PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

Linwenilid
07-03-2008, 01:36 PM
I have this feeling, you know, that all is said and done already, when people who *know* what all this Keirsey stuff means, know your type; I spent a longer-than-strictly-necessary moment looking at the biography part of my profile, wondering what exactly I can put in there that's not already in the INTJ type description... and instead of doing the same in the obligatory introduction thread, I thought I'd share my dilemma with you all. I'd appreciate it if you ask me what you want to know about me because the only thing I can think of to tell you is the obligatory "I'm a 25 year old woman who doesn't have many friends because she doesn't seem to need them enough to go get them" (which already *is* in the type description...)

I skimmed around this forum for a while and liked it very much (read the Guidelines thing and loved the way it was phrased and organised), so I thought about joining and here I am. Regarding the X in my type, I feel compelled to be honest: I've gotten a 50/50 result more than once in that function, so I'm divided there, although I'd love the N to prevail, because it's so much more fun than the S.

So here it is, my less-than-appropriate introduction, and I hope you don't feel very bogged about it. :P

notoppings
07-03-2008, 01:41 PM
I'm glad you decided to join the forum, and hope that you will find plenty of interesting topics to engage your interest. Enjoy and welcome.

Linwenilid
07-03-2008, 02:07 PM
Thank you very much.

Say, what do the percentages under screenames mean? When do they reach 100%? Just curious.

Elfrun
07-03-2008, 08:05 PM
The percentages indicate how much of your mind belongs to the INTJ (http://intjforum.com/showthread.php?t=3069) collective, we will own you one day :suspicious:

Welcome.

Monte314
07-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Yes, jump right in... AND BE ASSIMILATED.

Eth
07-04-2008, 12:30 AM
Welcome! Resistance is futile!

*rummages around his coat* Let's see...newbie form newbie form...where did I put you?...A-ha!
*hands Linwenilid a huge stack of forms*

It's your basic questionnaire. Residence, hobbies, interests, talents, credit line, credit card number, address, phone number, bank accounts.... Nothing special, just the usual stuff we ask around here. No rush, get that back to me when you have time to fill it out. In the mean time, look around and enjoy yourself. ^^

frigginwillie
07-04-2008, 01:46 AM
Not the borgs agian. I changed from a ENTJ to get away from them ;)

Seppuku Savant
07-04-2008, 02:17 AM
Enjoy yourself here, welcome.

Linwenilid
07-04-2008, 10:18 AM
The percentages indicate how much of your mind belongs to the INTJ (http://intjforum.com/showthread.php?t=3069) collective, we will own you one day :suspicious:

Heh, well, at least you have my attention for now, which is quite a feat in itself. :P

Welcome! Resistance is futile!

*rummages around his coat* Let's see...newbie form newbie form...where did I put you?...A-ha!
*hands Linwenilid a huge stack of forms*

It's your basic questionnaire. Residence, hobbies, interests, talents, credit line, credit card number, address, phone number, bank accounts.... Nothing special, just the usual stuff we ask around here. No rush, get that back to me when you have time to fill it out. In the mean time, look around and enjoy yourself. ^^

Aaaahhh! Noooo! Not The Forms! They will be the death of me! Seriously, I hate paperwork: I've left no less than three jobs because they were too 'administrative' (=boring) *sigh* The S in me usually helps me with that stuff, but the N can't help but roll its eyes and tell me there's just one life (http://www.box.net/shared/fow5s1icgg)... :P

Residence: South America
Hobbies: Eh, aside from sitting on my ass and look around the 'net: TV, music, books and other things I don't do often so I won't list them here.
Interests: If they're not pretty much the same thing as hobbies, then I don't know what they are. Maybe the human mind?
Talents: I sing beautifully and was able to play the piano at some point in my life. I can write decently, and as a good INTJ, I can make successful plans.
Credit Line: 0 (no, really)
Credit Card Number: *cue the smallest violin* I had a credit card once, but had to cancel it because of my own bad management of it. I was pretty immature back then.
Address, Phone Number, Bank Account: Yeah, right. :P

Yes, jump right in... AND BE ASSIMILATED.

