PDA

View Full Version : A friendly lurker joins, I do.

f3nr1l
06-15-2008, 07:50 PM
Hello!

I've just been looking over the forum a bit, and reasoned I should join. Honestly, the "you must have at least two posts to see links" stuff was a bit of a bother. I think I'll lurk around mostly, because I have a tendency to never say what I mean when I need to, and start fights when I try to do anything but.

I'm currently in the midst of discovering myself. I grew up with, let's say, a very headstrong couple of parents. I'm trying to figure out what I am and what I'm really like deep down, after years of being influenced and adjusting to those around me. I suppose one could say I'm just now becoming "self aware".

I stumbled across the website after taking a few personality tests, and all saying I'm an INTJ. The last time I tested, about six months ago, I was an INTP, and for three years before that (the time I've known about the test) I was a strong ENTP. So I'm really not quite sure what I am anymore.

Anyway, hi, you might see me around a bit. I'll mostly be lurking, but it's nice to meet you all.

Monte314
06-15-2008, 08:42 PM
Starting fights is OK. In fact, it's kind of hard to stay out of them... but it's all very cordial.

Welcome!

f3nr1l
06-15-2008, 08:56 PM
Thanks!

I've been in a fair share of internet arguments. While this doesn't seem to be the place for them to get too out of hand too often (or embody Godwin's law), I'm peaceful.

Also, this post lets me see links now. Woooo.

hyper84
06-16-2008, 12:10 AM
From what I gather, people here seem to respect your opinions if you do the same for them, even if you disagree. I'm guessing that on here an "I'm sorry" would go a long way with anyone worth having on the forum. So keep posting because I know you have good insights. Disagreements on here might also help you critique your own thoughts since everyone here is pretty deep and thoughtful.

Elfrun
06-16-2008, 07:24 AM
:suspicious: As long as you're friendly...

Welcome.

Fashionista
06-16-2008, 07:36 AM
Welcome, your story is very familiar to me. Good luck finding yourself.

emanon
06-16-2008, 01:17 PM
Have you taken the sci-fi/fantasy character test (http://www.intjforum.com/showthread.php?t=4803)? I'm just curious if your result would be Yoda.

Welcome.

curiousjane
06-16-2008, 02:00 PM
NTs of any persuasion feel at home here. In fact, other types do, as well. Case in point: me.

If you have an ENTP-bent to you, I have a feeling we'll get along famously. ENTPs and I always hit it off. INTJs and I usually stare each other down, feel each other out, and then bond permanently. It's the inherent goofiness of most INTJs that finally wins out and we can banter back and forth like we've known each other our entire lives. And if you're ever in an INTP mood ... well, that's my secondary type. It comes out to play every now and then ... and when it does! Watch out! Information overload, here we come!

Whoo hoo! (And yes, the second post required thing gets 'em EVERY time. Every newbie complains about it. And then ... after the secret 15-post mark handshake ... a whole NEW world opens up, full of even more INTJ goodness!)

Welcome. :)

ScurvyRose
06-16-2008, 02:29 PM
Welcome! This site is addicting, and appears to be worth the interest. Just stay away from the one with the mind control helmet, they are relentless!

f3nr1l
06-17-2008, 01:28 AM
Have you taken the sci-fi/fantasy character test (http://www.intjforum.com/showthread.php?t=4803)? I'm just curious if your result would be Yoda.

Welcome.

I just took it, and got Jean-Luc Picard. Sorry to disappoint. Why would you suppose I'd be Yoda?

Oh, and thanks everyone else. I'm trying to break my lurking tendency for you all (as I've read many of you rather want us lurkers to post :P), at least until I get to 15 posts. Then..we'll see, mwahaha!

rwyatt365
06-17-2008, 10:13 AM
Need help finding yourself?

You're over.............................................. .....................here.

Welcome! This site is addicting, and appears to be worth the interest. Just stay away from the one with the mind control helmet, they are relentless!
*hides helmet behind back*

C'mere, I've got something I'd like to show you...

emanon
06-17-2008, 12:24 PM
I just took it, and got Jean-Luc Picard. Sorry to disappoint. Why would you suppose I'd be Yoda?

Just the word arrangement of your title. Silly reason, I know, but hey.

f3nr1l
06-17-2008, 01:17 PM
Just the word arrangement of your title. Silly reason, I know, but hey.
Hah. That's just how I naturally speak. I think I would have gotten Yoda, if I had selected the spiritual answers to a few questions.

ScurvyRose
06-18-2008, 01:20 PM
Pick you up at 7 my mother will?