PDA

View Full Version : Another INTJ says hello!

Lupin
06-05-2008, 05:00 AM
A quick hello from me. Have been on this forum for a few days but managed to mis-post my introduction (doh). Am in France finishing studies with view to work in international healthcare development. Happy to make your acquaintance.........:)

abski83
06-05-2008, 05:39 AM
Hi Lupin!

Welcome! International health care development sounds interesting. I'm studying nursing right now and I want to explore different fields.

Hope to read more of your posts. :)

Lupin
06-05-2008, 06:02 AM
Hi abski83!

Thanks for your kind welcome. Healthcare's a fascinating and complex subject which I hope to understand and master to some degree. It's always in evolution (like everything) so hope to ride this one out as a life-long career. Will be great to communicate with you; where are you studying and where do you hope to practise?

abski83
06-05-2008, 06:27 AM
I'm studying in the Philippines, at UERMMMC.

I will enrol later tonight for the first semester of my junior year.

Uh huh! Health care is fascinating! I want to carve a niche in the health care industry. I hope to use my background in biology and nursing in any career I may choose after I graduate from school.

One of my professors want me to go into health economics, while a nursing official told me that it's nice to get into law after nursing.

I'm keeping my options open and I'm going to stay up-to-date with the trends in health care. ;)

rwyatt365
06-05-2008, 07:44 AM
Welcome to the forum. "Healthcare development", is that like assisting countries with the establishment or expansion of their health care systems?

Elfrun
06-05-2008, 08:21 AM
*presents hand for a firm shake*

We'll accept your mistake this time JUST DON"T DO IT AGAIN mmm-kay? ;D

Lupin
06-05-2008, 08:36 AM
Thanks Trinity, you're all heart.

*new kid on the bloc sniggers with delight at retort on first encounter with Trinity*

Lupin added to this post, 5 minutes and 35 seconds later...

Hi rwyatt365. Yes, that's exactly right. However, there's such a range of activities to get involved in so I'm focusing on sustainable strategies for healthcare first. Thesis focuses on differences, similarities and therefore opportunities between practices in UK, USA and France. So far, I have more than I can deal with which is a good sign. Eventually planning to move towards law, not unlike abski83, letting the professionals get on with the day job with an eye on policy. Should have gone this way years ago but c'est mieux tard que jamais, as they say.....

Thanks very much for your kind welcome, it's appreciated.

replicant
06-05-2008, 07:54 PM
Ah the famed thief makes his appearance. *wink*

Welcome! Delighted I am sure to make your acquaintance.

.... 44 seconds later - unconscious, "Brilliant... never thought of putting the implant there..." .....30 minutes later, a bag of ice and over a glass of good sherry... "So, don't go bumping your head.... you were trying too do much at once... so tell me about healthcare strategies.... I am fascinated.... *glimmer in eyes and cheshire cat grin*.... :cool:

Elfrun
06-05-2008, 08:47 PM
Thanks Trinity, you're all heart.

*new kid on the bloc sniggers with delight at retort on first encounter with Trinity*

Hmmm, a cocky one eh :suspicious:

Does anyone else think I'm being baited? *sigh* works every time, damn my transparency :sulk:

replicant, what a beautiful smile.

Lupin
06-06-2008, 08:42 AM
Hey there, you're all so full of vitality it's wonderful. Trinity, it's a pleasure to be in communication with you. Have looked through some of your posts and quite frankly I think you're a lot of fun but not sure I deserved the offer of being your wine waiter/serf in 'corrupt a wish'. Wouldn't dare chance my arm too far though so rest assured. I think you'd be a tricky combatant in the real world *expects 10 lashings in response from Trinity*.

True, to say the least, I'm a bit enthusiastic as INTJs go so rather than bore you solid with stuff about healthcare, Replicant, perhaps some softer subjects of a more artistic or esoteric nature would be more appealing.....? *smiles whimsically*.

Elfrun
06-06-2008, 09:12 AM
People read my posts :suspicious: now get me a Shiraz surf ;)

Lupin
06-06-2008, 09:29 AM
Sorry master, the cellar's empty and I'll have to speak to the vignoble to supply more of your favourite Shiraz.

