PDA

View Full Version : Hi - female INTJ here from Australia

kitkatsavvy
06-29-2008, 11:16 AM
Hi,

I am a 25 year old intj female. i dont have any friends, and i have never met a female who is remotely like me yet.. i have a twin sister, but she craps on and does small talk to my other sister...i mean.. ive never been a girly girl - its pretty sad when your own twin sister is nothing like you at all...

*sigh*

anyway.. i have a male brain - i used to play in brass bands.. i played outdoor cricket in the under 13s (was the only girl), did half a mechanical engineering degree, has had stores jobs where i only work with guys, i like anime, i can do my own car service, i spraypainted my own car with an air compressor, i occasionally tinker around with tvs or whatnot (ie try and fix stuff)...

anyway the list just keeps going on.. i am yet to find a female remotely like me.. i did have a bf for 5 years but now i have finally dumped him - have been single for a month (i know thats not relevant but yeah)...the only "friends" that i have are male, and one lives like 10hrs west of here, and the other lives 2 states away from me (but i talk to him on msn alot)...

so ...yeah it sux.. i have tried to join a couple of sports clubs but i just went all aggro...ummmm..lets just say im REALLy trying to find a group of "some" sort where i would belong.. im 25 and im yet to find it..i never had ANY friends in primary school or high school..the only people that were remotely like me were those engineering students (including those 2 guys that im friends with on msn)...

im just saying help me to find some sort of well...group where a female like me would belong in REAL LIFE (i know im typing on the internet but im desperate)...

ok done.

arulguna
06-29-2008, 11:20 AM
Welcome, from a fellow Australian mechanical engineering student!

kitkatsavvy
06-29-2008, 11:45 AM
yeah - but that was like 2001/2002 when i did that...because i bottled everything up, read one too many spy novels and forced my brain to think in 3d, i got panic disorder and then i went psychotic.. so i stopped doing that course..

its 2008 now and i have started my own secretarial/sorta bookkeeping business because i have never really been good at working with other people (my last job - i smacked a guy with a plastic stick in the back cause he teased me for over a month..as an example)..

Monte314
06-29-2008, 02:25 PM
Well, KitKatSavvy, we are glad that you are here. You will find other men and women here who have had experiences like yours.

Welcome!

Flamethrower
06-29-2008, 03:36 PM
Welcome! Hopefully you will find some like minded girls here.

I think your experiences with liking guy's jobs is fairly normal for an INTJ girl. I was a sound engineer for years and was the only girl in my industry at the time. I used to get weird reactions from people about it but it never put me off. I still do it. As a child my favourite toy was a tape recorder. I have never been good at doing secretarial type work - not interesting enough. Technical jobs are way more fun. You should definitely pursue them if that is what you are good at.

I seem to have an equal number of female and male friends. I seem to get on a bit better with my male friends because we have similar interests (eg technical stuff). Some of my female friends are like me and like technical things too. The others are more into typical girly stuff like shopping and talking about relationships so when we get together we do those things. I don't mind really, it's nice to have friends who don't see things the same way. But it's quite clear how different we are when we go clothes shopping. They will happily spend hours in the stores like magpies attracted to all the pretty colours, and fabrics and shiny jewellery things they MUST have and come out with half the store (and a full credit card later), wear the item once, biff it then go back for more the next week. I generally am only interested in the black items and will only buy something if I REALLY need it and if I am going to wear it a lot. I can fit my clothes in one wardrobe. But one of my girlfriends has so many clothes and shoes she has a separate room to keep them all in and it is full! The other difference is that I can resist the word "SALE". :p

Ah, on the other hand I have a spare room full of guitars, recording gear and computers so I am a magpie in a different way!

Elfrun
06-29-2008, 07:08 PM
*jumps up and down frantically waving arms about in the air* ooh over here, me too, me too ;D Where in Oz are you?

kitkatsavvy
06-29-2008, 08:52 PM
hi again,

i know you guys are pretty much saying that like i should have kept my engineering degree and do a job like that, but because of how sick i got i seriously burnt my brain out for life... in other words, if i get too stimulated i cant get to sleep and stuff like that...with ANY sort of job, its not how "smart" you are, its what kind of well personality you have as to whether you cope or not...with me now, i am not really good at working with other people because i dont understand most jokes, and i cant tell the difference between sarcasm and a joke..so yeah i know u guys are sayin..YEAH be an engineer or physicist or whatever, but in real life, its JUST the same as any other job reality wise... i have never been good at sucking up or being up myself to get ahead so yeah..thats the reason why i chose this "boring" business to pick...at least i can sit there and add figures up without thinking too much..

yes - thinking too much can make you sick and thats exactly what happened to me.. i have to pay for those consequences for the rest of my life

Flamethrower
06-30-2008, 05:28 AM
hi again,

i know you guys are pretty much saying that like i should have kept my engineering degree and do a job like that, but because of how sick i got i seriously burnt my brain out for life... in other words, if i get too stimulated i cant get to sleep and stuff like that...with ANY sort of job, its not how "smart" you are, its what kind of well personality you have as to whether you cope or not...with me now, i am not really good at working with other people because i dont understand most jokes, and i cant tell the difference between sarcasm and a joke..so yeah i know u guys are sayin..YEAH be an engineer or physicist or whatever, but in real life, its JUST the same as any other job reality wise... i have never been good at sucking up or being up myself to get ahead so yeah..thats the reason why i chose this "boring" business to pick...at least i can sit there and add figures up without thinking too much..

yes - thinking too much can make you sick and thats exactly what happened to me.. i have to pay for those consequences for the rest of my life

Yeah, I clicked on the link to your website on one of your other posts. Now I've read you site I understand what you mean! (That's a good site. Very informative). Hopefully your choice of job will work out well for you!

Eth
06-30-2008, 07:52 AM
Hello KitKatSavvy. ^^ Interesting life story you have to tell. Yes, I browsed your web-page, not all of it though. I can relate to quite a bit of what I've read so far. *points at "Location" in profile* The men in white suites weren't always so understanding of my "Wonderland" endearment. *hee-hee* But I won't bore you with the details. Just know you aren't alone. I look forward to conversing with you here. Always nice to meet a fellow Wonderlandian.

rwyatt365
06-30-2008, 01:16 PM
Welcome to the forum KitKatSavvy, you will find many compatriots here on the forum. Settle in and enjoy the ride.