was empathic toward everyone and she was adaptive to new situations (a whole lot less interested in routine than your standard J).
Old 08-26-2010, 07:28 PM   #14
Philosophia
New Member [01%]

What personality type do you think the 4th Doctor (Tom Baker) is?

and the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, (forget 7-9, they were garbage!), and 11th Doctors?
Old 08-26-2010, 07:53 PM   #15
Kisai
Core Member [403%]
Mad, bad, and dangerous to know.
MBTI: XXXX

The First Doctor was a cantankerous INTJ who appeared to have very little compassion for others (trying to brain a fallen caveman when the ENFP lead male wasn't looking), but was outraged by the genocide perpetuated by the Daeleks.
Kisai is online
Old 12-28-2012, 06:47 PM   #16
TTD187
New Member [01%]

MBTI: INFJ

I realise I'm digging up an old thread here, but what are your thoughts about the new doctor? I'm thinking he's an ENTP? He seems similar to Tennant but just not as cool.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:49 PM   #17
The Dan Keizer
Core Member [205%]

ENTP
The Dan Keizer is online
Old 12-30-2012, 08:12 AM   #18
hi5yourface
Core Member [170%]
MBTI: INFP

The newest doctor is Matt Smith. David Tennant seemed likely to be an ENTP and Matt Smith as well seems to be ENTP though you could call the doctor the interchangeable NT for their duration.

Originally Posted by sbella
What type do you guys reckon Rose Tyler is?

ENFP

Old 12-30-2012, 10:53 AM   #19
scorpiomover
Core Member [157%]
Remember, you're a Womble.
MBTI: INTP

Lots more Feeling than I remember of the early Doctors. Very schmaltzy. Also, far less in the old reason department. More magic-y emotional-based thinking.