PDA

View Full Version : Game of Thrones MBTI types

Malkavia
07-04-2011, 07:31 PM
I love the Game of Thrones series. I just finished reading the book series twice today so its been on my mind lately.

Anyone interested in typing them?

Spoiler alert- Because there has been only one season of Game of Thrones on HBO (which covers the first book) anything passed that will be in spoiler tags. Anything not in spoiler tags is assuming you have read or watch the first book/season. DO NOT read the spoiler tags if you have not gotten farther in. The twist and turns of this series are too wonderful to be ruined, I promise the wait is worth it.

The Starks:
Eddard Stark - ISTJ - Dull, dutiful, loyal and honorable till death (literally). He is the stereotypical good soldier in the series. He is loyal to his king, faithful to his wife, and serves the realm. Even when he was unfaithful once and created a bastard child he brought him home to raise him and stands as a testament to his shame. Most unfortunately he is not good at seeing the bigger picture and gets his head chopped off.
There is speculation he did not even father Jon Snow. That actually it was Prince Rhaegar and Lyanna's child. If this is true he was never unfaithful to his wife.

Catlyn Stark - ESFJ - Dutiful, loving (and boring) mother. Everything she does is for the honor of her house or her children.

Robb Stark - Dont know. I dont think there is enough information.

Jon Snow - Don't know either.

Sansa Stark - ESFJ - She is naive and believes a prince will come and take her away. She is a younger, more inexperienced version of her mother.

Arya Stark - ENFP - Yes I'm probably pulling one of those I-like-the-character-so-I-make-her-my-MBTI-type things, but there are a lot of things about Arya I understand. She breaks societal rules outright, does what seems right to her, and is hard-headed and does what is true to her. She is constantly exploring on her own and discovering things. I did this ALL the time as a child. She learns things quickly and is very witty.
She has an identity crisis after the first few books. She doesn't know who she is anymore due to being gone from her family for so long. This seems very Fi to me. She tries to find who she is in the 4th book.

The rest of the children are too young to be typed. Nor are they discussed a lot in the books. Bran has in own chapter but he is still a child.

The Lannisters
Twin Lannister - INTJ - He is not in the first book much but he is definitely XNTJ. The greatest war general of the time in the books. He is cold, intelligent, and plans things far in advanced. He never smiles and rules with an iron fist. No one is able to stop him and he has an incredible commanding presence. He has the famous INTJ stare in the books.
It is said he only smiled twice - when he married his wife and when his first son was born. His famous INTJ stare is hilarious. He even makes the highest lords shut the hell up when he looks at them.

Tyrion Lannister - ENTP - Witty, fun, ridiculous, and intelligent. Tyrion reminds me a lot of ENTPs on this forum. He takes some pretty big risks as well and opens his mouth way too much.

Jamie Lannister - ESTP - He loves the battlefield and loves the glory.

Cersei Lannister - ESFP - The conniving, evil bitch. She believes she is quite the shit. She loves her beauty, her popularity, and being queen. Very emotional, quick to anger and quick to lust.
It all comes crashing down though. It is obvious she has paranoia or narcissistic personality disorder later in the books. She is not able to run a kingdom. She is incredibly short sighted and VERY emotional. oh and shes a whore and uses sex to get what she wants. She thinks she is her father but ironically is just the opposite.

The Baratheons -
Robert Baratheon - ESXP - He loves his whores, he loves his alcohol, and he loves his battles. Even he admits hes a terrible king. He runs the kingdom into debt and hates the actual "king" part of his job. He would much rather fight and fuck, which he says multiple times.

Renly Baratheon - Maybe... ENFJ? Meh, dont really know much about him, except hes a cutie. He loves his colors and his men. In the first season though you do see he has a good heart and I think he would make a good king.
He dies though. Whomp whomp!

Stannis Baratheon - ISTJ - "Stannis has the personality of a lobster" - Renly. Stannis is the most negative stereotype of an ISTJ you can have. He doesnt even enjoy sex with his wife. He is cold, very honorable, and harsh with punishment.

Others -

Petyr Baelish (little finger) - ENTJ - I think Littlefinger is an ENTJ. He has plans no one seems coming and he is able to see farther ahead than anyone else. He is very good with people and very charming. But it is all a show. He is actually cold, ruthless, and intelligent.
By the end of the fourth book he is about to have 1/3 of the kingdom in his palm without anyone even knowing it. He is very sly.

