PDA

View Full Version : Women's Gap Between Thighs

CrudeHypothesis
07-24-2012, 08:33 AM
What do you think of the gap between women's thighs?

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Not all women, I mean hot women. (P.S. These are not my thighs)

katatonic
07-24-2012, 08:38 AM
I find this hilarious.

SeverusSin
07-24-2012, 08:59 AM
Nope, the only thigh gap that is attractive is the tiny triangle underneath the cameltoe. That long wide gap lower down is just characteristic of skinny thighs to me, not attractive. Someone chime in and correct me...

Marcus Septim
07-24-2012, 09:02 AM
How did you got the possession of this photo?

Are you stalking girls for their thigh gap shot's?

(PS: I think nothing of the gap,leg's are nice to look at and all that,but it's not the first thing i notice)

MCJ
07-24-2012, 09:04 AM
Once heard the phrase "never trust a woman, whose thighs don't meet in the middle'.... made me chuckle, if for no other reason, gave me more poise to think of multple reasons why....

CrudeHypothesis
07-24-2012, 09:10 AM
How did you got the possession of this photo?

Are you stalking girls for their thigh gap shot's?

(PS: I think nothing of the gap,leg's are nice to look at and all that,but it's not the first thing i notice)

lol, I just typed in "gap between thighs" in Google image search and picked the one that closest represented what I was trying to convey; it's really handy when you need to quickly find a photo of almost anything.

Saggita
07-24-2012, 09:18 AM
No one complained to me about this before, so...

livilinv
07-24-2012, 09:19 AM
I think it looks really good, but then again I have some issues with looking skinny.

BuShinJu
07-24-2012, 10:12 AM
I too thought you were talking about the diamond shaped gap beneath the pudendum.

Starbucks
07-24-2012, 10:17 AM
Women's legs are further apart from each other because somewhere in their life a baby has to come through. They say a women with wide hips is good for childbearing, we are talking about the bone structure and not excess weight that widens the hips. With wide hips and a healthy weight the gap usually is wider and I assume it triggers some natural instinct in men . I think the unique shape a women has, is very beautiful.

xavier3961
07-24-2012, 10:25 AM
Women's legs are further apart from each other because somewhere in their life a baby has to come through. They say a women with wide hips is good for childbearing, we are talking about the bone structure and not excess weight that widens the hips. With wide hips and a healthy weight the gap usually is wider and I assume it triggers some natural instinct in men . I think the unique shape a women has, is very beautiful.

Agrees 100%

plotthickens
07-24-2012, 10:34 AM
When present even in a relaxed posture while standing in normally-active women, it is indicative of extremely low bodyfat and usually indicates some kind of eating disorder.

Modern media=win that all ya'all think it's normal.

Megalomania
07-24-2012, 10:45 AM
it is indicative of extremely low bodyfat and usually indicates some kind of eating disorder.

First part perhaps, second part...no.

CrudeHypothesis
07-24-2012, 10:50 AM
When present even in a relaxed posture while standing in normally-active women, it is indicative of extremely low bodyfat and usually indicates some kind of eating disorder.

An eating disorder can result in low body fat, but that doesn't mean low body fat is indicative of an eating disorder.

Zodd
07-24-2012, 10:54 AM
Haha, here also! On sherdog there was this big picture thread only of attractive female thighgaps. I used to have a big thing for it, but not so much anymore.

Fucking hell Plot, you just have to hate on ANYTHING men like. I can show you picture of girls that aren't underweight that have a big gap, quite fat girls even probably.

CrudeHypothesis
07-24-2012, 10:58 AM
You kinda just expect plot to hate on anything men like. In fact, you start threads about stuff men like just to get plot to counterbalance it out ;)

plotthickens
07-24-2012, 11:47 AM
Yep, sorry, no correlation at all.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.)

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.)

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Storm
07-24-2012, 11:56 AM

Ok, I would agree that the photoshopped plastic-faced pictures you see in the media aren't normal.

But a gap between the thighs indicating "extremely low" body fat and an eating disorder? That's just plain ridiculous and insulting. Your first link actually is meant to show that skinny people don't always have eating disorders, and that "healthy-looking" people don't always not have them.

The girl in the OP's picture looks perfectly healthy to me. I also happen to have a gap between my legs. My bodyfat is somewhere between 20% and 25%, and I absolutely don't have an eating disorder.

Although I have to say, I had to actually stand up to see if I had one because I've never even noticed/thought about this before. Just shows you that somewhere out there someone judges/find attractive/finds ugly ever part of the anatomy. Next we'll have a thread on how whether or not your earlobe attaches to the face is attractive or not and its implications.

Megalomania
07-24-2012, 11:57 AM

Are those supposed to be some sort of defense of your claim? Links to tumblrs and a news article about tumblrs? No one ever claimed women with eating disorders don't have the "gap". You said " [it] usually indicates some kind of eating disorder" - which is just plain wrong.

zibber
07-24-2012, 11:58 AM
Oh, lord. You are the king of able-bodied white boys. Admittedly these aren't quite as bad as the grown-up version, but ever so incessant and spirited.

SeverusSin
07-24-2012, 12:05 PM
I too thought you were talking about the diamond shaped gap beneath the pudendum.

YES, this is what I was referring to.

Phaze228
07-24-2012, 12:10 PM

....What? It's indicative of the exact opposite. If your thighs touch in a standing relaxed position, there's normally a problem with body fat, and it's not the attrition of it. Unless by standing in a relaxed position you mean with their legs crossed, then, yeah might be a problem.

plotthickens
07-24-2012, 12:20 PM
Ok, I would agree that the photoshopped plastic-faced pictures you see in the media aren't normal.

But a gap between the thighs indicating "extremely low" body fat and an eating disorder? That's just plain ridiculous and insulting. Your first link actually is meant to show that skinny people don't always have eating disorders, and that "healthy-looking" people don't always not have them.

The girl in the OP's picture looks perfectly healthy to me. I also happen to have a gap between my legs. My bodyfat is somewhere between 20% and 25%, and I absolutely don't have an eating disorder.

Although I have to say, I had to actually stand up to see if I had one because I've never even noticed/thought about this before. Just shows you that somewhere out there someone judges/find attractive/finds ugly ever part of the anatomy. Next we'll have a thread on how whether or not your earlobe attaches to the face is attractive or not and its implications.

My apologies, I wasn't quite clear enough. The picture in the OP and the commonly accepted idea of "thigh gap" indicates a clear space while standing in a relaxed posture from the pudendum straight down to the knees. This is not the same as a triangle under the pudendum. Fat stored on women's hips and thighs is especially high in long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids and other yummy things, essential for making smart children (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.).

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Human women are unusual in the first place by how fatty we are. A slim woman can have a body fat percentage of 30%. A chimpanzee female has a body fat percentage around 5%. In this metric, we are closer to whales or polar bears than other primates. The fat is usually concentrated in the buttocks, breasts, thighs, and hips. Studies have shown that the average man finds fat in these areas particularly attractive.

What is this fat for? Interestingly, women tend to lose the fat in these areas as they have children even if they gain weight overall and have plenty to eat. The lose correlates to the number of children a woman has. Lassek and Gaulin found that most of this fat seemed to be lost during nursing. During this period, an average woman eats less than she needs and instead seems to use up this lower body fat.

Why is this happening? It doesn't make sense that women would be just using this fat to give the baby extra calories, because otherwise they would eat more.

Turns out that there is something in this fat tissue that the developing infant brain really needs. The human infant brain is unusually large and it's not just hungry for calories, it's hungry for fat. In particular it's hungry for DHA, the immediately usable form of omega-3 fatty acids that has been found to be crucial for optimal infant brain development.

Unfortunately, the diets of most American women only provide half of the DHA that a pregnant woman and her infant need. Another type of omega-3 fatty acid, Alpha Linoleic Acid (ALA) can be converted to DHA, but this conversion varies (though interestingly pregnant women have upregulated conversion and the placenta also has the ability to push DHA "uphill" creating a higher level of DHA in the infant's blood than in the mother's) and can be down-regulated by excessive omega-6 in the diet.

The authors theorize that towards the end of the pregnancy, a woman eats less in order to foster utilization of her own fat tissues that are rich in DHA. The fat in the hips, buttocks, and thighs has more DHA than the fat in other parts of the body. This DHA has been accumulated over many years, starting in infancy.

I read a frightening Facebook conversation I witnessed in which a girl was bragging about how her thighs didn't touch, another girl mentioned that she was so mad that her thighs kept touching even though she had gotten "thin.". Like this question on Paleohacks (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.), many women find that weight seems to come off everywhere but the thigh/buttock/hip region where the gluteofemoral fat lies. This can be frustrating in a culture where slimness everywhere but the breasts is desired. But seen in the light of the importance of this fat, it makes sense why the body resists mobilizing this fat when weight is lost (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.) and many women can't achieve the thinness they want in this region without getting so thin everywhere else that they are dangerously overweight or their ribs are showing. These women don't have "lipodystrophy," they are normal women whose bodies are trying to remain functional in a world where our body ideals have become dysfunctional

The authors own research that suggests that women with more of this important fat have smarter children (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.).

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. EyXbfuJrqrP6xZyZmElbw << See the difference? >> To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. qScotrviXI6-DNGpJfJ

Storm, If you do have that large thigh gap + no ED, then you are in a very small minority.

Coralaisly
07-24-2012, 12:27 PM
First off, there are two kinds of thigh gap.

