PDA

View Full Version : I was always trying to be someone else so I could fit in.....

Rachel45
06-16-2008, 11:14 PM
Hi everyone! I have been reading the posts on this forum for at least two weeks and I am glad I finally joined. I was kind of shocked that I am an INTJ. I have been trying to fit in all of my life and I have been getting used to putting on my extraverted "mask" so the the rest of the extraverted world will somehow accept me. I can see that I have been failing miserably... I do so many things differently from others. No wonder the mask just doesn't serve me! I read all of the time, analyze EVERYTHING and have a high grade point average and I am super f**king perfectionistic. The white flag you see is me surrendering...I will embrace my INTJ-ness because,truthfully,it is just too cool for words to have a personality type that is only seen in 2% of the population and 0.5%!! of women. I thank all of you for your wisdom and showing me I can be at home here.

Max
06-16-2008, 11:30 PM
I will embrace my INTJ-ness because,truthfully,it is just too cool for words to have a personality type that is only seen in 2% of the population and 0.5%!! of women.

Doesn't it just make you feel super special? :nice:

curiousjane
06-16-2008, 11:31 PM
*hands out white flags for all*

Surrender to the mind control.

Synamon
06-16-2008, 11:55 PM
Welcome, you don't have to pretend with us. I spent my whole life doing that, it's a useful skill actually.

Elfrun
06-17-2008, 01:08 AM
Kick off your shoes, loosen your belt, relax and make yourself at home, no need for masks in here.

ssrprotege
06-17-2008, 01:16 AM
Same here, I used to be forced to conform. lol, I ended up pretending to conform, while going mentally somewhere else. Welcome. You will enjoy here a lot.

f3nr1l
06-17-2008, 02:21 AM
Hi. Welcome.

On the related note, sometimes I wonder why more INTJ's aren't actors or actresses. Most of us learn the trade our whole lives!

hyper84
06-17-2008, 02:28 AM
Hi. Welcome.

On the related note, sometimes I wonder why more INTJ's aren't actors or actresses. Most of us learn the trade our whole lives!

Yeah, it seems like we're all pretty good at it, but it doesn't keep my mind occupied enough, personally. I love doing it, though; fooling everyone like that.

rwyatt365
06-17-2008, 11:15 AM
I sense that actors/actresses LOVE what they do. We do it because we have to - to survive. Different motivation.

Welcome, and un-mask, you are among friends.

emanon
06-17-2008, 06:56 PM
Welcome to a place where an INTJ can be an INTJ. The stage of life can get a little tiring sometimes.

Monte314
06-17-2008, 09:34 PM
We are glad you have joined. Welcome!

Fashionista
06-18-2008, 09:19 AM
Ah perfectionism. Welcome Rachel