PDA

View Full Version : Showing off my INTPness

Fineline
06-26-2008, 09:22 PM
As mentioned, I am an INTP. (A real INTP, none of that INTx nonsense, although I do suffer from occasional J-envy.) I am also a female, a mathematics major, and a fan of progressive metal. That about covers it. :nice:

I've come here from lurking INTPc. Anyone else cross-over, in either direction? From what I've seen, INTJf is much more structured and serious.

Uberfuhrer
06-26-2008, 09:42 PM
I think I know who you are (online, I mean)! Welcome! ;)

(I could have sworn you said you were an INFP awhile back...if that was the case, then you'd fit in here really easily!)

EDIT: I guess that was a different Fineline...a male Fineline.

Seppuku Savant
06-26-2008, 10:15 PM
Welcome! I'm on the INTP forum as well. I'm not P at all, but I enjoy hearing their thoughts and ideas. I think we are a little more friendly to other types on this forum. Enjoy yourself. ^_^

athenian200
06-26-2008, 10:29 PM
Welcome, Fineline.

That was a very concise description. Yes, this is a much more structured forum, thanks to the organizational talents of our Administrator, Jezebel.

What is studying mathematics like? I've always curious about it and wanted to understand it, but I don't think I could stand the focus and monotony of it.

Anyway, I'm glad you're a different Fineline than the one Uber and I were dreading meeting up with. (There are sure are a lot of different people joining with the same names as people at the other place, aren't there?) You seem much more intelligent and open-minded than he was.

Monte314
06-26-2008, 10:50 PM
Math. Is there anything else like it?

Your avatar is similar to mine, except that yours has a cute kitty, and mine has a hideous old man. Oh, well.

(The formulae behind me are from my published work... it's the real thing!)

ElstonGunn
06-26-2008, 11:16 PM
Please don't show off your "pness." There are underage people on this forum. (And apparently, I'm one of them. :laugh:)

rahdam
06-27-2008, 12:20 AM
Please don't show off your "pness." There are underage people on this forum. (And apparently, I'm one of them. :laugh:)

Good one elston, good one.

rwyatt365
06-27-2008, 08:17 AM
Yeah, don't "P" all over everything, we have enough on our hands with people "F"ing things up around here.

Welcome.

Elfrun
06-29-2008, 08:54 PM
Whoa... lots' a Fineline Pee in here!

Welcome.

Deadgod
06-30-2008, 03:23 PM
hmm, what kind of Prog Metal (what bands)?

Fineline
06-30-2008, 07:11 PM
What is studying mathematics like?

Glorious! I have to take more statistics classes than I'd like, but overall it's not as monotonous as I originally feared. A lot of what I'm doing is computer/programming related.

hmm, what kind of Prog Metal (what bands)?

Nightwish, Dream Theater, Arch Enemy, Tool (I know, overrated - I still like them), Clutch, Within Temptation, and The Mars Volta. The "metal" genre is arguable for some of these, and a few have sadly ceased to be "progressive."

To everyone else, thanks for the warm welcome and the P-related puns!

Uberfuhrer
06-30-2008, 07:14 PM
Nightwish. :lovestruck:

HackerX
06-30-2008, 07:34 PM
As mentioned, I am an INTP. (A real INTP, none of that INTx nonsense, although I do suffer from occasional J-envy.) I am also a female, a mathematics major, and a fan of progressive metal. That about covers it. :nice:

I've come here from lurking INTPc. Anyone else cross-over, in either direction? From what I've seen, INTJf is much more structured and serious.

Wow! Lets make babies

hmmm, maybe that was a little too forward....

While I'm more partial to black metal these days I still listen to a lot of my old prog favourites. Your list needs more Symphony X though :)

Our lovely admin Jez and myself are both INTPc cross overs.

Uberfuhrer
06-30-2008, 07:47 PM
Our lovely admin Jez and myself are both INTPc cross overs.

Cross over, children, all are welcome.

Go into the light.

Night
06-30-2008, 08:29 PM
Nice to re-meet you, FineLine. As I recall, your present MBTI is slightly unlike that of your former...

At any rate, like you, I'm active on both INTPc and MBTIc.

Uberfuhrer
06-30-2008, 08:31 PM
Nice to re-meet you, FineLine. As I recall, your present MBTI is slightly unlike that of your former...

At any rate, like you, I'm active on both INTPc and MBTIc.

This isn't the same Fineline.

Synamon
06-30-2008, 09:04 PM
Yeah, don't "P" all over everything, we have enough on our hands with people "F"ing things up around here.

Welcome.

This made me giggle.

The more the merrier, welcome to the madness.

Fineline
06-30-2008, 10:03 PM
I seem to have made a poor username decision. Dare I ask why this other FineLine is so notorious?

Deadgod
06-30-2008, 10:10 PM
Glorious! I have to take more statistics classes than I'd like, but overall it's not as monotonous as I originally feared. A lot of what I'm doing is computer/programming related.

Nightwish, Dream Theater, Arch Enemy, Tool (I know, overrated - I still like them), Clutch, Within Temptation, and The Mars Volta. The "metal" genre is arguable for some of these, and a few have sadly ceased to be "progressive."

To everyone else, thanks for the warm welcome and the P-related puns!

I wouldn't really consider Within Temptation or Nightwish prog metal but more of the gothic/symphonic hard rock. Arch Enemy is melodic/Swedish/Gothenberg Death Metal, or at least they started out as that. Tool is alternative rock with some prog elements.
Mars Volta: I would place them as more experimental rock than anything.
Bands like Atheist, Cynic, and Death (specifically the albums Human and Individual Thought Patterns) are considered the best in Prog Death Metal. For more Heavy Metal "Iron Maidenish" prog, Fates Warning, Ayreon, Voivod, Symphony X, and Dream Theater (I'm sorry I think the latter two are crap; their music doesn't really go anywhere).
I'm not the biggest fan of prog but I do like the high quality bands like the ones I listed and various others.