PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone - it's wonderful to be here!

MsUnderstood
05-31-2008, 12:16 PM
Greetings everyone - I'm home!

I found this site via www.intjcentral.com - which I found by accident when trawling the internet looking for some explanation and purpose to my life.
I'm feeling quite lost at the moment, I feel very misunderstood and thought I would try and find out more about us INTJ's to help me understand myself - I didn't realise that, relatively speaking, there were so few of us. That would explain why most people seem not to know how to relate to me - unless I really am just a reclusive, sarcastic, opinionated weirdo.

What a breath of fresh air it is to have discovered these sites today - I am not alone - hurrah!

I think I am a kind and caring person (if a little, ok very, impatient at times), but I was recently told that I am unapproachable and confrontational, which is certainly not intentional on my part. I'm interested to know if any of you have experienced problems with relationships with colleagues/friends etc and being misunderstood. It seems as though the person I think I am is not what is coming accross to others - either they don't or can't understand me and it's making me question myself and the type of person I am.

Is it me, or is 98% the world full of shallow, overly-passive wimps that cannot assert themselves and are happy to 'make do' in life, or am I just an agressive, frustrated, over-the-top perfectionist?

Motor Jax
05-31-2008, 12:22 PM
statistically, more like 76.312%

but we make the top 23.798%, which is actually the better half anyways

well, welcome

sriv
05-31-2008, 12:52 PM
Is it me, or is 98% the world full of shallow, overly-passive wimps that cannot assert themselves and are happy to 'make do' in life, or am I just an agressive, frustrated, over-the-top perfectionist?

Enneagram 1? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ones_%28Enneagram_of_Personality%29) Have a good time. :)

replicant
05-31-2008, 03:59 PM
Welcome to the board! I have not been called confrontational because I am not much on confrontation especially when I am out of control of it. Though I can relate to being called unapproachable. Two of my co-workers who have been ganging up on me for months at my job and say I am gloomy and unapproachable. I am actually just introverted. They also called me overemotional. I guess they don't recognize frustration from being a crybaby. I certainly am not overemotional. I thought this was funny considering one is a drama queen and completely shallow and the other one is bitter and single and does mind talking bad about the people she calls her friends behind their backs.

MsUnderstood
05-31-2008, 05:22 PM
Wow - thanks for your replies.

Ooooh, I love statistics. I seem to be in a minority though, as everyone on the forum so far seems to be pretty smart by my standards. Is it possible that I can still be a real INTJ without college smarts?

I had wondered what an Enneagram was, I had only heard the term today for the first time. I shall investigate that with interest - much appreciated sriv.

Thank you too, replicant. I have first hand experience of staff ganging up on me, in most of my jobs actually. I am quite open to the fact that I may need to reflect on the way I am, but can someone give a girl a break and actually tell her the problem? I long for the day when someone can approach me with some honest, well constructed feedback, rather than a frustrated uncontrolled rant. If only someone would reach down deep, grab hold of their preverbials and actually approach me, they would see that I cam be a perfectly reasonable and dare I say it, nice person.

sriv - I think you may have been spot-on with your diagnosis.

sriv
05-31-2008, 05:33 PM
sriv - I think you may have been spot-on with your diagnosis.

The paragraph I quoted earlier was THE description of enneagram 1. Lol, I couldn't have missed it. :cheesy:

MsUnderstood
05-31-2008, 05:53 PM
What can I say? I'm an open book - but people dont often bother to read the fine print :smart:

tehinternetsgam
05-31-2008, 06:51 PM
Ahahahaha. OMG. I was just reading intjcentral.com and was laughing out loud (in my head). ;D

MsUnderstood
05-31-2008, 07:04 PM
Ahahahaha. OMG. I was just reading intjcentral.com and was laughing out loud (in my head). ;D

It is great isn't it! I had been feeling really down and confused and when I read it I literally did scream for joy and laugh out loud.

And that all lead me here... hallelujah!

Monte314
05-31-2008, 08:25 PM
Love your avatar. It looks like you sound.

MsUnderstood
06-01-2008, 04:47 AM
Love your avatar. It looks like you sound.

Does it really? Fabulous! Thanks ;D

Elfrun
06-02-2008, 03:23 AM
Nothing wrong with being a reclusive, sarcastic, opinionated weirdo, kinda just makes you one of the gang around here ;D

Welcome superwoman.

major757league
06-02-2008, 05:06 AM
Welcome home. I'm new too and all of the above you described. I feel like I already know you.

rwyatt365
06-02-2008, 10:56 AM
Nope...it's not you!

Welcome.