PDA

View Full Version : masturbation and attraction

Ted
08-04-2011, 02:21 PM
I read this article last night To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

One of the things it suggests is that abstaining from ejaculation gives men the ability to naturally attract females. Since in some cases, the ultimate goal is sex, they're simply abstaining from masturbating.

I want to know what are some of your experiences with abstaining and if you felt that it has a positive effect on your overall life.

eagleseven
08-04-2011, 02:26 PM
Abstaining from masturbation makes me become sex-obsessed, until I have a wet dream and the cycle starts all over again. If being sex-obsessed attracts women (or men), I've yet to realize it.

If anything, abstaining from masturbation makes you chase after potential partners more actively.

Ted
08-04-2011, 02:30 PM
If nothing else, the act of actively seeking partners would still increase the odds of having intercourse somewhat. However, it seems a fair number of people (in the comment of the article i linked) believe that when abstaining, women can somehow "sense" it and are more attracted to it "(perhaps not consciously)".

edit (adding on): There have been times in my life where I felt strange girls pay extra attention to me where I suspect they may be interested in me. There have also been times where I've felt girls are either indifferent or (for some reason) disgusted with me. I have never paid attention whether those were times when I yanked everyday or had a break. Because I know I have unintentionally gone weeks without yanking it. Obviously it doesn't work like magic but I think even a slight correlation is better than nothing.
It could very well just be that when I'm horny, I paid more attention to girls and suspect their interest more frequently.

ppu6502
08-04-2011, 02:40 PM
Probably in much the same way being hungry makes you more likely to find a hamburger *

* best analogy ever

The Prince
08-04-2011, 02:48 PM
Probably in much the same way being hungry makes you more likely to find a hamburger *

* best analogy ever

+1

I think the benefits of abstaining from masturbation out way the quick fix it provides.

Ted
08-04-2011, 02:50 PM

* best analogy ever

That's actually a good analogy because hamburgers never find people. There's also another level of it that applies to me. Because I'm pretty cheap with my money, I rarely go out (simply transportation costs money). For that reason, I rarely get (literally and metaphorically) hamburgers.

---------- Post added 08-04-2011 at 10:51 AM ----------

+1

I think the benefits of abstaining from masturbation out way the quick fix it provides.

What about non-sexual benefits? Do you think abstaining gives you motivation and energy to do other things (like working out, personal projects, etc).

The Prince
08-04-2011, 02:54 PM
What about non-sexual benefits? Do you think abstaining gives you motivation and energy to do other things (like working out, personal projects, etc).

Yeah, I definitely do. I also take pride in my self-restraint. I find I have more energy and want to go out accomplish something. Probably a psychological sublimation of what I really want.

Eudoxus
08-04-2011, 03:13 PM
I wish abstaining from it allowed me to just sublimate my sexual energy into other activities...

Sadly, I have never been able to benefit from this. I just won't be able to do my work properly, my mind keeps swirling with sexual thoughts.

I have had to stop writing a paper, or doing research because it gets so bad that if a girl walks into my peripheral vision, even for a moment, my mind will get set off like a buzzer, and I won't be able to think about anything but sex for five minutes. I'll eventually battle it down, get a tiny bit of work done, and then get overwhelmed.

I have had to masturbate in some of the more empty bathrooms of my school's library just to be able to finish projects.

Also, if I try to really "fight" this demented obsession, it only gets worse, and worse, to the point where I just won't do any work at all, and will only think about sex, and do escapist activities to try and not think about it.

I am skittish, paranoid, nervous, and shaky during this period.

I envy the hell out of the people that can just sublimate this into doing other things...

On the other hand, I also suspect I am living with a very fucked up body that has only gone into puberty late in life. I did not have a libido, or much of one, until I turned 19/20.

Previous to that, I almost didn't even care about sex. I did like girls, but I didn't think about having sex at all, I was just idealistically attracted to romance.

Most people report being horny as hell at age 12...to me this sounds utterly alien.

I kind of wish that had been true, I would've preferred to have gone through this stupid phase earlier in life, as opposed to in the middle of it.

Ted
08-04-2011, 03:22 PM
Eudoxus: Everyone has the very very strong urges, usually 2-4 days after they last ejaculated. Most people also report that it gets easier after you pass that urge. Have you ever tried just powering through one of these urges and did it remain just as bad shortly after?

Eudoxus
08-04-2011, 03:29 PM
Yes.

I have attempted this "power through" approach, and had the urges cause me to be unable to get any work done for two weeks (the whole time feeling the insane urges percolating), at which point I have to masturbate for some time. I need to ejaculate probably 4-5 times before being completely rid of the pent up energy.

It's ridiculous.

I am actually wondering whether I have some kind of condition or something. Maybe there are pills that would get rid of this. I suppose it would be great to not have a sex drive.

Iota Null
08-04-2011, 03:31 PM
I've found that being in a room sleeping with others for an extended period of time helps due to the obvious embarrassment factor.

Eudoxus
08-04-2011, 03:53 PM
^^

I wish such tactics worked for me.

Not sure if that was directed at me or not though.

plotthickens
08-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Men who are relaxed and interested in talking have a better chance of getting sex with me.

Those who are aggressive and want nothing more than pussy do not have a chance.

Choosing techniques also chooses possible partners. Many PUAs do not think that through.

Dion
08-04-2011, 03:59 PM
(mouth agape)... so...much...I never...knew...

Eudoxus
08-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Choosing techniques also chooses possible partners. Many PUAs do not think that through.

I am guessing it is more likely they just don't give a shit/prefer those types of partners.

In regards to the OP's study, I am going to hazard a guess that those same options PUA's target, are gotten more readily by being overly horny, hence more aggressive in trying to find someone to get you off.

Though it could go the other way around, if abstaining makes you calmer (the exact opposite of my personal case).

eagleseven
08-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Most PUAs are in it for the short-term. They don't care about your personality or hobbies or dreams, they care if you can give good head for the next few nights before they move on.

TheLastDragon
08-04-2011, 04:27 PM
The very premise of this seems like a load of BS. I did not read the article, and I won't waste my time since I know that this is NOT the case for me.

Being horny and not satiating that drive would cause me to send the "I just want to use you for sex" message to a girl instead of just being interested in her overall. How doing that is supposed to get you laid more often - loose women aside - is a foreign and illogical concept to me.

plotthickens
08-04-2011, 04:33 PM
In regards to the OP's study, I am going to hazard a guess that those same options PUA's target, are gotten more readily by being overly horny, hence more aggressive in trying to find someone to get you off.

It's not a study. It's a personal theory. No support was given for it.

ischuldt
08-04-2011, 04:34 PM
I generally make it a policy to not flog the log after 6 pm if I plan on going out that night. I don't think it makes you less attractive to women, but I think it makes you less motivated to try and get laid when you've recently realeased the goods.
It wouldn't surprise me if a mans testosterone levels and or natural pheromones decrease for awhile after it as well, but I think it's more about the mans own mentality than it is about women being able to tell.

Zethariel
08-04-2011, 04:35 PM
For me, it has nothing to do with atractiveness -- whatever be the case, horny or calm, I don't get exposed much to the type of women I would even remotelly be interested as sex objects.

But yes, having calmed those urges myself does improve my reasoning, but at the same time the drive to do anything else other than relaxing vanishes. It's a constant struggle to ballance out flashes of urge and the inner drive to have something done vs body being lazy.

The Prince
08-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Men who are relaxed and interested in talking have a better chance of getting sex with me.

Those who are aggressive and want nothing more than pussy do not have a chance.

aren't you married?

qstoffe
08-04-2011, 04:49 PM
I want to know what are some of your experiences with abstaining and if you felt that it has a positive effect on your overall life.

Abstaining has the worst imaginal effect on me. I lose the ability to think clear. Unable to concentrate. My judgement becomes very clouded. I get interested in girls I'm not really interested in. I do things I normally wouldn't do etc. In short, it's awful.

* best analogy ever

Indeed. The longer a man abstains from orgasm the more desperate he gets. In the end he will accept anybody just like a hungry man will eat anything.

Abstaining forever doesn't work though. Eventually the need will "take care of it self" and you would orgasm whether you like it or not. Quite possibly in your sleep.

TheLastDragon
08-04-2011, 04:52 PM
Indeed. The longer a man abstains from orgasm the more desperate he gets. In the end he will accept anybody just like a hungry man will eat anything.

Something like this? (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.)

eagleseven
08-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Something like this? (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.)
Or more like this... (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.)

qstoffe
08-04-2011, 05:00 PM

Hehe true. As a side note I think the best comedians/jokes are the ones that make fun of things that are actually true. Eddie Izzard and Jerry Seinfeld do this very well.

Purgatid
08-04-2011, 05:05 PM
The first weeks of abstaining from masturbation is a living hell. My brain is unable to move towards thinking that doesn't include sex. It's very annoying. However, after the first weeks of abstinence, the urge just goes away. I haven't noticed any increased energy or whatnot because of it. But the urge is all but gone. I am not even positive I'd go for it had I the opportunity. I've just lost interest.

Eudoxus
08-04-2011, 05:11 PM
The first weeks of abstaining from masturbation is a living hell. My brain is unable to move towards thinking that doesn't include sex. It's very annoying. However, after the first weeks of abstinence, the urge just goes away. I haven't noticed any increased energy or whatnot because of it. But the urge is all but gone. I am not even positive I'd go for it had I the opportunity. I've just lost interest.

How long has it been since you have thought about sex (aside from this thread)?

Even if sometimes I have had a lapse of a month, it will return very strongly, and start the cycle all over.

Also, since there are no benefits, what is the point? Life is short, and mostly painful, why not indulge in a bit of self-pleasure?

The Prince
08-04-2011, 05:14 PM
Also, since there are no benefits, what is the point? Life is short, and mostly painful, why not indulge in a bit of self-pleasure?

This is one of the most moronic statements I've ever read. Masturbation aside, this logic justifies drug use, theft and ,if you're of the psychopathic inclination, murder.

Purgatid
08-04-2011, 05:26 PM
How long has it been since you have thought about sex (aside from this thread)?

Even if sometimes I have had a lapse of a month, it will return very strongly, and start the cycle all over.

I don't know. 6 months maybe? I've decided to live alone for the rest of my life, so I guess my body has responded to my decision somehow. It's not like I dislike sex or anything, I just don't want it. It should be noted that I connect sex and emotions very strongly, and I don't do one night stands or have FF's. If my groin twitches my reptile brain thinks it's in love, and I don't want to put myself through a situation where I'm in love and the FF isn't.

In either case, I don't know if there's any health benefits. And if there isn't, it's not like it'd motivate me to start masturbating anyway.

Eudoxus
08-04-2011, 05:33 PM
This is one of the most moronic statements I've ever read. Masturbation aside, this logic justifies drug use, theft and ,if you're of the psychopathic inclination, murder.