*shuffles off, left foot slightly dragging, muttering something about visiting the local unemployment office for a new opportunity*

rwyatt365
06-06-2008, 10:05 AM
Lupin, you're like "one of the guys" now. I'd like some Shiraz as well, thanks.

Lupin
06-06-2008, 10:14 AM
*immediately perks up and forgets slight disability as potential new master arrives*

Thanks rwyatt. It's an honour to be "one of the guys" and I'll get you that Shiraz in double quick time.

*shuffles off at slightly enhanced speed to retrieve new recently delivered case*

Here you are, your Shiraz as requested. Delighted to be of service.

*thinks new arrival could create new career opportunities for the physically challenged and looks on smiling*

Motor Jax
06-06-2008, 10:24 AM
ah bonjour... commen ca va?

j'va parle francais cadien, btw...

Lupin
06-06-2008, 11:51 AM
Bonjour Monsieur Motor Jax,

Nous n'etions pas au courant que vous serez chez nous ce soir. Prendrez un verre avec nous? On a une bouteille de Shiraz deja ouverte s'il vous voulez? Des cachahuetes?

*offers M. Motor Jax a glass of Shiraz accompanied by peanuts and ponders if is this turning into the INTJ version of the NF club au Francais?*

Lupin added to this post, 80 minutes and 29 seconds later...

*realises certain grammatical faults in initial invitation to join in the aperitif and switches quickly back to language of preference*

Would you make polite banter with our other guests this evening, rwyatt and trinity, as they're still chatting over the Shiraz in the drawing room? *blinks anxiously* It's just that it's my night off and I've promised to meet some fellows at the jazz club in a bit and parking's a nightmare if I don't get there early.......

*swiftly turns on heel and is soon out of sight*

Elfrun
06-06-2008, 11:53 AM
rwyatt did you just steal my n00b, that's no fair, this one was fun *leaves thread to go sulk*

Synamon
06-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Hey there, you're all so full of vitality it's wonderful. Trinity, it's a pleasure to be in communication with you. Have looked through some of your posts and quite frankly I think you're a lot of fun but not sure I deserved the offer of being your wine waiter/serf in 'corrupt a wish'. Wouldn't dare chance my arm too far though so rest assured. I think you'd be a tricky combatant in the real world *expects 10 lashings in response from Trinity*.

She's fickle and just gave me to you in corrupt a wish, from now on you are my robot slave. Welcome and get started on those dishes.

Vite, vite, je parle le francais un peu. Bienvenue.

Elfrun
06-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Nah, you'll see I just gave you rwyatts surf *snigger* you don't honestly think I'd give that away if I had one do you?

Lupin, it is true that you do belong to Synamon now though, even if I didn't have any authority in the matter :undecided:

replicant
06-06-2008, 03:46 PM
I cannot speak French but Spanish, yes. I'm much better with it. Would love to learn French. Would love to watch Umbrellas of Cherbourg without subs. :)

rwyatt365
06-06-2008, 04:13 PM
How 'bout if was all share Lupin? Sorry, these INTJs (and other assorted types) get pretty posessive. Sure, head off to the jazz club (who's playing BTW?), Synamon and I will take care of the crowd - it gives me a chance to oogle her 'cause she's so HOT (http://intjforum.com/showpost.php?p=117214&postcount=617)!! (You will NEVER live this down, you know)

Elfrun
06-06-2008, 04:25 PM
How 'bout if was all share Lupin? Sorry, these INTJs (and other assorted types) get pretty posessive. Sure, head off to the jazz club (who's playing BTW?), Synamon and I will take care of the crowd - it gives me a chance to oogle her 'cause she's so HOT (http://intjforum.com/showpost.php?p=117214&postcount=617)!! (You will NEVER live this down, you know)

I feel this is the most democratic approach, should we draw up a roster?

Monte314
06-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Wow, I can see that you won't have any problems getting connected!

Welcome.

Lupin
06-06-2008, 08:56 PM
Thanks for your vote of confidence, Monte, but there's no justice in this world.

I come home in early hours, having spent a splendid time hanging out with some wildly talented jazz muscians at le Clef a Voute on my night off, not only to find a pile of dishes to do before sun-up but a pathetic note from my old boss saying that I'm now under 'new management'.

I mean....what sort of circus is this?

*sighs heavily, puts the kettle on, rolls up sleeves and gets stuck into the washing-up.....*

Synamon
06-06-2008, 09:22 PM
Good robot. Who gets him next on the roster?