First, the super skinny, probably (not always, but often) too skinny "thighs not touching at all" type of thigh gap exhibited here: To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

and second, the oh, so popular in Anime triangular thigh gap, where the thighs do touch, but there's a space at the top, that's so popular in Japanese culture that there's a name for it in Japanese, exhibited here: To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The difference is in both the amount of muscle AND the amount of fat present in the thigh area. Some women have the second type of gap even when chubby. It can be healthy, and according to some, it's created when a woman naturally holds her pelvis in a position that creates the most pleasure for men during sex. Whether or not that's true, I've no idea, but the hypothesis would explain, at least in part, why it's so popular in Anime.

The second type, I think can be attractive (though, I'm a heterosexual female, so I don't know if men think the same way), but the first, I usually think "She'd look SO much better if she were to build some muscle on her inner thighs and eat a cheeseburger every now and again." IMO, roundness and fullness is attractive on a female body. That's not the same as chubbiness, but instead having a good balance between body fat and muscle. Basically she doesn't jiggle when she walks, her arms stop waving when she does, but she also doesn't look like she might blow away if your dog sneezes in her general direction.

Typhon
07-24-2012, 12:37 PM
I guess I never thought about this before. Both are nice, as long as it is proportional to the hips and the rest of the body. But this talk of gap-having women having an ED is bullshit. Some people are fatter, some are thinner. Value judgments about the person are not required.

Storm
07-24-2012, 12:41 PM
My apologies, I wasn't quite clear enough. The picture in the OP and the commonly accepted idea of "thigh gap" indicates a clear space while standing in a relaxed posture from the pudendum straight down to the knees. This is not the same as a triangle under the pudendum. Fat stored on women's hips and thighs is especially high in long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids and other yummy things,

Are you saying that the picture in the OP is "too skinny"? I think the gap looks bigger than it would standing up because she's laying down. Anyway, a person can be between the two photos there and still have a gap. A bit also depends on exactly how you stand.

plotthickens
07-24-2012, 12:45 PM
I guess I never thought about this before. Both are nice, as long as it is proportional to the hips and the rest of the body. But this talk of gap-having women having an ED is bullshit. Some people are fatter, some are thinner. Value judgments about the person are not required.

:huh: Eating Disorders are not value judgements.

Are you saying that the picture in the OP is "too skinny"? I think the gap looks bigger than it would standing up because she's laying down. Anyway, a person can be between the two photos there and still have a gap. A bit also depends on exactly how you stand.

True, but this is why I used "very small minority", "normally-active", "usually", etc. Were those not conditional enough for you?

Storm
07-24-2012, 12:47 PM
I think the gap in the red-stocking photo is extremely common, which is why I was confused. It's not a "usually indicative of an eating disorder" at all until you get to extremes.

topquark
07-24-2012, 12:47 PM

I've just been trying this in front of a mirror, and the gap between the thighs is actually larger when standing in a relaxed posture than it is when standing with good posture (tailbone towards the floor, tummy tucked in, bottom slightly tense). In fact, posture seems to make quite a dramatic difference.

plotthickens
07-24-2012, 12:52 PM
I think the gap in the red-stocking photo is extremely common, which is why I was confused. It's not a "usually indicative of an eating disorder" at all until you get to extremes.

I think the gap in the red-stocking photo is common in media offerings. In the real world, the majority of women in the US (and increasingly elsewhere) are obese or morbidly obese and you can bet your buckles that thigh gaps of any sort in that group are few and far between.

The (ahem, sorry) gaps between what we see from the media >...> truly healthy >...> real life are startling.

Typhon
07-24-2012, 12:53 PM
:huh: Eating Disorders are not value judgements.

You're subjectively evaluating them based on appearance alone. It's not the ED that is the value judgment, it is you comparing them to your internal ideology of what is healthy and unhealthy that is the judgment.

Now you can appeal to authority with a myriad of links about EDs being valid, but that's not the point here. It's your subjective evaluation about the person, without knowing her, that is bothersome.

Iota Null
07-24-2012, 12:55 PM
I think the gap in the red-stocking photo is common in media offerings. In the real world, the majority of women in the US (and increasingly elsewhere) are obese or morbidly obese and you can bet your buckles that thigh gaps of any sort in that group are few and far between.

If something is uncommon only because a disproportionate amount of the population is obese, it seems absurd to characterise that thing as necessarily or even mostly representative of EDs. All you've shown is that it's representative of not being obese.

Storm
07-24-2012, 12:55 PM
I'm still confused. The red stocking photo is of a healthy woman, or of an overly-skinny waif?

I'm not saying the red-stocking woman makes up the majority of women, I'm saying her body-type is common enough that associating gaps with eating disorders is misguided.

plotthickens
07-24-2012, 12:57 PM
You're subjectively evaluating them based on appearance alone. It's not the ED that is the value judgment, it is you comparing them to your internal ideology of what is healthy and unhealthy that is the judgment.

Now you can appeal to authority with a myriad of links about EDs being valid, but that's not the point here. It's your subjective evaluation about the person, without knowing her, that is bothersome.

Some generalizations are useful. To throw them all out as mean-spirited value judgements is (evolutionarily) stupid.

PS, please let me know how "internal ideology" and the peer-reviewed studies & citations I posted coincide.

Silverity
07-24-2012, 01:00 PM
The only problem I find is when I drop little things in my lap sometimes they go straight to the floor =\

And since it seems to be an issue, I'm normal weight, great body image, no ED, etc, etc. I'm just lanky, and there is nothing wrong with that.

plotthickens
07-24-2012, 01:01 PM
I'm still confused. The red stocking photo is of a healthy woman, or of an overly-skinny waif?

I'm not saying the red-stocking woman makes up the majority of women, I'm saying her body-type is common enough that associating gaps with eating disorders is misguided.

I don't know if the red stockinged woman has ED or not. I'm saying that the two ends of the spectrum are visibly obvious and glorifying them is a bad idea.

obvious problem........................................... ................................obvious problem
Skeleton.........underweight..........healthy..... ............obese.................morbidly obese

Plato
07-24-2012, 01:02 PM
plot, I assume you have become unsettled because when "thigh gaps" like this are idealized in media, women will strive to achieve these "thigh gaps" which could lead to women resorting to an ED to accomplish such "thigh gap".

The problem that I, and others, have is that such a thigh gap is not indicative of an ED.

On the flip side, I have known quite a few girls and women (perfectly healthy according to their doctors) with the thigh gap that are insecure about it because of the notion that they must have an ED.

So yes, men (and women) idealizing a body image that is not common can lead to drastic measures from an insecure individual (ED) to achieve said body image, but this does not mean that the idealized body image is inherently damaging to an individual.

EDIT:
And yes, I know you set up conditionals. It's just unsettling for some (as you have seen) to immediately draw the ED conclusion.

mieu
07-24-2012, 01:10 PM
Thigh gap can also result from specific postures. In the OP, the relaxed muscle and any fat content on the thighs is weighed down and becomes pendulous, enhancing the gap because the bulk is pulled downward by gravity. Her legs would likely look a little different (but I mean, still thin and all) if she were to stretch them out straight in front of her with nothing holding them up.

In a standing position, the gap can be 'induced' in a normal-weight woman that might not have it by tilting the pelvis downward and subsequently pushing the booty up and out, which lifts the bulk of fat from the posterior thigh and enhances the gap--particularly the one that SeverusSin is talking about. You can also make the gap look wider down the length of the thigh by turning one's feet and/or knees inward and/or pulling 'out' from the hips using the muscles on the outside of the leg. Not feasible for everyday use but you can see celebrities doing it all the time. Check out this chick (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. celebrity_red_carpet_style_gbw1628_1__34534534534. jpg), the position of her feet and the rotation of her weight-bearing knee with respect to the matching foot. Heels help too, because they force the same booty-posture described above. (Source: checking myself out naked in the mirror a lot)

This is all assuming that the woman is standing with her feet together. At a healthy weight a young female probably wouldn't have her thighs touching when her feet are shoulder-width apart.

Now we just need a thread about how all women who make their thigh gap look wider are somehow lying or falsely advertising.

Typhon
07-24-2012, 01:15 PM
Some generalizations are useful. To throw them all out as mean-spirited value judgements is (evolutionarily) stupid.

Realizing that your generalizations are just your generalizations is useful as well. Looking at a thin woman with a "gap" and thinking "ED!" is just as much a negative generalizing judgment as looking at a person with a large body fat percentage and thinking "Lazy!".

PS, please let me know how "internal ideology" and the peer-reviewed studies & citations I posted coincide.

What a shocker, your ideology and the links you posted coincide. I don't think that's ever happened to anyone.

John01
07-24-2012, 01:17 PM
I don't care either way. Never thought about it.

Gap or no gap. Go gap or go home. No gap or no…fill in the blank.

Enjoy variety, I say.

plotthickens
07-24-2012, 01:20 PM
Realizing that your generalizations are just your generalizations is useful as well. Looking at a thin woman with a "gap" and thinking "ED!" is just as much a negative generalizing judgment as looking at a person with a large body fat percentage and thinking "Lazy!".

*sigh* I have no reason to give you my personal history (argument from authority fallacy), but please be assured that I have no reason to think poorly of fat people. Let me just point out that your parallel where ED=value judgement & ED=Lazy (on the other side of the spectrum) is very very poor.

Typhon
07-24-2012, 01:22 PM
*sigh* I have no reason to give you my personal history (argument from authority fallacy), but please be assured that I have no reason to think poorly of fat people. Let me just point out that your parallel where ED=value judgement & ED=Lazy (on the other side of the spectrum) is very very poor.