Only makes it moronic if you aren't a fan of drug use, or murder.

Since no objective morality exists, I don't see a problem with either.

of course murder tends to have some pretty severe consequences, as does drug use.

What are the associated consequences with masturbation?...a healthier prostate?

Oh Noes!!!

davai
08-04-2011, 07:28 PM
I've already written about this a couple of times here i think, so i'll condense my opinion into a list and i'll go into it more if anyone's bothered.

Abstaining from spilling your vital (most powerful form of) energy you possess over the carpet/socks or your dog has the following benefits -

you smell better

have more energy

less pain in lower back

think about sex less

less sex driven

generally happier

baseline consciousness increases

fitter (due to being more active)

more productive

don't require as much sleep

greater self esteem/self worth

feel cleaner

save time on laundry

less stress of being caught doing something you don't want to be seen doing

stronger

faster

mentally sharper

which all adds up to being more desirable to women

Don't question me on the morality of it cause i don't give a shit either way, and as someone else has already remarked, it comes out in your sleep eventually anyway, and when it happens this way, little to none of the negatives are experienced.

plotthickens
08-04-2011, 07:31 PM
Abstaining from spilling your vital (most powerful form of) energy you possess over the carpet/socks or your dog has the following benefits

Citations needed.

Dion
08-04-2011, 07:31 PM
just fell off my chair laughing...

davai
08-04-2011, 07:36 PM
Citations needed.

Not really, i said it was my opinion.

plotthickens
08-04-2011, 07:38 PM
Not really, i said it was my opinion.

No, you didn't, but thanks for the clarification on the verifiability of your post.

ppu6502
08-04-2011, 07:39 PM
just fell off my chair laughing...

You don't have to lie, you were masturbating vigorously and the chair tipped over

davai
08-04-2011, 07:40 PM
No, you didn't

Then you should read more closely.

plotthickens
08-04-2011, 07:45 PM
Then you should read more closely.

You're right! I didn't see that on either read-through. I guess I couldn't be bothered to care about something that encourages bad health.

Dion
08-04-2011, 07:50 PM
You don't have to lie, you were masturbating vigorously and the chair tipped over

caught.

plotthickens
08-04-2011, 07:51 PM
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. << NSFW

Men who frequently masturbate appear to have a lower risk of developing prostate cancer, Australian researchers reported.

Researchers from the Cancer Council of Victoria found that men who masturbated more than five times each week were one-third less likely to develop the cancer.

The study surveyed 1,000 men who developed prostate cancer and 1,250 who did not, and all were between the ages of 20 and 50, according to a report on Monday on the gay and lesbian news site PlanetOut.

Research is a good thing, and search engines are your friend. Give 'em a try. *helpful, bright smile*

davai
08-04-2011, 07:57 PM
Research is a good thing, and search engines are your friend. Give 'em a try. *helpful, bright smile*

I trust my own experience over Western 'medicine' and 'research'. The body 'flushes' itself out naturally. Admittedly i also generally value Eastern philosophy and practice over this too.

Eudoxus
08-04-2011, 08:31 PM
Do let us know which you turn to if you get cancer or HIV.

davai
08-04-2011, 08:40 PM
Do let us know which you turn to if you get cancer or HIV.

Duly noted, but don't hold your breath. If either does happen it could be for a multitude of other reasons not linked to keeping my lovely spunk in my balls where it belongs, not saying that there's occassions where during sex it's just too tempting not to blow my load and enjoy that moment with my partner.

eagleseven
08-04-2011, 08:59 PM
Abstaining from spilling your vital (most powerful form of) energy you possess over the carpet/socks or your dog has the following benefits
You forgot...

...natural male enhancement.

therrirl
08-04-2011, 10:13 PM
When I abstained it made me lower my standards which was an awful thing.

Eudoxus
08-04-2011, 10:34 PM
So frequent masturbation is also super effective, free birth control?

While abstinence could mean an accidental pregnancy from abnormal potency?

It makes sense that religions would preach against it way back when I suppose, but these days, the free birth control option seems like the winner.

We should be encouraging our children to masturbate very frequently, perhaps teen pregnancy rates will drop! =)

Disillusioned
08-04-2011, 10:37 PM
One of the things it suggests is that abstaining from ejaculation gives men the ability to naturally attract females. Since in some cases, the ultimate goal is sex, they're simply abstaining from masturbating.

I've never abstained from masturbation, are you crazy!?

Probably in much the same way being hungry makes you more likely to find a hamburger

Good analogy, though if I was hungry I'd want a good hamburger. I wouldn't want to go out and settle for the first crappy hamburger stand I came across (and probably feel like shit afterwards). Which is what extreme hunger would force me to do.

---------- Post added 08-04-2011 at 07:48 PM ----------

Abstaining from spilling your vital

you smell better

have more energy

less pain in lower back

think about sex less

less sex driven

generally happier

baseline consciousness increases

fitter (due to being more active)

more productive

don't require as much sleep

greater self esteem/self worth

feel cleaner

save time on laundry

less stress of being caught doing something you don't want to be seen doing

stronger

faster

mentally sharper

which all adds up to being more desirable to women

Haha, is this a joke!? I'd like to see any science that proves this. Masturbation is natural and a way to curb our instinctive nature to breed with anything in sight. Which was useful in the times before our species was overpopulating the planet. Now, hopefully most people are not seeking to impregnate every woman they see so masturbation is a natural way of satisfying that urge without possible impregnation (this goes for women too). So unless you're a player who has one night stands every night or are in a steady relationship I don't see what the down side to masturbating is (and don't even start with the Christian psychobabble about the immorality of it. Those are the same Christians who forbid the use of birth control and think the only reason to have sex is for reproductive purposes).

I trust my own experience over Western 'medicine' and 'research'.

What I read was: "I trust what one wacky Christian cult says over what modern science has proven; I am ignorant and naive and like to broadcast it on public forums."

ShadowCat
08-04-2011, 10:56 PM
Abstination? But yes I have in boot camp and it didn't bother me. Although after wards while around town I found myself wanting to chase some tail more often than usual.

Zionoxis
08-04-2011, 10:58 PM
Alright, from personal experience, I feel a heightened sense of awareness and consciousness after masturbation because that urge is not longer an annoyance. I can now think clearly without it. As for how long I can abstain, I get urges in the morning and evening no matter how long I do.

So if I can fall asleep or get out of bed quickly, I guess I could for a pretty long time...unfortunately, I do not fall asleep quickly. XD

Zethariel
08-05-2011, 02:22 AM
I trust my own experience over Western 'medicine' and 'research'. The body 'flushes' itself out naturally. Admittedly i also generally value Eastern philosophy and practice over this too.

The body also cleans itself naturally when layers of dirt fly off your body. Does that mean it's better? In theory, you don't loose time. In practice, you will be inclined to help nature by bathing.

But if abstinence works out for you, then I guess no one here has a right you shoudl do otherwise. You know yourself best, and if keeping bodilly fluids "where they belong" makes you feel *inserts the longish list of traits*, then that's all the better for you!

ness2361
08-05-2011, 02:26 AM
I read this article last night To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Abstaining from masturbating--didn't see your link; rarely chase those--until I was 19 made me settle for shitty sex sooner than that: not good, not good, not...

---------- Post added 08-05-2011 at 12:33 AM ----------

I wish abstaining from it allowed me to just sublimate my sexual energy into other activities...

Sadly, I have never been able to benefit from this. I just won't be able to do my work properly, my mind keeps swirling with sexual thoughts.

I have had to stop writing a paper, or doing research because it gets so bad that if a girl walks into my peripheral vision, even for a moment, my mind will get set off like a buzzer, and I won't be able to think about anything but sex for five minutes. I'll eventually battle it down, get a tiny bit of work done, and then get overwhelmed.

I have had to masturbate in some of the more empty bathrooms of my school's library just to be able to finish projects.

Also, if I try to really "fight" this demented obsession, it only gets worse, and worse, to the point where I just won't do any work at all, and will only think about sex, and do escapist activities to try and not think about it.

I am skittish, paranoid, nervous, and shaky during this period.

I envy the hell out of the people that can just sublimate this into doing other things...

On the other hand, I also suspect I am living with a very fucked up body that has only gone into puberty late in life. I did not have a libido, or much of one, until I turned 19/20.

Previous to that, I almost didn't even care about sex. I did like girls, but I didn't think about having sex at all, I was just idealistically attracted to romance.

Most people report being horny as hell at age 12...to me this sounds utterly alien.

I kind of wish that had been true, I would've preferred to have gone through this stupid phase earlier in life, as opposed to in the middle of it.

The people I've talked to (I'm 50), including many, many trusting males, told me they masturbated at 7, 13, 16, not till they were 20, never, you name it.

One guy I know who didn't masturbate early and didn't have sex until he was 21 (I laughed when he said that because at 19, I didn't believe him...--said I was sorry when I realized he was serious--later developed an obsession with porn and masturbating, then self-hatred and would masturbate to 'no images' so he wouldn't commit a sin, became a born again Christian...

And some men, women, too of course, who 'sublimate' sexual energy into other activities do it because their sex drive isn't that hard to channel; because they've got fear of masturbation--often unconscious; because they feel as though they are better (men here especially but women too--superior for different reasons).

Funny story my husband told me: he was using a work restroom, corporate atmosphere, and could hear a man masturbating in stall next door (grunts, gasps, whatnot), and 'knew' the guy who came out not knowing my husband was in the restroom (talk about into your head--pun not intended but I'm not taking it out), so hell, masturbate, dude, but discreetly, in public restrooms....

---------- Post added 08-05-2011 at 12:40 AM ----------

Well, you just made me smile, and that's difficult to do on this Forum. Thanks, dude!

Zombicide
08-05-2011, 02:51 AM
I abstained from Jackin in it until I was in my twenties, it would build up until I had a wet dream or would actually leak, then I'd feel ashamed for so much as having a wet dream or leaking semen and whip myself and hurt my junk in some way such as burning thinking that I'd done something wrong even though I sort of knew it wasn't wrong but I don't know how to describe it, I guess it was ambivalence. Never did I ever genuinely pursuit sex, and I remained a dainty sissy throughout the large stretches in between ejaculations, much more than seven days mind you, weeks or months is more like it.

God I wish I knew jackin it isn't wrong back then, I'd have jacked it to so many girls instead of cutting myself for wet dreams.

Subtle
08-05-2011, 07:06 AM
The theory in the OP seems farfetched. All the planning that Mr. Savage puts into his abstention is just crazy. Wanking in front of an almanac every seventh day in order to become an alpha male seems ludicrous.

Keep on bating as much as you want. It feels good; it’s good for your prostate, too. But, of course, you should save some energy for the ladies.

How about compulsiveness? Well, there are other stimulating things to do in life. Spanking the monkey all day long isn’t all that productive. Other than that, indulge yourself …

davai
08-05-2011, 08:39 AM
Haha, is this a joke!? I'd like to see any science that proves this.