Daenarys Targaryan - ENFJ The dragon reborn, the great prophetic child. She loves her people. Almost too much.
She pretty much creates a cult. She is known to fall into her emotions too much though which causes trouble.

Feel free to add more or debate! And please use spoiler tags if you need to for our people who still have not read the series so far.

Weltschmerzer
07-04-2011, 11:01 PM
The Lannisters
Twin Lannister - INTJ - He is not in the first book much but he is definitely XNTJ. The greatest war general of the time in the books. He is cold, intelligent, and plans things far in advanced. He never smiles and rules with an iron fist. No one is able to stop him and he has an incredible commanding presence. He has the famous INTJ stare in the books.
It is said he only smiled twice - when he married his wife and when his first son was born. His famous INTJ stare is hilarious. He even makes the highest lords shut the hell up when he looks at them.

Tyrion Lannister - ENTP - Witty, fun, ridiculous, and intelligent. Tyrion reminds me a lot of ENTPs on this forum. He takes some pretty big risks as well and opens his mouth way too much.

Others -

Petyr Baelish (little finger) - ENTJ - I think Littlefinger is an ENTJ. He has plans no one seems coming and he is able to see farther ahead than anyone else. He is very good with people and very charming. But it is all a show. He is actually cold, ruthless, and intelligent.
By the end of the fourth book he is about to have 1/3 of the kingdom in his palm without anyone even knowing it. He is very sly.

I saw Tywin as an ENTJ, Tyrion as an INTJ, and Littlefinger as an INTJ. I could see Tywin going either way. Tyrion's sense of humor reminds me much more of an INTJ's than an ENTP's. What makes you say that Littlefinger is an E?

Malkavia
07-04-2011, 11:08 PM
I saw Tywin as an ENTJ, Tyrion as an INTJ, and Littlefinger as an INTJ. I could see Tywin going either way. Tyrion's sense of humor reminds me much more of an INTJ's than an ENTP's. What makes you say that Littlefinger is an E?

Tywin - I put INTJ because he doesnt seem to enjoy people that much. He is very hard, cold, and unforgiving. I always saw ENTJs as people-oriented.

Tyrion - His humor is sarcastic, yes, but he cant keep his mouth shut. Even when he talks to his dad he cant help but say something. I think that points more towards an E. He also takes a lot more risks in the books (such as hoping Bronn will help save his life) and some are just for the fun of it. It reads ENTP to me.

I assume Littlefinger is an because of how charming he is. He seems to have a natural ability to charm people and bring them to his side. For most INTJs that charm is usually learned.

BellaBianca
07-05-2011, 04:25 AM
I agree that Tyrion resembles more of an ENTP - ish character.
He is social, inventive, talkative, sarcastic when he could have died from it, quick thinker with impulsive solutions to immediate problems, mentally agile.
Likes parties for the sake of the parties, likes the prostitutes for themselves and their services -I think an INTJ of this story would have made more extended use of them, like Littlefinger, or not bothered that much with them at all.

Still, Littlefinger does have more people skill than the archetypical portrait of an INTJ, and it's generally considered more of an E thing to be able to use the people picture this well.

I imagine several of the characters who volunteer to take the black are INTJs.
Maybe that old Targaryen at the Wall is INTJ?

---------- Post added 07-05-2011 at 08:40 AM ----------

Also - I think Arya looks more ISTP, with a strong need to exercise Se in ways that clashes with social conformity. Besides, ISTPs can have problems with settled expectations to them, because they have to evaluate it with their Ti, and if it doesn't make sense that way, then it doesn't count, no matter what the others claim.

ACe Bishop
07-05-2011, 10:05 AM
Me thinks people are confusing what an Introvert truely is... Being an Introvert is not about being a hermet and not talking to anyone... It's more about the spot light... those who want it and enjoy it are E while those who care not for it are I.

Little Finger is an I not an E. His use of spys to gather information, how he usually talks to people one on one, trying to pull the strings from a distance rather than upfront. Plus he never tells people his true motives. His love for Catlyn and how he is seemingly scheming just to ruin the Stark's is signature INTJ. Meanwhile I think Tywin is ENTJ he makes himself the center of attention unlike Tyrion and Littlefinger.