I'll keep your point in mind. I recommend that you also not to be so quick to dismiss my own point about making generalized judgments about others from their physical appearances alone.

Silence
07-24-2012, 01:30 PM

Oh, not all women, only HOT women.

Gee, and the poll states "I'm female, so I don't get a say..."?

Thank god for THOSE qualifiers, so I don't bother wasting my time on yet another frat-boy excuse-for-masturbation thread. :rolleyes:

07-24-2012, 01:45 PM

While it's definitely part of the modern beauty paradigm, it's been my experience most women with this don't have patterns of eating that are any more disordered than women whose thighs meet in a relaxed position, if we're talking about anorexia or bulimia nervosa or compulsive overeating. Or are you talking about other eating disorders outside the Big Three? How did you come to the conclusion that "thighs not touching" means "eating disorder?"

Eating disordered people account for a very small percent of the population, but a "gap" is a pretty common feature.

SarcasticVlad
07-24-2012, 01:56 PM
I don't like the gap.

plotthickens
07-24-2012, 01:59 PM
Eating disordered people account for a very small percent of the population, but a "gap" is a pretty common feature.

"Pretty common"? Interesting.

In the real world, the majority of women in the US (and increasingly elsewhere) are obese or morbidly obese and you can bet your buckles that thigh gaps of any sort in that group are few and far between.

The (ahem, sorry) gaps between what we see from the media >...> truly healthy >...> real life are startling.

Coralaisly
07-24-2012, 02:01 PM

To notice and determine what one does or doesn't like isn't passing judgment on the individual. I generally dislike beards, for instance, but it doesn't mean a guy with a beard is somehow in my eyes less of a man or a bad person or something, it just means he likes having a furry face for whatever reason..

But I do see Plot's point and agree with her to a degree. In some cases that thigh gap is caused by Eating Disorders. Not all, but it is often present in some of the disordered. But on the other hand, I've no opinion of disorder sufferers. My thinking they could stand to gain a few pounds and build some muscle is purely my automatic reworking of situations I see at play. It matters nothing to me what others do with their lives and bodies. I'm not friends with people because of their appearances, and I don't actually care what anyone looks like aside from myself. If they're happy, that's what matters, whether they're underweight, healthy or overweight. I'm not perfect. Can't expect anyone else to be either. *shrug*

zibber
07-24-2012, 02:19 PM
Let's all stop attacking plot and return to focusing on the crude, crude hypothesis that started it all.

Zodd
07-24-2012, 02:29 PM
Every woman not having a bmi of over 50 has an eatingdisorder, men want girls with eating disorders because they are weak and can make them their slaves, the media exploits it, thighgaps are another tool for worlddomination and us little insecure frustrated boys can't handle a healthy smart intelligent strong down to earth real woman like Plot.

Just look at by far the most famous thighgap picture:

She's just starving herself because she wants to look like Lindsay Lohan, because she is weak and needs attention.

80% of female beauty picture tumblrs are from females, 60% of them are from skinny girls, and 10% of them are of anorexic girls, and almost all anorexic girls beauty picture tumblrs are from females. They actually had to update their policy regarding anorexia. Tumblr is an anorexic hipster heaven.

07-24-2012, 02:35 PM
"Pretty common"? Interesting.

Two thirds are overweight/obese in the US. (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.) Of the remaining third, I'd say the majority don't have thighs that touch when they stand normally. Of course, it's just casual observation rather than a scientific study. But I'd hazard a guess the average woman who is in a single digit size doesn't have thighs that touch in a normal stance. Eating disordered people are a lot less common than thin people, and the majority of eating disordered people aren't even thin.

I think it's a brainwashed media perspective that makes us think most eating disordered people are scrawny white girls, and that leaves a lot of people not getting the therapy they need. It also puts a lot of people on the hot seat with fingers being pointed at them. I don't think it's reasonable to assume the majority of women with "gaps" are eating disordered - Someone who's got 18" thighs and 36" hips, pretty proportional measurements on a woman of average frame, aren't very likely to have thighs that are together.

ppu6502
07-24-2012, 02:41 PM
It would be interesting to see a set of "ideal weight" (determined by panel of doctors) women, and if they have one or the other sort of gap. I think there would tend to be a gap in most athletic, fit women. Hell, the exemplars of the triangle gap are from women athletic photos.

The OP photo looks like a picture of a little kid, not even sure it's a girl. I definitely would not consider whatever that is to be any sort of attractive gap. It seems to misrepresent the question, entirely.

07-24-2012, 02:45 PM
Let's all stop attacking plot and return to focusing on the crude, crude hypothesis that started it all.

A brilliant idea, and I'm sorry if plot thought I was jumping on her.

Hariar
07-24-2012, 03:00 PM
I don't even get how it is possible to start a topic about this. :freak:

Coming up next: which spleen shape is the sexiest in women.

Shahira
07-24-2012, 03:08 PM
This is ridiculous. Why are people getting their knickers in a twist over this? The gap is pretty common. If it's really big and noticeable I don't think it's very healthy, but it doesn't mean that a woman who has a noticeable one has a eating disorder. It could be an indicator, but that's all it is. It doesn't necessarily mean a woman with a noticeable gap is starving herself to death. That's just silly.

Fishism
07-24-2012, 03:11 PM
After all of my years of wandering the planet, I didn't appreciate "the gap" until this very thread! How exciting! A whole new world of perversion has just "opened up" (pardon the pun) for me! More pictures! I want more pictures! Initiating search engine sequence in 3.2.1...*click*

07-24-2012, 03:11 PM

Coming up next: which spleen shape is the sexiest in women.

Funny thing: I went on a date the other night. Well, the friend who set me up with the guy told me that the guy said I had a nice gap. I guess in a world of ass and breast surgery, men have to find something else to harp on, now that everything else is perfected via the knife.

dontmesswithme
07-24-2012, 03:42 PM
I'm male and I like the gap a lot.

Zodd
07-24-2012, 03:58 PM
Gaps have to do with the shape of a person. You have 2 kind of gaps, literal gaps and diamond gaps (because of the shape). Only women with a certain body typy or better to say thigh shape have diamond gaps, but at a certain weight the gap doesn't literally exist anymore when they are standing, only when their legs are more open than with standing. All skinny girls have literal gaps, but only some have diamond gaps. It's kinda like you say Jennifer Lopez has an ass, but Keira Knightly ain't got no ass. Women with extreme diamonds can get quite fat before they aren't literally a gap anymore. Rachel Starr I find her to have personally the most attractive gap, though there are some girls with much extremer gaps that could probably gain 200 kilos and still have a gap literally.

So it's just as ridicilous to say that people who like big boobs are into fat women.

Tocsin
07-24-2012, 04:06 PM

But this is exactly what the internets was made fo'! ;)

FarmlandTension
07-24-2012, 04:12 PM

I don't know that this is always true. I've got pretty wide hips, and a BMI of 21, so I'm not overweight, and I don't have a big gap between my thighs like the girl in the OP or most of the other examples posted.

Tocsin
07-24-2012, 04:12 PM
Sure... its painting... but is it art?

So who's getting thirsty?[/SPOILER]

katatonic
07-24-2012, 04:15 PM

Does this qualify? I don't have an eating disorder and I seem to have something going on there. I posted that this thread was hilarious because I had put this picture on my Tumblr and my friend said nice gap or something like that. It's just so ridiculous.

It is one of the goals that girls with an eating disorder "strive" for. Which is why I think plot has some good points. But I'm 5'2" and weight 140lbs so I would be considered overweight and I still have some sort of gap. I think it's a ridiculous thing to strive for.

plotthickens
07-24-2012, 04:25 PM
Does this qualify? I don't have an eating disorder and I seem to have something going on there. I posted that this thread was hilarious because I had put this picture on my Tumblr and my friend said nice gap or something like that. It's just so ridiculous.

It is one of the goals that girls with an eating disorder "strive" for. Which is why I think plot has some good points. But I'm 5'2" and weight 140lbs so I would be considered overweight and I still have some sort of gap. I think it's a ridiculous thing to strive for.

K, I'm two or three of you and if I stood with my toes overlapping and my heels 4" apart I'd have a gap like that too. ;)

FarmlandTension
07-24-2012, 04:25 PM

I'm five inches taller than you and weigh a bit less than you, and yet I don't have that gap:

I'm not sure it really says anything about body weight at all. If you're underweight, you probably do have a big gap, but having a gap doesn't mean you must be underweight, and not having one doesn't mean you must be overweight.

Saggita
07-24-2012, 04:36 PM
The gap is more about body structure than anything else. I only got one because I recently lost a lot of weight, and even when I had my normal weight, I was still underweight -- and no thigh gap.

katatonic
07-24-2012, 04:38 PM
K, I'm two or three of you and if I stood with my toes overlapping and my heels 4" apart I'd have a gap like that too. ;)

That's my normal standing position. If I were sanding with my ankles together the only difference would be my knees touching. I agree with you that glorifying a thigh gap sends the wrong message to people with eating disorders. I just don't see how having one means that someone has an eating disorder. I'm not trying to attack you. I'm just trying to say that as an overweight person, I still have some sort of gap.

curiousgeorge01
07-24-2012, 04:38 PM
What about bowleggedness? Those people have gaps.

katatonic
07-24-2012, 04:39 PM
I'm five inches taller than you and weigh a bit less than you, and yet I don't have that gap:

I'm not sure it really says anything about body weight at all. If you're underweight, you probably do have a big gap, but having a gap doesn't mean you must be underweight, and not having one doesn't mean you must be overweight.