Not a joke. Maybe you rely on your dogmatic science spreading misinformation and fear but i'll go my own way thanks.

Masturbation is natural and a way to curb our instinctive nature to breed with anything in sight.

You make it sound as though you have no impulse control at all. Poor you. Who says it's 'natural' and 'useful in the times before our species was overpopulating the planet'. Do you have 'scientific evidence' to back that up? lmao

and don't even start with the Christian psychobabble about the immorality of it.

If you read my first post in this thread you will understand i have no interest in discussing morality. I value what i see as the practical benefits. Orthodox Christians can go to hell :laugh:

What I read was: "I trust what one wacky Christian cult says over what modern science has proven; I am ignorant and naive and like to broadcast it on public forums."

1 (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.), 2 (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.), 3 (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.), 4 (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.)

s4nder
08-05-2011, 10:29 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if a mans testosterone levels and or natural pheromones decrease for awhile after it as well
Not sure if someone has already pointed this out but testosterone level increases after sex in both males and females. It even yields higher performance in sports, I recently saw it in some sports science show.

davai
08-05-2011, 10:36 AM

After a quick search i found some stuff that may be of interest...

While all support my position, the Times article doesn't completely discredit yours.

---------- Post added 08-05-2011 at 03:38 PM ----------

Another...

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.)

MusicalINTJ
08-05-2011, 10:55 AM
being content with your sexual activity (or lack thereof) would likely have a radiant effect.

I can't imagine never masturbating during a dry spell. However, I once went three weeks without so much as the occasional erection.

Though this could a good sign of confidence, you should also consider what happens when you don't sharpen your tool every now and then. (use it or lose it.)

My recomendation: If going through a period without sex, masturbate once-twice a week even if you'd rather do it 5-20 times a week.

davai
08-05-2011, 11:20 AM
Last 2 for now...

What are the drawbacks of masturbation? (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.)

Barry Long on masturbation (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.)

A quote from the Barry Long article - "But if you do masturbate don't feel guilty and don't allow your children to feel guilty, if they confide in you. Guilt distorts the personality in both the young and the adult. The error is not in the act of masturbating. It's in the misuse of the imagination"

Bold part added by me.

rahdam
08-05-2011, 11:45 AM
The error is not in the act of masturbating. It's in the misuse of the imagination"

Well isn't that fucking subjective.
PS This thread reads like a bad abstinence challenge.
PPS This thread needs more BostonIan, that guy is all over this stuff.

davai
08-05-2011, 11:57 AM

Read the article, it's really quite obvious what's meant.

Blse
08-05-2011, 11:57 AM
If someone was trying to get a girlfriend by stopping to ejaculate, I would say they pretty damn desperate. The "secret" is learning social and communication skills. But by all means, spare the maid ;).

davai
08-05-2011, 12:02 PM
If someone was trying to get a girlfriend by stopping to ejaculate, I would say they pretty damn desperate.

Agreed on that, but then it's totally not the point of doing it, it probably just comes as a bonus, unless you don't mind having a girlfriend who's likely as wasteful with her energy too.

Blse
08-05-2011, 12:07 PM
Agreed on that, but then it's totally not the point of doing it, it probably just comes as a bonus, unless you don't mind having a girlfriend who's likely as wasteful with her energy too.

Well, in that case this kind of "challenge" reeks of rationalizing the lack of a sex life and/or fulfilling relationships. It just does, although that's just my gut feeling and I'm influenced by the many young guys on this forum who come up with various ways to rationalize their lack of romantic company.

Subtle
08-05-2011, 01:34 PM
Last 2 for now...

What are the drawbacks of masturbation? (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.)

Barry Long on masturbation (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.)

A quote from the Barry Long article - "But if you do masturbate don't feel guilty and don't allow your children to feel guilty, if they confide in you. Guilt distorts the personality in both the young and the adult. The error is not in the act of masturbating. It's in the misuse of the imagination"

Bold part added by me.

davai,

I can’t understand why you are referring to mystics.

You claim a bunch of detrimental effects for males masturbating, but give no scientific facts to back it up. New Age idiots and religious zealots have nothing reasonable to say about this subject.

Actually, there are experts on male reproductive organs out there. They are called andrologists (and to some extent urologists). I have never heard from any of them that orgasms and ejaculations could be harmful for a man. On the contrary, it seems that a certain frequency of ejaculations could give protection from prostate cancer. And this type of cancer is a truly grim reaper among men.

If you want to cut back on your wanking, for whatever reason, then do so.

Don’t insult intelligent people while doing it, though.

ambrosia
08-05-2011, 01:35 PM
Sex is healthy! Science research supports this and one should know this intuitively(barring idiotic religious beliefs). Masturbation is just sex with oneself( minus the emotional component). Subjectively, I say it aids in the control of the ejaculatory response. Nothing worse than finally hooking with a new cute girl and having the experience last 2
minutes because I can't control my biology.

ness2361
08-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Sex is healthy! Science research supports this and one should know this intuitively(barring idiotic religious beliefs). Masturbation is just sex with oneself( minus the emotional component). Subjectively, I say it aids in the control of the ejaculatory response. Nothing worse than finally hooking with a new cute girl and having the experience last 2
minutes because I can't control my biology.

I don't think I would describe masturbation as 'just sex with oneself' as masturbation to me is a replacement (whack, whack, whack... stroke, stroke, stoke.... sigh: light or do not light a cigarette after, but please if your Mom does your laundry, unless you are really pissed at her and are, say, not yet 18, throw your socks in the hamper.)

Seriously guys, gals (when necessary, and yes, having listened to one sister and some other females, it is necessary to say): sex involved so much more than applying lotion, the palm or whatever part of your hand/body, to your genitals and having a good time (if not, for guys writing in this thread, listening in, I'm sorry--and I mean that, sincerely).

I masturbated 'during' sex when I was 19, having sex with a drunken boyfriend--no more details, too sad, though I do remember his playing Radar Love on my clit, strumming and yumming, and I, oh serious one, laughed more with him than any male until I met my husband who is no longer a laugh 'whore' but is pretty damn funny, and sexy, leading me to:

There are males who masturbate so much, fantasizing equally much, while doing it, that when they get to being with a woman they really like, even after the so-called honeymoon phase, they ejaculate fast because the fantasy images are powerful, habit, in their minds while they're having sex (at least two for this, 'kay?), so:

I think masturbating, like so many other activities, sexual or not, is an 'action' or 'activity' or 'tool' (no rod jokes, PLEASE), which means given the variety of mind and hands and porno images and sexual 'aids' (pocket vaginas, anyone?), we can each make statements about our individual experiences, what others have told us with trust, in private, imagined, read about, but when it comes down to making definitive states like:

You'll feel more energetic
Be more powerful
Are superior
Better lover (didn't read that word in this thread but I miss a lot)
Worse lover (I wrote about that, in this thread, I think so...)
Celibate
Can't get a date
Will get more dates

Blahblahblahblah

I don't care how many studies anyone 'cites'; how many links someone drags in (or has ready: you're so brilliant!); how much or little religion:

It's all the above, more, less.

It's not just this thread; it's all the threads, just about: "Studies prove...", "cite your source"; "you're pathetic"; "I know because I once masturbated, ate a donut, took an art class, had a dog, bathed, was assistant to an assistant to the assistant to one of the presidents whose job it was to clean sheets, make up data, web design to influence the masturbatory habits of American males (nothing on females: sorry, gals),

that what I have written, experienced, read, shared comes right from God's ear, a UFO, Science itself.

Spare us?

No, I know: there is always the IGNORE button

and I am not talking directly to whoever I just quoted: I am, of course, talking FOR Science or God or the president of..., and to myself, as usual.

Distance
08-05-2011, 05:38 PM
While I'm not fully convinced, especially as it refers to the number of recovery days, some of it appears logical.

The more testosterone you retain, the more likely you'll exhibit behaviours that attract women. Complacency doesn't get you laid.

BostonIan
08-05-2011, 06:04 PM
PS This thread reads like a bad abstinence challenge.
PPS This thread needs more BostonIan, that guy is all over this stuff.

Yeah. The most I'm willing to concede on this point is that results may well vary a bit person-to-person. I'm partly content to be the only person right on this - if too many other people follow along, there's no more personal advantage.

A couple of days ago, I was flirting with a woman who looked like an actress I used to be fond of. Trying to flirt, I should say. There was a fog of smelly dullness surrounding her, like she didn't understand what was happening, couldn't pick up the subtleties, couldn't muster excitement towards or away. Knowing what I think I know, I walked away with one impression: sexually satiated.

I will say all this talk of sex on a psychological level is primitive. Behaviors can be quantified. (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.) Actions have effects. (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.) All the magic thoughts in the world don't put the testosterone receptors back in Humpty-dumpty's medial preoptic or nucleus accumbens (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.), or make prolactin less of a weepy-bitchy motivation-killing hormone.

There was also an interesting take on this at the end of Strauss's Rules of the Game. Hearing the same thing repeatedly with famous types, he decided to try the 30-day challenge in the midst of a PUA lifestyle. Hilarity ensued. The most interesting idea is that people use this type of satiation (drugs included) as a cure for loneliness and a tribeless modern lifestyle, a note that came up in the book as well.

gestalt
08-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Abstaining from masturbation or sex actually requires the use of your pre-frontal cortex, aka willpower muscle. Willpower, or getting things done, or self-transcendance, whatever you want to call it and whatever you want to do, is damn sexy. Noone is really ever free until they get control over pain and pleasure in their life.

qstoffe
08-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Abstaining from masturbation or sex actually requires the use of your pre-frontal cortex, aka willpower muscle. Willpower, or getting things done, or self-transcendance, whatever you want to call it and whatever you want to do, is damn sexy. Noone is really ever free until they get control over pain and pleasure in their life.

To abstain feels more like losing control/willpower imo. Thoughts and feelings become much different. It's harder to focus and my instincts affects my consiuos mind to such an extent that I have trouble separating what is instinctual and what it is I "really" think.

davai
08-06-2011, 04:08 AM
Well, in that case this kind of "challenge" reeks of rationalizing the lack of a sex life and/or fulfilling relationships. It just does, although that's just my gut feeling and I'm influenced by the many young guys on this forum who come up with various ways to rationalize their lack of romantic company.

Well maybe it's an age thing as well. I forget that i'm talking to guys probably about 16-20 or something, still virgins and consumed by hormones. I'm 28, had enough girlfriends/sex in my life and while i don't regret any of it, i know that there's more to life than blowing your load into some girls muff. Sex is great, but it can be even better and more productive with a few helpful tips and suggestions which some of links i posted have outlined.

To those young rampantly sexual virgins out there, i would just say to enjoy your life for a while, go out fuck some women and then come back and think about this in some years time, when you've got more life experience and are ready to think about breaking away from the pack.

