PDA

View Full Version : Hello Mortals.

Dil
06-12-2008, 11:47 PM
Anyways, I thought about typing in Greeting Fellow Earthlings into the introduction to make it as cheesy as possible, but I don't exactly want to be mistaken for a pasty treky fan, so I desisted.

I'm Dil.

I had to get all of my wisdom teeth out. All SIX of them because I'm such a wise-ass (I had two extra, they discovered this when they dug into my gums). I wish I had demanded that they give them to me so I can keep them in a jar to rattle at people, but I was too high on general anaesthetic to remember it.

I'm a transhumanist atheist.

SevenOfSpades
06-13-2008, 12:31 AM
A jar filled with wisdom teeth would be a pretty awesomme trinket to have in one's possession... :P

Nevertheless, welcome!

Dil
06-13-2008, 01:15 AM
19.5kb is too small of a file size. I'm a vain SOB and I want to upload a colour photo.

notoppings
06-13-2008, 01:54 AM
You take a lot for granted, assuming that all here are Mortal. I await the quickening. Naa not really good to have you.

Elfrun
06-13-2008, 02:30 AM
Yay, an active poster, 6 down already... 9 more and you get to enter the super secret members area :shhh:

Welcome.

curiousjane
06-13-2008, 08:03 AM
Do not look upon us with your brilliance. We shudder at your name.

rwyatt365
06-13-2008, 08:17 AM
19.5kb is too small of a file size. I'm a vain SOB and I want to upload a colour photo.
Then you'll have ball ball in the picture thread (http://intjforum.com/showthread.php?t=5687). You can post up all kinds of shots of yourself and we can ogle them to our hearts content.

Welcome *anxiously awaiting Dil's first color pic*

Fashionista
06-13-2008, 08:31 AM
Welcome Dil.

Monte314
06-15-2008, 08:44 PM
Extra teeth, huh? Are you still dangerous?

I'm a human theist. There are all kinds here... and all are welcome.

MysString
06-15-2008, 11:33 PM
Transhumanism, huh? A more logical belief system than theism, IMO. Either way, welcome. :)

hyper84
06-16-2008, 12:05 AM
Nacho: I'm a little concerned right now. About... your salvation and stuff. How come you have not been baptized?
Esqueleto: Because I never got around to it ok? I dunno why you always have to be judging me because I only believe in the science.

One of my favorite lines ever, though I am Christian. A sincere welcome to you, my friend.

ScurvyRose
06-16-2008, 03:11 PM
Welcome aboard! I had my wisdom teeth taken out at 33, brought them to work the next day and plopped the knarled bloddy teeth on my bosses desk! It was a perfect opportunity for show and tell!

rwyatt365
06-17-2008, 09:54 AM
Welcome aboard! I had my wisdom teeth taken out at 33, brought them to work the next day and plopped the knarled bloddy teeth on my bosses desk! It was a perfect opportunity for show and tell!
...but did you get the promotion?

ScurvyRose
06-18-2008, 01:18 PM
Always! They never know what I will do next.

f3nr1l
06-18-2008, 04:07 PM
Greetings, subhuman (oooh, burn).

Your picture seems familiar to me. I'm not sure why, completely. It may sound odd, but have you posted anything on youtube?

Dil
06-23-2009, 10:57 PM
Well, I joined this forum ages ago, but then I got extremely busy. My old forum was pretty exclusive and elusive, but too many members disappeared after a while.

I am seeking some peers and I saw this guy with an avatar of Dr. Strangelove and his name was Moriarty. I thought that was goddamn hilarious. Also, people have sensible views about transhumanism and abortion which is a good sign. I'm pretty sick and tired of the following topics though: gay rights, abortion, atheism, or politics of any sort. I'm an anarcho-capitalist and I don't really give a shit if anyone else is. I'm also unwilling to argue with people over it because to a large extent I think politics is idiotic and obsolete (once the singularity happens)

Why should I give a shit if blockhead A gets elected over blockhead B when people are wiring artificial ears to people's brains via direct?

I'm more worried about justifying human existence to the machine beings, but half the time I don't think there is any justification to be made. Speaking of misanthropy...

Rudy
06-23-2009, 11:22 PM
Welcome back, Dil!

You a fan of Dresden Codak (http://dresdencodak.com/2007/02/08/pom/)? I assume so but, if not, I assure you that you'd love it.

You're more than welcome to avoid threads on gay rights, abortion, atheism, or politics of any sort. I think dealing with our machine overlords is still a little ways off, which is why I remain concerned about the relative benefits of one blockhead over the other.

If you're sticking around, you can check out the rules here (http://intjforum.com/faq.php?faq=conduct#faq_rules), and a great thread about using all the neat forum features is here (http://intjforum.com/showthread.php?t=11698).

