PDA

View Full Version : Cocky, Overconfident, Sarcastic, Smart Ass

ShadowX26
07-05-2008, 03:10 AM
People frequently use these words to describe me. How about the rest of you?

Antares
07-05-2008, 07:48 AM
Sarcastic, Cynical, Smart, Genius, Scary (good diction, SongofSeptember), Insensitive, Quiet

Night
07-05-2008, 07:50 AM
Hmm...

Against the context of my forum peers, unusual would probably be the best choice.

Homini Lupus
07-05-2008, 07:56 AM
Strange, stoic, stubborn, straight, toughtful, closed, close minded, square headed, scary, silent, caustic. Generally people notice my ordered part and think I'm just that.

ssrprotege
07-05-2008, 08:03 AM
My behaviour tends to vary depending on whom I am dealing with. As a result, some descriptions are in striking contrasts.

Common (both people who know me well and who don't): stubborn, inflexible, rigid, driven, complex, smart(-ass), pun-loving (NOT fun), organized (heh, my binder is hell well organized) random, loves patterns, reserved, quiet, hard-to-get-to-know, serious, determined, weird, unusual, close-minded (only with the ones who don't have common denominators..)

Ones to whom I opened my mind to describe me as: disorganized, relaxed, leisurely (esp. my parents), last-minute, absent-minded, forgetful, self-doubting, open-minded, inquisitive

kriss
07-05-2008, 08:16 AM
Haha, was called these many times when i was a student. Now, I'm slightly more mature and people generally describe me as "confident". I don't think any of the above are uncommon for us.

Monte314
07-05-2008, 10:51 AM
sir, professor, Mr. Monte, kurios...

... and, of course, "Hey, you...."

curiousjane
07-05-2008, 11:00 AM
My behaviour tends to vary depending on whom I am dealing with. As a result, some descriptions are in striking contrasts.

Common (both people who know me well and who don't): stubborn, inflexible, rigid, driven, complex, smart(-ass), pun-loving (NOT fun), organized (heh, my binder is hell well organized) random, loves patterns, reserved, quiet, hard-to-get-to-know, serious, determined, weird, unusual, close-minded (only with the ones who don't have common denominators..)

Ones to whom I opened my mind to describe me as: disorganized, relaxed, leisurely (esp. my parents), last-minute, absent-minded, forgetful, self-doubting, open-minded, inquisitive
You have just described my favorite INTJ to the letter. :suspicious:

jikin
07-05-2008, 11:48 AM
calm, quiet, strange, happy, smart, anti-social

einnelsate
07-05-2008, 12:37 PM
loud, confident, serious, unconventional, intimidating, smart, anti-social.

ShadowX26
07-05-2008, 01:10 PM
I am also described as being very quiet, unless I am around close friends. Some people also say that I am boring because I don't take part in their conversations. When someone asks me something I will usually respond with: "I don't know" or "I don't care", because more than half the time I am probably not listening to what they are saying.

kubrickfan
07-05-2008, 01:56 PM

Oh yeah. I'm an abrasive, smart ass, dork, weird, unfun, stubborn, arrogant ass. But they love me for it.

I think. :laugh:

kubrickfan added to this post, 3 minutes and 6 seconds later...

When someone asks me something I will usually respond with: "I don't know" or "I don't care", because more than half the time I am probably not listening to what they are saying.

Yeah that's where people call me an ass.

manger
07-05-2008, 03:00 PM
Hmm, the one I get most often is probably callipygian.

Fridays Child
07-05-2008, 03:24 PM
To many of the above, I will add private/secretive...word choice depends upon whether they like me or not.

Friends who have known me for years and heard my opinions on a wide range of subjects still claim to know nothing about me. By this, they generally mean that I am too intellectually based and emotionally detached for their taste.

To which I respond....well, duh!

Which distracts them by making them laugh, and circumvents prying. Makes a neat circle.

Rishki
07-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Sarcastic, smart ass, heartless, souless, anti-social, reserved, snobbish, weirdo, nerd, quiet, a brick wall

fonmaneal
07-05-2008, 10:02 PM
The worse thing I have ever been is "such a nice person".
That was uncalled for.

Synamon
07-05-2008, 11:49 PM
Heck, I call MYSELF a smart ass, proudly. Much better than a dumb ass.

ShadowX26
07-06-2008, 01:54 AM
Heck, I call MYSELF a smart ass, proudly. Much better than a dumb ass.
I totally agree with this.