Malkavia
07-05-2011, 10:12 AM
Me thinks people are confusing what an Introvert truely is... Being an Introvert is not about being a hermet and not talking to anyone... It's more about the spot light... those who want it and enjoy it are E while those who care not for it are I.

Little Finger is an I not an E. His use of spys to gather information, how he usually talks to people one on one, trying to pull the strings from a distance rather than upfront. Plus he never tells people his true motives. His love for Catlyn and how he is seemingly scheming just to ruin the Stark's is signature INTJ. Meanwhile I think Tywin is ENTJ he makes himself the center of attention unlike Tyrion and Littlefinger.

Being an "I" means you lose energy from being around people, being an "E" means you gain energy from being around people.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Littlefinger is people oriented.

Also, Tyrion is ALWAYS the center of attention.

ACe Bishop
07-05-2011, 11:00 AM
But Littlefinger interaction is with small groups of people. Being introverted you can hang out in large groups and still be yourself (or put on a front and be uber charismatic with large groups) but it's draining and at the end of the day you still prefer to be alone or in smaller groups. You throw lavish parties, talk to everyone, then retreat to your study with a few people or alone. Why because the party has ulterior motives i.e. keeping up an appearance while working the in the shadows. But it is hard to judge people in books and movies/tv shows where people are always scheming, because you start to wonder whose the real person the public persona or the private one.

As for Tyrion, he is also always drinking which makes it that much harder, can you say for certain he isn't drinking to excess in public because he hates the large crowds? No. We can neither confirm nor deny any reason why he drinks. And when you are drunk you are usually more social no matter how introverted or extroverted you are.

Indubitably
07-05-2011, 01:25 PM
There is very little doubt in my mind that little finger is an INTJ, I suppose you could make an argument for him being an INFJ, but I get more of the feeling that he manipulates people through events rather than events through people. Either way he clearly has a strong mind for strategic event planning, a well developed sense of personal "style", and keeps mostly to himself, which seems to indicate a preference for Ni and Fi, even if it doesn't always clearly distinguish Te from Fe in such a socially charged environment.

Eddard Stark is most certainly an Fi dominant, and more likely than not an ISFP, as is Snow who despite being a bastard probably takes after Eddard more than any of his other sons. With an ISTJ its not a question of what is "right", its a question of upholding or enforcing a standard; or rather, what is "right" for an ISTJ is to uphold a standard. An ISTJ would not struggle with what is right and wrong the way Eddard does (or at least not over the same things things that Eddard Stark does), because for an ISTJ there would be no ambiguity as to what the right thing to do was. An ISTJ's duty is to his station, and to the laws that govern and define the conduct of an individual that holds such a station, not to the laws that govern or define a personal code of conduct.

Cersi Lannister is almost certainly an iNtuitive, and I would say she is most likely an ENFJ. I see a lot of my ENFJ brother in her, she is fiercely loyal to her family, and innately talented at manipulating people, but also very creative and big-picture oriented. If you want an example of an ESFP look at King Robert. ESFPs have neither the talent nor the patience for treachery; they will dawn the trapping of authority for the greater good if they must, but they would much rather be in the thick of it, experiencing life first hand, not sitting around plotting and scheming all day or dictating policy to a room full of stuffy bureaucrats.

Arya is young, and it is hard to get a sense of exactly how her personality will solidify, but she seems quite clearly to have a strong preference for Se and some sort of introverted judging function, which is most likely Ti from what we've seen thus far. Either way she is certainly not a "people person", and since she appears to already be about 10 or 11 years old, it seems unlikely that she ever will be, so I am going to go with ISTP.

Malkavia
07-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Any opinion on Tyrion?

Indubitably
07-05-2011, 01:53 PM
Any opinion on Tyrion?

My guess for Tyrion is pretty well in line with what you guessed, he seems to be a misanthropic ENTP. At first I thought he might just be a very very social INTJ who was caught up in self destructive indulgence of Se, but Fi-Se hedonism in an INTJ, in this much excess, would have an almost suicidally fatalistic bent to it; he wouldn't just be a snarky man-whore, he'd be rushing headlong into battles he had almost no hope of winning intentionally rather than doing it begrudgingly to satisfy his father.

Everything else fits ENTP though; his lack of planning, his dedication to learning for the sake of learning, his sentimental side, the hedonism and willful disobedience of authority figures.. ultimately you just plain have to work far less in order to explain why ENTP fits than any other type.