I'm sure it's just the yoga pants. But I carry my weight up top and have an apple shaped body. So my legs/thighs have always been smaller in comparison.

FarmlandTension
07-24-2012, 04:43 PM
I'm sure it's just the yoga pants. But I carry my weight up top and have an apple shaped body. So my legs/thighs have always been smaller in comparison.

So are mine. I've got a pretty short torso with wide hips and chest, so it all seems to bundle up. You'd probably assume I was overweight if all you saw was from my armpits to my hips, but I've got narrow shoulders, skinny arms, and relatively thin legs. Like I said, I don't think the gap or lack thereof is necessarily indicative of general body weight.

katatonic
07-24-2012, 04:50 PM
So are mine. I've got a pretty short torso with wide hips and chest, so it all seems to bundle up. You'd probably assume I was overweight if all you saw was from my armpits to my hips, but I've got narrow shoulders, skinny arms, and relatively thin legs. Like I said, I don't think the gap or lack thereof is necessarily indicative of general body weight.

I have a short torso as well. I'd gladly have all my weight on my bottom half. I didn't post my picture to be like "oh look at me" I posted it because a gap means shit, because you're right, it isn't an indication of body weight.

ppu6502
07-24-2012, 04:53 PM
The triangle gap makes plenty of sense to me, as a marker of feminine sexual fitness.

There's a few requisites:

1) Not overweight (or entire thighs will touch, closing the gap)
2) Not underweight (or the thighs won't touch at all)
3) Toned thigh muscles, so the shape of the muscle naturally forms the gap
4) Lack of a penis dangling over to cover the gap!

- of course it's not a requirement for being attractive, and having it doesn't alone make you attractive to any particular person - it's just a subjective marker which many men find to be appealing as a result of the above, and probably other, implications.

Zodd
07-24-2012, 05:15 PM
@PPU: yeah, exactly the same as curves.

katatonic
07-24-2012, 05:32 PM
I can see how curves are attractive. But not a thigh gap. A thigh gap is an indication of nothing. It's just a side effect of how your body distributes fat. To me it's like saying a hand with slender fingers is more attractive than a hand with stubby fingers.

ppu6502
07-24-2012, 05:36 PM
A thigh gap is an indication of nothing.

1) Not overweight (or entire thighs will touch, closing the gap)
2) Not underweight (or the thighs won't touch at all)
3) Toned thigh muscles, so the shape of the muscle naturally forms the gap
4) Lack of a penis dangling over to cover the gap!

katatonic
07-24-2012, 05:42 PM

It indicates nothing. You think that having a thigh gap means you're not overweight. That's not the case. You think that a lack of thigh gap mean's your not underweight. Also not the case. Having a thigh gap has nothing to do with weight in most cases.

The only thing a thigh gap indicates is that your thighs do not touch.

Saggita
07-24-2012, 05:45 PM
Captain Obvious, to action!

ppu6502
07-24-2012, 05:45 PM
It indicates nothing. You think that having a thigh gap means you're not overweight. That's not the case. You think that a lack of thigh gap mean's your not underweight. Also not the case. Having a thigh gap has nothing to do with weight in most cases.

The only thing a thigh gap indicates is that your thighs do not touch.

Well, I'm not exactly going to create a 3-D model and animate how those all make perfect sense, because most people can picture it in their head.

So, guess we'll just disagree.

sircockburn
07-24-2012, 05:47 PM
You guys are ridiculous.

Here's a pic of thighs with a gap, yet clearly has a healthy weight. It's not me, but you can tell that there's a healthy amount of muscle and body fat:

Some people just have freakishly wide hips, in terms of bone structure.

AnnaMolly
07-24-2012, 05:50 PM
It's not me, but you can tell that there's a healthy amount of muscle and body fat:

There is? :/
Not saying that picture is necessarily of an underweight woman, but it could very well be. This is the kind of picture I remember seeing on Thinspiration / pro ana sites back when I was eating disordered.

The jeans could be pretty loose on her, which would make her unhealthily skinny. They could also be a tight fit, which would still mean she's skinny, but not dangerously so.

Distance
07-24-2012, 05:52 PM
You guys are ridiculous.

Here's a pic of thighs with a gap, yet clearly has a healthy weight. It's not me, but you can tell that there's a healthy amount of muscle and body fat:

Some people just have freakishly wide hips, in terms of bone structure.This looks like someone with an eating disorder. Her bone structure's too large for her to be that thin.

troi
07-24-2012, 05:53 PM
I remember being a preteen and starting to get curves, first noticed when I was wearing my Levi cords and they made a zig zag sort of sound when I walked. I was like, "WTH!!";D

plotthickens
07-24-2012, 05:54 PM
This looks like someone with an eating disorder. Her bone structure's too large for her to be that thin.

No, no, she's obviously suffering from low bone density, desperate fear from looking at your avatar and poor posture. Why else would her knees be knocking?

Distance
07-24-2012, 05:58 PM
No, no, she's obviously suffering from low bone density, desperate fear from looking at your avatar and poor posture. Why else would her knees be knocking?When her thighs and calves appear to be similar size, there's a problem.

This isn't to say that I fully agree with you plot. The red stocking pic looks pretty normal and so does the pic in the opening post, both with what appears to be a healthy layer of fat.

sircockburn
07-24-2012, 06:00 PM
Like I said, I don't know what her upper body looks like, but from that pic, she looks like a normal weight. Maybe BMI 20 or so.

Zodd
07-24-2012, 06:01 PM
You don't think she looks underweight SCB?

Plus she has more of what looks like a pin betweeen her legs instead of a diamond, her legs should have an outward curve and touching by that angle. Not straight or an inward curve. That's what most guys think, I think.

The width of the hips and how far the legs are apart only cause it to be a wider gap, but not the diamond shape btw. The diamond shape comes from the upperlegs being thick in the middle (causing the point at the bottom of the diamond), a round butt (causing the point on top, with the right camera angle, but seen in SCB's pic), wide hips and legs far apart (making it wider), and having small circumference just where the butt and the leg meet (causing the two points at the side). I think.

Fucking hell Katatonic, hahahahaha.

Edit: when the camera angle is more from a above you actually get the most cliche diamond shape. Because the top would be flat (unless there is a camel toe), like with most diamonds. Like this, but with inward curves:

With the camera more low and/or bigger ass you get it more like this:

sircockburn
07-24-2012, 06:03 PM
When her thighs and calves appear to be similar size, there's a problem.

This isn't to say that I fully agree with you plot. The red stocking pic looks pretty normal and so does the pic in the opening post, both with what appears to be a healthy layer of fat.

I think those jeans are the ones that taper outward towards the bottom, so it's probably just looser around her calves, you can see it kind of loose and bunchy around the knees.

---------- Post added 07-24-2012 at 03:07 PM ----------

You don't think she looks underweight SCB?

Plus she has more of what looks like a pin betweeen her legs instead of a diamond, her legs should have an outward curve and touching by that angle. Not straight or an inward curve. That's what most guys think, I think.

The width of the hips and how far the legs are apart only cause it to be a wider gap, but not the diamond shape btw. The diamond shape comes from the upperlegs being thick in the middle (causing the point at the bottom of the diamond), a round butt (causing the point on top, with the right camera angle, but seen in SCB's pic), wide hips and legs far apart (making it wider), and having small circumference just where the butt and the leg meet (causing the two points at the side). I think.

Fucking hell Katatonic, hahahahaha.

Damn. You're like a female anatomy engineer.

plotthickens
07-24-2012, 06:07 PM
Aaaaand this kind of evaluation is exactly why I said all that. Because this damn stupid thread is a symptom of the obsession with looks this hyper-sensitive society has. Supranormal stimuli is normalized; normal stimuli is marginalized; marginal stimuli is degraded and even criminalized. Objectification -- looking at a piece of someone and examining it, then expecting that judgement to be valid for the entire person -- leads to a host of problems.

Just fucking stop. Please.

Distance
07-24-2012, 06:08 PM
I think those jeans are the ones that taper outward towards the bottom, so it's probably just looser around her calves, you can see it kind of loose and bunchy around the knees.While I can see the looseness at the base, she looks way too thin.

katatonic
07-24-2012, 06:10 PM
Aaaaand this kind of evaluation is exactly why I said all that. Because this damn stupid thread is a symptom of the obsession with looks this hyper-sensitive society has. Supranormal stimuli is normalized; normal stimuli is marginalized; marginal stimuli is degraded and even criminalized. Objectification -- looking at a piece of someone and examining it, then expecting that judgement to be valid for the entire person -- leads to a host of problems.

Agreed.

ppu6502
I can see how an overweight person would be offended by the implication that a common subjective sexual fitness marker doesn't apply to them, as it would hurt their ego. It doesn't disprove the fact that many do find it attractive, which is all we're discussing.

It isn't wrong to describe what you find attractive, and why. Look at the name of the fucking sub-forum we're discussing this in.

It's total bullshit to claim it's some evil objectification. Fucking l.m.a.o. The triangle gap doesn't happen in unhealthy individuals (overweight or underweight), nearly as often as with healthy individuals. It's correlated with sexually relevant traits.