*is assimilated* Do I get a cool black suit now? ;)

Not the borgs agian. I changed from a ENTJ to get away from them ;)

Doesn't show in your info... ;)

What are the borgs?

Eth
07-04-2008, 05:59 PM
*lol!* Someone with a sense of humor, I love it! *happy dance*

SimplyOtter
07-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Aaaahhh! Noooo! Not The Forms! They will be the death of me! Seriously, I hate paperwork: I've left no less than three jobs because they were too 'administrative' (=boring) *sigh* The S in me usually helps me with that stuff, but the N can't help but roll its eyes and tell me there's just one life (http://www.box.net/shared/fow5s1icgg)... :P

You sure your not an INFP? we are worldly known for our huge piles of unattended paperworks!!! and quite proud of it :)

Welcome! I'm not a landlord here, but it's an amazing place, you'll see!

Linwenilid
07-04-2008, 10:12 PM
Nah, the thing is, I hated every bit of doing it but ended up doing it anyway, because, you know, authorities and all that. And I really have little patience with The Process: always want Results as fast as possible, which made me a poor candidate for a computer engineering career, which I did attempt at some point. But thanks for that, and your warm welcome, too, and let me tell you that your icon is Teh Cuteness. :D

*lol!* Someone with a sense of humor, I love it! *happy dance*

Yay, thanks! *happy-dances, too*

Eth
07-04-2008, 10:53 PM
Yay, thanks! *happy-dances, too*

*tosses confetti and fires up the mariachi music*
*dances with Linwenilid* (had to ^^ )

rwyatt365
07-07-2008, 08:52 AM
*puts on stern moderator face*

Ok, too much happy dancing in here. Time to get serious and dour. Now, let's get those papers filled out , post haste!

*takes off stern moderator face*

(do you think that I convinced her? I hate putting on that face, it itches. Welcome)

Elfrun
07-07-2008, 09:09 AM
A n00b may have been taken in, the rest of us know better :rolleyes:

Linwenilid
07-08-2008, 01:12 PM
*puts on scared n00b face* But I did fill the forms before happy-dancing, I swear! *gets all nervous*

Thanks for your welcome, all of you. :)

rwyatt365
07-08-2008, 01:29 PM
*puts on parental-authoritative face*

There, that wasn't so bad now was it? (in a "this really isn't a question" voice.)

*takes off parental-authoritative face*

iuniperus
07-09-2008, 04:31 PM
"I'm a 25 year old woman who doesn't have many friends because she doesn't seem to need them enough to go get them"

Hey, same here (except replace with 22)! People like us are what the internet is for! Welcome.

Vertigo
07-09-2008, 04:48 PM
Hi Linwenilid, I don't have many friends either, but the ones I do have are the best of friends, and it's very easy to warm up to everyone here, hope you enjoy it here :)

Linwenilid
07-10-2008, 11:27 AM
People like us are what the internet is for! Welcome.

Exactly. *nods* Thanks for your welcome. :)

I don't have many friends either, but the ones I do have are the best of friends,

True, which means I have the incredible amount of one true friend (my husband). There's also the family, but they sorta *have* to be there, so I tend not to count them, even if I love them so much and they love me back.

Vertigo
07-10-2008, 11:40 AM
There's also the family, but they sorta *have* to be there

What I love about families is that no matter what you do in life they are always there for you, and if you are very lucky, you might have a friend or two like that as well :)

Ranie9
07-11-2008, 10:35 PM
Can I do the happy dance too? *trips and spills margarita* Oh well...
how do you pronounce your name?

Linwenilid
07-12-2008, 11:30 AM
Heh, heh, my name? It's not pronounced, really. Actually, it's a funny story how I came up with it. I'll tell you some other day. :P In the meantime, you can call me Lin. Shorter, easier, pronounceable and accurate at the same time. :D

And of course you can dance with us *dances with you* *refills your marg* :)

rwyatt365
07-15-2008, 07:51 AM
Oooooo! Dancing and margaritas! Can anyone join in?

Linwenilid
07-15-2008, 06:28 PM
Of course! Drinks all around! :)

Eth
07-16-2008, 02:45 AM
*sets up the Tiki Bar*