BostonIan
07-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Not in the mood to go person-by-person, but, watching the series, I associated most with the Lannisters. Starks were the respectable SJ's, other families I didn't particularly care about.

Seablue
07-05-2011, 02:30 PM
I actually don't think it's possible to type characters from books unless maybe the author had some notion of the MBTI, but, oh well, it might be fun.

Sansa Stark - ESFJ - She is naive and believes a prince will come and take her away. She is a younger, more inexperienced version of her mother.

I disagree with her being the same type as her mother. Even when she was young, Catelyn was all about the family and the duty. Sansa is a dreamer, and she's quite egoistic, but at the same time, she truly has a good heart. She loves nothing more than stories about knights and ladies, and even the gruesome things she witnesses can't make her forget her ideals about what True Knights should be like.

When she marries Tyrion and humiliate him by refusing to bend, she regrets it later, realizing that he's been good to her and that it was childish of her to hurt him because she wouldn't compromise her ideals.

So I would see her more as a NF type. Or maybe ISFJ.

Arya Stark - ENFP - Yes I'm probably pulling one of those I-like-the-character-so-I-make-her-my-MBTI-type things

Well I like her too and she's not ENFP ! ;D

At least I think she's a T, and probably an I too. The rest, I don't know.

It all comes crashing down though. It is obvious she has paranoia or narcissistic personality disorder later in the books. She is not able to run a kingdom. She is incredibly short sighted and VERY emotional. oh and shes a whore and uses sex to get what she wants. She thinks she is her father but ironically is just the opposite.

I. Hate. Her. So. Much.

Yes, I know, this was in no way useful, but I had to say it.

Stannis Baratheon - ISTJ - "Stannis has the personality of a lobster" - Renly. Stannis is the most negative stereotype of an ISTJ you can have. He doesnt even enjoy sex with his wife. He is cold, very honorable, and harsh with punishment.

Oh yeah, probably ISTJ.

---------- Post added 07-05-2011 at 08:31 PM ----------

Tywin INTJ, Tyrion ENTP and Littlefinger ENTJ seem to fit.

Malkavia
07-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Cersi Lannister is almost certainly an iNtuitive, and I would say she is most likely an ENFJ. I see a lot of my ENFJ brother in her, she is fiercely loyal to her family, and innately talented at manipulating people, but also very creative and big-picture oriented. If you want an example of an ESFP look at King Robert. ESFPs have neither the talent nor the patience for treachery; they will dawn the trapping of authority for the greater good if they must, but they would much rather be in the thick of it, experiencing life first hand, not sitting around plotting and scheming all day or dictating policy to a room full of stuffy bureaucrats.

It is so hard for me to see her as ENFJ. Shes just so....horrible.

Ever when she has her own chapter shes horrible. Yes she is loyal to her family but her hatred towards EVERYONE else doesnt ring ENFJ to me. Of course like I said, I think she truly has some type of psychological disorder like paranoia towards the end.

---------- Post added 07-05-2011 at 01:35 PM ----------

Tywin INTJ, Tyrion ENTP and Littlefinger ENTJ seem to fit.

Yay someone agrees!

I know Arya is not ENFP....I just want her to be. *sniffle*

At least Im able to admit it right?

Seablue
07-05-2011, 02:36 PM
Cersi Lannister is almost certainly an iNtuitive, and I would say she is most likely an ENFJ. I see a lot of my ENFJ brother in her, she is fiercely loyal to her family, and innately talented at manipulating people, but also very creative and big-picture oriented.

I don't think she's that way in the books. They changed her quite a bit in the show, made her a lot more likable (though still a bitch). She only succeeds in manipulating very naive people, she can't compete with Tywin, Tyrion, Littlefinger, etc. And she has no sense of the "big picture", doesn't care about her family, the only thing that matters to her is her personal power. But as the OP said, she's probably a bit crazy, and it's hard to type crazy people. In the 4th books, you see through her eyes for quite a lot of chapters, and I had a hard time reading them >_>

Edit : I really don't think she "loyal to her family". She cares about the power that comes with it, that's all. Contrary to her father, she doesn't care that the name of the family will live on after her. She does love her children, that much is true, but not anyone else.

