PDA

View Full Version : Yo!

MysString
06-10-2008, 07:26 AM
Hello all! I'm new here, obviously. I am indeed an INTJ, though I have had doubts recently. Every time that I've taken the test, I've gotten INTJ as my resulting type. However, last time I took the test my J/P value said "0", though it still spat out INTJ for my type. Confusing? Yes.
I went through a moderate amount of research and contemplation after this result, to see if I might possibly be an INTP. I realized that I do have certain INTP characteristics, but they only show themselves when I interact with other people, in general. (For instance, only in the physical world does this happen, not so much online). I even joined the INTP forum before deciding that it sucked balls there and I would rather be an INTJ forever!
So here I am. :cheesy:

Elfrun
06-10-2008, 07:40 AM
;D INTP sucked hey?! Welcome, glad you jumped ship... Wait on... What if MysString thinks we suck to? What if there are no more posts? I'd be deeply hurt... You'd better get busy posting you do not want to see me upset :suspicious:

MysString
06-10-2008, 08:10 AM
No need to worry. I've already previewed this forum and I can tell that it's a swell place. In fact, I'd been visiting the INTJ forum long before I ever joined the INTP forum. Not sure why it took me longer to join this one. :undecided:

rwyatt365
06-10-2008, 03:27 PM
We don't suck. We're the reverse of suck.

We blow!! :thumbsup:

Wait, that's not good - is it? :huh:

Motor Jax
06-10-2008, 03:29 PM
welcome MysString

Monte314
06-10-2008, 09:55 PM
Suck? Blow? They're all metaphors for "We ROCK".

MysString
06-11-2008, 07:00 AM
Suck? Blow? They're all metaphors for "We ROCK".

That is essentially the point I was trying to make. :wiseguy:

ChrisM
06-11-2008, 07:17 AM
I even joined the INTP forum before deciding that it sucked balls there and I would rather be an INTJ forever!
So here I am. :cheesy:

It does suck. That doesn't mean you are an INTJ. You could very well be a P that prefers being a J (because you're not lazy, or something else).

If you read this article: http://www.intp.org/intprofile.html
...and don't feel like your life has been described to you... you're probably J.

MysString
06-11-2008, 12:01 PM
It does suck. That doesn't mean you are an INTJ. You could very well be a P that prefers being a J (because you're not lazy, or something else).

If you read this article: http://www.intp.org/intprofile.html
...and don't feel like your life has been described to you... you're probably J.

So I took a test on the 8 cognitive processes and I also read that article, and uh, yeah, I might be an INTP. Loosely.

I'm pretty sure that I was an INTJ when I took an authentic MBTI when I was 16, which was 5 years ago. Anyone think it's possible to change types in that time?

theunstrungharp
06-11-2008, 12:42 PM
Hey String. I don't think taking tests can tell you your type, but go ahead and take a bunch of them anyway and maybe interesting info will surface. <--- If you think like that, you might be some sort of P...

Peace and welcome.

rewhu
06-11-2008, 04:17 PM
The word "yo" is not used nearly enough in every day life. I vow, unsarcastically, to agressively apply it to my daily vocab.

I extend a grand welcome to you!

*extends grand welcome*

MysString
06-12-2008, 12:56 AM
Hey String. I don't think taking tests can tell you your type, but go ahead and take a bunch of them anyway and maybe interesting info will surface. <--- If you think like that, you might be some sort of P...

Peace and welcome.
Yeah, I was starting to think that a lot of these tests were bunk, and a whole lot of the info floating around out there too. Screw it! From this day forward and until I am satisfied, I reject the values of J/P. They no longer exist. I am INTX.

The word "yo" is not used nearly enough in every day life. I vow, unsarcastically, to agressively apply it to my daily vocab.

I extend a grand welcome to you!

*extends grand welcome*
Heehee, I say it all the time IRL and people always seem surprised.

Elfrun
06-12-2008, 01:35 AM
Thatís it MysString :thumbsup: embrace your ambiguity.

Stella Mira
06-12-2008, 05:15 PM
Ahoy! Do you think that greeting will catch on, too?

rewhu
06-13-2008, 12:08 PM
Argh, matey! I'll certainly try my best.

MysString
06-14-2008, 01:24 AM
Ahoy, me hearties! :pirate:

Thatís it MysString :thumbsup: embrace your ambiguity.
Hey, thanks! I feel pretty good about it.