PDA

View Full Version : I'm not alone? What?

hyper84
06-13-2008, 10:52 PM
Hello INTJs. I can't tell you how glad I am to finally find this forum. I've always known I was weird, but now it's nice to know that I'm at least not alone. I am 23 and am in medical school in Arkansas (just got out of the first year). I'm about as INTJ as you can get. I just got out of a four year relationship. I live alone and enjoy it, but it's been hard trying to find other people out there with which I can really connect with, and I can get lonely sometimes. Like most of you out there, I can tell after one or two conversations if someone is worth my time, so I have a tendency to sabotage any relationship before it can even begin to form. I've learned how to imitate people in the world around me to try to make myself feel more normal (anyone watch Dexter?). I don't know if that's a good or bad thing, but it's allowed me to maintain friendships with fellow students around me. Anyway, it's great to be here.

SeaCzar
06-13-2008, 10:54 PM
Welcome to the forum. I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy it here. I am a big Dexter fan as well. You may have to dig, but there are a few Dexter threads here.:thumbsup:

curiousjane
06-13-2008, 10:55 PM
and it's great to have you. I'm tired, or I'd be more witty.

I'll leave that to the rest of the welcoming committee...

ElstonGunn
06-13-2008, 11:07 PM
I'm about as INTJ as you can get. I just got out of a four year relationship.

INTJs don't have four-year relationships. You're lying about your type. :p

Kidding. Bienvenido.

hyper84
06-13-2008, 11:17 PM

Kidding. Bienvenido.

Well, I'm also Irish, so I can put up with hell on earth and be too ignorant/stupid/hard-headed to jump ship.

Monte314
06-13-2008, 11:35 PM
Cool.

I didn't think med school left room for any free "web time". Are you goofing off?

hyper84
06-13-2008, 11:46 PM
After completion of the first year, the med school in AR pretty much gives you a full summer of free time. I'm using it to learn Spanish and review first year material. Med students have more free time than they realize for the most part. One of my friends is a new father of beautiful twins; now there is a man with no free time, but he's more dependable and higher ranked than half the class.

antisocial one
06-14-2008, 04:06 AM
INTJs don't have four-year relationships. You're lying about your type.

Could not agree more.

notoppings
06-14-2008, 04:16 AM
Greetings, and all that. Sounds like even in summer you have a lot to do. Relax here every once in a while. Blow of some steam or dazzle us with your wit or insight. Looking forward to reading your post.

Lemmiwinks
06-14-2008, 05:08 AM
Wow, an Arkansan INTJ! I didn't think that was possible.

So tell me - I've always wanted to know the answer to this question. If two people from Arkansas get divorced, do they still have to call each other brother and sister?

Synamon
06-14-2008, 08:11 AM
No, but they are still cousins.

Welcome to the forum, sounds like you have some pretty good coping mechanisms, maybe here you can just be yourself, that's my favorite part of interacting online.

hyper84
06-14-2008, 09:52 AM
Family reunions can be so awkward. . . .

Motor Jax
06-14-2008, 10:01 AM
welcome to here then

Elfrun
06-14-2008, 11:41 AM
hyper84... are you me :suspicious:

ssrprotege
06-14-2008, 12:02 PM
Welcome to here, you won't feel weird. :)

By the way, I am a big fan of Anuna, Irish choir group. :thumbsup:

replicant
06-14-2008, 01:27 PM

Man, if he's lying than I would be a liar too. lol I have been in a 14 year relationship, two of those years married. And I am married to INTJ. Even being married to an INTJ is a challenge. LOL!

Welcome to the board! Enjoy yourself. :)

Fashionista
06-16-2008, 07:29 AM
Welcome

Elfrun
06-16-2008, 07:40 AM
hyper84... are you me :suspicious:

See children, this is why you shouldn't drunk type! You say things that probably make perfect sense at the time but upon review are simply stoopid and confusing :blush:

I'll do it properly this time... WELCOME hyper84 *waves*

mind_wander
06-16-2008, 09:35 AM
Welcome here, I also watched Dexter, its not that bad at all. Hoping for Season 3 :)

f3nr1l
06-16-2008, 12:53 PM
Oh, hi, welcome!

You described a lot of what I do in the opening paragraph; I like you. The first time I watched Dexter it was uncanny how similar I was to him. After all, he kills people, takes a slide of their blood, and drops them in garbage bags down into the ocean. That kind of person is not often the kind you want to associate with. :P

hyper84
06-16-2008, 02:27 PM
I think Dexter would be a good spokesman on a commercial for Glad ForceFlex garbage bags.

ScurvyRose
06-16-2008, 02:35 PM
Oh man! That would be very effective marketing! I like this character better than his 6 feet under one, that one was to whiney. Anyways, welcome aboard!

rwyatt365
06-17-2008, 09:52 AM
Imitation is "societal camoflage", it allows you to move freely among "the others" without being detected (sounds like a zombie movie plot).

Welcome to the forum.