PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

Zedicus
06-24-2008, 10:35 AM
Hello all,

A little introduction I'm a Application Developer that was told I was an INTJ at a party, so curiousity piqued I got home and found the test, and according to my results I am an INTJ, I am just not sure what it means ;) but my wife was surprised at how well the description fit.

Its good to be here and from reading the posts I think i'm going to enjoy hanging out around here.

So now on with the question...

I was in the high 70's for all the INT part but only 11% for the "J". Does this mean because of deviation and the fact that it was an online test that I should take the "J" portion with a grain of salt while being fairly confident about the INT parts?

Mafiaangel180
06-24-2008, 10:41 AM
I dunno...I would take a couple tests and see how they turn out.

Welcome! :)

notoppings
06-24-2008, 11:04 AM
Embrace your J'ness. Either way if you think you can find some enjoyment here don't worry about the label just accept that your wife is right (as usual) and join in. Welcome.

Elfrun
06-24-2008, 11:20 AM
Hmmm, what kind of party involves analysing peoples MBTI? Kay, in this party were you lying down? Maybe on a red leather couch? Was some kind soul asking you about your childhood? Possibly about hating your father and subjectifying your mother? :suspicious:

Was it that kind of party?

Meh, don't worry, no one here takes me serious :rolleyes:

Welcome ;D

Synamon
06-24-2008, 12:40 PM
I was in the high 70's for all the INT part but only 11% for the "J". Does this mean because of deviation and the fact that it was an online test that I should take the "J" portion with a grain of salt while being fairly confident about the INT parts?

From what I've been able to figure out about the numbers here's my take on it. On the test you did the baseline of equal parts J and P would be 0%. So 11% shows a preference for J but you are much closer to an equal balance on the J-P than you are on the others where you scored 70%. The absolute numbers just show the relative strength of preference of one letter over the other in answering the questions, that's all. So you have essentially chosen I over E and N over S and T over F, on 2/3 of the questions about those functions and had only a slight preference of J over P. Everyone has some balance of both functions anyways, this is just the tests way of telling you if your preference is a strong one or if it is more balanced.

There are other MBTI online tests in the Online Tests section so try a different one. Some use 50% as the baseline for scores, ie. 55% would be quite balanced with just a slight preference. Probably a better way to confirm your "label" would be to read the descriptions of INTJ and INTP on Personality Page and see which one describes you.

Welcome to the madness.

Monte314
06-24-2008, 07:06 PM
The wives always know. It's pointless to resist...

Welcome.

Zedicus
06-24-2008, 10:04 PM
Hmmm, what kind of party involves analysing peoples MBTI? Kay, in this party were you lying down? Maybe on a red leather couch? Was some kind soul asking you about your childhood? Possibly about hating your father and subjectifying your mother?

Was it that kind of party?

:cheesy:Your closer then you think, look up the Freemont Fair ( its a suburb of Seattle, WA. :laugh:

Elfrun
06-24-2008, 10:13 PM
Sheesh, walks in and gives me homework on day one :rolleyes:

Ahh, so it was a hippyfest... go to them from time to time myself :thumbsup:

rwyatt365
06-25-2008, 07:32 AM
Meh, don't worry, no one here takes me serious

Who says we don't take you seriously?!! Lemme at 'em!

(Trinity; :thinking: :book: :scholar: :smartass:)

Elfrun
06-25-2008, 07:57 AM
*swoon* My hero :flirt:

;D

I wub emoticons...