*daydreaming* of spring in Paris

Lupin
06-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Well, I think I might just volunteer to work for Replicant a bit. She seems nice, easy going with an interest in languages.

*starts dreaming of lighter duties*.

I'd be happy to swap a bit of French for a few useful phrases in Spanish.

*calculates on learning some new skills to increase potential to travel with job*.

Elfrun
06-07-2008, 01:55 AM
It's cute that Lupin thinks any of this is voluntary ;D Now HEEL, here, take this oversized vine leaf and fan me.

Lupin
06-07-2008, 04:42 AM
Cute, now that's a description I never would have given myself and d'you know what, I kinda like it.

*thinks that, in spite of appearances, perhaps Trinity isn't such an oger after all, then quickly dispels idea as a momentary lapse in rational thinking.....*

Am looking for an extended period of leave, somewhat like a sabbatical, as, although this thread is amusing, we all need to move on.......and I've become addicted to the site and can count by hand the number of words in my thesis.......errrr, like the title!

*decides this is a firm, yet polite stake in the ground to indicate retirement from this particular thread*

rwyatt365
06-07-2008, 06:38 AM
It's so hard to find good help these days

*wanders off to another thread...*

Synamon
06-07-2008, 11:41 AM
Resistance is futile. Lupin you will stay in this thread and you will be our slave.

(we can't let Lupin out, there will be a revolution, think of the consequences, wait.... actually a revolution might be fun, good practice for taking over the world)

Lupin
06-07-2008, 02:03 PM
"On receipt of an express courier letter containing details of a super remuneration package with healthcare benefits and company bike, Lupin returns to a warm welcome".

replicant
06-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Well, I think I might just volunteer to work for Replicant a bit. She seems nice, easy going with an interest in languages.

*starts dreaming of lighter duties*.

I'd be happy to swap a bit of French for a few useful phrases in Spanish.

*calculates on learning some new skills to increase potential to travel with job*.

:)

Lupin
06-07-2008, 07:50 PM
Bonsoir Replicant,

Est-ce qu'on peut tutoyer ou vouvoyer? (Shall we speak in a familiar or more formal way to one another?)

A toi.... (it's your turn)

replicant
06-07-2008, 08:29 PM
Cute, now that's a description I never would have given myself and d'you know what, I kinda like it.

*thinks that, in spite of appearances, perhaps Trinity isn't such an oger after all, then quickly dispels idea as a momentary lapse in rational thinking.....*

Am looking for an extended period of leave, somewhat like a sabbatical, as, although this thread is amusing, we all need to move on.......and I've become addicted to the site and can count by hand the number of words in my thesis.......errrr, like the title!

*decides this is a firm, yet polite stake in the ground to indicate retirement from this particular thread*

C'est La Vie. :)

replicant added to this post, 9 minutes and 23 seconds later...

Bonsoir Replicant,

Est-ce qu'on peut tutoyer ou vouvoyer? (Shall we speak in a familiar or more formal way to one another?)

A toi.... (it's your turn)

Hola Lupin, (Hello, Lupin)

Cómo está usted? Estoy bien. Hable en el tono familiar con mi, sí. (How are you? Speak in a familiar tone with me, yes. )

Hablaremos otra vez pronto. :) (We will speak again soon.)

Monte314
06-07-2008, 10:38 PM
Sorry to hear about the downer homecoming.

Fortunately, there is always MATH waiting to give us sweet joy....

Lupin
06-08-2008, 01:18 AM
Tres bien. Ca marche. (good, that works).

Alors, quoi de neuf? Qu-est-ce tu fais en ce moment? Je recommence ma these ce matin et je suis en retard. J'ai inquiete que je vais rater la date limite qui est le 30 aout.

(Well then, what's new? What are you doing right now? I am restarting my thesis this morning and I'm late. I am concerned that I'll miss the deadline which is 30 August).

replicant
06-08-2008, 07:51 PM
No. Nada nuevo. Ahora, Estoy mirando alrededor del Internet. Estoy aburrido. Una dia, Escribiré mi thesis. No estoy tenido ganas de escribirlo. (No. Nothing new. Now, I am looking around the Internet. I am bored. One day, I will write my thesis. I do not look forward to writing it.)