PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

Tulula
07-01-2008, 11:16 PM
I am a newbie too, and I am so excited that I stumbled onto this forum.

I have recently lost my job due to my inability to sign an extremely restrictive non-compete contract so I have been researching different career paths I may find interesting while I am waiting for our wonderful umemployment security commission to decide whether I am eligible for benefits or not. :anxious: I have been in a sales job for the past 5 years and while I do it quite well -- I HAVE BEEN MISERABLE because I simply don't fit in with the others. :freak:

Hopefully, amongst people of like-mind, I will be able to build up my self-esteem again, and figure out what I want to do when I grow up :confused: I am also looking forward to making lots and lots of new friends!

This is only my 2nd attempt at being in a forum so I'll probably make a few daaahaa's, but I do learn pretty fast, so just steer me in the right direction and I'll get the hang of things eventually.:nerd:

I can't wait to get to know y'all and with any luck, I'll be able to get to know/understand myself a little better too!

Thanks for allowing me to join!

Tulula

ssrprotege
07-01-2008, 11:22 PM
Nice to meet you. Well, I have been miserable because I couldn't get along with peers and wasn't liked for no apparent reasons. Hope your career gets back to the right track.

Welcome.

notoppings
07-01-2008, 11:36 PM
Nice intro, welcome to the forum. Hope we get to know you through your post any direct questions? just make up a thread and we'll respond. Good luck and enjoy.

Eth
07-02-2008, 12:13 AM
Welcome Welcome! Glad you could join us. ^^ I'm pretty new too, but I feel right at home. Everyone here is very welcoming, you should find a place to fit you very quickly. Don't worry about forum mistakes either, we'll poke you in the right direction if needed, but we all have our on quirks too. So pull up a chair, have a drink, and look around. Enjoy! ^^

Monte314
07-02-2008, 01:00 AM
Yes, we are glad that you are here. The people here are forthright and friendly; enjoy yourself!

Seppuku Savant
07-02-2008, 01:20 AM
Cute avatar. Welcome. Enjoy yourself.

Eth
07-02-2008, 01:26 AM
Cute avatar. Welcome. Enjoy yourself.

Isn't it?! It's driving me nutts trying to place it! I know I've seen the toon before, but...*argh!!!*

Elfrun
07-02-2008, 07:43 AM
Welcome fellow emoticon enthusiast ;D

Glad you stumbled upon us.

Kay so I have three more I can use and it seems like a waste not too :rolleyes: the only question is which ones to choose :thinking: such innocent looking critters, such amazing annoyance inflicted on some fellow INTJs :mellow:

rwyatt365
07-02-2008, 11:05 AM
When I grow up I want to be left alone. :thumbsup:

Changing employment is always a drag. Hopefully you will come across something that is more suitable to you. In the meantime (and beyond) enjoy the forum.

Welcome.

SimplyOtter
07-04-2008, 07:27 PM
When I grow up I want to be left alone. :thumbsup:

OH! I love this one! I think I'll frame it as well...
My wall is starting be full of your quotes, Rwyatt :cheesy:

Tulula, welcome! I've been working for years in a sales department, the only woman surrounded of VERY aggressive salesmen!! Gahhh!
But this is what change is made for :) You'll find your way!!