Having clear abs is seen as sexy on men, I'm sure some butt-hurt dudes without a six pack would cry about it, but that doesn't make it wrong to talk about.

mieu
Like I said, I don't know what her upper body looks like, but from that pic, she looks like a normal weight. Maybe BMI 20 or so.

AHAHAHAHA I'm a bmi of 20 and I would destroy that girl if I sat on her lap.

seeyouatx
07-24-2012, 06:25 PM
I love the double standard of objectification. Women post photos of sexy men, drooling over their bodies (I do it quite a bit, actually :mellow:), and men do the same with women. Everyone has their preferences. I've a small gap, but not much of one because I have curves, but my BMI is only 21, so it's not as if I'm unhealthy.

Anyways, I think it's silly to argue that having this discussion is somehow detrimental to women because women talk about mens bodies all the time.

By the way, boys, no gaps, please. It indicates a certain...lack of manliness...if there is a triangle. :p

Zodd
07-24-2012, 06:27 PM
Damn. You're like a female anatomy engineer.

Need some engineering?:awesome:

Why obsession? I'm just interested in what I think people find attractive and myself. You just assume it's all because of sexual objectification like you say about anything else being said by people who don't agree with you.

Agreed.

Yeah, you better agree after that dumb comment you just made, lol.

Femigangbang in 3....2....1....

FarmlandTension
07-24-2012, 06:36 PM
Anyways, I think it's silly to argue that having this discussion is somehow detrimental to women because women talk about mens bodies all the time.

We do? Shit, how have I never noticed that I talk about men's bodies all the time?

plotthickens
07-24-2012, 06:44 PM
I love the double standard of objectification.

Objectification occurs far more often to women than to men.
It's not healthy (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.) for men (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.) either (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.).

Women post photos of sexy men, drooling over their bodies (I do it quite a bit, actually :mellow:), and men do the same with women. Everyone has their preferences.

That's not objectification. Here. (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.)

Storm
07-24-2012, 07:15 PM

Yes, let's not say people with gaps are mainly those with unhealthy body fat and eating disorders.

Anyway, this reminds me of a thing I heard called "cankles" - a feature whereby the ankle and calf are a straight line when viewed from the side instead of curved. Who know anyone even noticed that? But apparently there are people who have aesthetic opinions about it. Whatever. Some people have exact specifications for belly buttons. Hey, whatever floats your boat.

seeyouatx
07-24-2012, 07:36 PM
1. It doesn't matter if it happens more often to women. That's not the point. That is happens at all is the issue, I should think.
2. Of course it's not healthy, but it's going to happen regardless. Daemonizing those that do it isn't going to help anything.

"The terms also makes reference to sexual relations; in this context it refers to the reduction of a person solely to their sexual attributes, enacted by an emphasis upon their physical appearance, whilst deemphasising several of their other qualities, such as individual emotion and feeling."

Using photos of a man and drooling over their bodies is a form of objectification. It's not as if they're going 'Oh, he has such a great personality', they're going 'Damn his abs are amazing, and look at those biceps'.
The whole objectification thing is used heavily by feminists, and I'd a hard time finding anything about it without a feminist bent.

Zodd
07-24-2012, 07:38 PM
@Storm: What does it matter if it is something big on the body or something small? Or out of the ordinary, most people have a fetish for something out of the ordinary.

People who want to work on their gap should use this: To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.!

Storm
07-24-2012, 07:42 PM
^Nah, for the same reason I don't want surgery to unattach my earlobes from my face because some people find it attractive.

I mean, good for you that you like it, but when I think about doing things to make myself attractive, I do things that I find attractive.

Zodd
07-24-2012, 07:55 PM
Not all people who look on the internet at naked boobies or fantasize about them are evil.

Objectivication is also not really true. When you look at a naked girl you imagina a character behind it, just like you do with everyone else you know in your life, because you never know someone completely. Kind of hard to imagine that if you had sex with...pfffff.....let me just pick a number.....uhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....say like.....300 people, that you knew all of them completely and wasn't guessing or fantasizing what was going on in their head.

---------- Post added 07-25-2012 at 02:07 AM ----------

*Crosses out Storm from the list*

Autoptic
07-24-2012, 09:36 PM
Objectivication is also not really true. When you look at a naked girl you imagina a character behind it, just like you do with everyone else you know in your life

Yeah, I used to have to give porn chicks names, or I couldn't finish. :cool:

I've certainly ran into a lot of women making up personae for me...then getting pissy and demanding when I didn't fit them. Women objectify more often than they admit. They just frame it as personality. Notice all the pretty boys coincidentally sprouting virtues? Then there's all the inferred traits of economically or politically "successful" men.

plotthickens
07-24-2012, 10:14 PM
1. It doesn't matter if it happens more often to women. That's not the point. That is happens at all is the issue, I should think.
2. Of course it's not healthy, but it's going to happen regardless. Daemonizing those that do it isn't going to help anything.

"The terms also makes reference to sexual relations; in this context it refers to the reduction of a person solely to their sexual attributes, enacted by an emphasis upon their physical appearance, whilst deemphasising several of their other qualities, such as individual emotion and feeling."

Using photos of a man and drooling over their bodies is a form of objectification. It's not as if they're going 'Oh, he has such a great personality', they're going 'Damn his abs are amazing, and look at those biceps'.
The whole objectification thing is used heavily by feminists, and I'd a hard time finding anything about it without a feminist bent.

There are actually a whole bunch of studies on it, but feel free to tar the whole area with one brush so that it may all be dismissed.

Indespeo
07-24-2012, 10:59 PM
Where is the I am a male and don't get the attractiveness of the gap between the thighs of a female?

Zhen
07-24-2012, 11:03 PM

i think you should coin a new term for this special zone, lol

Midhiel
07-24-2012, 11:08 PM
What? Since when do women not get a say? Forget that.

CrudeHypothesis
07-25-2012, 03:05 AM

My ESTJ collegue and I were walking to a thermofluids exam, and he pointed out that the girl walking in front of us had "the gap". Since my head was full of thermofluids, I said "hey, look, the quality x"

Then I was like "the aim is to get to the critical point."
Him: "Haha, that's so hot"
Me: "You mean superheated?"
Him: "Hahaha, no, I mean chicks with long legs are hot."
Me: "Oh, because their critical point is at a higher temperature."
Him: "Hahahaha, I think she can hear us, maybe we're making her wet"
Me: "What, she's in the saturated liquid region now?"
Him: "Hahahahaha, fuck we studied too much."

Claudus
07-25-2012, 04:13 AM
This thread is kind of like talking about the hole in donuts... Yeah, it's great that donuts have holes in them, but it's the donut that I like, not the hole.

s4nder
07-25-2012, 04:43 AM
I don't really like it, it looks a bit insectile.

psykhe
07-25-2012, 04:47 AM
I can't believe people are arguing about such petty, insignificant things.

You continue to disappoint me, INTJf.

Fishism
07-25-2012, 07:21 AM

"The Bermuda Triangle"

SeverusSin
07-25-2012, 08:05 AM
I only like a thigh gap when its on a female with the physique of a rap video model. The torrent of anorexic girls posted in this thread makes me want to heave. Anorexia is not hot, neither is a visible ribcage. Just my personal preference. But I guess weightless women is part of the Western ideal of beauty...

The Dan Keizer
07-25-2012, 08:30 AM
Dan Keizer doesn't be giving a fuck about the gap between the this, or below the pudendom.

chillipilli
07-25-2012, 08:32 AM
What's with the poll options?
How come I don't get a say just because I'm the female of the species???

I would like to see the following options added:

I am female and I'd love a gap like that.
I am female and that gap is just so cool.
I am female but I really don't give a hoot about anyone's gaps.
I am female and I think that all gaps and skinny-ness is the result of eating disorders.
I am female and I want more creative options in every poll... because I'm INTJ and (a) I like details and (b) I need more imaginative choices.
I am male but if I were female I'd want more options in every poll and the ability to change my mind whenever I feel like it.

lol... just kidding kids!

SeverusSin
07-25-2012, 08:48 AM
For all the Londoners in this thread; Mind the Gap.

LiveNotOnEvil
07-25-2012, 09:05 AM
I can see how curves are attractive. But not a thigh gap. A thigh gap is an indication of nothing. It's just a side effect of how your body distributes fat. To me it's like saying a hand with slender fingers is more attractive than a hand with stubby fingers.
The reason that men find the thigh gap attractive on women is because of the same reason many women find the abdominal V on men attractive. It serves no purpose, but I think both sexes like those things because they give a clear allusion to the genitals or something.

SeverusSin
07-25-2012, 09:19 AM
Abdominal V??? Have I been missing something all these years?

Saggita
07-25-2012, 09:24 AM
Yes.

Abdominal Vs are hot. For no reason whatsoever.

katatonic
07-25-2012, 02:16 PM
The reason that men find the thigh gap attractive on women is because of the same reason many women find the abdominal V on men attractive. It serves no purpose, but I think both sexes like those things because they give a clear allusion to the genitals or something.

I'll never understand either of those things. Oh well.

superflax
07-25-2012, 05:07 PM
It's threads like this that really make me fear for future generations.

When will people STOP obsessing over every parts of OTHER PEOPLES' BODIES?

The affects are NEVER positive. There is enough pressure on women to be "sexy" as it is, now we have another ridiculous idealistic standard to aim for.

CRINGE.

Midhiel
07-25-2012, 05:28 PM

The affects are NEVER positive. There is enough pressure on women to be "sexy" as it is, now we have another ridiculous idealistic standard to aim for.

CRINGE.

