PDA

View Full Version : Hello and sorry!

Yossarian
06-24-2008, 04:14 AM
It appears I may have made a breach of forum etiquette by sneaking around and posting without so much as a proper introduction!
Sinscere apologies for such rude behaviour- I'm new to foruming (if that is the correct term?) and I shall attempt to rectify the situation as painlessly as possible...

I'm Yossarian- *makes elaborate bow* I'm also 19 and interested in life the universe and eveything...well, to a point. I discovered my INTJness a while ago, and although I did test once INTP previously, INTJ seems to fit me much better. Plus, the discussions on this forum are more interesting than elsewhere (no offence intended to other forums).

Look forward to doing some "proper" posting now, thanks for tolerating my skulking around!

ssrprotege
06-24-2008, 04:15 AM
Welcome to the forum! I sometimes get an INTP and sometimes an INTJ. :)

Elfrun
06-24-2008, 06:05 AM
*lashes Tossarian 10 times*

All is forgiven now, welcome :smug:

Psst did anyone else notice the elegant bow, wow! *swoon*

*tries to return the formal gesture with a graceful curtsy, stumbles, falls on top of ssr knocking over several tables which cause an entire bowl of punch to land in Tossarians lap* :embarassed:

*runs out of thread completely embarrassed*

rwyatt365
06-24-2008, 08:23 AM
You'll have to excuse Trinity, she hasn't been right since the operation.

Welcome to the forum *formal forum-welcoming bow and flourish*

notoppings
06-24-2008, 12:20 PM
Now we have to do courtly gestures, I'm lost, do I bow or curtsy in reply, next I'll have to choose the right fork for the disemboweling.

emanon
06-24-2008, 12:26 PM
To such a repentant and proper introduction who can help but curtsy (or bow)?

*deftly steps to the right grasping skirt and crossing the left foot behind in a graceful dip*

spittingvenom
06-24-2008, 12:48 PM
I love Yossarian....one of my favorite literary characters of all time.

Welcome, young Yossarian.

Elfrun
06-24-2008, 01:15 PM
Tops, feel free to curtsy but it is customary for the fellas to bow... On the subject of customary... Did you maybe want to welcome the (not so new) n00b?

Monte314
06-24-2008, 08:03 PM
Greetings, feel free to jump right in. We are glad you are here.

rwyatt365
06-25-2008, 08:27 AM
Formal greeting etiquette;

Males are required to bow smartly from the waist, one hand upon the heart while the other remains atop one's sword (you did bring your sword, didn't you?). Upon arising, on is to doff one's hat with the left hand and offer the right hand in the INTJf secret handshake.

Females are required to curtsie (thanks emanon for demonstrating a proper curtsie), placing the right hand discreetly upon one's bosom so as not to display excess décolletage. Following the curtsie, one is to offer one's hands to the new member for a courtly kiss.

Any more questions?

Elfrun
06-25-2008, 08:45 AM
Yes, just one question wise rwyatt...

Why can't I be as elegant as emanon :sulk: I've been practising for days and I just keep breaking things!

rwyatt365
06-25-2008, 08:47 AM
It seems that you are over-balanced by the wings. You'll either have to get a wingectomy or devise some other means to counter-weight yourself.

emanon
06-25-2008, 01:14 PM
No worries, Trin, I've been practicing for years not days to reach my current proficiency level, and yet I still fail in some formalities of the curtsie. In my concentration of curtsying, I completely forgot to say welcome and so without further ado, "Welcome, Yossarian."

Oberon
06-26-2008, 03:40 AM
Welcome Yossarian, fellow rule breaker and INTJ. Be glad Mistress Trinity gave you 10 lashes, rwyatt365, knowing proper custom withheld 2 lashes from the tradisional 39 on account of my lordship, (that and the fact that my armor began to show). May you develop much through us and inturn help us develop as well.

rwyatt365
06-26-2008, 08:40 AM
If you bow again, I'll deduct a few more lashes! :thumbsup:

(I love it when they bow!)

Monte314
06-28-2008, 04:59 PM
Man, all this bowing and scraping... it's more than I can deal with. Just let the guy in.