PDA

View Full Version : types that you get along with and get annoyed at

Mad as a Hatter
02-11-2012, 11:48 PM
Well, the title says it all really. what type annoys you the most and which do you get along best with?

I'll start.
Type that i get along best with: INFP (Though i can pretty much get along with any type :D)

Type that annoys me the most: ESTJ (This probably has something to do with the fact that my mother is an ESTJ)

No offense to any ESTJs on here. I'm sure some of you are perfectly charming.

Selene
02-12-2012, 07:14 AM
The types I'm generally annoyed with are better represented by one the four personality types found in D.O.P.E. - peacocks. Their incessant chattering about mundane things bore and annoy me to no end.

As for MBTI types I get along well with ENTPs, ENTJSs and INFJs.

Strange Moon
02-12-2012, 09:18 AM
The people dearest to me are ISTJ, INFP and a few INTJs so I guess I get along with those types pretty well.

Ferbguy101
02-12-2012, 09:23 AM
INTPs,ENTPs=get along with
INTJs,ENTJ,ESTJs,ESFPs,ESFJs,ISTJs,ISFJ,ISFPs usually bug me

speiss
02-12-2012, 09:56 AM
INTPs, ENTPs and INFPs ^_^

Anemoi
02-12-2012, 10:17 AM
ENFPs may appear as social butterflies for me, but they have something different... while they can be a tad annoying sometimes, they usually bring a happy and fresh attitude.

INFPs are great too, they are very sensitive, imaginative and often like interesting music.

INFJs have an interesting profile of compassionate visionaries which is nice too.

I admire ENTJs for their desire to lead and get out to the chaotic world, and I like listening to INTJ ideas. ISTPs and their down to earth mastery in tools and practical stuff is very interesting.

On the other hand:

I am exhausted by the ESFP need for fun and action on a continuous basis, it really is annoying and draining. I don't get along with most ISFPs either.

ESTJs when they're on the business side can be really annoying, they may want to to business with everything.

Seablue
02-12-2012, 10:30 AM
Type that I get along with best : I would say INTP, INFP, ENFP. INTJ perhaps but I don't have much "in real life" experiences with fellow INTJs.

Type that I don't get along with : Hard to say, I don't type everyone I get in contact with. ENFJ perhaps. I actually know an ENFJ I like but it's very clear to me that we couldn't become closer, he tends to push my buttons. To put it simply, I can't trust him.

Generally speaking, I noticed that :
The E/I difference creates some tension. Extroverts tend to be a little "too much" for me. The S/I difference is the source of a certain distance between me and others, because it's rare that we communicate on the same level. The J/P difference doesn't seem to make a difference.
That's why I have some very good friends who are ENTJ, ISFP, ISTJ, but I didn't put them in my lists of types I get along with best.

darniem
02-12-2012, 04:55 PM
I know an INFP who is the closest thing to a soul mate I've ever met, and I don't even believe in soul mates. We get along wonderfully and have the same taste in pretty much everything.

I also have an ISTJ friend who I look up to and admire tremendously. He pushes me to my limits in good ways, and has taught me more about myself then I could have ever imagined.

So I actually like INFPs and ISTJs so far...and of course, other INTJs. A close friend of mine in college is an INTJ and we text each other ALL THE TIME. It's sick. We even watch the same shows at home and text each other comments as if we're in the room together about the show. Sad.

Rsquared
02-12-2012, 07:17 PM
Literally all of my friends are idealists. Most commonly being the INFJ and ENFJ...but my boyfriend is an ENFP and so is one of my closest friends. I get along the best with them out of anyone. I've come across a few other rationals and we get along really well, but I always seem to find myself surrounded by idealists. It's kind of like a zoo exhibit, but if I'm the animal being watched by all of them, I'm enjoying watching them just as much. I don't know though, just the way the cookie crumbles. Odd though I've never found myself to be friends with the artisans or guardians. I think guardians actually irk me the most...

thebrainpolice
02-12-2012, 07:41 PM
I've found that someone's MBTI type has little to with how well I get along with them. That said I will mention ESTJs and ESTPs as types I get along with just because a disproportionate number of my friends and family members seem to be those types.

Owfin
02-12-2012, 07:54 PM
I'm not sure. It would be easier to say which types I "connected" with or understood the best.

I think the ones I connect with the best are ESTJs. We don't misinterpret each other. They give good advice because it's logical and lucid. I don't feel like they are being mean to me, and I'm sure it feels good for them to not be thought as brutal for once. And I can talk about ideas with them in my way, sort of. Sometimes people protest that something's just an idea and you should just let it be without criticizing it, but ESTJs will analyze and scrutinize it, no sacredness for imagination.

The one that bother me the most... probably ISTPs. We're on two different planets. This happens a lot with all of the SPs, but ISTPs seem to be the most aloof and impersonal of them all. Ti is dealing with its own logic thing, and Se comes across as clinical. I'm sure that a lot of my thoughts are misinterpretations of them. It just makes me wonder. And I bet at least one of my friends is an ISTP, I don't know who, but there probably is one.

Athalie
02-12-2012, 07:56 PM
Hmm I don't think this can be broken down into personality types - at least not from my experience.

I get along with people of all personality types as long as they're introspective and can appreciate that we come at things from different angles. For the most part I think people mean well and empathise with one another - we just all have out own ways of showing it and it's up to people to appreciate that.

Whilst some personality types are more naturally introspective than others, my experience of people is that it comes down to maturity above everything else.

dontmesswithme
02-12-2012, 08:33 PM
I've found that ESTJ women hate me. Although, I'm not exactly keen on them either.

pip
02-14-2012, 01:58 AM
I am annoyed by dickheads.
This is wholly indifferent to any arrangement of letters.

sircockburn
02-14-2012, 02:57 PM
I like INTPs, ENTPs, INTJs, select ENTJs, and ISTJs (my boyfriend is one, lol).

