PDA

View Full Version : So an INTP walks into a bar...

Eye_In_TiPi
06-25-2008, 05:51 PM
Hey! Sorry. There's no bar joke. I just wanted to introduce myself. I am an INTP from Arkansas. I'm 36, married with two kids and I work in Industrial Electronics. I've actually been posting around on some other forums under a different name, but I couldn't get it to work when I joined up here. Maybe I'll beg an admin to let me change it later. I guess Diogenes isn't that bad, but I don't really know anything about him except that he was a wierd old man who carried a lantern around looking for an honest man - or something like that. A guy walked into my office the other day doing exactly that. I told him to get lost. Nothing but liars and thieves around here.

phantasma
06-25-2008, 05:53 PM
Welcome, fellow INTP!

sam988
06-25-2008, 05:56 PM
Ah damn no joke. I was anticipating this one. Welcome anyways.

curiousjane
06-25-2008, 06:35 PM
Did it hurt?

Eye_In_TiPi
06-25-2008, 06:41 PM
Welcome, fellow INTP!

Thanks. Glad I'm not the only one.

Ah damn no joke. I was anticipating this one. Welcome anyways.

Thanks for the welcome. I'll give you a raincheck on the INTP joke. It'll be funny, I'm sure of it. I've been working on an algorithm for generating humor.

Did it hurt?

What? When I walked into the bar? Yeah, a little. I didn't fall down or anything, and I don't think (or care) if anyone noticed. I just straightened my glasses and tried the door.

Jezebel
06-25-2008, 06:44 PM
Welcome to the forum, Diogenes.

I've actually been posting around on some other forums under a different name, but I couldn't get it to work when I joined up here. Maybe I'll beg an admin to let me change it later.
We have a thread for requesting name changes here (http://intjforum.com/showthread.php?t=135).

Monte314
06-25-2008, 10:20 PM
And I came here looking for a good laugh!

Well, greetings just the same.

rwyatt365
06-26-2008, 08:32 AM
...using doors always helps. Windows can be used as well (however, some people prefer Linux). *sage words of moderator advice*

Welcome.

Elfrun
06-26-2008, 09:20 AM
Heh... this INTJ wants to joins you but as the n00b it's your shout so lets just get that clear first ;D

Welcome, see you at 7.oopm

Eye_In_TiPi
06-26-2008, 12:14 PM
Welcome to the forum, Diogenes.

We have a thread for requesting name changes here (http://intjforum.com/showthread.php?t=135).

Thanks and thanks, Jezebel. I put in a request a few minutes ago.

And I came here looking for a good laugh!

Well, greetings just the same.

Thanks. You'll have to settle for laughing at me for now.

...using doors always helps. Windows can be used as well (however, some people prefer Linux). *sage words of moderator advice*

Welcome.

Thanks for the welcome.
I do prefer Linux. It's a little quirky sometimes, but it's powerful enough to be worth the trouble.

Heh... this INTJ wants to joins you but as the n00b it's your shout so lets just get that clear first ;D

Welcome, see you at 7.oopm

I was there at 7. Where were you?
I'm not sure what you mean, but I'll play.
*clears throat*
*shouts something*
*looks at watch*

Elfrun
06-27-2008, 12:47 PM
Yeah, sorry :rolleyes: I was there and I saw you waiting, I was about to come over and join you when you started shouting... What can I say?! It was terrifying for me and embarrassing for you so I snuck out the back.

Eye_In_TiPi
06-27-2008, 05:27 PM
Yeah, sorry :rolleyes: I was there and I saw you waiting, I was about to come over and join you when you started shouting... What can I say?! It was terrifying for me and embarrassing for you so I snuck out the back.

That's too bad. I can understand, though. I'm pretty intimidating. I look like a nerd with my glasses and perpetually messy hair. I also stand a towering 5'-9" tall and weigh in at an earth-pounding 150 pounds. Also, the absence of anything resembling a butt to fill out my jeans can be a little off-putting. Maybe we'll have better luck next time. I'll be wearing a trench coat, dark glasses, and a fedora. 7 again?

Elfrun
06-27-2008, 07:01 PM
Kay, I'm still game. I'll be the one with the body guards.