To be fair, the gap was already pretty much covered under the "you must be impossibly skinny for your body type" requirement.

Zodd
07-25-2012, 06:06 PM

CRINGE.

When will people STOP obsessing over everything SOMEONE ELSE LIKES?

ppu6502
07-25-2012, 06:08 PM
I wouldn't even talk to a girl who doesn't have a gap. They are lesser human beings.

Zodd
07-25-2012, 06:12 PM
Yeah that's the problem, men don't think lesser of women if they have other qualities besides looks, nor do they think better of them if they have looks. But the femigang says they thinks lesser of men who get pleasure of a body that suits their taste.

Plato
07-25-2012, 06:13 PM
I wouldn't even talk to a girl who doesn't have a gap. They are lesser human beings.

I would think a girl with a gap is a lesser human being, and I'm into that. The lesser, the better.

Midhiel
07-25-2012, 06:19 PM
When will people STOP obsessing over everything SOMEONE ELSE LIKES?

Liking something is totally fine, I don't think any intelligent person will disagree. It's just the pressure that is put on a group at large to conform to what others like that is fucked up.

Autoptic
07-25-2012, 08:50 PM
Yeah that's the problem, men don't think lesser of women if they have other qualities besides looks, nor do they think better of them if they have looks. But the femigang says they thinks lesser of men who get pleasure of a body that suits their taste.

Of course, they turn their preferences into moral issues, that pretty boy sprouting virtue stuff, some unilaterally defined "decent human being" or even the explicitly sexist "real man".

Liking something is totally fine, I don't think any intelligent person will disagree. It's just the pressure that is put on a group at large to conform to what others like that is fucked up.

So you're denying their agency? Poor women having to deal with men having minds and tastes of their own. How about the fact that it's just normal for many women try to browbeat and mindfuck men into conforming to their preferences? Somehow that's never okay to mention. They just start spouting that unilaterally defined, pseudo-deep "moral" bullshit to cover it, EVEN HERE.

Of course, there's the lovely feminist dogma that women have it worse, thus the men are pathetic thus should just shut up and be ignored, even mocked, which just perpetuates the dogma itself and the biased reality. Dropping the lie would, of course, prevent it being taken seriously again, at least until a generation or so forgets, so that's not happening.

Midhiel
07-25-2012, 09:08 PM
So you're denying their agency? Poor women having to deal with men having minds and tastes of their own. How about the fact that it's just normal for many women try to browbeat and mindfuck men into conforming to their preferences? Somehow that's never okay to mention. They just start spouting that unilaterally defined, pseudo-deep "moral" bullshit to cover it, EVEN HERE.

Of course, there's the lovely feminist dogma that women have it worse, thus the men are pathetic thus should just shut up and be ignored, even mocked, which just perpetuates the dogma itself and the biased reality. Dropping the lie would, of course, prevent it being taken seriously again, at least until a generation or so forgets, so that's not happening.

What on earth are you even talking about at this point? :laugh: I'll just leave you alone to argue against the straw-woman with my face on it, since you're arguing with me about things I never said or condoned.

Autoptic
07-25-2012, 09:14 PM
What on earth are you even talking about at this point? :laugh: I'll just leave you alone to argue against the straw-woman with my face on it, since you're arguing with me about things I never said or condoned.

Women have preferences, most of these place demands on males to fulfill, but this is okay. There reverse isn't, unless the women sign off on it. You were implying this, even if you don't like it explicitly stated. You might've been trying to frame some sense of equality with a unilateral list of acceptable traits that can be required either way. I've seen that too. It's not equal and many flavors of bad.

Midhiel
07-25-2012, 09:20 PM
Women have preferences, most of these place demands on males to fulfill, but this is okay. There reverse isn't, unless the women sign off on it. You were implying this, even if you don't like it explicitly stated. You might've been trying to frame some sense of equality with a unilateral list of acceptable traits that can be required either way. I've seen that too. It's not equal and many flavors of bad.

No, no, no. What I'm saying is this: if you're attracted to X trait - for example, a gap between women's thighs...

Hold this up as the only standard of beauty and pressure women to change themselves to have a gap between their thighs
Make women who don't have a gap between their thighs feel ugly or unwanted
Look for a woman who has a gap between her thighs

Take the above, reverse all of the gender words, and change a gap between the thighs to, oh, I don't know. Enormous muscles. A 10-inch penis. Still applies.

Autoptic
07-25-2012, 09:24 PM
That's not what the others were on about. That's for damn sure.

Yardy
07-25-2012, 09:39 PM
Not every person with below-average body fat is at an unhealthy weight, in case somebody didn't think of that whilst they crusaded.

Personally, I think on certain women the OP's physical trait looks very good.

Paul Siraisi
07-25-2012, 09:47 PM
I like a little gap. More than orange tights there, though I wouldn't turn it down.

If I wasn't married.

Midhiel
07-25-2012, 09:51 PM
For the record, you don't have to be very skinny to have some gap. I wasn't really sure so I checked - I have a gap, when standing relaxed. (Not that it's usually noticeable because I stand in odd positions most of the time.) But my thighs certainly aren't "skinny". It's just that most of the pictures posted have been women who are quite thin. Their legs are almost sticklike (which is okay, just not what most women are capable of having).

jonnyb
07-25-2012, 09:57 PM

You mean bow-legged, horseback rider with rickets legs?

I actually like that photo, except for the shorts.....sports mesh ain't my thing.

Midhiel
07-25-2012, 10:04 PM

There. She's thin, but doesn't have stick legs or super skinny thighs, but she has a gap. That's what I was referring to.

jonnyb
07-25-2012, 10:12 PM
I would think that guys would benefit from the gap between the thighs, kind of decrease the nut cracker effect............

Autoptic
07-25-2012, 10:16 PM
I would think that guys would benefit from the gap between the thighs, kind of decrease the nut cracker effect............

I'm a 300lb lifter with freakishly shapen lower body. Your junk just doesn't sit far enough back for that to be an issue due to muscle. Maybe if you're obese, but a bit fluffy's not going to do it either.

jonnyb
07-25-2012, 10:19 PM
I'm a 300lb lifter with freakishly shapen lower body. Your junk just doesn't sit far enough back for that to be an issue due to muscle. Maybe if you're obese, but a bit fluffy's not going to do it either.

Wait til you get a little older.....gravity doesn't affect just boobs.

Autoptic
07-25-2012, 10:21 PM
Wait til you get a little older.....gravity doesn't affect just boobs.

Than 31? Gravity pulls down anyway, not back.

ppu6502
07-25-2012, 10:25 PM

There. She's thin, but doesn't have stick legs or super skinny thighs, but she has a gap. That's what I was referring to.

Just as a reminder (and an excuse for this image to show a second time), there's two gaps being talked about in this thread. I think most guys are attracted to the "triangle" gap, not the above "gap" (although she almost has a triangle, close enough) -- the triangle has both "too skinny" and "too fat" criteria.

Also, another reminder, nobody is implying there aren't awesomely attractive girls without the gap, it's just something that some find attractive - like dimples or abs or whatever.

Actually, you can see a triangle on her so it counts. Really, just pretty much ignore this post, I just wanted the image to show up again.

jonnyb
07-25-2012, 10:32 PM
Than 31? Gravity pulls down anyway, not back.

I dread the age where I get to the point of having to worry about sitting on my own junk like a lot of the older, not in too bad of shape, guys who have to reach under their hospital gowns to lift up their junk before sitting.

catzmeow
07-25-2012, 10:32 PM
Do you know what's really hot? Venus dimples.

Autoptic
07-25-2012, 10:33 PM
I dread the age where I get to the point of having to worry about sitting on my own junk like a lot of the older, not in too bad of shape, guys who have to reach under their hospital gowns to lift up their junk before sitting.

Sitting? Wear underwear and don't put your legs together. I'd squish myself long before any lifting sitting with my legs together.

The gap's produced by most women's increased hip width. A guy would either have to skinny or have much freakier female hip width.

Uh, those are easy. Back (full) squats, goodmornings, and (snatch grip) deadlifts make those stand out, even on me.

Zodd
07-25-2012, 10:44 PM
It's not a triangle, it's a diamond shape (with inward curves), it's even called a diamond. Though when the camera angle is more from a above, the diamond becomes a square turned around 45 degrees (with inward curves). Annoys me, like saying generally attractive boobs are cylinder shaped.

Midhiel
07-25-2012, 10:45 PM

Favorite. They're the best.

catzmeow
07-25-2012, 10:47 PM
Favorite. They're the best.

YOu know what else is good? The curve of a woman's hip, down from her waist. That's freaking beautiful.

ppu6502
07-25-2012, 10:49 PM
It's not a triangle, it's a diamond shape (with inward curves), it's even called a diamond. Though when the camera angle is more from a above, the diamond becomes a square turned around 45 degrees (with inward curves). Annoys me, like saying generally attractive boobs are cylinder shaped.

I refuse to open MS Paint and draw a triangle over the exact spot I'm referring to.

The femigangbangers would have my head.

Autoptic
07-25-2012, 10:49 PM

I don't see no steenkin diamond. The mons pubis blows that, unless she's an inny to a freakish degree.

ppu6502
07-25-2012, 10:53 PM
Lower back dimples, line up the spine, all great. That stuff shows up when you're fit and at "ideal" weight or close to it.

Those ones aren't even gender specific, really - I've got it from rowing. :flirt:

Autoptic
07-25-2012, 10:58 PM
Lower back dimples, line up the spine, all great.