I can’t understand why you are referring to mystics.

Because i respect their opinions like i do a good scientist on certain issues. 'Mystics' are still giving mainstream scientists headaches with what they can do under controlled conditions.

You claim a bunch of detrimental effects for males masturbating, but give no scientific facts to back it up. New Age idiots and religious zealots have nothing reasonable to say about this subject.

You're quite biased and dismissive here, who exactly are these idiots and zealots you're referring to?

Don’t insult intelligent people while doing it, though.

See? You've done exactly the same above. Hypocritical. Why not read and try to comprehend the sources i've provided instead of pre-judging them with your own bias. Until your mind is the tiniest bit more open i don't think this conversation will serve any purpose.

This is quite interesting, is there any research you can link to on this? It might satisfy some of the people in here of their desire for 'scientific facts'.

Purgatid
08-06-2011, 05:08 AM
To abstain feels more like losing control/willpower imo. Thoughts and feelings become much different. It's harder to focus and my instincts affects my consiuos mind to such an extent that I have trouble separating what is instinctual and what it is I "really" think.

You're basically describing withdrawel symptomes. Go 3 months without, and this will go away completely.

davai
08-06-2011, 05:23 AM
You're basically describing withdrawel symptomes. Go 3 months without, and this will go away completely.

3 months is coincidently the longest i've gone without ejaculation. Without any exaggeration, i've never felt better and more 'alive' during this period of my life.

qstoffe
08-06-2011, 06:27 AM

I suspect you're right. The question I'm asking myself is whether it is "better" to abstain completely rather than to do regular maintenance in order to have a clear mind.

3 months is coincidently the longest i've gone without ejaculation. Without any exaggeration, i've never felt better and more 'alive' during this period of my life.

What do you do when you have a girlfriend? Abstain from orgasm during sex?

thod
08-06-2011, 06:36 AM
Full bollocks fill your blood with hormones. You notice every single woman passing you on the street and find yourself looking. She notices this too and thus you have a rapport. All this talk of learning social skills is BS. Anyone that has ever tried to talk a woman into bed through reason will tell you so. Attraction does not work like that. Boxers refrain from ejaculating before a fight simply because it makes them better fighters. The man with full bollocks exudes a confidence that women pick up on whereas the empty bollocks man never gives the signals to her.

Once downside is that wanking is good for protecting against prostrate cancer.

Subtle
08-06-2011, 07:03 AM
Because i respect their opinions like i do a good scientist on certain issues. 'Mystics' are still giving mainstream scientists headaches with what they can do under controlled conditions.

You present a list of things that is supposed to be detrimental to men’s well-being if they masturbate. It is a very subjective list. Many men can testify to the opposite of what you say. Also, I read some of what you referred to as sources. They were not. Those I saw were frauds, mystics, and idiots.

Due to science, we have a lot of knowledge about our bodily functions. Semen is not a magic, holy fluid full of “energy”. When the body has produced it, just dump it. It will probably do you good (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.). Well, it feels good anyway.

Masturbation can be many things, like boring, hilarious, a substitute, exhausting, fun, nice, a waste of time, and so on. But it is not unhealthy.

I don’t care about other people’s sex lives. I don’t moralize about it either. Do whatever you want to do, davai.

Have a good one!

gestalt
08-06-2011, 08:36 AM
This is quite interesting, is there any research you can link to on this? It might satisfy some of the people in here of their desire for 'scientific facts'.

There are some studies referenced here: To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm sure one could find them in all their shining scientific glory if there is access to scholarly databases. I guess I sort of consider it "common sense" (whatever that means) that power is sexy.

Tom Wolfe has an interesting conscientiousness in re: the moral implications of neuroscience: "Meanwhile, the notion of a self-- a self who exercises self-discipline, postpones gratification, curbs the sexual appetite, stops short of aggression and criminal behavior-- a self who can become more intelligent and lift itself to the very peaks of life by its own bootstraps through study, practice, perseverance, and refusal to give up in the face of great odds -- this old-fashioned notion (what's a bootstrap, for God's sake?) of success through enterprise and true grit is already slipping away, slipping away ... slipping away..." To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

davai
08-06-2011, 11:51 AM
What do you do when you have a girlfriend? Abstain from orgasm during sex?

I try yeah, but it's not easy and takes a hell of a lot of practice. Unfortuantely i don't seem to find many women that are interested in trying out things like Tantric sex (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.). Most just want the same as the guy, a quick fuck and then off to sleep. Some of my exes have been mystified when i tell them that i don't want to ejaculate (which by the way is not the same as an orgasm), like it's a personal thing against them or something and they end up feeling unhappy because they don't think that i'm satisfied.

Also, I read some of what you referred to as sources. They were not. Those I saw were frauds, mystics, and idiots.

Fine let's go through them.

1 - Victor Gold is a holistic health educator specializing in erotic spirituality. He is the author of "The Potency Principles: Transforming Sexual Energy into Spiritual Power." He has a private practice offering tantric instruction and sexual healing in San Rafael, California.

2 - Steve Hamp is a 6th Degree Black Belt with 32 years in the martial arts.

3 (Times article) - Suzi Godson is the author of The Sex Book (Cassell, £16.99) and The Body Bible (Penguin, £16.99) & Dr Thomas Stuttaford, The Times doctor, spent many years working in a genitourinary clinic

4 - Can't find a name but quotes many old Chinese texts.

5 - Barry Long (Wikipedia)
(To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.) - Australian spiritual teacher and writer.

So you think these people are idiots? And what exactly have you accomplished in life apart from spreading your beans around your bedroom that compares to what these people have done?

Semen is not a magic, holy fluid full of “energy”. When the body has produced it, just dump it.

Do you realize how retarded this sounds? Stop misrepresenting me also. I've not mentioned magic or holy once. And of course sperm is full of energy, are you seriously going to debate this one?

Well, it feels good anyway.

Oh well that's a good enough reason to do anything isn't it?! What the hell was i thinking :rolleyes:

I don’t care about other people’s sex lives. I don’t moralize about it either. Do whatever you want to do, davai.

Have a good one!

Lies. You've already been doing it in this thread.

There are some studies referenced here:

Thanks! I don't have the time right now, but later on i'll give em a good look.

Storm
08-06-2011, 12:12 PM
And of course sperm is full of energy, are you seriously going to debate this one?

What do you mean by this? Do you think that sperm (note, not semen because semen is made on the spot when the body becomes aroused) somehow contributes to your mental thoughts? In what concrete way do you think that sperm contributes to your well-being?

Do you also believe that a woman "steals" your life energy from you if you ejaculate in her? Somehow gaining your power? And if so, could you explain why you think that.

AnaK
08-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Do you also believe that a woman "steals" your life energy from you if you ejaculate in her? Somehow gaining your power? And if so, could you explain why you think that.

Interesting. Here is the Taoist take:

In the Taoist view of sexuality the body is viewed as a positive asset, and mind and body are not set in contrast or opposition with each other. Sex is treated as a vital component to romantic love; however, Taoism emphasizes the need for self-control and moderation. In Taoism, sex is encouraged. Complete abstinence is frequently treated as equally dangerous as excessive sexual indulgence.

Taoists believe that a man may increase and nourish his own vitality by bringing a woman to orgasm. The female's orgasm activates and strengthens her jing, which has a nourishing and balancing effect on that of the male. The energy released during either one's orgasm can be harnessed and led up the Governor vessel/channel to nourish the brain, for additional benefit to the longevity of that partner

Eudoxus
08-06-2011, 02:14 PM
^^

Well, I am a secret Taoist, cause I feel great after giving a woman orgasms. Much less so if I am unsuccessful, or unable during a romantic encounter.

thod
08-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Do you think that sperm (note, not semen because semen is made on the spot when the body becomes aroused) somehow contributes to your mental thoughts?

Lol. I assume you are female, in which case you should know how menstruation can affect the mind. A man is no different full balls/empty balls do have an effect. Ask any man.

Disillusioned
08-06-2011, 04:17 PM
Interesting. Here is the Taoist take:
Taoists believe that a man may increase and nourish his own vitality by bringing a woman to orgasm. The female's orgasm activates and strengthens her jing, which has a nourishing and balancing effect on that of the male. The energy released during either one's orgasm can be harnessed and led up the Governor vessel/channel to nourish the brain, for additional benefit to the longevity of that partner

This is interesting, I also found a study that somewhat supports this

Semen 'makes women happy' (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.)

Here is another article about the same study I believe

Semen acts as an anti-depressant (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.)

Note: I support the use of condoms as part of responsible sex practice and do not believe this study to serve as justification for not using condoms during casual sex encounters as this could lead to STD's or pregnancy. Though it seems that 'where safe' not using condoms can cause the female more happiness due to "mood-altering hormones" in the semen.

---------- Post added 08-06-2011 at 01:26 PM ----------

Lol. I assume you are female, in which case you should know how menstruation can affect the mind. A man is no different full balls/empty balls do have an effect. Ask any man.

This is true. I have noticed that after ejaculating my mind is completely clear of sexual thoughts and it allows me to focus on things that truly matter. This is part of my reasoning for believing that masturbation is not only good for the health of the body (as some have mentioned it reduces the chance of getting prostate cancer) but it is also good for the health of the mind. Men and women are subject to sexual urges which can cloud our judgment. Masturbation allows for a release from this sexual urge and allows us to think clearly i.e if I still have a girl on my mind after I have ejaculated it means I must like her for some reason other than mere lust (which is always a good thing to know, especially when considering whether that person would be a good candidate for a relationship with).

---------- Post added 08-06-2011 at 01:35 PM ----------

i don't want to ejaculate (which by the way is not the same as an orgasm)

Actually it is. Ejaculating is the same thing as male orgasm.

Subtle
08-06-2011, 04:49 PM
davai,

Let’s agree to disagree. I like you anyway. Can you feel all that “spiritual love” coming towards you?

I’m still not impressed by your sources, though. That Victor Gold guy, for example, seems to be a mystic. It’s enough to read the title of his book – “The Potency Principles: Transforming Sexual Energy into Spiritual Power” – to label him as a fraud. All of it reeks of New Age to me.

One of my sentences made you a bit annoyed, I noticed: Semen is not a magic, holy fluid full of “energy”. The quotation marks around “energy” are there to show that semen doesn’t contain some magical power, mystical life force or something similar.

But, of course, semen contains energy. It has mass, right?

Semen is sperm and fluid from three glands, among them the prostate. The fluids help the sperm, in several ways, to impregnate a woman. One source (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.) says that the food energy in the typical ejaculation is 0.7 calories (2.9 kJ).

It would take a hell of a lot of wanking to exhaust oneself. Eat a bun, and you’ll be safe, davai!

Disillusioned
08-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Semen is sperm and fluid from three glands, among them the prostate. The fluids help the sperm, in several ways, to impregnate a woman. One source (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.) says that the food energy in the typical ejaculation is 0.7 calories (2.9 kJ).

