PDA

View Full Version : Hello

animado
07-07-2008, 10:47 PM
Hi, thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a 20 year old female INTJ... I'm currently earning my undergrad in music theory, and I hope to one day get my doctorate and be a professor. I only quite recently started researching MBTI stuff, and discovered my INTJ identity. I'm looking forward to using the forum and getting to know you all! :)

notoppings
07-07-2008, 11:39 PM
Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy your time here.

Fridays Child
07-08-2008, 12:41 AM
I think you'll find some people here as interesting as yourself....welcome!

katbird
07-08-2008, 12:53 AM
New myself....hope to find some type discourse that will keep my brain up and running.

katbird added to this post, 2 minutes and 28 seconds later...

I'm currently earning my undergrad in music theory, and I hope to one day get my doctorate and be a professor.

Good luck, Doctor. Keep the momentum going....

Seppuku Savant
07-08-2008, 03:24 AM
Welcome. Enjoy yourself.

Elfrun
07-08-2008, 05:24 AM
Greets professor-to-be animado.

Jump in, make some posts, we're a friendly bunch around here :)

*prepares mind sapping device* This brain looks juicy :sneaky:

ssrprotege
07-08-2008, 05:54 AM
Welcome.

I also hope I could be a professor.

IgnoranceIsKind
07-08-2008, 08:17 AM
Likewise, my dream is also to be a professor. But for now its academic slave labour, though I haven't much qualms with that. You will find many like-minded people, animado.

Welcome! ;D

faedra
07-08-2008, 10:01 AM
Hmm I'm currently vacillating between Biology and Music, but there's still quite a long time before I have to decide. Good luck to you anyways! And out of curiosity, which instrument(s) do you play?

animado
07-08-2008, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the nice welcome, everyone : )

Hmm I'm currently vacillating between Biology and Music, but there's still quite a long time before I have to decide. Good luck to you anyways! And out of curiosity, which instrument(s) do you play?

Nice to see another musician on here! : ) I'm a violist, but can get by on violin, and play piano at about an intermediate level.

What do you play? Biology and music sounds like a lot of work, but I've heard from a lot of professors and musicians that it's a really smart idea to double major in something like bio or a foreign language along with music, just incase the music plans don't work out. So it sounds like you're on the right track : )

rwyatt365
07-08-2008, 01:34 PM
Ok, you can use the forum just make sure you put it back where you found it - some folks around here get pretty ticked off when things get messed up.

Monte314
07-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Hey, I AM a professor... It's the best!

I was a little surprised that an INTJ would be into music as an academic pursuit until I noticed it was not performance music, but music theory. Cool!

foroneonly
07-08-2008, 06:53 PM
Welcome to the forum. Music theory? That sounds like an interesting field of study.

animado
07-08-2008, 10:18 PM
That's awesome, Monte! I can't wait to spend the rest of my life in the academic world :)

Music theory is very intj. It's all about analysis and finding patterns and relationships in the way music is created. It's fun, but a very unpopular major.

ssrprotege
07-08-2008, 11:21 PM
That's awesome, Monte! I can't wait to spend the rest of my life in the academic world :)

Music theory is very intj. It's all about analysis and finding patterns and relationships in the way music is created. It's fun, but a very unpopular major.

I was once into conducting to the point I had conflicts with my parents. I remember digging into music theory books. Glad to hear that it is very INTJ, as I plan to take music courses as, at least for sure, electives. :)

Edit: Never mind about my type, I am just poorly role-playing out of temporary boredom.

faedra
07-09-2008, 10:24 AM
What do you play? Biology and music sounds like a lot of work, but I've heard from a lot of professors and musicians that it's a really smart idea to double major in something like bio or a foreign language along with music, just incase the music plans don't work out. So it sounds like you're on the right track : )

Oh, I've tried my hand on the violin a few years ago but it didn't work out there. But I'm going for my piano diploma soon, far too soon :scared: Not that good on the clarinet, but it's tolerable, at least. And thanks for the academic advice too :)

Vertigo
07-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Hi animado, welcome to the forum and I envy you, I wish I stayed in school, good luck to you!!!