PDA

View Full Version : Finally I know

augustus
06-01-2008, 08:10 AM
I just took this personality test because the test was all over Hacker News - (one of my favorite destination to read technology news). I found out I was an INTJ and it made complete sense.

Boy, have I annoyed and angered a lot of people over the years without any intention to do so.

Well its good to know your personality type. Turns out my wife is also an INTJ and it makes me understand her a lot better.

Anyway, Howdy folks!

Bioplasmoid
06-01-2008, 08:32 AM
Howdy :) could you post a link to your particular 'hacker' news site please.

Motor Jax
06-01-2008, 10:23 AM
it helps to know yourself better

believe me, i grew up with people telling me that i was the weirdest, strangest, nicest guy anyone has ever met

and i had a hard time understanding myself, especially the emotional turmoil i was constantly in

but once i took the test (INFJ) and found out why, i got to understanding myself and my interactions with people so much better

i am so glad you have found this site, and welcome

that HackerNews sounds very, very interesting, btw... (i work on network systems)

augustus
06-01-2008, 05:49 PM
http://news.ycombinator.com. Its still there. Item #28 when I last looked.

Monte314
06-01-2008, 10:55 PM
Great avatar, "Great One".

mental drift
06-01-2008, 11:40 PM
I just took this personality test because the test was all over Hacker News - (one of my favorite destination to read technology news). I found out I was an INTJ and it made complete sense.

Boy, have I annoyed and angered a lot of people over the years without any intention to do so.
Well its good to know your personality type. Turns out my wife is also an INTJ and it makes me understand her a lot better.

Anyway, Howdy folks!

Like when you notice common sense is not ruling so you speak your mind regardless of who is in charge, and then everyone would rather you shut up because it is easier to go with the flow than challenge the system?
*pant, pant* A little venting there. Anyways, welcome to the form

Elfrun
06-02-2008, 03:55 AM
Howdy to you.

Now the tables have turned and we get to annoy and anger you, what joy ;D

rwyatt365
06-02-2008, 11:53 AM
INTJs annoy and anger other people?!! :stunned:

How could that be? We're such warm and lovable, kind and gentle souls. I'm appalled!

(ain't sarcasm a wonderful thing!)

schwartzie
06-02-2008, 01:18 PM
I just took this personality test because the test was all over Hacker News - (one of my favorite destination to read technology news). I found out I was an INTJ and it made complete sense. Well its good to know your personality type. Turns out my wife is also an INTJ and it makes me understand her a lot better.

There was an interesting cover story in ComputerWorld (computerworld.com) for May 5 (vol 42, no 19) "IT's Open Secret: Asperger's Syndrome." the tease is "Asperger's Syndrome has been a part of IT for as long as IT has existed. So why aren't we talking about it?

The author notes the correlation of aspies and other autistics w/ IT, and basically argues that without the autistics, (aka INTJs) there would BE no IT.

(I also previously had an INTJ/INTJ marriage; keeps you on your toes, it does?)

rwyatt365
06-02-2008, 01:26 PM
There was an interesting cover story in ComputerWorld (computerworld.com) for May 5 (vol 42, no 19) "IT's Open Secret: Asperger's Syndrome." the tease is "Asperger's Syndrome has been a part of IT for as long as IT has existed. So why aren't we talking about it?

The author notes the correlation of aspies and other autistics w/ IT, and basically argues that without the autistics, (aka INTJs) there would BE no IT.

(I also previously had an INTJ/INTJ marriage; keeps you on your toes, it does?)
I thought there was a thread about Asperger's on the forum. I don't remember if there was any talk of the link to IT.

Frankly, I think that Asperger's is a way to market more drugs by calling this a "disease".

augustus
06-02-2008, 02:58 PM
Thanks everyone for welcoming me.

Fej
06-02-2008, 03:41 PM
Welcome augustus!

curiousjane
06-02-2008, 04:08 PM
*basks in glow of fresh enlightenment*
*slips away to plot the next booby trap in the food fight*