It would take a hell of a lot of wanking to exhaust oneself. Eat a bun, and you’ll be safe, davai!

Don't bother, he doesn't "trust" science remember? Those are the types of people it's impossible to have a rational discussion with. If he wants to believe that not masturbating gives you super-strength, extra speed and the ability to fly then he can believe that (ok, he might not have said the last one, but he might as well have. It's no more absurd than some of the other claims he has made), but I still reserve the right to laugh at him about his irrational views. Especially when he's trying to convince others of the "validity" of them.

Subtle
08-06-2011, 05:21 PM
Don't bother, he doesn't "trust" science remember? Those are the types of people it's impossible to have a rational discussion with. If he wants to believe that not masturbating gives you super-strength, extra speed and the ability to fly then he can believe that (ok, he might not have said the last one, but he might as well have. It's no more absurd than some of the other claims he has made), but I still reserve the right to laugh at him about his irrational views. Especially when he's trying to convince others of the "validity" of them.

Agreed. But I still hope that he can feel all my "spiritual love."

gestalt
08-06-2011, 05:25 PM

In the traditional sense, yes. There's quite a bit of information about clenching the PC muscle (stopping yourself from peeing and pooping) at climax. This yields a similar -- though much abated -- feeling to orgasm. A man with enough self-control and muscle tone can do this indefinitely. Both men and woman who exercise their PC muscles can usually have stronger orgasms, and it makes women tighter and men harder. It is also recommended practice during pregnancy.

Disillusioned
08-06-2011, 06:55 PM
Agreed. But I still hope that he can feel all my "spiritual love."

Subtle, for the last time... don't ejaculate on davai! He doesn't want to feel all "spiritual" and "full of energy" from your love juice. :p

---------- Post added 08-06-2011 at 03:58 PM ----------

Do you also believe that a woman "steals" your life energy from you if you ejaculate in her? Somehow gaining your power?

Yes, he doesn't want this to happen.

davai
08-06-2011, 07:43 PM
What do you mean by this? Do you think that sperm (note, not semen because semen is made on the spot when the body becomes aroused) somehow contributes to your mental thoughts? In what concrete way do you think that sperm contributes to your well-being?

What Thod said - menstruation can affect the mind. A man is no different full balls/empty balls do have an effect.

From personal experience the psychology of pre and after ejaculation is quite marked - perhaps subtle at times - but a definite shift at any rate.

It's an interesting concept isn't it. I've never gone around seeing it as stealing or gaining power but it kind of makes sense in a way. Why is it that the woman is energized after the man ejaculates inside her and he falls alseep? Seems like there's some sort of energy transfer going on.

Another thing about the potency of sex energy. Have guys noticed when they're completely physically drained and close to sleep, how there's one source of energy still left? Why do you think that is?

if I still have a girl on my mind after I have ejaculated it means I must like her for some reason other than mere lust (which is always a good thing to know, especially when considering whether that person would be a good candidate for a relationship with).

This is the smartest thing i've read from you in this thread. And then you go and spoil it all by saying something stupid like...

:rolleyes:

Nope. I've had orgasms and not ejaculated. It's doable. You may not have experienced it but it doesn't mean it's not possible.

I’m still not impressed by your sources, though. That Victor Gold guy, for example, seems to be a mystic. It’s enough to read the title of his book – “The Potency Principles: Transforming Sexual Energy into Spiritual Power” – to label him as a fraud. All of it reeks of New Age to me.

I think you've major hang-ups about the word mystic. I'm not entirely sure what it means to you, but there are 'mystics' who will prove their capablities under controlled conditions. It doesn't take much searching on google to find some good exampes. Fraud is a bit strong, i mean basically all he's doing is reinterpreting (from that link) old Chinese sources, so if he's a fraud you're labelling a whole system of philosophy and practice fraudulent as well, and as i assume you have limited knowledge on the subject, not very scientific of you.

Let’s agree to disagree.

Fine.

- - - -

Well, you guys keep masturbating furiously like caged chimps if you want. It's your loss. Literally.

Disillusioned
08-06-2011, 10:19 PM
It's an interesting concept isn't it. I've never gone around seeing it as stealing or gaining power but it kind of makes sense in a way. Why is it that the woman is energized after the man ejaculates inside her and he falls alseep?

Actually it has to do with oxytocin that is released in men and women during sex, which promotes pair bonding. The thing is that male testosterone counters the effects of the oxytocin which is why men are not effected by it to the extent that women are. This is another thing science has proven. It causes women to feel more connected to a man after sex and makes her want to cuddle which is why it is often referred to as the "cuddle hormone".

And by the way, oxytocin is something produced in ones own body, it is not something produced by women receiving a man's ejaculate. Women who have sex using condoms are just as effected by oxytocin as women who don't.

Why women feel more attached after sex than men (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.)
estrogen seems to increase the calming and bonding effects of oxytocin, while testosterone seems to mute them. That's why women tend to feel more attached after sex than men do.

TenochAcampicht
08-07-2011, 07:08 PM
I'm going to disagree with this. I feel more relaxed after masturbation, more at ease and socially pleasant than if I have a load of pent up sexual tension that needs to be released, most guys who've ever mentioned this topic to me have said they feel it wise to masturbate before a date, because it calms their nerves, they don't feel nervous as much, etc.

Masturbation is good for prostrate health, psychologically it does give a sense of euphoria.
Also : To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts._and_psychological_effects

The only part a disagree with in the pro-masturbation camp above is the notion that orgasm and ejaculation is the same and is mutually exclusive, it's not.
There are situations when a person can experience ejaculation without orgasm (nueromuscular euphoria) and vice versa.

davai
08-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Masturbation May Increase Risk of Prostate Cancer (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.) - A new study finds men who are sexually active in their 20s and 30s are more likely to develop prostate cancer — especially if they masturbate frequently.

+ (Cites same study) (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.)

ENDOCRINE EFFECTS OF MASTURBATION IN MEN (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.)

Pramipexole and Compulsive Masturbation (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.)

Frequent masturbation and ejaculation stimulate acetylcholine/parasympathetic nervous functions. Excessive stimulation can result in over production of sex hormones and neurotransmitters such as acetylcholine, dopamine and serotonin. (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.)

Excessive Masturbation Cause Hormonal Crisis In The Body (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.)

Excessive Masturbation affects our neurochemistry (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.)

The Effects of Masturbation on Testosterone (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.)

The Mental Effects of Over Masturbation (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.)

Ciproterone Effect on Compulsive Masturbation in a Frontotemporal Dementia Patient (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.)

Affective neuroscientific and neuropsychoanalytic approaches to two intractable psychiatric problems: Why depression feels so bad and what addicts really want (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.)

- Freud (1898) called masturbation a “primal addiction,” that may serve as a substitute for mature sexual relations.We suggest that this perhaps surprising parallel highlights the central phenomenon of addiction–namely that substance abuse is a rewarding activity that generates positive affects although it does not sustain reproductive fitness.

- From a psychodynamic point of view, substance abuse, like compulsive masturbation, therefore represents a failure to negotiate the transition from helplessness to competence in the social world and social mastery

- It is easy to see the link between an opiate-induced hedonic fog and the narcissistic delights of masturbation. We have likewise already provided an answer to the question as to why animals take the trouble to transcend masturbatory pleasures, so to speak,
and engage instead with the outside world in pursuit of pleasure and relief from pain. The answer is found in the fact that a primary SEEKING instinct exists, alongside various PLEASURE-LUST instincts. This implies that masturbatory pleasure, while satisfying
the second of these, leaves the first of them (the object-seeking instinct) dampened for a while but in the final accounting unsatisfied. All at once, this insight also throws the pivotal role of the PANIC–GRIEF instinct into sharp relief.

- But where does this leave Freud’s claim regarding masturbation? We presume that, pleasurable sensations notwithstanding, what distinguishes masturbation from actual copulation is not an absence of object-seeking but a frustration of object-seeking. One masturbates for lack of an object (whatever the reason for that lack might be). This is why masturbation is considered inferior to copulation, not only by society, but also by the masturbator. Masturbation is ultimately an empty source of pleasure, in a very literal sense.

Storm
08-08-2011, 11:06 AM

lol. I'll assume you are male. ;) Davai stated that he thought "spunk" somehow gave a man energy. I was asking him why he though that. Yes, I realize that changing hormone levels can affect the mind - interestingly enough males are on a daily hormonal cycle as opposed to the female monthly cycle. You might also be interested to know that a female pre and post orgasm also will feel different. Anyway, that has nothing to do with davai's point that I was responding to. He seems to think that sperm itself holds life-energy properties, as he demonstrates in his response below:

What Thod said - menstruation can affect the mind. A man is no different full balls/empty balls do have an effect.

From personal experience the psychology of pre and after ejaculation is quite marked - perhaps subtle at times - but a definite shift at any rate.

It's an interesting concept isn't it. I've never gone around seeing it as stealing or gaining power but it kind of makes sense in a way. Why is it that the woman is energized after the man ejaculates inside her and he falls alseep? Seems like there's some sort of energy transfer going on.

As Dissillusioned said, this has nothing to do with the sperm itself, but with different chemical reactions. Althoug Dissillusioned got it partly wrong, males do feel closer to their partner after sex, just not at the same levels as females (or maybe not, measuring chemicals during sex is really hard. I've read that some think the different reactions may partly be because many females do not actually orgasm.) There is a lot of really complicated and interesting science out on this stuff, there's no need to guess.

I think you do have a good point in that too much indulgence can be bad. Just like eating too much food or drinking too much or even exercising too much are bad for you. I also think that abstaining (from anything)is a good practice in will power. Or you can make yourself do something (go for a run everyday) to practice will power. It is a good feeling to know you have control over your urges or can make yourself do something if you want, and it's a good skill to have. You can more easily reach your goals when you aren't subject to your whims. But, I don't think these practices in will power are limited just to sexual abstinence, nor do I think that perpetually abstinence will continue to multiple in positive effects.

davai
08-08-2011, 11:53 AM
sperm itself holds life-energy properties

I don't mean to sound like some crackpot, but intuitively this is kind of obvious to me. Course being on an INTJ forum i require 'facts', and as my earlier attempts at linking some philosophy weren't good enough for some, i hope the more sciencey stuff i've linked to above can help explain what i 'feel' to be true.

But yeah...

There is a lot of really complicated and interesting science out on this stuff, there's no need to guess.

too much indulgence can be bad. Just like eating too much food or drinking too much or even exercising too much

Agreed on both. The science is obviously not fully conclusive yet, and for the 2nd, well i guess we just need to know how to moderate our activities, which is easier said than done when people don't all function in exactly the same way. 'One size doesn't fit all', but it needn't take a superhuman effort of self-awareness to discover the right quantities for the individual.