True Rune
07-06-2008, 02:56 AM
..I don't really get called things or described, but I imagine a few of those could apply to me. The worst thing I was ever called was probably "unoriginal".. (which was only once)

Other than that, I just get weird.

kubrickfan
07-06-2008, 02:58 AM
..I don't really get called things or described, but I imagine a few of those could apply to me. The worst thing I was ever called was probably "unoriginal".. (which was only once)

I would hate being called unorginal. That jerk.

azelismia
07-06-2008, 04:21 AM
supercalifragilisticexpialadocious

I hear it every day.

Seppuku Savant
07-06-2008, 04:47 AM
Aloof
Calm
Rational
Intelligent
Cold (I don't think I'm cold. I'm told that the most.)
Direct
Enigma
Snob
Untouchable

Timdotz
07-06-2008, 06:35 AM
Proud, obnoxious, smart-ass, quiet, dark, strange, odd, rushed, confident, unique, wise, quiet, stubborn...

Neuro
07-06-2008, 07:21 AM
I get brash/arrogant rather than overconfident, which is appropriate. I also often get: thoughtful, reserved, intense, eccentric, cold, intimidating, too serious.

Oops I forgot "judgmental". Huge. Also "intelligent" or variations of that.

Ice Wolf
07-06-2008, 07:29 AM
Only thing I get are hints of being a loner and constant thinker, iconoclast, stubborn, odd, great ego, mysterious, evasive, theoretical, arrogant, lost in time, emotionless, calm, silent, closed, remote, out of my mind, unconventional, cynical. I usually thank them for pointing out the obvious.

I don't get direct answers often since everybody are too scared to say anything. :devilish:

When I occasionally make a mistake to become too friendly (drunk) they really start to throw insults into my face: charming... it would only took 20 seconds of silence and deadly serious eye-contact for them to run into dark corner. But usually I am to drunk (=nice) to do such a thing. :(

faedra
07-06-2008, 08:19 AM
Insensitive, antisocial, arrogant, intelligent. And "can't you be more like a girl?" or its numerous variations about twice a week.

mkay
07-06-2008, 01:35 PM
I've been called honest, direct, friendly, supportive, considerate, someone with a can-do attitude, hard-working. I've also been called cold-hearted and mean. Someone recently called me shy, which I found entertaining. I'm not shy; I just know when to shut up, even though I'm an ENTP, lol.

Synamon
07-06-2008, 01:43 PM
I've been called honest, direct, friendly, supportive, considerate, someone with a can-do attitude, hard-working.

Wow, quite the dramatic difference to how an ENTP is perceived by the world and how us misunderstood INTJ's are described. I am actually all those things mkay just listed, but am NEVER described that way except by those few who I am closest to.

spittingvenom
07-08-2008, 02:37 PM
of late it has mainly been asshole.

animado
07-08-2008, 03:40 PM
aloof, calm, goal-oriented, determined, smart, polite, formal

Doppelbock
07-08-2008, 03:58 PM

What, you mean you weren't talking about me to begin with?

lollardy2000
07-08-2008, 05:22 PM
of late it has mainly been asshole.

yes it has been slurpingvenom!

lollardy2000 added to this post, 1 minutes and 15 seconds later...

yes

curiousjane
07-08-2008, 05:25 PM
COSSAs, the lot of you!

onlyparallel
07-08-2008, 06:34 PM
The lot of you are cocky overconfident saracastic smart asses? That's funny, because I really admire people like that. In my mind, that's a compliment. Especially the sarcasm because it's insanely funny when used properly.

lambpox
07-08-2008, 06:46 PM
sarcastic, smart-ass, intelligent, theoretical, stubborn, big ego (by my sister, an ENTJ :p) scatter-brained, mean (called by people who don't know what sarcasm is!) odd, emotionless, blank, death eyes, random, mysterious, quiet, artistic, too nice, too polite, helpful, witty, unique, cold in some aspects (I don't like physical touch), geek, crazy, anxious.

I'm called "death eyes" due to my ability to stare people down. I have very large, brightly colored eyes with a bunch of eyelashes, and I can stare at people for ages with a blank face. So, it's intimidating? I've been called that as well...hard to approach too. To strangers I seem very, very cold and mysterious, apparently! But, in reality I'm pretty nice, yet not touchy. Eww, touchiness.