That stuff shows up when you're fit and at "ideal" weight or close to it.

Those ones aren't even gender specific, really - I've got it from rowing.

I'm nowhere near ideal weight. BMI says severly obese. Both are just human muscle shapes. Fat doesn't really sit on my lower and the vertical-middle of my back, which I don't think is unusual.

catzmeow
07-25-2012, 10:58 PM
I'm not at an ideal weight, but they're hereditary for some people. I mean, I'm not fat, but you don't have to be super thin to have venus dimples.

Autoptic
07-25-2012, 11:00 PM

That is a triangle with a rounded upper side and the gap I and obviously some other are referring to. What, Zodd, are you referring to?

ppu6502
07-25-2012, 11:02 PM
yes, that's the triangle!

She seems very healthy weight, and fit.

Zodd
07-25-2012, 11:09 PM

That is a triangle with a rounded upper side and the gap I and obviously some other are referring to. What, Zodd, are you referring to?

Imagine if the photocamera was placed higher. The buttcheeks would replace the two point at the side and because of that it would turn into a diamond shape. With thicker women (with dat diamond) you don't have to place the camera higher, because their butt would make it a diamond shape even from that angle.

ppu6502
07-25-2012, 11:10 PM
damn that actually made lots of sense.

Now we have to distinguish between the thicker-butt causing diamond vs regular butt causing triangle. This is getting to be very serious business.

Zodd
07-25-2012, 11:18 PM
It's not only the thicker butt, but that certain area of the butt, that area that is the most pinchable/jiggly. With nice butts it is set apart from the rest of the butt by a barely seeable line. But also the shape of curve of the thighs. And how small the circumference is where the ass and the leg meet. That's all I could figure out, though. I think we need Monte to solve the rest.

Autoptic
07-25-2012, 11:26 PM
I think I have a rare pic of that with glaring sunlight highlighting it, but I'm not pouring through my cute folder for it. Jiggly's usually not to my taste though. Too blobby.

ppu6502
07-25-2012, 11:27 PM
If Monte creates a mathematical model, I'll write up some code which uses top of the line image analysis tools to run that model against a database of from-behind women along with associated meta-data for attractiveness ratings on scale 1-10, BMI, and other some other things. We can finally prove how much correlation there is between triangle/diamond and attractiveness, healthy weight, etc.

pigpjs
07-25-2012, 11:40 PM
Aw, what an adorable tushy! As a lady it doesn't matter (apparently) but I'm going to post anyway and say that some lovely ladies have it, other do not. It doesn't feel like a big deal.

I don't have a gap. Are we still friends? :p

psykhe
07-25-2012, 11:45 PM
Okay, enough of this diamond gap.

Now, let's talk about how big are your penises and how 'long-lasting' they seem to be.

anticlimatic
07-25-2012, 11:51 PM
There are seriously five forum pages (so far) on this unfathomably trite and ridiculous aesthetic?

Zodd
07-25-2012, 11:55 PM
Sigh...I'll just assume you don't have a literal gap, but do have the diamond shape, pigpjs

ppu6502
07-25-2012, 11:59 PM
INTJforum member profiles should contain information on if they have a gap or not, so you can decide who to be friends with and who to talk to.

plotthickens
07-26-2012, 12:00 AM
Okay, enough of this diamond gap.

Now, let's talk about how big are your penises and how 'long-lasting' they seem to be.

Does your dick hang low
DOes it wobble to and fro
Can you tie it in a knot
Can you tie it in a bow
Can you throw it over your shoulder
Like a continental soldier
Does your dick... hang... low?

ppu6502
07-26-2012, 12:02 AM
yes
yes
no, probably not..it would be dangerous
no, same^
no.. damn
yes

eagleseven
07-26-2012, 12:02 AM
Does your dick hang low
Can you tie it in a knot
Can you tie it in a bow
You're racist.

psykhe
07-26-2012, 12:04 AM

:laugh: epic!

Autoptic
07-26-2012, 12:09 AM
Does your dick hang low
Can you tie it in a knot
Can you tie it in a bow

Aww, it's okay, plot. Your fuck buddies will still want you if you don't have a gap. You don't have to feel threatened.

pigpjs
07-26-2012, 12:12 AM
Sigh...I'll just assume you don't have a literal gap, but do have the diamond shape, pigpjs

Oh ... thank goodness. :square:

Zodd
07-26-2012, 12:13 AM
INTJforum member profiles should contain information on if they have a gap or not, so you can decide who to be friends with and who to talk to.

Better would be if everyone would be required to take a picture of it and have it as their avatar.
Or we need some formula ((bmi x fat%) : surface of gap x (sharpness of angle of points of the gap) + (vertical lenght of the gap : horizontal length of the gap)) x height

sircockburn
07-26-2012, 06:07 AM

That looks exactly like the pic I posted earlier, but everyone claimed the girl in the pic I posted was slightly too thin.

---------- Post added 07-26-2012 at 03:10 AM ----------

I don't see no steenkin diamond. The mons pubis blows that, unless she's an inny to a freakish degree.

No wonder introverts don't like being stared at in public. I wouldn't either, if I assumed that everyone scrutinized each others' bodies so thoroughly. :suspicious:

---------- Post added 07-26-2012 at 03:12 AM ----------

Where can I print out a lesbian conversion form?

---------- Post added 07-26-2012 at 03:13 AM ----------

There are seriously five forum pages (so far) on this unfathomably trite and ridiculous aesthetic?

Which you're not only adding to, you're bumping. :p

Nonsuch
07-26-2012, 07:07 AM
Can't we all just agree that gap-envy is another growing problem in modern society ?

:p

---------- Post added 07-26-2012 at 03:10 AM ----------

That looks exactly like the pic I posted earlier, but everyone claimed the girl in the pic I posted was slightly too thin.

No, the girl in your picture seemed to have knee joints as large around as her upper thighs. Too thin.

CrudeHypothesis
07-27-2012, 05:25 AM

~Meow. I mean... I agree.

Nemesis
07-27-2012, 07:18 AM

^^^^^

OBJECTIFIER!!! :shout:

Git'er, Plot!!!!

---------- Post added 07-27-2012 at 07:02 AM ----------

Objectification -- looking at a piece of someone and examining it, then expecting that judgement to be valid for the entire person --

Orly?

No, no, she's obviously suffering from low bone density, desperate fear from looking at your avatar and poor posture. Why else would her knees be knocking?

My apologies, I wasn't quite clear enough. The picture in the OP and the commonly accepted idea of "thigh gap" indicates a clear space while standing in a relaxed posture from the pudendum straight down to the knees. This is not the same as a triangle under the pudendum. Fat stored on women's hips and thighs is especially high in long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids and other yummy things, essential for making smart children (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.).

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Human women are unusual in the first place by how fatty we are. A slim woman can have a body fat percentage of 30%. A chimpanzee female has a body fat percentage around 5%. In this metric, we are closer to whales or polar bears than other primates. The fat is usually concentrated in the buttocks, breasts, thighs, and hips. Studies have shown that the average man finds fat in these areas particularly attractive.

What is this fat for? Interestingly, women tend to lose the fat in these areas as they have children even if they gain weight overall and have plenty to eat. The lose correlates to the number of children a woman has. Lassek and Gaulin found that most of this fat seemed to be lost during nursing. During this period, an average woman eats less than she needs and instead seems to use up this lower body fat.

Why is this happening? It doesn't make sense that women would be just using this fat to give the baby extra calories, because otherwise they would eat more.

Turns out that there is something in this fat tissue that the developing infant brain really needs. The human infant brain is unusually large and it's not just hungry for calories, it's hungry for fat. In particular it's hungry for DHA, the immediately usable form of omega-3 fatty acids that has been found to be crucial for optimal infant brain development.

Unfortunately, the diets of most American women only provide half of the DHA that a pregnant woman and her infant need. Another type of omega-3 fatty acid, Alpha Linoleic Acid (ALA) can be converted to DHA, but this conversion varies (though interestingly pregnant women have upregulated conversion and the placenta also has the ability to push DHA "uphill" creating a higher level of DHA in the infant's blood than in the mother's) and can be down-regulated by excessive omega-6 in the diet.

The authors theorize that towards the end of the pregnancy, a woman eats less in order to foster utilization of her own fat tissues that are rich in DHA. The fat in the hips, buttocks, and thighs has more DHA than the fat in other parts of the body. This DHA has been accumulated over many years, starting in infancy.

I read a frightening Facebook conversation I witnessed in which a girl was bragging about how her thighs didn't touch, another girl mentioned that she was so mad that her thighs kept touching even though she had gotten "thin.". Like this question on Paleohacks (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.), many women find that weight seems to come off everywhere but the thigh/buttock/hip region where the gluteofemoral fat lies. This can be frustrating in a culture where slimness everywhere but the breasts is desired. But seen in the light of the importance of this fat, it makes sense why the body resists mobilizing this fat when weight is lost (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.) and many women can't achieve the thinness they want in this region without getting so thin everywhere else that they are dangerously overweight or their ribs are showing. These women don't have "lipodystrophy," they are normal women whose bodies are trying to remain functional in a world where our body ideals have become dysfunctional

The authors own research that suggests that women with more of this important fat have smarter children (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.).

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. EyXbfuJrqrP6xZyZmElbw << See the difference? >> To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. qScotrviXI6-DNGpJfJ

Storm, If you do have that large thigh gap + no ED, then you are in a very small minority.

plotthickens
07-27-2012, 01:40 PM
Orly?