Storm
08-08-2011, 12:11 PM
I don't mean to sound like some crackpot, but intuitively this is kind of obvious to me.

Well, it certainly contains "life-energy" as anything from the body does. It's alive and has the unique property of serving as half of the "seed" to a new life. Yes, obviously. What I disagree with is the idea that ingesting or holding sperm within the body leads directly to more energy in other ways (such as strength, mental prowess, etc.). I think you'll be better off eating fruits & vegetables and hitting than the gym to gain those powers.

davai
08-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Anyway, probably about time for a musical interlude from Monty Python...

Levity (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.)

---------- Post added 08-08-2011 at 05:15 PM ----------

What I disagree with is the idea that ingesting or holding sperm within the body leads directly to more energy in other ways (such as strength, mental prowess, etc.)

The experience speaks for me. The science should speak for itself. Eventually i hope it will anyway.

Storm
08-08-2011, 12:20 PM
All of your studies point to "excessive" masturbation.

davai
08-08-2011, 12:22 PM
And thod mentioned on the last page about boxers abstaining before a fight because it makes them better fighters. Every sperm is sacred :laugh:

---------- Post added 08-08-2011 at 05:23 PM ----------

All of your studies point to "excessive" masturbation.

I eat rich cakes and buns from time to time. Not eating them isn't going to harm me.

qstoffe
08-08-2011, 12:31 PM
Yes, I realize that changing hormone levels can affect the mind - interestingly enough males are on a daily hormonal cycle as opposed to the female monthly cycle. You might also be interested to know that a female pre and post orgasm also will feel different.

Interesting. A man can easily have the feeling of "loving" the woman before orgasm. Seconds later after orgasm he may feel nothing but disgust for her. Even amazed he could ever have desired her. I wonder if women can have this major shift in mind from pre/post orgasm too?

Eudoxus
08-08-2011, 12:49 PM
Hey Davai, what about if you eat your cum after you masturbate?

Does anyone do this?

I do it pretty often. I don't know about anyone else, but mine tastes pretty good, a little salty, a little sweet, like a kind of gourmet jello type dish or something!

I wouldn't expect a woman to have it in her mouth if I wouldn't have it in my own after all! (Though I've only let one woman do it in all the relationships I've had oddly enough).

davai
08-08-2011, 02:10 PM

hahahaha sick dude! maybe if i was desperate, and i mean really fucking desperate!

Subtle
08-08-2011, 02:27 PM
davai,

I’m impressed. Finally you are referring to something that starts to look like science. But I still have a little problem with your sources. They keep on rambling about masturbation, when they should be talking about ejaculations. Is there a moral imperative lurking somewhere?

The body doesn’t care if the ejaculations are a result of masturbation, intercourse, or nightly pollutions. Why should it?

And the article “The Mental Effects of Over Masturbation” is from people who want to sell herbal extracts. Not very reliable, to say the least.

As for Freud, well, the jury is still out.

That man was obsessed with sex. If he had snorted less cocaine and masturbated more, then maybe he hadn’t kept concocting theories about sexual frustrations all the time.

Eudoxus
08-08-2011, 02:55 PM
Oh...so semen is a super "potent source of energy", but it's "gross"?

Smells a bit like hypocrisy and charlatanism in here... =/

---------- Post added 08-08-2011 at 11:56 AM ----------

Good point Subtle.

One can easily masturbate, come to orgasm, and NOT ejaculate.

Is that kind of masturbation ok?

Storm
08-08-2011, 03:13 PM
Interesting. A man can easily have the feeling of "loving" the woman before orgasm. Seconds later after orgasm he may feel nothing but disgust for her. Even amazed he could ever have desired her. I wonder if women can have this major shift in mind from pre/post orgasm too?

That doesn't sound normal. That sounds like what one would feel after sleeping with someone that you only slept with in a cloud of hormones and then realized it was a mistake. I imagine it's the same for anyone.

Eudoxus
08-08-2011, 03:14 PM
On what other basis are you sleeping with someone, than due to the effects of a "cloud of hormones"?...

Storm
08-08-2011, 03:16 PM
Maybe you like them.

Eudoxus
08-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Which is due to a cloud of hormones billowing into your brain whenever you see them...

Is it possible to like someone without any hormonal stimulation?...Isn't that just what "liking someone" amounts to?...

qstoffe
08-08-2011, 03:41 PM
That doesn't sound normal. That sounds like what one would feel after sleeping with someone that you only slept with in a cloud of hormones and then realized it was a mistake. I imagine it's the same for anyone.

Hmm I don't think you understand. Not everybody ends up in extreme situations like the one I described. The reason I asked is because it is not uncommon for men to experience a colossal state of mind change during orgasm. It's not always for the "worse" though. Many men acknowledge this but women seem to not really understand how much of a sudden change this is. This leaves me to believe that women aren't as momentarily affected by their hormones during orgasm as men are.

Some links to "assure" you it's quite normal among men to have this sudden shift:

Edit: Fixed broken links.

Storm
08-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Which is due to a cloud of hormones billowing into your brain whenever you see them...

Is it possible to like someone without any hormonal stimulation?...Isn't that just what "liking someone" amounts to?...

It's not actually possible to do anything without hormones, if you want to get technical about it. Without hormones, you die. But the expression "cloud of hormones" usually means you are acting upon immediate and overwhelming emotions created solely by arousal. Not upon "normal" hormone levels which are longer lasting and speak to deeper aspects of your personality than getting off right this second.

Hmm I don't think you understand. Not everybody ends up in extreme situations like the one I described.

Ok, it was really the "disguted with her" that I took issue with as a normal experience. Not the sudden shift from "yay! sexy time!" to "clarity." And yes, I think women experience this, too. But I have no idea if it's exactly the same. I have heard it's more common for males than females to reach orgasm during intercourse. Everything you linked to appeared to be pop psychology, or focused primarily on the male, and simply assumed the female didn't experience it or didn't mention her.

davai
08-08-2011, 10:14 PM
davai,
rambling about masturbation, when they should be talking about ejaculations. Is there a moral imperative lurking somewhere?

I think for a lot of them ejaculation is assumed don't you think? So no i don't see any sort of moral imperative unless i've missed it and you'd like to point it out.

The body doesn’t care if the ejaculations are a result of masturbation, intercourse, or nightly pollutions. Why should it?

Not sure what you mean by the body caring/not caring.

And the article “The Mental Effects of Over Masturbation” is from people who want to sell herbal extracts. Not very reliable, to say the least.

It's fair to say it wasn't the best source on the list.

Oh...so semen is a super "potent source of energy", but it's "gross"?

Smells a bit like hypocrisy and charlatanism in here... =/

Lol nice try. Pics of you eating your own cum or it didn't happen.

Disillusioned
08-08-2011, 10:28 PM
@ davai all your studies involve "over masturbation" what about just normal masturbation? You seem to be arguing for two extremes, either abstinence or over masturbation and telling why you think one is better than the other. How bout the idea that an average amount is the best answer. Like Storm has said, too much or too little of almost anything can be bad for you. I don't agree with your arguments focusing on extremes and not taking into consideration the average person who neither refrains from masturbating nor over indulges in it.

---------- Post added 08-08-2011 at 07:51 PM ----------

What's not normal about it? You have sex with someone due to lust and sexual urges, then when you no longer have those you might feel that there was really not any other reason that you liked them. This is hard to tell while in the 'clouded' state of having sexual desire for them. The difference is that women often feel MORE connected to a man after sleeping with him because of the effects of oxytocin. It's like what this (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.) article, that was written by a woman and based on scientific studies, says:
Many of us have been in a relationship with someone who was all wrong for us, yet we stayed because we “felt a connection.” It can be tough to figure out what’s going through our heads when this happens, but what if it was actually beyond our control?

“A year ago, a friend flipped for a guy whom, when I met him, I didn’t quite ‘get.’ He wasn’t all that nice. Just what did she see in him, I wondered. But I started to understand, because whenever his name came up in conversation, so did great sex ... with him,” says blogger Kat Wilder. She adds: “I wouldn’t doubt all that lovin’ triggers that oxytocin bonding.”

“Oxytocin bonding” doesn’t only occur in flawed relationships though, sometimes it can emphasize feelings you have out of bed as well.

“Sometimes you just look at [your partner], and think, he makes me so happy. With [my boyfriend], it’s more like that after [sex]. It feels like a level of elation, but to a greater extreme—all I want to do is tell him how much I love him,” Tara* says.

While we’d like to think that this post-coital love surge is simply how we feel, the truth is it may have more to do with the orgasm-induced rush of oxytocin.

Whereas men very often will feel less attracted to a woman after sleeping with her, because he no longer has the sexual urge that might have been his sole reason for being interested in her. This is why it is important for both males and females to really pay attention to whether they actually connect with someone "non-sexually" before having sex with them. This is hard when you are "full" of testosterone or "sexually frustrated" that is why masturbation can be a good way to clear the head and act as a basis for more rational thought when it comes to relationships and 'true' emotions you have for other people.

Eudoxus
08-09-2011, 01:47 AM
Lol nice try. Pics of you eating your own cum or it didn't happen.

Ok, well, when I get private messages reenabled I guess I'll take some to you.

---------- Post added 08-08-2011 at 10:50 PM ----------

It's not actually possible to do anything without hormones, if you want to get technical about it. Without hormones, you die. But the expression "cloud of hormones" usually means you are acting upon immediate and overwhelming emotions created solely by arousal. Not upon "normal" hormone levels which are longer lasting and speak to deeper aspects of your personality than getting off right this second.

I guess it doesn't make sense to me.

Why pretend that romantic relationships aren't sexual?

Isn't a long term relationship just a string of "hormonal clouds"?

Disillusioned
08-11-2011, 03:58 PM
The description the woman gives of her partner in the article above reminds me a lot of what a female poster said on here once

I really can't see a women thinking a guy she has no emotional feelings for is the best lover she has ever had but then all the guys she is romantically interested in are just so so.It happens. I had a lover for a good long time with that was pretty much just a booty call. Something went ZING when we first met, but as a person he never really was all that interesting to me. The sex with him was soooo good that we didn't get out of Missionary Position for a month. That sounds kind of funny... but the chemistry was amazing.

You say:
Either bad chemistry, as above, or more commonly hideous technique, or completely disregarding a dire need to learn more.

And then say:
The sex with him was soooo good that we didn't get out of Missionary Position for a month.

Well that's only one technique, and it's a pretty basic one at that. I think emotion played a larger role than you are willing to admit.

“A year ago, a friend flipped for a guy whom, when I met him, I didn’t quite ‘get.’ He wasn’t all that nice. Just what did she see in him, I wondered. But I started to understand, because whenever his name came up in conversation, so did great sex ... with him,”

I had a lover for a good long time with that was pretty much just a booty call. Something went ZING when we first met, but as a person he never really was all that interesting to me. The sex with him was soooo good that we didn't get out of Missionary Position for a month. That sounds kind of funny... but the chemistry was amazing.

