PDA

View Full Version : Just plain, simple, Frank

Frank
10-01-2007, 01:10 AM
Hello everyone.

I am new to forums but I'm no stranger to personality profiling. I'm a INTJ and so i share many of the same traits as many of you; I enjoy chess, reading, and learning how systems and things work. But i differ in some ways from the rest of you; I tend to be more introverted then most of you, I study history but only flirt with science and techology, I enjoy martial arts, and maybe some other things that I forgot as well.

Forgive me for going on and on about myself but I suspect many of you are like me and enjoy listening better than talking, so I will do my best to Indulge you all by telling you a little bit about me. I was born in a suburb of Kansas City Missouri. After graduating high school i thought joining the military would be the best way to pay for my "schooling" and in exchange for this I offered the Air Force my capabilities with electronics. I went to Mississippi for training and then came out to Sacramento where I decided to stay after my enlistment was finished. After the military I decided to go to school but I found that electrical engineering required far greater dedication than I was willing to give and so I decided to go with my first love, history. I am 27 years old and I will hopefully graduate in the fall, I don't know what I will do with this history degree and I sure hope I'll think of something.

Tarrick
10-01-2007, 01:39 AM
Welcome to the club Frank.

Jezebel
10-01-2007, 02:19 AM
Hmmm... how do you know you're more introverted than most of us?

(oh, and welcome!)

Frank
10-01-2007, 03:12 AM
Hmmm... how do you know you're more introverted than most of us?

(oh, and welcome!)

Well Iíll have to be honest with ya. I have no way of knowing if Iím more introverted than all of you but Iím pretty sure about me. I usually score 100% on introversion and only wish I could push it to 110%. I have had the chance to read many peopleís profiles and scores and I donít think they are like me in that regard. Donít worry too much because because I was only trying to focus on my differences with everyone else here.

:) thanks for the reply

Jezebel
10-01-2007, 04:25 AM
I usually score 100% on introversion and only wish I could push it to 110%
What's your reason for wanting to be more introverted?

Frank
10-01-2007, 10:44 PM
I am not aware of any logical reason why want to be more introverted. But I find acts of extroversion very exhaustive. Usually I am most happy when I look inwards. I wish I could understand why but is who I am.

wise
10-01-2007, 11:23 PM
I am not aware of any logical reason why want to be more introverted. But I find acts of extroversion very exhaustive. Usually I am most happy when I look inwards. I wish I could understand why but is who I am.

Welcom plain, simple Frank. I can relate to your thoughts.

Jezebel
10-02-2007, 12:09 AM
But being more introverted would only make acts of extroversion (and I assume that everyone has to deal with them at least sometimes) even more exhausting. If you want to find them less exhausting, then wouldn't it be better to be a little more extroverted? Or, rather than increasing your level of introvertedness, do you mean that you would like to withdraw more to satisfy your current level of introversion?

Sorry Frank, I'm not trying to pick fights. That just caught my eye.

Frank
10-02-2007, 12:42 AM
But being more introverted would only make acts of extroversion (and I assume that everyone has to deal with them at least sometimes) even more exhausting. If you want to find them less exhausting, then wouldn't it be better to be a little more extroverted? Or, rather than increasing your level of introvertedness, do you mean that you would like to withdraw more to satisfy your current level of introversion?

Sorry Frank, I'm not trying to pick fights. That just caught my eye.

No apology is neccesary. I enjoy exploring this.

I guess you are suggesting that I "will" myself to be more extroverted. However I am skeptical as to if I truly have any free will in this regard.

As Schopenhauer said "A human may very well do what he wants, but he cannot will what he wants"

It is not as though being introverted is a positive or negative thing I believe it to be neither. Also you mustn't think I'm some sorta isolated hermit living in a cave, I have learned to live with the outside :)

But you may be right that though i find discomforting to be extroverted i could build up a tolerance to it, like one acquires a taste for beer, But I would rather be a teetotaler.