ESTJs can be a prickly pain in the ass to work with. They are incredibly demanding of your time, and the ones I've dealt with would get upset about rules being broken even if it led to a better outcome.

I've tried dating one....*shudder*

I'm not sure. It would be easier to say which types I "connected" with or understood the best.

I think the ones I connect with the best are ESTJs. We don't misinterpret each other. They give good advice because it's logical and lucid. I don't feel like they are being mean to me, and I'm sure it feels good for them to not be thought as brutal for once. And I can talk about ideas with them in my way, sort of. Sometimes people protest that something's just an idea and you should just let it be without criticizing it, but ESTJs will analyze and scrutinize it, no sacredness for imagination.

The one that bother me the most... probably ISTPs. We're on two different planets. This happens a lot with all of the SPs, but ISTPs seem to be the most aloof and impersonal of them all. Ti is dealing with its own logic thing, and Se comes across as clinical. I'm sure that a lot of my thoughts are misinterpretations of them. It just makes me wonder. And I bet at least one of my friends is an ISTP, I don't know who, but there probably is one.

Se clinical?? :suspicious: I can scarcely imagine an ESFP as "clinical." You may be mixing Se up with Ti or Ni or introversion in general. Se is down-to-earth, rugged, action-oriented. It gets down and dirty.

I'd actually describe xSTJs as clinical. Not that it's an epithet at all - it's just a very 3rd person way of responding to the world.

sevans
02-14-2012, 03:07 PM
I don't really like dealing with people that are extroverted. It's not them personally, it's the effort I have to put in to keep from looking like a complete sociopath. My experience with extroverts is that I get invited to parties and outings much more often than when I hang out with my normal friends. Don't get me wrong, I love parties, but I love observing people at parties. I'm not social, I'm not part of the group, I'm not part of general society; I probably never will be, and I'm fine with that. Just don't make me try to be part of the group because that is not who I am.

CaelestisPeste
02-14-2012, 06:59 PM
My dad's an ESTJ and so is my best friend. They're great, but I can't stand them sometimes. Like someone else has stated, they're very demanding, almost selfish even. Of course, there are some good features, but I can't seem list them off the top off my head right now.

Async
02-14-2012, 07:14 PM
The two people who annoyed me to no end are SF. Maybe it is a big generalization but I keep a wide berth for those types.

My best friends are: ISTP, xNTP, INFx

so I guess you can say that I can deal with S and F, just not together

Owfin
02-14-2012, 09:25 PM
Se clinical?? :suspicious: I can scarcely imagine an ESFP as "clinical." You may be mixing Se up with Ti or Ni or introversion in general. Se is down-to-earth, rugged, action-oriented. It gets down and dirty.

I'd actually describe xSTJs as clinical. Not that it's an epithet at all - it's just a very 3rd person way of responding to the world.

I know, it sounds crazy. It's just that Si is very introverted and subjective, and the externalness of Se throws me off. Se also looks more clinical with an ISTP (which was what I was describing; how Se comes off in an ISTP) than an ESFP because of the dominant Ti coloring it.

My impression of Se is it seems to be sort of a radar collecting information about the external world. I don't know a lot about it though.

JC22
02-14-2012, 09:28 PM
I get along with ENTJs and all INXXs.

anisoptera
02-20-2012, 10:53 AM
I get along pretty well with INFP and INTP.. Extroverts drained my energy..can't tolerate them sometimes..

Weltschmerzer
02-20-2012, 11:22 AM
I really like INTJs. I also like INTPs, ENTPs, INFPs, INFJs, ENTJs, and ESTJs, roughly in that order. I really only dislike ESFJs and ENFJs with a weak N. ESFJs I've encountered are obnoxious bullies and blatant hypocrites.

Litchee
02-20-2012, 11:50 AM
I always seem to find myself surrounded by idealists. It's kind of like a zoo exhibit

Opposite for me. I'm the only Idealist I know :laugh: I may know a few more among my acquaintances but we're in no way close.
My family are all Guardians. My close friends are all Rationals except for one Artisan.

As for the type thing, I pretty much only know one of each so it's hard to separate the type from the person...
I love Rationals 'cause they're thinkers, but Introversion is really important to me, so I guess it's only fitting that my two best friends should be INTP and INTJ.
I like Artisans because I love talking about art, music, etc. But it tends to get tiring after a while without an N around.
I know a few ISTJs and we get along well, except when they try to boss me around. :furious:
As a whole Guardians are not easy but I can handle 'em. My own personal hell would be to find myself stuck with them and only them, though. :wreck:

Distance
02-20-2012, 12:01 PM
ESJs drive me nuts. Female ESTPs can be obnoxious as a generality, where I really quite like ESTP males (although they burn me out quickly)...except for Cpt. Kirk (whether Shatner or Pine's version). Kirk rubs me the same way as female ESTPs.

Beyond that, the like or dislike parts are based on individuals.

MrFlaneur
02-20-2012, 12:07 PM
Hate - ESFJ. ESTP.

Love - ENTP/J, NFs of all hues.

zwsplac
02-20-2012, 12:55 PM
I'll admit not really knowing the personalities of many of the people I like or dislike, but I do well with INFJs, ISTJs, ENFPs, and ENTPs. I also do well with ESFPs, believe it or not, but only in moderate doses.

About the only personality I know I have problems with are INTJs believe it or not. I know a bunch of them, and I do well with half of them, but have a really hard time with others. The ones I have a hard time with are "INTJs Gone Bad", people who are socially undeveloped and have spent too much time living in their own minds and don't really have much of a grasp on reality or dealing with other people.