“Sometimes you just look at [your partner], and think, he makes me so happy. With [my boyfriend], it’s more like that after [sex]. It feels like a level of elation, but to a greater extreme—all I want to do is tell him how much I love him,”

The sex with him was soooo good that we didn't get out of Missionary Position for a month. That sounds kind of funny... but the chemistry was amazing.

While we’d like to think that this post-coital love surge is simply how we feel, the truth is it may have more to do with the orgasm-induced rush of oxytocin.

Well that's only one technique, and it's a pretty basic one at that. I think emotion played a larger role than you are willing to admit.

SteamViking
08-12-2011, 03:40 AM
davai,

Actually, it does. Its been shown that both men and women have significantly stronger/longer/better orgasms when actually with another person instead of by themselves. It also increases substantially from just sexual contact (hands/mouth/etc) to actual sex. Your body does care!

Eudoxus
08-12-2011, 04:48 AM
Why would your body "care"?

Can you link to these studies?

I can understand it can be a more holistic experience with someone you love, but, honestly, it is about the same, perhaps even weaker with another person I don't love, as opposed to when I masturbate.

Of course, I may be an odd masturbator.

I am usually quite slow, and it takes me at least an hour to get off.

In rare circumstances, usually if I have not masturbated for a long, long time, I will get off very quickly, but it will be very weak, and will only serve to cause ejaculation that was necessary, it's completely different from my usual, more "regular" sessions.

Subtle
08-12-2011, 08:01 AM
Its been shown that both men and women have significantly stronger/longer/better orgasms when actually with another person instead of by themselves. It also increases substantially from just sexual contact (hands/mouth/etc) to actual sex. Your body does care!

Here we go again …

My friend davai and I had a difference of opinion regarding masturbation. He referred to sources saying (post No. 92), basically, that masturbation is bad for you. This made me very doubtful about his sources.

Consider the following:

Why are the bad effects always about masturbation? The semen doesn’t know or care why it is thrown out of a man’s body.

You will never see research like this: “Brain Damage, Bodily Decay, and Increased Risk of Cancer in Good White Christian Men Having Sex in Order to Make Babies with Their Wives within the Realms of the Holy Matrimony.”

Never ever!

No, it’s always about that naughty masturbation. And if the masturbator is young and male, he’s doomed. In the good old days he would get a twisted spine, bad eyesight, and grow hair in his palms. If it had been true, most men would have looked like a combination of the Hunchback of Notre Dame, Mr. Magoo, and Chewbacca.

That notion was as absurd and ridiculous then as it is now.

SteamViking, I will not contradict that orgasms can be stronger if a man has intercourse with a woman. You’re probably right. Those in here who believes that ejaculations will drain all their life force should be warned.

Take heed, davai. If wanking is bad for you, sex with a woman can definitely kill you.

Disclaimer: The three last sentences were irony. No offence, davai!

PhantomStranger
08-12-2011, 08:38 AM
Take heed, davai. If wanking is bad for you, sex with a woman can definitely kill you.

Well i can't think of a better way to leave this life ;)

davai
08-12-2011, 08:40 AM

Lol not so subtle today huh? :) I dunno, maybe SteamViking (what a name BTW) has a point. Mind/body are interconnected in such a way i believe that what the mind knows will have a knock on effect on the body's reaction. This isn't something i want to get into a full scale argument on though, but the concept is interesting, and maybe some studies (if this subject weren't so taboo for scientific research) might yield some interesting results

Those in here that believes that ejaculations will drain all there life force should be warned.

Course it won't drain all their life force, they'd be dead right?

---------- Post added 08-12-2011 at 01:41 PM ----------

Well i can't think of a better way to leave this life ;)

Yes i'm sure the woman would appreciate a corpse flopped on top of her also :laugh:

PhantomStranger
08-12-2011, 08:53 AM
---------- Post added 08-12-2011 at 01:41 PM ----------

Yes i'm sure the woman would appreciate a corpse flopped on top of her also :laugh:

Who says ill be on top ;)

"Ride the lightning" from Metallica would be playing.....

davai
08-12-2011, 09:02 AM
Who says ill be on top ;)

"Ride the lightning" from Metallica would be playing.....

I think any position your partner dies in while doing it has got to be pretty disturbing. I don't think i could think about sex in the same way again if it happened to me. :uneasy:

zibber
08-12-2011, 11:58 AM

Does anyone do this?

I do it pretty often. I don't know about anyone else, but mine tastes pretty good, a little salty, a little sweet, like a kind of gourmet jello type dish or something!

I wouldn't expect a woman to have it in her mouth if I wouldn't have it in my own after all! (Though I've only let one woman do it in all the relationships I've had oddly enough).

You know, there are other ways to make people stop wanting to follow a thread.

SteamViking
08-12-2011, 05:42 PM
Lol not so subtle today huh? :) I dunno, maybe SteamViking (what a name BTW) has a point. Mind/body are interconnected in such a way i believe that what the mind knows will have a knock on effect on the body's reaction. This isn't something i want to get into a full scale argument on though, but the concept is interesting, and maybe some studies (if this subject weren't so taboo for scientific research) might yield some interesting results

Thank you, I'm a firm believer that there are entirely too few Vikings in the world. I don't even know if there are any more Steampunk ones. :(

I read about it in a magazine quite some time ago... I'll see what I can conjure up. Essentially what it said was that the chemicals released in your brain with you are phyically with another person increase the intensity of the orgasm.

Lovemuscle
01-08-2012, 04:02 PM
Hello,

Sorry for bumping an old thread. This discussion is the closest thing I could find on the net to what I am trying to do. There's tons of S&M orgasm denial stuff that I'm just not into.

My interest in not ejaculating has nothing to do with retaining energy or anything like that. I'd like to stop ejaculating for two reasons. 1. I want to desire my wife 100% of the time, no time what so ever that I don't. If I orgasm with her it will be a day or sometimes two before I want her again and if I cum inside of her it will be days before I want to go down on her again. That's BS, I want to want to lick her pussy at all times period.

Second, I want to condition my cock to not cum during sex. My wife and I don't use birth control so I hate it when I have to yank it out in the middle of her orgasm. I want to always be able to give it too her exactly the way she needs it all the way through her orgasm.

We have sex everyday and I've now gone 3 weeks without ejaculating. This is my record and I owe it in part to being very busy at work and my mind having less opportunity to wander. If I think about sex too much my balls begin to ache and I need release.

In this three week stretch the biggest challenge have been the days we've managed two-a-days, cause that's when my balls really start to hurt. Or, more accurately, my vas deferense which, from what I've researched, gets congested. We typically do it in the morning and afterward I have to get right to work. The weekends we have more time and can indulge more. Twice after we were done we fell asleep snuggling and when we awoke the kids were still asleep so we did it again. Another time, on a week night, the kids were occupied with something so we snuck upstairs and I spent about 15 minutes licking her pussy.

Those 3 occasions led to a lot of pain but I managed to work through it without giving in. It seems like I am adapting to this. This morning we had sex for exactly one hour. I was ragging hard the whole time and I only started to approach orgasm a couple of times and was easily able to get it under control. So far this morning I've only had a little pain in my balls. I really hope this trend of being able to control my orgasm and not suffering the consequence continues. Wanting my wife all the time, taking advantage of every opportunity and not being pestered by ejaculating or suffering blue balls is my mission in life right now. Weird, I know.

*Disclosure; I'm registered as INTJ personality type. When I was signing up I initially entered X but was rejected. I couldn't find anything I did wrong in registering so I changed X to INTJ and I clicked to accept messages from the administrator and my registration was accepted. I haven't actually figured out what INTJ is yet. LOL

---------- Post added 01-08-2012 at 01:20 PM ----------

Hey, I might just be an INTJ!

zibber
01-08-2012, 04:24 PM
Hello,

Sorry for bumping an old thread. This discussion is the closest thing I could find on the net to what I am trying to do. There's tons of S&M orgasm denial stuff that I'm just not into.

My interest in not ejaculating has nothing to do with retaining energy or anything like that. I'd like to stop ejaculating for two reasons. 1. I want to desire my wife 100% of the time, no time what so ever that I don't. If I orgasm with her it will be a day or sometimes two before I want her again and if I cum inside of her it will be days before I want to go down on her again. That's BS, I want to want to lick her pussy at all times period.

Second, I want to condition my cock to not cum during sex. My wife and I don't use birth control so I hate it when I have to yank it out in the middle of her orgasm. I want to always be able to give it too her exactly the way she needs it all the way through her orgasm.

We have sex everyday and I've now gone 3 weeks without ejaculating. This is my record and I owe it in part to being very busy at work and my mind having less opportunity to wander. If I think about sex too much my balls begin to ache and I need release.

In this three week stretch the biggest challenge have been the days we've managed two-a-days, cause that's when my balls really start to hurt. Or, more accurately, my vas deferense which, from what I've researched, gets congested. We typically do it in the morning and afterward I have to get right to work. The weekends we have more time and can indulge more. Twice after we were done we fell asleep snuggling and when we awoke the kids were still asleep so we did it again. Another time, on a week night, the kids were occupied with something so we snuck upstairs and I spent about 15 minutes licking her pussy.

Those 3 occasions led to a lot of pain but I managed to work through it without giving in. It seems like I am adapting to this. This morning we had sex for exactly one hour. I was ragging hard the whole time and I only started to approach orgasm a couple of times and was easily able to get it under control. So far this morning I've only had a little pain in my balls. I really hope this trend of being able to control my orgasm and not suffering the consequence continues. Wanting my wife all the time, taking advantage of every opportunity and not being pestered by ejaculating or suffering blue balls is my mission in life right now. Weird, I know.

Part of that is really noble and part of that is batshit insane. Doesn't your wife want you to come? Do you want to establish a reality where you selflessly please your partner at your own expense?

(I'm hoping someone like BostonIan can come in and talk about the potential medical issues I suspect might arise from this systematic prevention of ejaculation despite constant sexual activity.)

All in all, to go back to the roots of this thread, this seems like a case of wanting to prevent yourself from getting tired of hamburgers by hovering hamburgers close to your face half an hour a day without actually ever eating a hamburger.

Distance
01-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Part of that is really noble and part of that is batshit insane.Beyond what you've stated in your full post, it's also possible to get pregnant from pre-cum albeit less likely.

Lovemuscle
01-08-2012, 04:33 PM
She didn't like it at first she does like it when I cum, but she has done some reading on the net and there's a bunch of Taoist stuff on it about conserving energy and heightening spirituality and she's kind of embraced it. I don't believe in all that but whatever puts us on the same page is fine with me.

What do you mean by the grimace?

I wouldn't say I'm batshit crazy. I think I'm just a little bit different. Hopefully that's all. lol

Overanalyzer
01-08-2012, 04:36 PM
Why is sexual acts detailed and the significance of the children being preoccupied?

