PDA

View Full Version : Greetings...

Frex
05-27-2008, 10:11 PM
I'm new to the board (obvious). I came across when doing a search for INTJ and dating. I was hoping to rely or at least tap into the dating experiences of others who are INTJs. I must say, I have a heck of a time.

Anyway, when I stumbled across this little shin dig I had to sign up. So here I am hoping to mesh in with others who may share my outlook and preferences. We'll see how it goes.

So am I suppose to say more? I'm a female. I live on the west coast. I am in my mid thirties. I am an elementary school teacher which isn't the typical occupation for an INTJ as I understand, but I like it and I am good at it. My significant other calls me a robot (He's an INFP) to which I call him a crybaby. We have a healthy understanding of each other.

Anyway, that's me. Being the new kid stinks. Feel free to chat me up.

fonmaneal
05-27-2008, 10:14 PM
I'm new to the board (obvious). I came across when doing a search for INTJ and dating. I was hoping to rely or at least tap into the dating experiences of others who are INTJs. I must say, I have a heck of a time.

Anyway, when I stumbled across this little shin dig I had to sign up. So here I am hoping to mesh in with others who may share my outlook and preferences. We'll see how it goes.

So am I suppose to say more? I'm a female. I live on the west coast. I am in my mid thirties. I am an elementary school teacher which isn't the typical occupation for an INTJ as I understand, but I like it and I am good at it. My significant other calls me a robot (He's an INFP) to which I call him a crybaby. We have a healthy understanding of each other.

Anyway, that's me. Being the new kid stinks.

But its also full of posibilities:)
Welcome and have some robot fun.

mental drift
05-27-2008, 10:33 PM
Well you are on the dating scene and have a significant other. I think it is us who can learn from you.

Truthfully most of what you hear concerning INTJ's and dating seems to be that we don't know how to assert ourself toward others even when the "signals" someone is sending is as clear as day. Unless the other person is holding up a sign saying "Will you go out with me?" I think we're generally clueless. But good luck in your search, and welcome.

Frex
05-27-2008, 10:38 PM
Well you are on the dating scene and have a significant other. I think it is us who can learn from you.

Not so. I am a complete and utter mess. Empathy, I think they call it, I don't have it.

Truthfully most of what you hear concerning INTJ's and dating seems to be that we don't know how to assert ourself toward others even when the "signals" someone is sending is as clear as day. Unless the other person is holding up a sign saying "Will you go out with me?" I think we're generally clueless. But good luck in your search, and welcome.

Thanks. I suppose it is the relationship part that trips me up. I tend to see things as right/wrong black/white and I really have a hard time seeing other people's point of view. Dating I can do, except I don't do small talk. I'm kind of a pain in the ass for most people I date, but they tend to put up with me. Serial Monogamy is the name of the game. Nothing seems to stick.

replicant
05-28-2008, 12:34 AM
'ello, welcome to the forum. :)

Elfrun
05-28-2008, 02:04 AM
Empathy?!? huh?

Welcome enjoy the lack of small talk.

AutisticCuckoo
05-28-2008, 02:46 AM
Who needs small talk anyway? Welcome!

rwyatt365
05-28-2008, 08:49 AM
Frex, you're only as new as you allow yourself to be. Do the INTJ-thing and barge right in with you opinions at full-blast, you'll fit right in.

Welcome

Motor Jax
05-28-2008, 09:05 AM
welcome Frex