PDA

View Full Version : hello world

Saint
06-23-2008, 08:10 PM
Hi.

I don't know how to introduce myself. But I'm a little obsessed with the concept of an "About Me," so I'll just copy my About Me from Facebook as an introduction. Interestingly, a large portion of it goes without saying here since you already know I'm an INTJ. Regardless, I'll present it in it's unedited form, because the very way we write about ourselves tells others things about us.

I could add a great deal more, but how much does one want to really read about someone in an introduction?

I'm a 19-year old Computer Science and Philosophy major at RPI.

I do a lot of reading, writing, photography, watching films, and folding paper. Your classic boring person, or something.

I'm shy sometimes. Introverted. All I know about social consciousness I learned from my cat. You'll probably think I'm rude. Donít take it personally.

read this:
http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200303/rauch?r

And look up the letters INTJ.

I like people, but value solitude highly. Most of the time I'd rather stay in with a book than go out with a group, and I prefer social interaction in groups of one or less.

What else do I say? I'm obsessed with strategy games. I love cats. I can stare at a mechanical watch all day. I read a lot of poetry. Some nights I walk for hours. All I need to live is red wine or coffee or tea, some books and a camera. I appreciate the subtle. I'm Aristotelian, a little hard-willed. Constant intellectual/physical/emotional self-improvement is important to me.

If I'm awake, then I want a cappuccino.

My mind is always somewhere else.

If you sit still long enough, I'll take a picture.

I exist inside of cafes and on roads and in your dreams and nowhere else. I am made of cigar smoke and old ideas. I can be reproduced in entirety with brush strokes. I remind you too much of you. You are (not) alone.

I miss art.

Monte314
06-23-2008, 08:40 PM
RPI is a fine school. Greetings.

Saint
06-23-2008, 08:43 PM
Is it? There's been quite a lot of internal strife going on at the institution lately. The administration suspended the Faculty Senate, much to the distress of the American Association of University Professors (and, well, everyone but the administration). This has caused trouble in a lot of areas, one of which being the creation of the new Cognitive Science degree.

But that is neither here nor there. Thanks for the welcome!

Elfrun
06-23-2008, 09:08 PM
Ah, cat's teach us sooo much :lovestruck:

Welcome Saint.

Malotis
06-23-2008, 10:03 PM
Welcome. I'm a deeply introverted cat lover, book reader, strategy game enthusiast as well. Though I highly doubt I'd be able to stare at a mechanical watch all day...

curiousjane
06-23-2008, 10:35 PM
As I have noticed, strategy games and INTJs go together like a hand and a glove.

I like cats, writing, and watching movies. We have something in common! You're not allowed to feel antisocial now. ;)

ElstonGunn
06-23-2008, 10:50 PM
I exist inside of cafes and on roads and in your dreams and nowhere else. I am made of cigar smoke and old ideas. I can be reproduced in entirety with brush strokes. I remind you too much of you. You are (not) alone.

Is this a reference to something, or did you make it up? I like it a lot.

Saint
06-23-2008, 10:51 PM
I made it up. I wanted a way of saying that I like prose and poetry without outright saying it, so I tried to describe myself with a few lines.

rwyatt365
06-24-2008, 08:19 AM
Very eloquent. I hope your time here on the forum will be productive (or, at least fun!)