PDA

View Full Version : I need less stimulation.

uuaq
06-12-2008, 02:50 PM
No. Actually, I need more focus. Stimulation and variety are AOK if they're consistently interesting. So I figured I'd try to limit my options, and seek stimulation from the variety only within "those who test positive for INTJ," and the few others who can't resist hanging out in a room full of outsiders.

I was somewhere else for a long time (still am, actually), but didn't have a whole lot to say while I was there, mostly because, well--threads on forums are rather like extraverted conversations: replete with tangental, often juvenile, interruptions. I don't expect that to change here (this being a forum itself), but to participate, I suppose I have to engage the situation, right?

Intermittently, I'll be milling around here for a while, pretending to have low standards and no expectations, hoping I get the chance to witness the bar raise. To its credit, this forum seems to have a more cerebral bend, whose cut-ups even manage to "stay on target, stay on target." I could be wrong. This is after all, only an introduction.

Synamon
06-12-2008, 03:04 PM
There is a 'do you ever feel like you killed a thread' thread that's been around a week, has over 150 posts and is still on topic, sort of. :laugh:

That's one of the most impressive things I've discovered in this forum, the topics actually stay on topic.

Welcome and enjoy milling.

uuaq
06-12-2008, 04:35 PM
Well awesome. That's just the sort of insight I'd hoped I'd get. Thanks!

Motor Jax
06-12-2008, 04:45 PM
welcome... so, how is Vader doing these days?

uuaq
06-12-2008, 05:22 PM
Ugh. He's down in the hangar bay--as usual--overseeing the blaster modifications on his personalized TIE. I swear, the only time he's around is because he's got a little business to attend to. Otherwise, there he goes! Always off on some personal crusade, that one, riding the cusp of his emotions! Sure, he may be half-metal, but under that helmut you just know he's on the verge of tears. Sexpot widowers grow up to be grumpy old men, grumpy old men are easy to cross, and a lonely cross widower trapped in a tin can is not prone to be remarkably... forgiving.

So, he's just as well as he ever is.

Elfrun
06-12-2008, 08:24 PM
*raises right hand* I solemnly vow to meet your low expectations.

Welcome.

fonmaneal
06-12-2008, 08:47 PM
*raises right hand* I solemnly vow to meet your low expectations.

Welcome.

Everyone knows demons(demonesses?) are known for there honesty!
You can trust the undead!
Now just let me complete your interface and......!
HELLO COLLECTIVE!

rwyatt365
06-13-2008, 08:10 AM
So, yesterday I was out cutting the grass when I scared a bunny rabbit from its hiding place. Needless to say I was surprised and almost ran over the damned thing.

...there, this is the exception to the rule!

Welcome to the forum.

uuaq
06-13-2008, 11:23 AM
So, yesterday I was out cutting the grass when I scared a bunny rabbit from its hiding place. Needless to say I was surprised and almost ran over the damned thing.

...there, this is the exception to the rule!

Welcome to the forum.
Wait. You almost trimmed a wild hare? Seems like that would've been a low unexpectation!