Please, enjoy!

Jonathan Brewer
06-23-2009, 11:35 PM
I'd welcome you, but you were here first. Are you a minimalist? I ask because you don't seem to be fond of posting much. :p

Dil
06-24-2009, 12:26 AM
I'd welcome you, but you were here first. Are you a minimalist? I ask because you don't seem to be fond of posting much. :p

I am a minimalist in that I only tend to visit one forum at a time. My home-base just lost half of its interesting members. Been starved of peers and too busy to find something since.

I've seen a few dresden codak comics. I'll consider reading it more often. I'm a fan of XKCD.

I'm extremely busy with work over the summer. I'm usually more active during the school year because I can actually slack off alot and get away with it. At work you can slack off, but it's sort of hard (with my job), to slack off in such a way that you slip away into another building with available internet which isn't your work office....

Anyways, a bit about me IRL. I'm currently doing an undergraduate honours degree in geological science and I'm minoring in philosophy. I also recently found out you can obtain a celestron microscope with Royal Bank of Canada credit card points. I will be getting my microscope in 3 weeks. :cool: I can really picture being the coolest kid on the block.

vanidence
06-24-2009, 09:01 AM
Welcome to the forum, Dil :ninja:

Monte314
06-24-2009, 10:04 AM
We've sort of figured you out, but there is still some ambiguity. Please definitize yourself by selecting one of the following:

1.) smart ass
2.) wise ass
3.) jackass
4.) horses ass
5.) dumb ass
6.) half-assed
7.) all-around nice guy

Nightwish bob
06-24-2009, 10:08 AM
but I don't exactly want to be mistaken for a pasty treky fan

Pasty treky fan?!?! :huh::shocked::(

coffeeholic
06-24-2009, 10:35 AM
sorry about that....they had to crack mine out

JonD
06-24-2009, 10:38 AM
Welcome Dil. I only had 2 wisdom teeth come in. Quit hogging them.

And,

We've sort of figured you out, but there is still some ambiguity. Please definitize yourself by selecting one of the following:

1.) smart ass
2.) wise ass
3.) jackass
4.) horses ass
5.) dumb ass
6.) half-assed
7.) all-around nice guy

Sounds like a great thread idea!

Sipak
06-24-2009, 10:38 AM
Welcome, Dil.

Jefferson
06-24-2009, 12:34 PM
I'm a transhumanist atheist.

Another "FreedomGeek" :cry:

Just kidding. Welcome.

Tough Love
06-24-2009, 12:50 PM
Hello and welcome to the mental health hotline.
If you are delusional, press 7 and your call will be transferred to the mother ship.
:)

Mjolnir
06-24-2009, 04:49 PM
Hey Dil!

I had 4 taken out at once and that was enough! About two weeks ago I found out a friend of mine had 6 taken out at once too. Before then I thought 4 was the max.

Dil
06-24-2009, 10:47 PM

1.) smart ass
2.) wise ass
3.) jackass
4.) horses ass
5.) dumb ass
6.) half-assed
7.) all-around nice guy

Can I pick all of the above?

I can even switch my gender around to follow this amusing list. See how versatile I am?

Zombicide
06-24-2009, 11:45 PM
Wow, Dildem ... (oh, I'll leave the rest of that off in case you don't want it here) is on INTJ forum now, that was quite a surprise. I certainly didn't think I'd open an introduction thread and see you there. For a second I thought there might be something wrong with my internets.

Dil
06-24-2009, 11:49 PM
Wow, Dildem ... (oh, I'll leave the rest of that off in case you don't want it here) is on INTJ forum now, that was quite a surprise. I certainly didn't think I'd open an introduction thread and see you there. For a second I thought there might be something wrong with my internets.

I'm avoiding that particular part of the internets right now.

Since I cut my internet time, I got my work promotion and got into the honours program.

I think many good things could happen IRL if internet addicts like me cut down on their internet time.

Zombicide
06-25-2009, 12:03 AM
I find it can be difficult to resist the net for any more than a few weeks.

It's a good idea avoiding that annoying part of the internet.

Monte314
06-25-2009, 08:25 AM
Can I pick all of the above?

I can even switch my gender around to follow this amusing list. See how versatile I am?

I'd have to say you have found a home. Welcome to the madhouse.

Thirdie
06-25-2009, 12:09 PM
Hello mortals

You just reminded me of Shao Kahn...
http://www.mobygames.com/images/i/25/30/78180.png

Anyway, sillyness aside, welcome to INTJf ^^ I hope you'll enjoy your stay XD

Caedus
06-25-2009, 01:51 PM
Welcome, Dil.

doublejava
06-25-2009, 07:03 PM
I killed a man once and made a necklace out of his teeth. Want in on my next plot? I need a getaway driver.