Even Jaime, she loves him as long as he is her faithful shadow, thinks like her and protects her, but as soon as he starts changing she rejects him without a second thought. She liked him as a mirror, that's all.

And, for the people who have read the last pages of the fourth book :

I just can't wait for her to realize that it's Jaime and not Tyrion who will lead her to her death.

But she does have some amount of courage and determination, at least.

Either way she is certainly not a "people person", and since she appears to already be about 10 or 11 years old, it seems unlikely that she ever will be, so I am going to go with ISTP.

I don't know about ISTP, but it's possible. At least I agree that she's not an E.

---------- Post added 07-05-2011 at 08:41 PM ----------

I know Arya is not ENFP....I just want her to be. *sniffle*

At least Im able to admit it right?

Yep, that's good ;)

anticlimatic
04-18-2012, 04:41 PM
Is it just me, or does Asha Greyjoy have the INTJ death stare (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.) locked down?

MrFlaneur
04-18-2012, 05:40 PM
There's a lot of buzz about this series. Is it worth reading the books?

Malkavia
04-18-2012, 05:44 PM
There's a lot of buzz about this series. Is it worth reading the books?

The books are much better than show (of course) and I've never heard of anyone not liking the books once they started. There are a TON of characters so it can take a few chapters but it gets easier.

Kisai
04-18-2012, 05:56 PM
I'm rooting for ISFJ for Catelyn. She's devoid of a social network and mostly she wishes to just go home and be a mom again. She misses her home from Tully (Si), is duty oriented, and meddlesome.

ESFJ for Cersei. Unfortunately, she's a very immature one and manipulates people in a ham-fisted way. She demands to be a social paragon it seems, for its own sake.

Renly has an easygoing EXXP nature. I want to say ENFP.

Littlefinger might be an ENTJ. Tyrion is an ENTP. Tywin is the only INTJ that I know of in the book.

Zodd
04-18-2012, 06:33 PM
Almost no replies about the show itself but this is fun?

---------- Post added 04-19-2012 at 12:33 AM ----------

I've never understood the fun in typing characters from shows, or people IRL for that matter.

---------- Post added 04-19-2012 at 12:34 AM ----------

Oh, this thread is from last year.

Silverity
04-18-2012, 10:33 PM
Any guesses for Varys? :D

Seablue
04-20-2012, 08:56 AM
Any guesses for Varys? :D

INFJ? :D

Moxiie
04-20-2012, 12:53 PM
I'm rooting for ISFJ for Catelyn. She's devoid of a social network and mostly she wishes to just go home and be a mom again. She misses her home from Tully (Si), is duty oriented, and meddlesome.

ESFJ for Cersei. Unfortunately, she's a very immature one and manipulates people in a ham-fisted way. She demands to be a social paragon it seems, for its own sake.

Renly has an easygoing EXXP nature. I want to say ENFP.

Littlefinger might be an ENTJ. Tyrion is an ENTP. Tywin is the only INTJ that I know of in the book.

I agree with all of the above, the books delve much deeper into character development - Renly as an ENFP, interesting and I find I agree with it.

Littlefinger is for sure an E personality - his social grace and ability to charm are definitely E, also he runs a brothel and manipulates people for his own end. While INTJ's can do that, I've never heard of one actually doing it - you guys are too independent and cannot really be bothered with manipulating people, requires way too much human interaction and y'all are too busy internally planning world domination. ENTJ's do the same thing, but use other people to accomplish their ends, therefore Littlefinger is def and ENTJ.

I wanted Arya to be an ENFP too. lol.

Polymath20
04-23-2012, 03:20 PM
Robb Stark - Stoic for a kid, but friendly and sociable. ESTP is my guess. Has trouble with the bigger picture, but that's why he's got a J mom to help him out. Though he's not quite so spunky and dynamic, so he may yet grow into a good ESTJ.

