PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys,

VendettaNZ
05-28-2008, 02:31 AM
Hi,

Hi im from New Zealand, I am (nearly)a 19 year old male and just finished school last year. I am a ''nerd'' but was secerative about it at school, I love reading (my freinds couldnt beleive that in my last year of school I read every book about every country in the school libary during free's) computers and spending time with close freinds.
Well yea im an INTJ, took the test early last year as I was going for a hardcore air force interveiw, and a personality test was all part of the weeks fun. I showed good aptitude but actually failed the pilot testing due to ''lack of life experience'' and was told to reapply in 18 months. I forgot about the test I did until reciently in part of my search to find my perfect career so I did it again and got the same result. So now I am scouring every internet site I can to help me make an informed decison about my future, how I can interact with other people better, and just be a better more balanced person.

When I was told I didnt pass the air force board 2hrs later on the flight home I made my decison to take a gap year and gain this valuable ''life experience''. I have spent the first part of this year learing more about other people and those social rituals I didnt understand (eg drinking/clubbing) and have saved all my money and am about to spend the 2nd half of the year in Australia. At the beguinning of this year I planned to train as a pilot at a university next year, although now I am not sure after reading about career choices for INTJ's. Now that I think about it I think that maybe being a pilot isnt for me it doesnt have the creativity freedom or a chance to actually work out hard problems. I had considered a scientist or lawyer a few years ago, but in the last 2 years lost a little faith in myself and drive as unforunetly I focused my attention on computer games and not school although I used to be a 'A' student. Now I am soooo glad I have taken this year off, already I am revved and ready to attack university and am over my bad habits. I hope this community can help me understand myself and aid me in my Decisions.
PS: sorry for the essay, but I know how you all like reading :)

Elfrun
05-28-2008, 03:02 AM
COOL *Eyes wide* flying... & sky diving according to you're pic, love it!!

Welcome to yet another Kiwi -> Oz traveller, be on the constant look out for the snakes, sharks, spiders and drop bears!

VendettaNZ
05-28-2008, 03:40 AM
COOL *Eyes wide* flying... & sky diving according to you're pic, love it!!

Welcome to yet another Kiwi -> Oz traveller, be on the constant look out for the snakes, sharks, spiders and drop bears!

Thanks, yea ill be on the look out for all those besties, im most scared of sharks (its the eyes) but really want to surf so ill get over it :)

Motor Jax
05-28-2008, 07:21 AM
oh, and dolphins

and welcome

Vertigo
05-28-2008, 08:12 AM
Hi Vendetta, I'm sure that learning the finer points of social rituals will be lots of fun, at least you make it sound fun, drinking/clubbing hehe.

Bioplasmoid
05-29-2008, 11:51 PM
Hi Vendetta, Welcome. Im Kiwi also, and wish I had found something like this when I was 19. It might have helped me avoid acquiring some of my (past) bad habits in the first place. It sounds like you have a positive outlook on life and a good plan for the future. I wish you the best with your endeavours.

VendettaNZ
05-30-2008, 01:26 AM
Thanks for that PurpleFnords, hopefully ill draw on everyones experience here.

Monte314
05-31-2008, 08:35 PM
I enjoy hearing the bio's of others on the Forum... I often see a bit of myself there, and it's oddly comforting.

Welcome!