PDA

View Full Version : *wave* Hello

Eth
06-30-2008, 07:33 AM
Hello all. Seems the proper course here is to introduce myself. ^^ After some wandering around the net tonight I stumbled upon this wonderful site. After a whole night of pouring over it I decided signing up sounded good.

A bit about myself(and I'll try not to ramble), I'm just a guy living in the desert of SW-USA. It's a very small town with not much to do, so I spend a lot of time reading, watching anime, and playing video games. Like many here I have been classified as INTJ(on SEVERAL occasions). I am proud of that and enjoy the unique perspective it gives me of reality, even if the path I've trod has lead me more towards insanity. *evil laugh*

Socially and Academically, I've kept to myself, I've studied a few things in college but haven't gotten a degree in anything yet. I prefer to analyze things and people on my own. Add to that a pound of insanity, let simmer over a lifetime, and the stew tends to be an acquired taste - but still satisfying.

Anyway, that's about it in a nutt-shell. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I'll do my best to answer. I hope to meet lots of interesting people here and I'll do my best to contribute without causing too much trouble.

~Eth

Seppuku Savant
06-30-2008, 08:10 AM
Greetings! I'm sure you will feel comfortable here. Enjoy. ^_^

Eth
06-30-2008, 09:03 AM
Thanks Minako! ^^

Elfrun
06-30-2008, 09:05 AM
*cowers at the sound of an unearthly evil laugh*

welcome :tiny:

Eth
06-30-2008, 09:25 AM
*cowers at the sound of an unearthly evil laugh*

welcome :tiny:

Don't be afeared! I don't bite...much. :devilish:

Thanks for the welcome Trinity. ^^

rwyatt365
06-30-2008, 01:19 PM
INTJ is indeed an acquired taste. Most can't stomach it, but for those that can manage, the rewards are significant.

Welcome, we can practice maniacal laughter together!

Monte314
06-30-2008, 07:39 PM
American southwest? Ever do any astronomy?

Eth
06-30-2008, 08:29 PM
Welcome, we can practice maniacal laughter together!

Yeah! Someone to practice with!

INTJ is indeed an acquired taste. Most can't stomach it, but for those that can manage, the rewards are significant.

But the stew is so good! ^^ It is hard to swallow at first, but add a touch of paprika and some garlic, makes it much easier. Chase with some Southern Comfort and the world just opens up....sorry...got lost there for a second. I was very glad to find this place though. I always knew I wasn't the only INTJ on the planet, but where I live it sure feels like it. :( Thanks for the welcome and I look forward to many conversations and maniacal laughter sessions. ^^

American southwest? Ever do any astronomy?

Actually astronomy is one of my many hobbies. Where I live is perfect for it. I'm on the north fringe of the small town here(so some light pollution, but nothing like a real city), but I still get a great view. On the days I'm feeling really adventurous I load my amateur telescope(it's large but nothing fancy) into my truck, take a 20 minute drive on some dirt roads and I'm in the middle of nowhere behind the mountain. Everything but moonlight is blocked then. It's so clean and clear out here I can see the Milky Way with my naked eye. So with a telescope everything is just gorgeous. ^^ I live in the far southern part of the Sonoran Desert that's still state-side if you're wondering my general viewing area. If I could afford the fancy stuff I'd probably become a professional photographer with the views I get, lol.

It's even better when there are meteor showers. My friends in the city complain they can't see anything so they come down for the show. We load up and drive way out in the middle of nowhere and watch the fireworks. Pitch black, no noise save for animals, a cooler full of liquor and a night full of star gazing. The sky fills with meteors, its amazing. And I don't mean like 30 an hour, more like 30 every five minutes, and at peak times it can get even higher. It really is a wonderful experience. Bonus is, it's not illegal for us to set up camp anywhere in the desert here. So as long as we clean up after ourselves we're allowed to spend the night(that way no-one's drinking and driving). Only issue is the illegal aliens. I always take a pistol with me, just in case. It's still a little "old west" out here. ^^

rwyatt365
07-01-2008, 07:34 AM
I'm sure it may seem like the middle of nowhere to you, but it sounds like a wonderful place to live (to me, stuck in a big, crumbling northern city).

ssrprotege
07-01-2008, 07:50 AM
Hello Eth! Nice to meet you. My brain never stops thinking of something and won't miss a thing that has a potential to be analyzed. :thumbsup:

*evil mastermind laugh*

10 second later..

*evil architect laugh*

30 seconds later..

:cry:<---tears of joy, epiphany, nirvana-like state!

Eth
07-01-2008, 09:47 PM
I'm sure it may seem like the middle of nowhere to you, but it sounds like a wonderful place to live (to me, stuck in a big, crumbling northern city).

It has it's benefits out here. It's quiet and peaceful, no serious crime, and everybody leaves you alone for the most part. Mexico is about 20-25 minutes away and a carton or Marlboro's is $24 and a bottle of Uzo is about $27. They have taquitos de perro that are just great, especially covered in guacamole. It's real "do what you want" out here. But I don't know, I just want something more. I hate having to drive 2 hours to the city to get supplies every two weeks because everything costs double out here. Or ordering a book or game off the net and having to wait for it to come in the mail. It would be a nice place to retire or visit, but I haven't hit that point yet. Besides, max net speed is 250kbps. *weep*

Hello Eth! Nice to meet you. My brain never stops thinking of something and won't miss a thing that has a potential to be analyzed. :thumbsup:

*evil mastermind laugh*

10 second later..

*evil architect laugh*

30 seconds later..

:cry:<---tears of joy, epiphany, nirvana-like state!

*waits for nirvana to end(can't interrupt that)*

Nice to meet you too ssprotege. ^^ I'll try not to let too much slip, have to keep people on their toes. *evil grin* Though it may be a bit hard, very relaxing around this place. *sits in the lay-z-boy*

Elfrun
07-01-2008, 09:58 PM
Oooh I likes this one evil laugh and all, I shall claim you as my own and make sure you don't eat any of the other INTJs - it's just not socially acceptable! Do not listen to rwyatt he is a bad influence :suspicious:

*takes Eth to the NF Club (http://intjforum.com/showthread.php?t=3844&page=43)* you can eat the NF's they're sweeter.

ssrprotege
07-01-2008, 10:23 PM
Next course will be the Huggles thread. :p

Eth
07-01-2008, 10:27 PM
Oooh I likes this one evil laugh and all, I shall claim you as my own and make sure you don't eat any of the other INTJs - it's just not socially acceptable! Do not listen to rwyatt he is a bad influence :suspicious:

*takes Eth to the NF Club (http://intjforum.com/showthread.php?t=3844&page=43)* you can eat the NF's they're sweeter.

*follows Trinity* Mmmmmm, tasty NF morse-lits. How divine! *licks lips* Whatever you say Mistress Trinity! *sadistic glee*