How does pointing out someone has low bodyfat objectify them? Do you think that "she has low bodyfat" means that I think she has a small brain? It's just an observable fact, hon, objectifying is more complicated. If you have the time to learn:

A good test for Objectifying:

Does the image show only part(s) of a sexualized personís body?
Does the image present a sexualized person as a stand-in for an object?
Does the image show a sexualized person as interchangeable?
Does the image affirm the idea of violating the bodily integrity of a sexualized person that canít consent?
Did my observation focus on a sexualized bodypart, make the body a stand-in, show the OP's pic's body as interchangeable or violated her bodily integrity? Nope, no, Nyet and uh-uh. It was just an observation.

JC22
07-27-2012, 02:07 PM
ah, the female gap

the reason and purpose for my existence

Zodd
07-27-2012, 02:13 PM
How does pointing out someone has low bodyfat objectify them? Do you think that "she has low bodyfat" means that I think she has a small brain? It's just an observable fact, hon, objectifying is more complicated. If you have the time to learn:

Does the image affirm the idea of violating the bodily integrity of a sexualized person that canít consent?
Did my observation focus on a sexualized bodypart, make the body a stand-in, show the OP's pic's body as interchangeable or violated her bodily integrity? Nope, no, Nyet and uh-uh. It was just an observation.

What is a "sexualized" person?

plotthickens
07-27-2012, 02:42 PM
What is a "sexualized" person?

A person who is shown in a sexualized way. See: the societally-impacting phenomenon of Male Gaze.

ppu6502
07-27-2012, 02:56 PM
:rolleyes:

Zodd
07-27-2012, 04:43 PM
An attractive girl probably gets the Male Gaze no matter what she wears, but an ugly girl won't get it ever. Also short skirt vs. joga pants, woman with burka showing ankle vs. a girl in bikini on the beach. Also people who have a fetish for feet and high heels. Plus some girls just like the look on a short skirt, while some wear a thick sweater that shows their curves in a nice way. Some porn movies don't show a lot, but some hollywood movies do and call it artistic.

sagesoph
07-28-2012, 08:39 PM
Wish there way the option "I am a male and I don't like the gap". The poll assumes a gap is preferred by everyone. I like that some guys on here prefer no gap.

I will admit, as superficial as it is, I wish I had a gap. 10lb lighter and I'd have one!

plotthickens
07-29-2012, 01:06 PM
An attractive girl probably gets the Male Gaze no matter what she wears, but an ugly girl won't get it ever.

You don't understand what Male Gaze is.

Cooper
07-29-2012, 01:22 PM
I could only stomach the first couple of pages of this thread, but did find the need to point out that the "gap" can be and often is influenced by bone structure. The set and pitch of the hip joints, the natural bend in the femur and also by the length of the tendons attaching the femur to the pelvis.

Ely
07-29-2012, 04:13 PM
Add a poll option called, why the hell should I care?
I don't see the point in this.

Uncle Mort
07-29-2012, 04:14 PM
I could only stomach the first couple of pages of this thread, but did find the need to point out that the "gap" can be and often is influenced by bone structure. The set and pitch of the hip joints, the natural bend in the femur and also by the length of the tendons attaching the femur to the pelvis.

Thank you Dr. Cooper.

Zodd
07-29-2012, 05:29 PM

It's about physiques of women so I don't see the point in your post.

Megalomania
07-29-2012, 05:35 PM
[LIST=1]

Does the porn you recommended for underage girls stand up to this rigid measure?

CrudeHypothesis
07-30-2012, 06:18 AM

Oh Ely, you know I can't do that. :mellow:

Purgatid
07-30-2012, 09:11 AM
I think OP forgot to add this option:

Underachiever
02-02-2013, 09:03 PM
I like the gap, only because girls with the gap are generally thin, and I like girls who are thin because I like a girl I can lift easily under one arm. However, the gap between the thighs doesn't really do anything for me in its own right.

The diamond/triangle butt gap thingy is nice, though... Means a girl isn't all flabby. Which is good, because flabby is something I just don't care for, whether a girl's small or not.

While I like certain traits, I wouldn't say I'm objectifying anyone or saying all women should have this trait... It's merely a personal preference. One girl I dated probably weighed like 90 pounds... Another probably weighed like 150. It doesn't really matter to me as far as dictating my behavior -- certain things are simply aesthetically pleasing and nothing more. Feminazis should realize that it's a similar argument with abs... Abs are the most useless muscle on the body. Yet women love abs. Thigh gaps are useless. Guys like thigh gaps. Both suggest things about the person who has them -- that the men with abs are fit and that the women with thigh gaps are thin or have nice bone structure -- this doesn't mean that the trait (abs or thigh gap) is required to have whatever the trait suggests... It doesn't matter, at the end of the day it's so trivial that it doesn't even matter. If you go to the bed at the end of the day feeling good because your man has abs or your woman has a thigh gap, you have issues... That's objectification, in a practically applied manner. No one here is saying that this is how we feel. We're just saying hey, the trait's nice.

ummon
10-05-2013, 03:13 PM
Saw an article which caused me to remember this thread: To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Saul
10-05-2013, 04:10 PM
I can imagine a lot of women going "fuck, another thing to worry about!" reading this.

YellowSubmarine
10-06-2013, 01:26 PM
I can't imagine that women who worry about things like the thigh gap spend much time on this forum at all.

Zodd
10-06-2013, 03:46 PM
Bow to the gap, fuckers!

Saul
10-06-2013, 06:17 PM
I can't imagine that women who worry about things like the thigh gap spend much time on this forum at all.

Lol so true. Let's publish this thread in cosmo!

I'm going to go start a "1000 ways to please your man so he won't leave you" thread for this too, since we all know men are not getting their entire list of needs met.

Done ;D

CheCosa
10-06-2013, 08:53 PM
It's a sign of anorexia in most cases, IMO. I agree with SeverusSin, only a little gap at the apex of the thighs. Any farther than that, and I'm inclined to sit you down in front of a large plate of grits. Poor scrawny child, would you like some collared greens? How about fettuccine?

caoimhin
11-16-2013, 10:01 PM
Would you by chance happen to know the name of said Japanese term for the space between a woman's thighs?

CREB
11-17-2013, 11:23 AM
what if you are a dude with this gap?

Mattandsuch
11-17-2013, 11:41 AM
Damn, we're just making shit up to be critical about now.

Miles1993
11-29-2013, 03:17 PM
The gap is dependent on two variables: the width of the hips and the quantity of fatty tissue within the thigh region. For example, woman with narrow hips, but a large gap between her thighs typically indicates that she may be malnourished or has a deficiency of estrogen. Looks do not matter much with this topic - it's about what is healthy.

Ghoster
11-29-2013, 03:23 PM
Where's the "I'm male and I like meaty thighs" option? :(

NoQuarter
11-29-2013, 04:55 PM
Where's the "I'm male and I like meaty thighs" option? :(

This. My attention was only really drawn to "thigh gap" attraction after a weird conversation with my flatmate. We were discussing what we find most attractive about women physically and he went on a good long 5 minute rant about thigh gap which I couldn't even begin to recite, which left the room in silence afterwards.

I much prefer "curvy" women, just find it far more feminine.

Ghoster
11-29-2013, 05:26 PM
I didn't even know thigh gap was a thing until I came to this forum. Apparently it's a big deal to most people? No idea how someone can get turned on by empty space, but to each his own I guess. :awesome:

Dung
11-29-2013, 05:34 PM
Dung doesn't give a shit either.

kintsukuroi
11-30-2013, 12:52 AM
[x] I'm male and I pity anyone who gives a single fuck about meaningless shit like this.

Nonsuch
11-30-2013, 08:35 AM
It is a scientfically known fact that an appreciation of the thigh gap is what separates the men from the boys.

:beatnik:

GoldBoost
11-30-2013, 12:20 PM
It is a scientfically known fact that an appreciation of the thigh gap is what separates the men from the boys.

:beatnik:

You're using the "hipster jazz douche" emote incorrectly.
Actually no, you're using it right. Nice.

Nonsuch
11-30-2013, 03:00 PM
What can I say, sometimes I poke fun at myself.

Gaps is serious business you know.

Smacknrat
11-30-2013, 07:35 PM
I don't know why I always found this attractive. I don't feel like a weirdo now.

HackerX
12-02-2013, 07:00 AM
I don't understand why so much time is being spent on the empty space between a girls legs and not that wonderful body part just above it? If you care more about a bit of air than that, you're doing it wrong.

NoQuarter
12-02-2013, 07:19 AM
I guess some of you guys would be the only ones walking around with an erection in a concentration camp.

Doc Savage
12-02-2013, 08:29 AM

As long as my hips fit in the gap, I don't care one way or the other.

Auntie
12-02-2013, 08:34 AM

eat your hearts out boys...happy Monday

Fresh Face
12-04-2013, 06:53 PM
I don't understand why so much time is being spent on the empty space between a girls legs and not that wonderful body part just above it? If you care more about a bit of air than that, you're doing it wrong.

because the former makes the latter more accessible DUH.

HackerX
12-09-2013, 06:56 AM
because the former makes the latter more accessible DUH.

If she's lying on her back with her legs spread and you're having accessibility issues, you've most likely managed to get confused with which end is which and should consider stepping back and re-evaluating. Your life.

Uriel
12-09-2013, 07:28 AM
Males who have the gap between the thighs use them for storing whatchamacallits (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.).