Vathir
07-09-2008, 01:18 AM
Been called:Smart, cocky, arrogant, mean, quiet, smartass

Liason
07-09-2008, 01:45 AM
the friends and family I'm closest to think the very word to describe me is modest said with thick sarcasm. What can I say when I've done something genius? I'm a genius!

kubrickfan
07-09-2008, 02:11 PM
the friends and family I'm closest to think the very word to describe me is modest said with thick sarcasm. What can I say when I've done something genius? I'm a genius!

:laugh: Very true.

Liason
07-09-2008, 02:25 PM
Right? They just don't seem to have those moments. Maybe it's because they never do anything genius. If they did, they'd understand. or maybe not still :wiseguy:

kubrickfan
07-09-2008, 02:29 PM
Everytime I do something that is incredible, I say it is. I'm just stating the obvious. Nothing is wrong with that. Nor with genius. I can't understand why they don't get it.

Beery Swine
07-09-2008, 08:13 PM
The last two, yes, the first, rarely, the second, not really.

Nuzke
07-09-2008, 10:44 PM
Arragont the most common, mean and cold.

Stella
07-09-2008, 11:00 PM
I've frequently been told I'm opinionated, intelligent, a smart-ass, odd, artistic, complex.

I'm not quite sure what "complex" is supposed to mean. Aren't most people complex in the sense that no one is able to fully understand another person's existence?

It seems "smart-ass" is quite common to people here. :P

Liason
07-09-2008, 11:05 PM
When people call me a smart-ass, I promptly comply with a, "my ass doesn't even have a brain, you must think I have deity-like intelligence." If I'm particularly cheerful I'll add in a "Of course, compared to you I probably am.

Nostalgia
07-09-2008, 11:56 PM
"You are not very nice, I don't like you anymore.":wideeyed:

kubrickfan
07-10-2008, 01:25 PM
When people call me a smart-ass, I promptly comply with a, "my ass doesn't even have a brain, you must think I have deity-like intelligence." If I'm particularly cheerful I'll add in a "Of course, compared to you I probably am.

When I'm called a smart ass, I ususally respond with "Awww you think so? I was beginning to worry it would never be smart!"

IF3157
07-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Cynical, dry, sarcastic, caustic, smart, idealistic, aloof, weird, amoral, psychic :huh:, weird, brutal, sweet, absent-minded, loopy, serious, brave, stubborn, insensitive, moody

iceberg
07-10-2008, 04:18 PM
Random, megalomaniacal, genius, asshole, sarcastic, elitist, drunk, heterosexual, cold, short, cute, angry

Liason
07-10-2008, 06:25 PM
"You are not very nice, I don't like you anymore.":wideeyed:
lmao! You should say "I didn't like you in the first place" as a reaction to that.

ipodboy2137
03-16-2014, 03:56 AM
arrogant, not afraid to step over others, too much energy (as in don't give me caffeine I'm bad of as is)

I guess that's it. I've been told I'm weird, oblivious to the world, stupid

catatonic
03-16-2014, 09:41 AM
Cocky, bitchy, overconfident, sarcastic, rude, stupid, pathetic, weird, apathetic, flat, boring, weak, lively, energetic, strong, kindhearted, ruthless, compassionate, cold, know-it-all, idiot, wise, narrow, genius, hardworking, lazy, funny, serious, adventurous, soft, warm, stubborn, asshole, complicated, etc which are mostly contradictory.

I feel like I've multiple personality disorder because of that.
I don't mind though, everyone has their own rights to judge me.
Actually, I treat others the way they treat people, if you're a good person or bad person with unlucky fate, you'll see the good things in me, lol.

Plausible
03-16-2014, 10:56 AM
Intelligent, funny, insensitive, psychopath, kind, compassionate, judgemental, lazy, strategic, know it all, genius...

InnVersion
03-16-2014, 11:14 AM
"industrious, cowboy, geek, forgetful, knowledgeable, steady, difficult, impatient, weirdly funny, weird, eccentric, bright, indifferent, kind, mean, antisocial, self-absorbed."

Chameleon
03-16-2014, 12:01 PM
Slow, stupid, immature, retard, ugly, meek, whinny, pussy, dickhead, virgin, fatass, freckle-face, carrottop, ginger, weird, odd, liar, cheater, stealer, murderer, sinner, alcoholic, smoker, dull, uncreative, piece of shit, aloof, and handicap.