Jon Snow - INFJ. He craves purpose and meaning (J) and seeks to valid himself through titles and achievement (N). Sticks up for Samwell, something he thinks is "right" - (F). Can't tell if he's E/I - though reading the books, he seems to think a lot and rationalize with internal monologue, so I would go with (I)

Avalonlord
01-16-2013, 07:14 AM
George Martin?
Cersei Lannister INTJ
Robb Stark INTJ
Joffrey INTJ
Sansa ISFJ
Tyrian ENTP
Eddark ISTJ
Stannis ISTJ
ROBERT ESTP
Catelyn ESFJ
Renly ENFJ
Jamie ENTJ
Tywin INTJ

01-16-2013, 01:32 PM
Ned-ISTJ.....bad stereotype
Tywin-ENTJ He's lead by his Te but Fi makes an appearance when he finally gives Tyrion a little bit of respect "because you are my son". People really ought to be more concerned with how functions interact rather than "Whoa he's not a people person"

Jon-Some kind of dominant feeler i should say....

Sansa-ISFP for sure

Arya- I can agree that she's ENFP

Cersei- Bad ESFJ. Has to be a dominant judgement function because she "takes things so seriously in comparison to jamie and tyrion

Robb stark-ESTJ

Varys is INFJ for sure

Tyrion-Some people may cry, but INTJ. He can either pass for ENTP or ESFP in the first book because of low self-esteem and he is clearly operating by shadow functions. He drinks constantly but is also constantly reading.

When acting out unhealthily he is a party animal who thrives on sensation, when acting out more healthily he is a strategic leader with plans and contingencies(similar to type 5 enneagram, where apparently alot of INTJ's test)

Introverted feeling makes an appearance when he says "I have a tender spot in my heart for cripples and bastards and broken things" and i can quote function definitions if need be.I'd like to see someone try and actually identify the functions of ENTP, the only argument i can conceive is that he can seem like a troll poking sensitive spots. However the humor is based on sarcasm and not ENTP's generation of shock due to using Fe "negatively". ESFJ's and ESTJ's rely on Ne as their tertiary function, and even they do this in real life. Accepts the role of leadership as a last resort but is a very able leader and is quite similar to Tywin more than he would like to admit when functioning healthily, when operating by shadow functions he is like a bad ESFP.

Lol someone resurrected this:S

Daenarys-INFP

Littlefinger-INTJ Again....function interaction.

Jamie-ESTP for sure

Joffrey- So unhealthy...this is really complex.The function would make more sense if it were some kind of extroverted judging.I'm going to go with a really bad ENFJ. He clearly judges before he perceives, he's not goal oriented but he constantly needs to be appreciated. He just wants to hurt people but he still uses open lies to pretend it's justified,feel free to challenge.

Ender
01-16-2013, 04:22 PM
It's been too long since I read the books, but going by the TV series and what I remember of him, I think Jon Snow is INFJ. The way he stands up for the one guy. Emerges as some kind of leader if I recall, but not directly (more through influence). Wants desperately to fight for a cause.

NotYourParadigm
05-11-2014, 11:31 AM
Is it just me, or does Asha Greyjoy have the INTJ death stare (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.) locked down?

I know this thread died ages ago, but I can't let this bit go. Absolutely! Asha Greyjoy is the only female INTJ I see in the series (they seem to be damn near impossible to find in fiction), and I'm happy to find that there's someone else who sees it.
She's the only Greyjoy with a decent brain in her head, and really is an under-appreciated character.

[AFfC / ADwD Spoilers]
She's the only one of the ironborn who seems to realize that Euron is chasing feebly after dragons that I really cannot see him winning. Victarion's tough as nails, but unfortunately about as smart as one too. I can see the Nuncles causing a real nice shitstorm in Daenerys' plotline but not succeeding in their overall purposes, la Quentyn Martell.

Despite being born and raised entirely as an ironborn, Asha's not a grunting fool like most of them. She knows her father was a greedy idiot, and that they haven't a dream of holding the North, let alone all of Westeros. She's got Ni and Te as sharp as her battle-axe and dirk, and she knows how to use them.

I expect (and avidly hope) that Asha is going to end up ruling the Iron Islands through Theon's claim, since it wasn't properly considered in the Kingsmoot. She can use her brother as political figurehead (the boy is about fit to lead as Hodor is to be king) in the same way she offered to 'advise' Victarion (that actually wouldn't have been a bad scenario either, since Victarion would be an easy fool to manipulate). She'd do a damned good job of ruling, and she seems to be only hope the Greyjoys have if they don't want to be destroyed entirely.

[TWoW Preview Spoilers]
Of course, that all is going to rather difficult if Theon gets beheaded/roasted by Stannis, as we're being lead to anticipate. Luckily, I don't think GRRM is done with the poor kid just yet.