Lovemuscle
01-08-2012, 04:50 PM
There's no sperm in precum but you are right, there is risk in our bc methods. If I start to cum a little bit of the white stuff can leak out and that's a big risk. Also, there was one time I started to cum, pulled out and sucked back as hard as I could. It was like a max effort pc contraction. A load of cum just kind of drained out onto her stomach without any contractions on my part. I retained my erection and was able to continue fucking her. I'm sure a lot of sperm leaked out when I continued.

I've since tried to replicate that but haven't had complete success. One time I lost my erection and another I wasn't able to fuck worth a damn afterward because I still had an overwhelming urge to come. In other words, I couldn't take more than a few strokes without having to stop.

I didn't continue to try to perfect a technic along those lines because of the pregnancy risk and due to the inherent nature of having to yank it out of my wife when she needs it in her. I'd rather just keep my orgasm further at bay so none of that is a problem.

Distance
01-08-2012, 04:55 PM
Inaccurate, based on this study. (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.)

This study was designed to establish whether motile spermatozoa are released with pre-ejaculatory fluid and whether this fluid therefore poses a risk for unintended pregnancy. Forty samples of pre-ejaculatory fluid were examined from 27 volunteer men. Samples were obtained by masturbation and by touching the end of the penis with a Petri dish prior to ejaculation. Eleven of the 27 subjects (41%) produced pre-ejaculatory samples that contained spermatozoa and in 10 of these cases (37%), a reasonable proportion of the sperm was motile. The volunteers produced on up to five separate occasions and sperms were found in either all or none of their pre-ejaculatory samples. Hence, condoms should continue to be used from the first moment of genital contact, although it may be that some men, less likely to leak spermatozoa in their pre-ejaculatory fluid, are able to practice coitus interruptus more successfully than others.

Lovemuscle
01-08-2012, 04:55 PM
Haha, me thinks "overanalyzer" may be an appropriate user name for you!

I did find this thread and this site searching for such a topic on Google. I've now read a sticky and learned I shouldn't have bumped a thread over 3 months old. Sorry for that.

davai
01-08-2012, 04:57 PM
She didn't like it at first she does like it when I cum, but she has done some reading on the net and there's a bunch of Taoist stuff on it about conserving energy and heightening spirituality and she's kind of embraced it. I don't believe in all that but whatever puts us on the same page is fine with me.

No need to believe, experiment and see what works for you. It's not gonna kill you after all.

---------- Post added 01-08-2012 at 09:58 PM ----------

I've now read a sticky and learned I shouldn't have bumped a thread over 3 months old. Sorry for that.

lol, this was quite a fun thread when it was going.

AnnaMolly
01-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Lovemuscle, is it important to the two of you that she doesn't get pregnant? Cause what you're doing is in NO way a safe method of birth control. She could already be pregnant.

Also, keeping your ejaculate in is unhealthy. If you don't "flush" regularly, it increases the risk of some diseases, even cancer, for all I know. That's why men who don't masturbate or have sex usually have "liquid dreams", because the body just empties itself if you don't do it.

I don't want to comment on the relationship aspect of it, cause it's your thing, just one thing: I really really really wonder what your wife is thinking about this and why the hell she accepts it. Seems very egoistical to me.

zibber
01-08-2012, 04:59 PM
There's no sperm in precum but you are right, there is risk in our bc methods. If I start to cum a little bit of the white stuff can leak out and that's a big risk. Also, there was one time I started to cum, pulled out and sucked back as hard as I could. It was like a max effort pc contraction. A load of cum just kind of drained out onto her stomach without any contractions on my part. I retained my erection and was able to continue fucking her. I'm sure a lot of sperm leaked out when I continued.

I've since tried to replicate that but haven't had complete success. One time I lost my erection and another I wasn't able to fuck worth a damn afterward because I still had an overwhelming urge to come. In other words, I couldn't take more than a few strokes without having to stop.

I didn't continue to try to perfect a technic along those lines because of the pregnancy risk and due to the inherent nature of having to yank it out of my wife when she needs it in her. I'd rather just keep my orgasm further at bay so none of that is a problem.

Your balls are going to explode and congrats on the kid.

Lovemuscle
01-08-2012, 05:02 PM
Good find. I have searched for sperm in my precum and couldn't find any. I searched in my initial precum and I searched after about a half hour of coaxing and still couldn't find any.

I do know there is inherent risk in what I'm doing. I don't want another child but my wife and I are happily married and have means, so I accept that risk. I sure as hell am not going to wear a condom. I've considered getting snipped but have had bad experiences with minor procedures so have decided not too.

davai
01-08-2012, 05:03 PM
Also, keeping your ejaculate in is unhealthy. If you don't "flush" regularly, it increases the risk of some diseases, even cancer, for all I know. That's why men who don't masturbate or have sex usually have "liquid dreams", because the body just empties itself if you don't do it.

Oh man....go and read through this thread, i'm sure i'm not the only one who provided arguments and links against what you're saying. I'm not going through it all again.

Lovemuscle
01-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Your balls are going to explode and congrats on the kid.

Haha thanks!

(Hopefully I did the quotes right. I see I butchered it in my other responses)

---------- Post added 01-08-2012 at 02:12 PM ----------

Lovemuscle, is it important to the two of you that she doesn't get pregnant? Cause what you're doing is in NO way a safe method of birth control. She could already be pregnant.

I don't want to comment on the relationship aspect of it, cause it's your thing, just one thing: I really really really wonder what your wife is thinking about this and why the hell she accepts it. Seems very egoistical to me.

My wife is gettin a lot of luvin so there's upside with the downside. I am concerned about the health risks and I've just simply decided I want to want my wife all the time more than I'm concerned about those risks.

AnnaMolly
01-08-2012, 05:15 PM
My wife is gettin a lot of luvin so there's upside with the downside. I am concerned about the health risks and I've just simply decided I want to want my wife all the time more than I'm concerned about those risks.

Sure, the question is just, why is she okay with you not "enjoying" yourself as much as she does? I know I certainly wouldn't be okay with that, it would feel very "unfair" to me, almost painful. Would you like it if your roles were reversed, and your wife hadn't orgasmed in 3 weeks, and was constantly restraining herself?

I guess I could understand it in a BDSM context.

SarcasticVlad
01-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Hey, I might just be an INTJ!
Probably not. This happens all the time. You read a cool article about INTJ's online that made it sound like INTJ's are the most awesome creatures in the world. And now, not knowing anything about MBTI you think you typed yourself accurately.

But hey, I hope your balls get better.

Lovemuscle
01-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Probably not. This happens all the time. You read a cool article about INTJ's online that made it sound like INTJ's are the most awesome creatures in the world. And now, not knowing anything about MBTI you think you typed yourself accurately.

You are probably right. What I really identify with is the first characteristic listed in Wiki of not functioning well in large social groups. Small groups I'm fine, large groups - definitely not energized. Some of the other attribute... maybe, but probably not to the degree to be classified.

---------- Post added 01-08-2012 at 05:11 PM ----------

Sure, the question is just, why is she okay with you not "enjoying" yourself as much as she does? I know I certainly wouldn't be okay with that, it would feel very "unfair" to me, almost painful. Would you like it if your roles were reversed, and your wife hadn't orgasmed in 3 weeks, and was constantly restraining herself?

I guess I could understand it in a BDSM context.

I really REALLY enjoy myself without climaxing. On weekdays we have sex for about 45 minutes and on weekends its probably an average of a little over an hour and it is the absolute highlight of every day for me.

I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. As matter of fact, if I climax on Monday and Tuesday morning, come Wednesday my alarm goes off and I am unmotivated so I hit the snooze and sleep in. Then I'm pissed off the rest of the day because I missed chance.

If the roles were reversed that wouldn't be cool with me. I want my wife to climax at least once every time.

Abzlute
01-09-2012, 12:04 AM
hmmm, I've heard of a lot of long term health benefits of regular (not excessive...no more than once a day but at least once a week) orgasm for both genders regardless of how the orgasms are reached. I find myself more focused if I maintain my once a day to once every three days habit. I don't really have any problem going long term without it though, sometimes I do just because of the situation. At one point I was a little bit addicted, as a teenager (early years, think 12 and 13 years old) where I had a twice a day habit and would run 4 if I was at home alone all day simply from boredom and freedom, 7 or 8 on a few rare days. I see no real motivation differences. Either way, I would rather get along with the girls I'm more likely to be around when I'm not horny...hot but intellectually boring girls are abound.

Just a little side note, they say Einstein was a sex freak

kaer
01-09-2012, 05:55 AM
For the benefit of INTJs, okie just kidding...

Short of going down to the ancient text, you may wish to look up more
for a proper, complete picture of her account, it comes with benefits.
The Tao of Health, Sex & Longevity by Daniel Reid
> Check out "semen retention" and "ejaculation control" To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(* Tao was not set out to be Religion.)

sevans
01-09-2012, 11:19 AM
I've seen this "fact" before and it's bullshit, stopped wanking for 3 weeks one time and had no change in my sex drive at all, let alone my attractiveness to women.

Project 2501
01-11-2012, 02:20 PM

It has been proven that abstaining from sexual release of any type boosts your testosterone levels. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And I know that reaching an orgasm is a very draining event for me energetically. There is a type of energy that a man radiates that attracts women, if you don't have it they won't be attracted to you, and it is depleted via orgasm and social interaction. At least that is my observation.

Lovemuscle
01-12-2012, 12:44 AM
It has been proven that abstaining from sexual release of any type boosts your testosterone levels. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some things I can't prove but I know to be true. I have no doubt testosterone will spike in males when no sexual release is had. However, if they had extended the study they would have found that over an extended period of time with no sexual release, testosterone levels return to normal.

In other words, it might be higher after a week without getting off but at two or three weeks it will be back to normal.

thesorehead
01-12-2012, 01:50 AM
Of all the males I know personally, I was definitely the last to start masturbating (at age ~18) and since then, I have abstained for a week here and there, the longest period would be about three weeks.

I've not noticed any correlation between my attractiveness and abstinence. Interestingly, there is a suggestion (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.) that frequent (several times weekly) ejaculation may reduce the chance of developing prostate cancer.

zibber
01-12-2012, 02:11 AM
I've seen this "fact" before and it's bullshit, stopped wanking for 3 weeks one time and had no change in my sex drive at all, let alone my attractiveness to women.

Talk about all for naught!

davai
01-12-2012, 10:12 AM
Interestingly, there is a suggestion (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.) that frequent (several times weekly) ejaculation may reduce the chance of developing prostate cancer.

And other sources (posted in thread i believe) suggest this is age related, i.e may be true for older men but for younguns may have an adverse effect.

---------- Post added 01-12-2012 at 03:13 PM ----------

3 weeks...meh...try 3 months and then give some observations.