PDA

View Full Version : INTJ 2.0?

RWZero
06-11-2008, 05:52 PM
I am (apparently) an INTJ. Apparently, by the way, means "readily visible," not "ostensibly," as people often intend it, therefore it conveys no meaning of doubt or uncertainty.

Oh, and there's an error (I believe) of some irony in the FAQ section about INTJ grammar correction.

--> And there’s no such word as “irregardless”.

Periods belong inside the quote.

----------------------

On a more serious note, I thought this was all hilarious and extremely descriptive. I do, however, think it would benefit slightly from allowing for INTJ's that are more socially developed and tactful than the ones described here. This described me perfectly at 16 years old, but less so now. I've learned to be socially adaptable, and I think I'm much the better for it. We shouldn't encourage weaknesses of ours than can be fixed.

fonmaneal
06-11-2008, 06:11 PM
Hello, I'm pleased you have joined us(the collective).:)
So come on in and have some fun.

Synamon
06-11-2008, 06:14 PM
Wow, you don't seem INTJ to me at all. :thinking:

So you are 16 and a half now? Welcome, here is your grammar correcting red pen, have at it.

Monte314
06-11-2008, 10:39 PM
Come on in and straighten us out.

rwyatt365
06-12-2008, 08:57 AM
So, you think you're socially adaptable. Quick, put him between the SF and the NF, let's see how adaptable he REALLY is.

Bwahahahaha! (is that grammatically correct?)

Elfrun
06-12-2008, 12:12 PM
Welcome.

*sits and waits for the 'F' recruits to appear irregardless of the other jobs that need to be done*

Lemmiwinks
06-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Placing punctuations inside of quotation marks is correct American usage. The British way is to place the punctuation within the quotation marks only if it truly belongs there.

For example, this is correct for both Americans and British:

Have you ever read "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?"

On the other hand - American:

Have you read "The Taming of the Shrew?"

British:

Have you read "The Taming of the Shrew"?

Though an American, I prefer the British method and use it. It's more logical.

Incidentally, your post is rife with grammatical errors - a fine example of situational irony. Thank you.

RWZero
06-16-2008, 03:42 AM
Well, that's the one I was waiting for. I'm sure if I'd simply asked whether the period always belongs inside the quote, I wouldn't have received such a thorough response.

I'm surprised (being Canadian) that all this time I believed the American system was exclusively correct.

--> "Rife with grammatical errors"

I see a few errors, but I prefer that you point some of them out if you're going to use the word "rife." Did you just mark a break in thought with an En Dash instead of an Em Dash? If so, I could use some clarification on those rules of usage as well. Thank you.

---------------------------------

In reference to my "social adaptability" comments, I think one thing that has changed dramatically since I was 16 (I'm 23) is that I don't value "being right" nearly as much as improving my perspective. This has allowed me to learn from people who I would otherwise assume have nothing to teach me. It's also made learning things easier in areas where I may have developed misconceptions.

I've also learned to fake laughing at things that aren't really that funny.

-----------------

emanon
06-16-2008, 01:12 PM
Interesting quotation mark discussion. I thought Lemmiwinks American vs. British example was true for everything except for periods. Like Zero I thought periods always went inside the quotation marks.

In any case, welcome, RWZero. You should fit right in. It seems to me that for every grammatical correction one points out there are two more grammatical errors in the new post. The whole getting the plank/boulder out of your own eye before getting the speck out of your brother's eye concept.

kubrickfan
06-16-2008, 01:38 PM
So, you think you're socially adaptable. Quick, put him between the SF and the NF, let's see how adaptable he REALLY is.

Bwahahahaha! (is that grammatically correct?)

I had a laugh and a half on that one.
perhaps he's a more extroverted INTj?